Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
How does reiki feel to you? (Read 53161 times)
Lucy

C1
How does reiki feel to you?
Jan 16th, 2009 at 3:31pm

Background:

I took a reiki level 1 course oh, 6 or 8 years ago. It was taught by John Harvey Gray and Lourdes Gray (so it was taught by folks who know a bit about reiki). I tried realy hard but I really didn't feel anything in or with my hands the way some others did. The only place I came close was in practicing holding the energy ball between my two hands, which I had tried before (for years with not much effect).

I continued to practice the energy ball. I actually progressed on that due to practicing another kind of meditation. In the other kind, you did the hand things where you touch the thumb and pointer finger for a breath cycle, and then the thumb and middle finger, then thumb and ring finger, then thumb and pinky. I used to prqctice in a wooded area under a tree I particularly liked. I began to feel energy flow? vibration? something between thumb and finger. I called the tree my teacher! anyway, subsequent to that, I felt like the energy ball exercise produced a result. When I was a kid I used to play with magnets and thought the way two north poles repulsed each other was funny. The energy ball had a spot where my hands felt a little like two north poles repusling each other. Hey, at least I feel something!

Current:

So recently I have had a problem with one of my ankles. I felt inclined to try some reiki. There is a bookstore nearby that weekly has reiki sessions given by folks who are learning reiki. You get a 30-minute session for making a donation. The practitioners donate their time. The bookstore has been doing this for years. I don't know why I haven't been going every week for the last year or so now that I have that time free. So I decided to sign up for a reiki session.

So of course I was almost late. I rushed in. Did I mention it has been cold lately? andhow! the room is full of tables and reiki going on. (about 10 or so tables?) I slipped off my snow-wet shoes and on to the table and asked to be covered by the blanket. January in New England is not for the fainthearted. So the woman who drew my name was very nice. I told her about my ankle and then tried to lay there clamly. Being late had my mind racing and I had to forcefully remind myself "be here now" kind of stuff. I was also visualizing the energy in through the feet out through the head thing that TMI uses. So I'm trying to focus on NOW and the woman starts the reiki. Her style was to touch me gently at certain points. I did finally relax and enjoy just lying there. So she moved from the head down. What was curious was that there came a time when I knew she had moved her hands but it still felt like she was touching me where she had been. It felt like I had 3 or 4 hands on me. Interesting. Then when she got to my ankles, she gave them extra time. Again, it felt like I was touched in more than two places. The sensation was not unpleasant and it lingered. It was intriguing. of coourse, 30 minutes is too short and you have to leave for the next person.

So I have never achieved any state that I am willing to call Focus 10. Now I am wondering if I got into some kind of Focus 10 state.

So I went back the following week. Different person, a nice guy. We were in the smaller room downstairs, only three tables, and you can hear customers walking on the creaking floor upstairs. My stomach was kind of gurgling that night and I thought it correlated with the creaking floorboards. it was hard to not laugh.

I got there on time but still had to focus hard to "be here now" and the energy reball. I told him I also had a slight headache in addition to the ankle so he spent a little time with my head. He didn't touch me like the woman did. With my eyes closed, I could not locate exactly where he was working. But as he moved towards my ankles, I noticed that my hands, lying by my sides, kind of felt like they do when I do the energy ball exercise. They also felt as though I had on those plastic gloves people put on for exams or to handle dirty money or whatever. Except the gloves were a size too big and filled with water, so that when they were touched, the sensation had to go through the stretchy material and the water. So it felt like my hands had these bags of something malleable around them.

The effect on my ankles was similar to the prior week. He did something on the top of my feet, then when he moved to the bottoms, I thought I could still feel it on the tops.  

I don't usually get that flush feeling either, but I did then. it is the way I used to feel if I swam alot if laps (like a mile) and then rested. Maybe long-distance running does the same. Also a little like what I used to feel in my legs sometimes years ago, like in college, when we tried herbal 'remedies' that are smoked.

I told the guy about feeling like I was touched in multiple places. He relayed to me that while he was working on my feet, he had an image of a Jesus lizard, the kind that can run across the water. He thought it was because he thought my name was Lizzie. I didn't correct him. But I have this thing about talking about walking on water, so I thought that was interesting! He thought I was pulling in alot of energy through my feet.

I was able to repeat the sensation in my ankles, though not as strongly, a few days later when I woke up before dawn. I lost it when I shifted my position to make my back more comfortable and I fell back asleep.

So does focus 10 feel like that for anyone?

Does reiki feel like this for anyone else? What does reiki feel like for you? Do you need to feel the reiki for it to work? or do you even think healing with reiki is the same as healing with PUL?

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Re: How does reiki feel to you?
Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 6:15pm

Re: your last sentence/question--i think it depends.  Most true energetic healing comes from some kind of attunement to PUL either on part of the healer, the healee, or both.

I have nothing against Reiki and Reiki practitioners, but I can't help but feel that a lot of it is just unnecessary, too much formula or something, which then relates to dogma and belief system limitations.  
When I look at who i consider to have been the most effective healer in our recorded history, I see an example that healed in all kinds of ways, but primarily through attuning to love and using just plain intention.  Sees, KNOWS they are healed and they are.

He channeled Universal Creative/healing forces, BUT his healings were particularly effective because 1--he was such a consistently clear channel of these energies and consciousness anyways to begin with, and 2 because he often gave of his own energies as well.  Hence there was some "sacrifice" involved, from a more material minded perspective.  
 Hence even he occasionally grew tired, needed rest, and time to recharge.  Yet Reiki practioners and some other modalities claim that they don't need that because they just channel universal energies.  Seems like in many cases, despite more people today being more open minded to nonphysical reality and phenom.(very important in this whole equation) such full and complete healings as he facilitated are not all that common.

