Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 34
Send Topic Print
90-Day Trial: Achieve an Out of Body Experience (Read 280711 times)
Justin
Ex Member

Re: 90-Day Trial: Achieve an Out of Body Experience
Reply #435 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 1:11pm

Seraphis1 wrote on Aug 31st, 2010 at 6:31am:
If I start something, I finish it. I started the JOOB and AKG series and I am going to finish it…

Your perseverance and stick-to-itness is admirable.  The AKG set is not about classic OBE's, and that's part of the point.  Even TMI recommends not getting too hung up on needing to have classic OBE's like Monroe and others did.  (i've only attended the Gateway Voyage program there, so no TMI expert by any means). 

Quote:
If you will recall Bruce Moen’s biographical confession in his books, he stopped attempting classic obe out of fear of not being able to control the event… he almost had one when he was driving and was shocked that he might have a serious accident… but, one of Monroe’s student while driving him in the Faber mountains was speeding… Monroe said don’t get a ticket… the student obe… d and went ahead and returned and told Monroe there were not cops in the vicinity… Monroe was petrified or so the story goes… but they didn’t have an accident…

I do not recall the above.  I do recall Bruce writing here, in one of his books, and in at least one of the free articles on this site that he spent a long while being hung up on wanting, nay feeling the need to have a classic OBE but after much time and effort trying and only having a couple of spontaneous, non controlled classic OBE's spaced over long periods of time eventually gave up the struggle meanwhile learning that there were other, just as effective ways to explore the nonphysical. 

Seems he freed himself from the emotional attachment there, and eventually after that much opened up for him perceptually.

Have you read "Cosmic Journeys" by Rosiland A. McKnight? 

Rosie was one of RAM's earlier explorers back in the day, and the Gateway Voyage program is set up like it is today largely based on the info that came through her from her Guidance.  It's a pretty interesting and holistic book. 

Definitely want to check it against self experience and guidance, but i can say for me my experience with this has confirmed what her main guide "Ah So" talked about in relation to classic OBE i.e. focusing ones consciousness/perceptions primarily through the "etheric body", which btw is connected to the slower vibratory energy Centers.

In any case, all that practice you are doing is definitely constructive and is and will help on different levels, it's just that it may not lead to what you want to happen.  Again, i say "may" because i don't know specifically in your case for sure either way. 

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #436 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 3:11pm

Related to what Justin wrote, I haven't had an OBE with all the effects for a while. I don't know if I could.  Doing so might be similar to trying to fly a plane designed to use jet engines with old prop engines.

I wasn't always a plane that required jet engines, but I've worked on myself spiritually and needs have changed.

Perhaps it is more of a matter of focusing our attention to different energy levels than flying around like superman. Perhaps we experience ourself as superman for as long we need to do so.

On the other hand, flying around is fun, but perhaps doing so from a lucid dream is preferable. I'm not certain, but I believe it is possible that traveling astrally from a lucid dream might be better energetically than the regular way. The reason I say this is because as stated earlier, I no longer travel the old way, but do so from lucid dreams. When I do so from a lucid dream, it doesn't seem as if the old way is missed.

In fact, there were a couple of occasions where I went into the vibrational state before flying, as I was having a lucid dream. This hasn't happened in a while. I believe my higher self/spirit guidance had me experience in such a way, in order to make the point that experiencing such effects aren't necessary. Such effects can be useful when you go from being skeptic to non-skeptic.

Also, I occasionally fly about in what seems to be my mental body while wide awake. Again, no effects are required.

By the way, has anybody who flys around signed up for a frequent flyer program?

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #437 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 3:13pm

Quote:
[quote author=6C5A4D5E4F57564C0E3F0 link=1268502700/433#433 date=1283250681]
If I start something, I finish it. I started the JOOB and AKG series and I am going to finish it…

Justin said:<< Your perseverance and stick-to-itness is admirable.  The AKG set is not about classic OBE's, and that's part of the point.  Even TMI recommends not getting too hung up on needing to have classic OBE's like Monroe and others did.  (i've only attended the Gateway Voyage program there, so no TMI expert by any means).  >>

Hi Justin: I guess I didn’t quite get your point. Here is my position. I regard obe as a skill, not as an end in itself… just as remote viewing is a skill… these are tools in ones non-physical arsenal.