To me, Reiki, and a lot of Reiki practitioners that i've met, seem to be in the elementary or middle school of healing, wheras he and his methods by contrast was like a University professor.

There are not many healers today who have the experience of putting a mans cut off ear back and restoring it completely, and other such remarkable and full healings.  But healing and this whole subject is too easy to be overly generalized, there are many potential factors involved and each individual case needs to be looked at closely to really understand what's going on.

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #2 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 8:49pm

I bought a Reiki book, and as soon as I started reading it my spirit guidance chimed in with an image that basically said, this isn't the way I want to approach healing.

I believe that true healing ability comes from a high level of spirit being. The more a person lets go of limitations and allows his or her self to grow in love, the more he or she will be able to channel divine spirit being. When a person does so, techniques become secondary if needed at all. If a person doesn't develop his or her self spiritually, what does he or she expect to heal with?

There is also the matter of understanding what kind of healing a person needs. If a person has physical problems because he or she holds onto limiting thought patterns that cause energetic blocks and imbalances, how much will it help to provide a technique such as Reiki?  Often, you have to heal the mind and spirit, before you can heal the body.

Now I'll read what Justin wrote. Perhaps he wrote something similar. If so, please pardon the redundancy.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #3 - Jan 17th, 2009 at 11:32am

Hi

something for everyone, though, right?   Smiley

If reiki can clear a few passages, that's still a few more passages that are cleared that had been previously blocked. Maybe even they are key passages that will open one to further development.

We know from previous posts that Lucy is a true seeker. She finds lots of interesting and helpful information.

I can't answer your question about Focus 10 though Lucy, as I've never had reiki done.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #4 - Jan 17th, 2009 at 7:45pm

The Massage style that I studied in Hooksett NH uses Reiki constantly. It works and I have used it many times. It is the most PUL oriented healing art I have ever encountered. Without PUL you are wasting your time, but to say Reiki doesn't incorporate PUL is ridiculous. I can understand that some might find the use of the symbols to be a different, but they do not keep PUL out of the equation.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #5 - Jan 17th, 2009 at 10:52pm

Yes Beau, I guess you're right. But the more books are on the market, the more methods and reports about initiations, angels and such are worrying the minds of people who simply want to heal, and that's maybe what's counterproductive. Essential in my view is the intent, and the method Bruce propagates, imagine it, pretend it. It is just so that commonly people like to imagine an energy ball and such, and when it works, it's ok. The role of a teacher and initiation can be important for some to give them the certainty that Yes! You can!  Smiley And to touch someone gently, or even just holding the hands close to someone is something which is a gesture of humanity, of friendship and care, and most people are sensitive for it, thank God.

Lucy:
Focus 10 is, when I read other's reports about it, a mysterious thing. The reports are very varying. It goes from something like relaxed, wandering thoughts to absolutely unawareness of the body while mind-traveling. I never made it to the unawareness of the body; I think a relaxed state of the body and the mind focused on other things is at least the prime part of Focus10, and good enough for the exercises in Bruce's 5th book.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #6 - Jan 18th, 2009 at 9:13am

And here I must be honest about it and say I have never read a book on Reiki. I studied from a someone who had done it for years and they had been initiated by someone before them.  I know there is hogwash out there in every form. I was perhaps a bit too defensive in my last post. And it does get under my skin that Reiki has levels and some people are "masters," but I wouldn't blame the technique for that. That's all I'm really saying. People can make or ruin anything when it comes to perceptions. Your point is well taken spooky thank you

Yours,
Beau

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #7 - Jan 18th, 2009 at 10:57pm

That's too bad that no one has had any reiki experiences that they can share anything about. Maybe someone else has and will be moved to post. or maybe someone else will try reiki some time and post.

Since what I wanted was to share soemthign about what the experience was like, I am reluctant to go in another direction. But there are questions floating in the air.

Cayce is fascinating but he can't teach us what he did. He shared the fruits of what he did but he can't teach anyone else to do it. It has always been my assumption that the Jesus stories about healing were literally true. Some folks disagree with that. But let's go with the literal. 2000 years later we ain't made much progress with that system. There's some problem here, folks. I don't know many folks who are spiritual enopugh to accomplish that level of healing, present company included. With that in mind, it seems like folks would be interested in exploring every avenue to find out where the blocks are, assuming the underlying ideas are good. (ie that all healing is really spiritual). I haven't met anyone else yet who can walk on water better than I can. And I've been looking.

Reiki is rewported to come out of spiritual inspiration ...probably not much different than Cayce's did, to my way of thinking. Here is one version of its history:

http://www.asunam.com/life_of_mikao_usui.htm

There's the part about the near-death experience, the description of ewhich was attacked by the true believers. Seems to be a common theme.

So the levels evoled to fit the times. Maybe that is passe now. I imagine not all the books on the market give the background, or encourage a deep look at Buddhism, for that matter.

John Harvey Gray teaches a method passed down from Usui through a Mrs. Takata. Christianity used to use laying on of hands to pass things down so I don't find this any stranger than the Christian tradition. John Harvey Gray is pretty interesting. Kinda getting up there in years. At the class he brought up knowing Bob Monroe. He used to teach an introductory hemi-sync course. This was long before all the cd's were available, when Monroe was still on this side. The point is, Bob trusted him to do this. Hey, maybe JHG gave Bob Monroe a reiki treatment at some time or other. Not that JHG would ever discuss that! He's very proper!

JHG and Lourdes occasionally teach reiki for kids, and once they were around here teaching. I signed up my kid and also a friend's kid. A lucky dog named Oscar got to be the one practiced on. (Oscar has since crossed the rainbow bridge but I imagine he is still happy).

My friend is not too interested in this stuff. Not interested enough to be a student. But she has commented that she can feel that aura area around people's bodies. She doesn't need training. But it is real to her. I find that interesting.

Spooky thanks for the comments on Focus 10. I kinds feel like, if Focus 10 isn't a place I can get to and easily identify once I am there, like, say, New York City is, then it is a little hogwash to talk about Focus 10. That distresses me because I want it to be "real". So partly I was trying to invent my own road map to get there. Hmm, still don't have that road map.

The sensations I feel in my body are real to me. I would like to be able to cal them up at will. I didn't feel anything when I was taking the class. I don't think I am feeling "reiki" I think I am feeling something in me....well if reiki is univeral energy then maybe I am feeling reiki, but I'm not feeling anything separate from that.

I'm gonna keep trying this so if anything else interesting happens I will post it. I was hoping Romain would comment sooner or later.

I have to look to see where Hookset is. JHG and Lourdes are in Jaffrey. (it is much warmer in SC right now.)

btw sppoky I am not good at concious imagination. Of course, some schools of thought say that all we are/have gets here through imagination, so maybe I am good at it subconciously.

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jan 20th, 2009 at 12:34am

betson wrote on Jan 17th, 2009 at 11:32am:
Hi

something for everyone, though, right?   Smiley

If reiki can clear a few passages, that's still a few more passages that are cleared that had been previously blocked. Maybe even they are key passages that will open one to further development.

We know from previous posts that Lucy is a true seeker. She finds lots of interesting and helpful information.

I can't answer your question about Focus 10 though Lucy, as I've never had reiki done.

Bets

Hi Bets,

I think true healing comes more from within, than without, though sometimes without can be a catalyst.  Particularly when you are dealing with a very spiritually mature, PUL attuned consciousness.

Reiki has become very "New age" chic, and the New age has become such a business.   

True healers heal for the sake of healing, not for money imo.  I'm not saying that a true healer cannot be a Reiki practitioner but so far, i haven't been all that impressed with the Reiki practitioners that I've tuned into. 

Btw, i had Reiki done on me.  To the mans credit, he didn't charge anything for his brief demonstration.   He did have healing energy, but not so much because he was practicing Reiki, but because of who he was, what he was like, and his deeper intentions, etc.

THATS what really counts, not the name  and type of the modality, etc.

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jan 20th, 2009 at 12:45am

Beau wrote on Jan 17th, 2009 at 7:45pm:
The Massage style that I studied in Hooksett NH uses Reiki constantly. It works and I have used it many times. It is the most PUL oriented healing art I have ever encountered. Without PUL you are wasting your time, but to say Reiki doesn't incorporate PUL is ridiculous. I can understand that some might find the use of the symbols to be a different, but they do not keep PUL out of the equation.

Hi Beau,

Who said that Reiki doesn't incorporate PUL?   I think it depends on the individual practitioner, and even the individual case.   Some Reiki practitioners no doubt are using PUL whether consciously or unconsciously in their healing work.  Some no doubt, probably don't have a deeper and more pure attunement to same.

I was not bashing Reiki, but pointing out that its easy for people to get hung up on the outer, when its the inner is where its really at.  I believe that this is really important to get across.  And, it seems like for some, money is a big part of why they do Reiki, as it has become very chic in the New Age scene.  And no, its not just Reiki, but many avenues whether "channelers/mediums", "astrologers", etc. 

More individuals would find more true healing not by going to this or that practitioner, but by going within and attuning to PUL directly, and trying to help others via that. 

What can i say, i'm an opinionated loud mouth...

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Re: Have you had sensations like this before?
Reply #10 - Jan 20th, 2009 at 12:17pm

Justin

Actually I do agree that reiki has been commercialized. Even back when I took the class, John Harvey Gray, made the same lament. Perhaps he was speaking from a different perspective, but I think he regretted that the technique he learned had not been patented. That sounds a little crass , but that is the way we use in this country to keep things intact. To him the passing on of the technique in a particular way was very important. As I said, having come from a religious tradition that honored laying on of hands as a way to pass things on, that didn't seem totally foreign to me. He lamented that folks could read a book and then claim they knew reiki. There is more to it than that.

Of course, that makes it seem exclusive, which doesn't appeal to me, but perhaps learning it from a master or working with a master might actually be significant in learning the tehniques. That is why the Grays are always careful to say where they learned the reiki. That lineage is very important to them.

I don't know if Bruce has patented his approach, but this would be like if someone with great marketing skills came in and took Bruce's techniques and sold them while leaving Bruce out of the loop. That is what happened with the reiki and I've seen that happen with at least one other thing. I guess one just needs to be aware that this goes on.

It occurs to me that these guys doing reiki at this place are students who do not receive compensation for doing this. You put money in a jar on the way out the door and nobody checks, you could put as little or as much as you want, you could skip out too. The recipient of the funds is listed on the jar. It's usually some group, you know, like a shelter or something like that. So I don't think of this as commercial.

I think maybe that what I really wanted to focus on was the sensations and not the reiki. I just happened to be in a reiki moment when it happened. It is the sensations that are interesting. So I would like to ask, have you (anyone) had sensations like this before? Under what circumstances? What did it mean to you? Can you recreate the experience at will?

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #11 - Jan 20th, 2009 at 1:37pm

The only time I've "gotten out" in what seemed to be C1 but out of the body was during a massage session that focused on Reiki. It was during a class in the mid 90's. I moved from one end of the room to the other and listened to a conversation that I could not have heard from where I was being massaged. I couldn't see, but from my hearing I could tell I was in a very different locale within the very large room. I have not experienced that since then in such a fashion, but I have reached an F10 state and even F15 from being massaged. I think the Reiki attunement may have something to do with that.

IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #12 - Jan 21st, 2009 at 3:19pm

Lucy wrote on Jan 18th, 2009 at 10:57pm:
That's too bad that no one has had any reiki experiences that they can share anything about. Maybe someone else has and will be moved to post. or maybe someone else will try reiki some time and post.

My friend is not too interested in this stuff. Not interested enough to be a student. But she has commented that she can feel that aura area around people's bodies. She doesn't need training. But it is real to her. I find that interesting.

Spooky thanks for the comments on Focus 10. I kinds feel like, if Focus 10 isn't a place I can get to and easily identify once I am there, like, say, New York City is, then it is a little hogwash to talk about Focus 10. That distresses me because I want it to be "real". So partly I was trying to invent my own road map to get there. Hmm, still don't have that road map.

The sensations I feel in my body are real to me. I would like to be able to cal them up at will. I didn't feel anything when I was taking the class. I don't think I am feeling "reiki" I think I am feeling something in me....well if reiki is univeral energy then maybe I am feeling reiki, but I'm not feeling anything separate from that.

I'm gonna keep trying this so if anything else interesting happens I will post it. I was hoping Romain would comment sooner or later.

Hello Lucy;
Sorry a bit late but having problems with compu these days..Smiley Vista.Sad

Interesting reading your posts and the answers you were giving.
Not sure if i can help but will put my 2 cents in..Smiley

1- As for Reiki experiences up to 4 yrs ago didn't had any. but was able since a younger age to send healing energies distant or not to people ...Didn't know how i was doing it but was working
beause a few persons did tell me they recieived it and they knew it was me sending it.
Even if i did not tell them i was sending it until they ask me.!!

THEN i started reading about energy work and found a book on Reiki by Stein...something...then it open my eyes....Ahhhh..that's what i'm doing and there a name to it..Smiley

2-Never had any formal training then either !! (until 4yrs ago)
Formal to me is being taught by a Master. I'm on the Second level now whatever it means, not interested in Master degree cause i don't want to teach it. But i have the paper who says i'm 2sd degree, somewhere burry  with other paper...Smiley Did it made a difference..!
There are people who want to see it to believe i don't.
Like a friend of mine who is a Usui master said...it give more credibility to you knowing/technique...hummm..anyhow!

3-One of the reason i really did not want to take the training was i could not afford to pay for it ..Found an older lady who attune/train me for a few home cook meals..Smiley
(IMPO here) don't want to start a rush on ethic...but why pay for something that everyone can do, we all have the ability? and the Reiki energies are giving to you freely from HSelf..cosmic enery or whatever you want to call it. You can do it Lucy.

4-The sensation that i feel when asking for Reiki for myself or other are real to me..like a very comfortable warm like you sitting in front of a fireplace..warm and cosy.

5- As for F10 sensation ..F10 is mind awake body asleep..you don't need to be comatose to be in F10..no punt intended here...just plain deep relaxation...let you body relax and go with it...you said you like to relax under a tree when doing some of your exercises...you were problly in F10 then..there're no magic to this..it just a nice peacefull relaxation..
Let's hope we get more comments now...LOL

Hope this help
PUL Lucy.
R.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #13 - Jan 21st, 2009 at 8:44pm

Beau
That was pretty interesting. I realized that trying to "see" may restrict me sometimes. I like that you just went around the room and didn't worry about seeing.

So I am realizing it is nonsensical to ask if it was the energy body I felt or the reiki.  ..I felt the reiki in my energy body, I guess. Not in the physical. I felt an enhancement of the energy body due to energy being focused through technique of reiki. Not sure how to say it.

Romain
Well that was interesting. So you felt like you sent energy and then found some others called that reiki. I guess one good thing is that it gives some common language to use.
(I wonder if Usui would have charged except that people expect it, they do better sometimes when they are charged than if they get it free. I vaguely recall JHG saying something about that. Not that the spa set doesn't maybe overdo it a little...Lourdes pointed out that petting our pets can be a form of reiki and they love it, and nobody gets charged for that! The furry ones have us hoodwinked!)

I have to say that this sensation I am trying to describe is more intense than that relaxing in front of the fire thing.  Sometimes is it much more intense. I went again last night and I am trying to detach and experience each individual as unique. Maybe they do the same with me. I can't believe they have so many volunteers.
I went initially because I have something wrong with my ankle (in addition to the rest of my life, but that's another story). So I was more worried at first and I think that increased the intensity. Also I hadn't been there for a while and that makes it more intense for me (on guard in unfamiliar surroundings). So I have lost that edge. And the person last night had a different approach, more hands on (literally) and moved around slightly differently. yet I still felt some of the localized heightened sensations, just not as intense as the first time or the second. What Beau wrote made me realize it may be the energy body I am feeling, rather than reiki energy in my physical body, if that is possible. I think I need to not be totally focused in C1 to do that.

Focus 10
Alas I do think that my mind/brain thinks if my body is alseep, it should be too.

(Vista
yeah they need reiki for vista from what I've heard. or maybe just entirely new energy paths. I think my next computer should be a Mac laptop, and I have XP)

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 1:17am

Hi Lucy,

Re: how Reiki felt...  Well, during my one and only session so far, as far as i can recollect (this was a long time ago), i felt a warmth beyond the body heat of the hands, i felt some energy flow or movement but it was rather subtle.  

That's pretty much it.  It was a nice experience, felt nice.