I have successfully used phasing in the seminar environment here is my response to a query on the tmi forum to a question about my guideline experience:

CommentAuthorakasha

<<I wanted to ask you.. What was guidelines like?>>

In guidelines I found out I have a residence on f21. It is a Roman Portico on a Blue Lake with an Alabaster mountain in the background. You are invited to visit. I discovered I am a very beautiful Man… a Light body… I was astounded… one of my fellow student recognized I had contact my Divinity and wanted to worship me (joking of course - LOL!!) I discovered I am too masculine and the powers are working on me to balance me out… I experienced a lot of energy flows… I now realize I was contacting and interacting with Kundalini.

<< Did you do it in faber?>>

I went to Faber.

<< What was it like in that really cool chair?>>

It isn’t a chair it is a very sophisticated water bed… I loved it. I found a demon in my heart chakra which got dissolved… I discovered that I was to get a great release when I did Lifelines… which I recently finished… and I discovered a personal lifetime that was hanging me up and released it in lifelines.

<<Also, what focus level do they take you to? Thanks in advance for your help…>>

Went to focus 27 saw the wonderful heavenly clouds and the nurse in electric royal blue.

S.

I have also done a retrieval in which I took a soul directly to F27, he seemed to be ready to go there… I was surprised he didn’t wink out before I got him there.

Quote:
[

Have you read "Cosmic Journeys" by Rosiland A. McKnight? 

I haven’t read CJ but I was at one of Rosi’s last lecture at TMI before she died… as a matter of fact I obe’d using her inspiration of the fasting technique of which I add sleep deprevation… but, that is very draconian… I want to do this with less physical stress and discomfort.

So essentially, what I am saying is the what we are doing is quite stochastic and can not be put in a box. Every being will have their own goals and aims… mine revolve around being a Facilitator like Monroe’s 1800 year old guy.

I do TMI twice a year.  I am doing  Bulmann’s obe TMI seminar on Sept 25 to 28... I think of myself as a Renaissance man versatile and many faceted. Mastering the Universe.

S.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #438 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 7:18pm

8/31/2010 - afternoon session:

Potpourri session: AKG disc 1: cut 1: JOOB disc set: condition C:AKG disk 1: cut 6: Interpreter/perceiver exercise.

This is amazing I have enterer a whole new world of relaxation and the experience of relaxation

Relaxation phase:

relaxation state is immediate and takes a whole new turn. I am full like a balloon… almost now body sensation… hard to describe.

JOOB condition C:

Very deep and consciously aware. Some fundamental body attempt to separate… this is where I want to be… a smooth separation and in good physical condition without debilitation… The disk ends and I am ambivalent about ending the session. Decide to continue in I/P mode.

AKG disk 1: cut 6: Interpreter/perceiver exercise:

Seems my subconscious is trying to process a tv movie I recently watched and found tedious and unwatchable… a british detective drama… red riding trilogy… it is stuck in my subconscious and my I/P is trying to dissolve it… if the subconscious is like the intestinal track… it is trying to pass this whole indigestible mass…

NB: I am very happy about these new unexpected developments… especially the desire to meditate for hours… that is where it is at… the ability to stay internal for very long periods… outstanding!!

S.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #439 - Sep 1st, 2010 at 1:17pm

9/1/2010 - morning session:

Potpourri session: AKG disc 1: cut 1: JOOB disc set: condition C:AKG disk 1: cut 6: Interpreter/perceiver exercise.

Two steps forward: one step backward, not so enthusiastic about long sessions now… didn’t stay in session to do the I/P.

Relaxation phase:

relaxation state not quite as profound as yesterday, but it is coming in earlier in the disk… f10.

JOOB condition C:

Lots of imagery in this session (this is not supposed to happen in this condition… all sensory functions are supposed to shutdown as the disk progresses… but, they never did)… I was conversing with a papal figure… he had the mitered hat and the ornate vestments… purple pulsing light developed… I did get the ringing sounds and the pressure in the temple area which indicates auditory is attempting to engage…

Aborted the I/P cut. Went to breakfast.