Being more discriminating now, if i were to ever have Reiki (or any other kind of energy healing) again, it would be with a person i felt was very loving, very balanced, and of the highest intentions.  In short, a very spiritually mature channel.  I'm of the opinion that one shouldn't mess with this kind of stuff with folks who don't more or less fit into that above state with those average tendencies.   I'm not saying they need to be what some call spiritual masters, or completed consciousnesses, but the closer the better and more helpful...

The somewhat analogical equivalent is, would you want a clueless, careless, and/or inconsiderate doctor working on you during an important operation?

Btw, your last comment was pretty funny. Grin    

IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #15 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 12:59pm

Quote:

Being more discriminating now, if i were to ever have Reiki (or any other kind of energy healing) again, it would be with a person i felt was very loving, very balanced, and of the highest intentions.  In short, a very spiritually mature channel.  

Hi Justin;
How true you spoke here.
In the beginning i went through 3 different "Master" for more information's before finding the one i spoke off before.

The first 2 i saw to ask for information/classes ...after introduction did not stay in their office more than 10 minutes..did not had a good feeling about those two..there was a air of "Grandeur/upper class better than anyone in this city type..was the feeling ...straight in my face so to speak, and my little voice saying "WALK AWAY NOW". AND DID.
3rd ..lol....no need to speak about this one.

yes we do have the choice.
I must say that the heat feeling in my hand after the attainments/opening of the channels were/are much stronger now..Smiley
PUL
Rom

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #16 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 1:27pm

I like this thread.  It's been an interesting read and very fitting to where my thoughts have been focused for the past several weeks now.  I started a blog and recently wrote about this very topic, even mentioning the energy ball in the hands thing.

I know I didn't invent that energy ball thing, but I really haven't heard anyone talk about it.  Is this typically a thing they teach with Reiki or other healing techniques?   It is something I have always played with just for fun, and like you mentioned with the magnets Lucy, it does feel like two magnet ends repelling each other. 

So recently I was playing with it while simultaneously mulling over "how can I teach myself how to administer healing?  What technique can I come up with to utilize what I believe I can do?" 

The point was exactly what Justin has been describing throughout this thread...that we all can do healing and it is the intention and thought that is most important, not the technique per se and not the classes one has taken.  I do believe some of us are just more naturally inclined to share healing and that the true gift and deliverance of it is nothing more than good-hearted intentions.  Similar to what a mother feels she is administering when she kisses her sick or hurt child--with that kiss we completely believe in our hearts that we are passing on through our love exactly what our child needs, as if our love can heal anything.  And why not?  That might sound like a silly example, but it's true.  You give a kiss with the intention of passing on something spiritual/nonphysical whether it be love, kindness, healing, etc.  If you think about it, this is our true intention with all gestures, isn’t it?  As if we are sending something out.  Whether it is a positive or negative gesture!  But I think that any true healing intention one has with Reiki or any other form of healing, should be done with that kind of pureness of intent and love.  I can see why Bruce teaches us to feel love and to raise our awareness that way, and that thinking about and remembering the feeling of being loved or loving can bring you to that level.  It works to raise your consciousness to that level where placing pure intent is easy to do.  "Open your heart", they say.  Yes, that's a good thing to remember. 

Like whoever mentioned petting our pets--those of us who are true pet lovers knows exactly the kind of unconditional love exchange between human and pet while each of them is enjoying the petting motions.  People need this too. 

I notice with my children there's nothing that feels better than when one of my kids lovingly lays a hand on me--to touch my face, a hand on the back or shoulder, and especially during a hug.  It feels so good and tingling.  I believe that what I'm feeling is their energy administered through pure love.  What I mean by pure is a pure intent, no strings attached.  That innate sense of something you feel without giving it any thought.  The feeling of desiring to reach out and touch something or someone.  Kind of like a little kid who cannot resist touching everything he sees, it's plain old impulsion and curiosity driven by some force of nature we all possess, but as we grow up we are told to not to touch and to think before we act, etc. 

I've never had Reiki done on me nor have I studied it.  I did have something called touch therapy, I think.  Is that the same as Reiki?  It was after giving birth, the next morning a nurse came in and asked if I'd like a massage.  Well of course I would!  I was excited and couldn’t wait, but then was disappointed when all she did was run her hands over my body a few inches above my skin without touching me at all.  I was perplexed and had never known of such a thing.  I asked her what she was doing and why she wasn’t touching me.  She explained that this was how she did it, as this wasn't technically a body massage but more of a well-being treatment.  At the time I had no idea what she was talking about and felt I didn't get anything out of it.  Plus, she only did it a few minutes, not even long enough for me to relax.  I kept thinking "she shouldn't call it a massage if she isn't going to touch me."

So anyway, about the energy ball I was playing with while contemplating how I could teach myself and learn to become a person who can genuinely share healing...  I say "share" because I don't want to label myself a healer, although that is exactly what I'd like to be able to do, give healing...whether it is physical or nonphysical.  But I believe as some of you have been saying, we all have this ability if we choose to recognize it and share it....  Anyway, I began to realize that any technique one uses is simply a process of centering their focus of attention and intention, but it is the intention that is what's important.  That frame of mind that zeros in on the purity of your desire.  That state that Bruce calls Pure Doubtless Intent. 

So what is "reball"?  I have heard that before and still am not sure what this is, or I do not remember.  Please explain it. 

And Lucy, I do believe your relaxed state you describe was a Focus 10 level of consciousness.  Especially the way you describe the feeling in your hands.  I recognize that as the way I'd describe some of my own feelings during pre-OBE and OBE states. 

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #17 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 1:39pm

I, too, have run into a number grandiose personalities in the Reiki field, but I didn't come across them until after I was trained in it. Of course I find these people in all realms of this subject matter. It's not just the taking of money, though, some people just have this air about them that they know more and thus condescend to us who are questioning in our ways.

I never took a dime for Reiki and could not see the point in it because it was a part of the massage I was already giving...I'm not sure I would be terribly effective at it if I weren't doing the massage with it...but I usually got paid for the massage. Perhaps there's no difference I don't know. But if I hadn't gotten paid for the massages food would have been pretty scarce for my family at the time.

I remember when I first got attuned to Reiki I picked up a hitchhiker who later became a good friend. He had been to the dentist and now had an infected abscess. Eager to try out my Reiki on this condition that had plagued him for two weeks I did about 10 minutes of Reiki on his jaw and he said he felt better and within two days the infection was completely cleared. Of course it wasn't me who did it and so we are taught that we are merely a channel for healing. In my experience the incorporation of the symbols in later classes did increase my awareness more.

Learning Reiki was very enjoyable for me, but like I say, some of the "better than thous" that had their "mastership" gave me the willies. But hey, they are everywhere. Unfortunately I found it difficult to not shut down around them. I don't like that feeling much.

IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #18 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 3:05pm

Vicky wrote on Jan 22nd, 2009 at 1:27pm:
I know I didn't invent that energy ball thing, but I really haven't heard anyone talk about it.  Is this typically a thing they teach with Reiki or other healing techniques?   It is something I have always played with just for fun, and like you mentioned with the magnets Lucy, it does feel like two magnet ends repelling each other.  

So recently I was playing with it while simultaneously mulling over "how can I teach myself how to administer healing?  What technique can I come up with to utilize what I believe I can do?"  

So anyway, about the energy ball I was playing with while contemplating how I could teach myself and learn to become a person who can genuinely share healing...  I say "share" because I don't want to label myself a healer, although that is exactly what I'd like to be able to do, give healing...whether it is physical or nonphysical.  But I believe as some of you have been saying, we all have this ability if we choose to recognize it and share it....  Anyway, I began to realize that any technique one uses is simply a process of centering their focus of attention and intention, but it is the intention that is what's important.  That frame of mind that zeros in on the purity of your desire.  That state that Bruce calls Pure Doubtless Intent.  

So what is "reball"?  I have heard that before and still am not sure what this is, or I do not remember.  Please explain it.  
Vicky

Vicky; very good points you made..Smiley ,mother and child.

Regarding Energy Ball; not sure if it's taught in Reiki; i can't honestly say, don't remember it being taught in Reiki. I remember she ask if my hand were warm/tingling etc after she finish the course which they were then; they do get warm when sending/doing healing.

Like you I've been playing with the energies in my hand since a younger age, noticing how sometimes warm/red little dots would appears on the inside of my hand and felt good about it but did not know what i was doing then..Smiley

About this part:   (So recently I was playing with it while simultaneously mulling over "how can I teach myself how to administer healing?  What technique can I come up with to utilize what I believe I can do?)

it's related to Rebal (Bruce version)and can be apply to expand/retract/move to your hand. Hope it help and may help others here too..give it a try and see for yourself, it did help me..from my note here it is: and you already know part of this exercise..Smiley

To enhance the effect of the energy which is coming your way, you might try one of Bruce Moen's exercises, a variation of forming a "Reball". It has never failed to calm me, and perhaps this exercise will be of some comfort to you, too. If you are not feeling well, I would recommend it at least twice a day, (morning and evening), and more often, if you start feeling anxious.

1. Take several ( 3 - 6) relaxing breaths to settle down.
2. Take another several (3 - 6) breaths while drawing clean, clear, bright, sparkling energy up from a limitless pool, through the soles of one's feet, feeling some of it continue on up through the crown of our head, with some portion swirling around and down the outside, to join the flow moving up again.
3. When one has this energy in place: Keep it going, and add to it by visualizing a huge pool of clean, clear, bright, sparkling energy above us. Take several deep relaxing breaths (3 - 6), with a flow down over and through us, continuing out through the soles of one's feet, repeating the image of having some of it curling up and around, to rejoin the flow downward through the crown of our heads.
4. Keep the dual flows going. Now, remember the feeling of either giving or receiving Love. (We can remember more than one specific memory - we are trying to generate a feeling in our bodies, which has the emotional reaction of giving or receiving love, for a period of several minutes. If one memory dulls a bit, bring in another on top of the last one.)

The energy of Love, Bruce says, is different from the energy of Fear. Love opens perceptions of awareness automatically.

Bruce mentioned that if people in our group did only one thing from the workshop, it should be this: Take 5 minutes each day, relax into the flows of energy, like the exercise above, and remember feelings of either giving or receiving love.

Love and Fear cannot co-exist, so bringing in feelings of how one feels when either giving or receiving love moves us out of a fear emotion into a more open level of awareness.

As an aside, you might also contemplate what I call my "three knowns":

1. We are more than our physical bodies.
2. We are never alone.
3. We are such powerful, spiritual beings, that nothing can happen to us, without the permission of our higher self.

With the above in mind, you might perhaps throw a question out to your Higher Self: "What is the lesson for me to learn, by going through this experience.?"

Be well, and know that you have friends who wish you nothing but the best.

PUL Romain

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #19 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 3:43pm

Romain wrote on Jan 22nd, 2009 at 3:05pm:

With the above in mind, you might perhaps throw a question out to your Higher Self: "What is the lesson for me to learn, by going through this experience.?"

Thanks Romain--I like this suggestion.  Seems like just what I need at this time in my life. 