S.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #440 - Sep 1st, 2010 at 7:36pm

9/01/2010 - afternoon session:

Relaxation phase:

Body rock hard… must be sleep paralysis… fairly quickly into f10...

JOOB condition C:

Mind awake but poc… will not separate it is just locked into the awake mind… have now idea where it is… except I am the center of it… became aware of a room… window wall… a bronze body was standing akimbo back against the wall… the only thing I can think is that this is a process and I have advanced a long way in the relaxation phase… which must have whole worlds of layers to go before the mind is released enough from the physical to trigger the vibrations… but at least something new and different is happening all the time… that is progress…

Didn’t do this exercise.

S.

IP Logged

goobygirl

USA
Reply #441 - Sep 2nd, 2010 at 12:33am

BTW I found the JOOB material on CD here:

http://www.glidewing.com/astraldynamics/papi_cds.html

Goobygirl

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #442 - Sep 2nd, 2010 at 6:15am

goobygirl wrote on Sep 2nd, 2010 at 12:33am:
BTW I found the JOOB material on CD here:

http://www.glidewing.com/astraldynamics/papi_cds.html

Hi Gooby: Thanks for the heads up.

S.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #443 - Sep 2nd, 2010 at 10:11am

9/1/2010 - morning session:

Another step forward. I wanted to again stay in session and could have gone on indefinitely. It is a joy to be in the inner world.

Relaxation phase:

Again relaxation state not quite as easily achieve but it gradually settles in…f10.

JOOB condition C:

Major itch right at the beginning under the nose above the lip scratched in a reflex… but it was early enough that it was not disruptive… later developed a need to cough… did so… but smooth returned to inner state and the shutting down of sensory faculties. 

This time I happily allowed the exercise to run and participated… I have better results with this exercise when I am awake and walking around when I become aware of the Interpreter chattering away and I attempt to locate its source… in session everything seems like it is coming from everywhere and has no source… but that is what an exercise is for…

S.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #444 - Sep 2nd, 2010 at 2:06pm

9/02/2010 - 2nd morning session:

Unbelievable session!!!

Relaxation phase:

Almost immediately my brain went rock hard… almost unaware of rest of my body… it was light and amorphous f10...

JOOB condition C:

See a lone orange gabled house on a green grassed promontory… my cranial area (neo cortex??) starts buzzing… about half way through session my left lower leg went rigid… the toes stretched back tensed and rigid… whatever was going on in my brain is spreading to the rest of my body except that is starting on the left side of my body… the right side is still airy and light… electric jolt in the heart chakra… whole body in a light buzz… now a ringing in the temple area right side of head… but lightly ringing in left temple… light flash… I want the session to end… time is oppressive… but I feel I can’t abort but must stay till the end of the disk… it is a struggle not to abort… must stay in session… mercifully my whole body is feeling all the same sensations… the disk click out….

Have no idea what this is all about….

Didn’t do this exercise.

S.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #445 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 1:06pm

9/3/2010 - morning session:

A powerful session.

Relaxation phase:

Relaxation continues to begin in the cranial area, with a lot of energy concentration in the eyes…f10.

JOOB condition C:

Intense royal blue light… astral vision flashed in… fundamental body movement…

Started the exercise but decided to abort…

S.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #446 - Sep 4th, 2010 at 12:43pm

9/4/2010 - morning session:

Not sure what kind of session this was… it was not a step backward… it was not necessarily an advance… guess it was marching in place…

Relaxation phase:

As I was going into the relaxation phase which is always beginning with the cerebral cortex going rigid, I became aware of myself being upside down with my feet pointed at the ceiling… this is clearly an obe state… but my point of consciousness was still in my brain… so I was in a mind split… f10.

JOOB condition C:

I seem to be in a large open space in a warehouse… I was in a female body and I had the identity of someone I know (AS)… intense pressure cranial area… fundamental body shift… ringing and pressure in the temple and ear mostly right side…

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/65/Ear-anatomy.png

Vibrations attempt to come in…

Didn’t do this exercise.

S.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #447 - Sep 4th, 2010 at 4:40pm

9/04/2010 - Afternoon session:

Powerful and beautiful session

Relaxation phase:

Relaxation coming in easily…  f10...