Smiley

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #20 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 5:11pm

I believe that as Vicky says, intent means a lot when it comes to healing. It is also a matter of how much love you can share.

One evening I watched a television show about a healer. He'd go into a trance and used his hands to interact with a person's energetic system (perhaps). He has things set up so he makes lots of money. I wondered about his way of healing. After going to sleep that night I had a lucid dream where I lay in a beach chair by the Mediterranean Sea on the coast of Southern Spain. All kinds of fantastic activity took place wthin the sea. Next I experienced myself at the front of an outside cafe applying healing to the people who dined at the cafe, in a manner that was similar to the manner the healer from the television show made use of. The patrons of the cafe didn't appreciate that I did so. I woke up and received the message: "Don't degrade yourself."

I have received other messages about being able to heal, and about how I was engaged with a lot of spirit activity while in Spain during July of 2006. I believe Spain was pointed to, because it was while I was in Spain that I first became aware of how I help with retrievels through energetic means other than the method Bruce Moen advocates.

When I send healing energy to a person I feel my heart chakra open until it is wider than a beach ball. I can feel a lot of energy leave my heart chakra. I figure the energy knows what to do without my directing it. Perhaps a higher level being directs it.

Therefore, I believe it is more about directing love with positive intent, than applying a technique that uses some form of subtle energy.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #21 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 5:38pm

recoverer wrote on Jan 22nd, 2009 at 5:11pm:
I have received other messages about being able to heal, and about how I was engaged with a lot of spirit activity while in Spain during July of 2006. I believe Spain was pointed to, because it was while I was in Spain that I first became aware of how I help with retrievels through energetic means other than the method Bruce Moen advocates.

When I send healing energy to a person I feel my heart chakra open until it is wider than a beach ball. I can feel a lot of energy leave my heart chakra. I figure the energy knows what to do without my directing it. Perhaps a higher level being directs it.

Therefore, I believe it is more about directing love with positive intent, than applying a technique that uses some form of subtle energy.

What spirit activity did you notice in Spain?  What made you aware of your ability to help with retrievals through energetic means?  Do you ever receive memory of these retrievals?

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #22 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 6:23pm

Vicky:

Initially I did retrievels in the way Bruce Moen teaches. Partly because of awakened kundalini my energy would be real active on a regular basis. I'd see spirits appearing on a regular basis as points of light. I'd feel their energy around me. Occasionally I would hear a voice. I figured they were just checking out my energy.

When I was in Spain during the summer of 2006, I stayed at an apartment at the top of a hill by Costa Del Sol. One night as I got ready for bed, I saw a life size image of actress Jennifer Love Hewitt. I didn't understand why. I went to bed and closed my eyes, and saw a bunch of people walking hand in hand up the different roads that led up the hill to where I was. I realized what the Jennifer Love Hewitt image meant. On her show Ghost Whisperer she helps spirits cross over. The spirits I saw walking up the hill were using my energetic connection to the light to find the light.

The above enabled me to understand another experience I had one evening while meditating. While my eyes were closed, I saw a very clear life size image of a lady walk up to me. I could see every detail of her face. I thought she was going to look at me with eye to eye contact, but then as if she couldn't see me, she pointed up to the sky behind me, and excitedly told other people what she saw.

Since receiving the messages in Spain, I've received a number of confirmations on how I help out with retrievals. I now understand why I experience so much spirit activity, and why my energy is so alive much of the time. I often feel a very alive current of energy running through me, including now. It is good that I finally found out, because I was becoming concerned.

I also help spirits get cleansed. They are attracted to me and then run through my energetic system so they can be cleansed before they move on to wherever they move on to. I can sometimes hear and feel them in my lower chakra areas. This is hard to explain, because when you become aware of activity within your chakras, it is as if there are realms within them, just as there is a World outside of a person's body. Sometimes it can be quite intense as this cleansing process goes on. The energy will rise from my lower chakras and push with a lot of force towards my crown chakra. Sometimes it is as if I'm in some sort of energy bubble.

The above has happened numerous times, and I now know it is safe to help out in such a way. Initially I relied in my faith in my energetic connection to Christ as this took place. I figured his spirit would look out for me and wouldn't get me involved with anything I wasn't ready for.

At times spirits who have attached to people are dealt with in this way. They are attracted to me, and then they go through a cleansing process before moving on.

When a spirit with a negative mindset is run through me, I can feel the negative energy that is released as the cleansing process takes place. Occasionally I'll be shown the image of a spirit who is helped before it is helped. For example, on one occasion, I first experienced my self communicating with a lady who was into some form of nihilism. I did so without seeing her. Next, I was shown her image and I felt a really dark feeling. The strength of this feeling stunned me. Her way of thinking led to an absence of light within her and made it difficult for her to see the light. Next her spirit was run through my energetic system as explained above. Sometimes I'll get a simple message such as: "A girl who committed suicide.

The advantage of helping with retrievals in the above way, is that I can help out around the clock without having to be consciously involved.  Going by the messages I have received, a lot of retrieval help is needed. For example, at the beginning of a meditation I'll tell the spirits I work with that if they need me to stop meditating for the sake of retrievals, please let me know. Sometimes they'll show an image that makes the point that I need to stop meditating. Sometimes they'll proceed without telling me, and I'll notice that my meditation changes accordingly, and reflects whatever realm needs to be worked in.

If a person wants to help out in the above way, he (or she) has to be willing to go through a lot of energetic work, let go of the psychological limitations that interfere with energetic work, maintain a healthy life style, and become very confident that he is working with light beings he trusts, so he can handle the intense periods with a peaceful state of mind.