JOOB condition C:

Gradual shutting down of sensory perception… body gradually preparing to receive the vibrations… I think this is how the controlled obe’s will manifest… my body will gradually be able to accept the intense vibratory 10,000 needle phenomena… it is clearly moving in that direction… but the intense sense of well being is wonderfully… thank you God for this ability… thy will be done…

S.

IP Logged

msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Reply #448 - Sep 4th, 2010 at 9:24pm

Well I got back from TMI (The Monroe Institute) a couple weeks ago. It's taken me a while to get some free time and to really understand any sort of permanent changes their Gateway Voyage program left on me. It was an amazing week of self-discovery, exploration, experience, and development.

In a nutshell I came wanting to learn more about consciousness and subjective experience (and maybe have an OBE too!). While I didn't have a pure OBE, I did come away with much more than I expected. I do have a deeper understanding of how I am more than my physical body (consciousness). I am more aware, happy, sensitive, and caring in general, and have a modified outlook on life.

The Gateway Voyage teaches you how to attain different altered states of consciousness (what they call Focus 10, 12, 15, and 21) with the help of Hemi-Sync. Attaining these states during the program was surprisingly easy. Some people might also know that Bob Monroe termed this shifting between altered states as phasing. Phasing is a whole lot easier to do and is more gradual than trying to just attain an OBE. I think it's because phasing allows you to be open to any sort of non-physical perception, instead of expecting for XYZ to occur in an OBE.

Conscious experience is very subjective and there is quite a variety of ways to experience the focus levels. That's why if you believe you want to have an OBE just like one you've read, you'll likely end up blocking any sort of non-physical perception that isn't what you're expecting. It's much better to just be open to what comes to you. That's one of the biggest things I learned at the Gateway Voyage, and it's why I've dropped the goal of "having an OBE" for something more general and expansive.

My non-physical perceptions were varied between visions, feelings, and the occasional sense of "knowing". I should be clear that these visions came to me in my mind's eye (so I didn't see it through my physical eyes), and I'd sometimes have trouble figuring out whether I was actually imagining what I was seeing or if I wasn't. I'm far from mastering this, but I've also come a long way.

The exercises at the Gateway Voyage also give you plenty of tools. This gives you things to try when you're lying there in the altered state, such as receiving guidance, performing healing, remote viewing, manifestation, interacting with entities, etc. One of the best successes for me was deepening my connection with my guidance (be it a guide, helper, or whatever you want to call it). When I have a question about something going on in my life, I can usually get a yes/no answer from this guidance (it depends on the question) - which is very useful! The manifestation exercise actually ended up working for me (a specific boost in my career), and I received some positive results (not 100% accurate) with the remote viewing.

I'm not 100% sure why I'm more happy, sensitive, caring, etc. I think part of it has to do with having experiences that have showed me what an open heart *feels* like. Hemi-Sync also tends to make you use both your left-brain and your right-brain - and my right-brain has definitely been underutilized. Perhaps coming in greater alignment with my whole being has helped in some way as well.

I used to dismiss most subjective experience (i.e. lived in the left-brained objective causality of Western culture) - but there is SO much to it.. and it is directly applicable to our everyday lives.

I should also mention that another huge source of knowledge for me about all of this has come from the book "My Big Toe". This book and its author really resonate with me - I've been able to make sense of all this new age "hokum" in a logical framework that makes sense to me. It's been completely compatible with my Gateway Voyage and enhanced my understanding of it.

I will definitely be going to TMI within the next year to take another program. I'm currently debating between Heartline, Guidelines, and MC squared. My current goals are to become more loving/caring, and to enhance my non-physical perceptions by continuing to meditate everyday.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #449 - Sep 4th, 2010 at 10:42pm

9/04/2010 - Evening session:

Relaxation phase:

Relaxation coming in easily…  f10...

JOOB condition C:

Almost immediately three sharp electric lightning pains is the left index finger outside edge:

Reflexology sheds on light on the pains:

http://www.dorlingkindersley-uk.co.uk/static/cs/uk/11/features/reflexology/handc...

Several exit attempts… heart chakra startup attempts… this time sharp clear signal in left ear area this time:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/65/Ear-anatomy.png

Vibrations attempt to come in…

S.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 34
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.