Vicky wrote on Jan 22nd, 2009 at 5:38pm:
recoverer wrote on Jan 22nd, 2009 at 5:11pm:

What spirit activity did you notice in Spain?  What made you aware of your ability to help with retrievals through energetic means?  Do you ever receive memory of these retrievals?

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #23 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 6:56pm

Thanks for the long explanation.  Have you ever asked for another way to experience or help out with this stuff?  It sounds complicated and intrusive and not something I think I would enjoy!  You sound like you're ok with it and accept it the way it is.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #24 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 7:22pm

You're welcome Vicky:

I feel very fortunate to be able to help out in this way. If anything, it has helped me see that I don't have anything to be afraid of. Regarding intrusiveness, whatever negative energy results gets cleansed as the energy pushes towards my crown.

Vicky wrote on Jan 22nd, 2009 at 6:56pm:
Thanks for the long explanation.  Have you ever asked for another way to experience or help out with this stuff?  It sounds complicated and intrusive and not something I think I would enjoy!  You sound like you're ok with it and accept it the way it is.  

« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2009 at 8:49pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 11:56pm

Hi there Romaine.  Not that surprised that some others have had similar intuitions/experiences along this line.  I'm glad you listened to your inner voice.

Vicky, i really enjoyed your last, longer post.  I do believe the emphasis should be more on intention, motivation, PUL attunement, etc. but there are times when technique does have its place.  Occasionally i will intend certain color vibratory energies because i sense those particular frequencies are more needed than others, for example.  Sometimes when doing hands on healing, it is better to do clockwise rotation with the hand or hands, and then do the other way, or switching it up within a single session...

Speaking of healing in a more broad sense, i've come to believe both by experience, intuition, and studying a vast psychic work that dealt a lot with healing--that when it comes to healing the body physical, its not always best to approach it mostly from the energetic or even emotional level. 

Sometimes, because of the law of resonation, sometimes physical ailments are primarily due to physical causes, and if those are corrected on the physical level this can bring much more healing than say an energetic healing like Reiki or what not. 

Often there is a balance, and a multi, holistic approach that needs to be taken for a more full healing, which involves the spiritual/energetic, emotional-mental, and physical all at the same time.   Occasionally, just the former would be more of a help.  It really depends on the individual person and case. 

Sometimes I get the sense that too many people in the new age kind of scene are too quick to want to try to heal things energetically without enough attention to the physical aspects.   This is kind of a continuation of what i call the American/Western fast food attitude and approach, "i want it now and i want it quick!"   

Sure that can happen if enough conditions are met and aligned properly, and if there aren't some major physical issues going on, like spinal nerve impingement, super over acidity, etc., but often it is almost a necessity that the body physical be brought into a greater balance via physical means, i.e. better diet, exercise, detoxing, chiropractic work, and the like. 

Prayer, meditation, energetic work, and the like WILL always help if it is meant to from a deeper spiritual reasoning, and as i said oft times its best to approach healing from a holistic perspective.   Sometimes I ask for healing help from guidance while in meditation thinking that I'm going to get mostly energetic work or what not, and find out later that I got diet or lifestyle suggestions instead.  The problem is, that a lot of people are set in their habits, and its easy to ignore something that actually requires some deeper self discipline along those lines. 

Robert Monroe and Edgar Cayce are great examples of this lack of applied discipline; both were given dietary and lifestyle advice from those who knew better than they what would really help, both often chose to ignore it and be stubborn and set in their unhealthy ways.   Both could have lived much longer than they actually did and thus could have kept being of holistic service to others (and their help along those lines was greatly needed in this world), which is in the manner of Yeshua himself.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #26 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 10:29am

That fast food approach you mention is a very good point, Justin. That can be very frustrating and also the people who are just the opposite. The ones who want you to beat them to a pulp because they think that's the only way to get something out of a massage. I just wanted to say that those points you brought up in your last post were excellent and a good reminder to me about what it's all about.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #27 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 12:08pm

Quote:
 Speaking of healing in a more broad sense, i've come to believe both by experience, intuition, and studying a vast psychic work that dealt a lot with healing--that when it comes to healing the body physical, its not always best to approach it mostly from the energetic or even emotional level.  

Sometimes, because of the law of resonation, sometimes physical ailments are primarily due to physical causes, and if those are corrected on the physical level this can bring much more healing than say an energetic healing like Reiki or what not.  

Hi Justin,

I completely agree with you.  This is why, in my opinion, the best attitude to have while doing nonphysical healing is that it will be guided to where it needs to be and where it can do the most good, even if you are not aware of what that may be.  I also think that even if our intention is to "magically" heal a physical ailment, that intention cannot override the higher cause and that cause might be that that physical ailment isn't meant to be healed quickly through nonphysical means but instead needs to linger until the person learns to alter their lifestyle, etc. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #28 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 1:25pm

As Justin, I also like the post Vicky wrote. So much so, I printed it out so I can share it with my girlfriend this weekend. I believe my girlfriend will like it. I hope Vicky doesn't mind.
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2009 at 8:51pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 1:31pm

Thank you Beau for the support. 

I totally agree Vicky, sometimes the alleviation of dis-ease or disease is not what's spiritually best for a person, for there can be important lessons and tests that go along with that.  As well as balancing karma.  Interestingly it seems that disease seems to be one of the more common ways to balance rather difficult karma.

I know that some of the physical dis-ease issues that I have had, have been partly karmic in nature.  Mostly because I mistreated my temple in another life wherein i knew better, and would have served others better had i treated it with more respect.  When that self phased more completely into the nonphysical, it realized more fully this truth and wanted to rectify and balance that issue.  Course our Disk decided to do that through me, how lucky I am. Roll Eyes Cheesy

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #30 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 1:53pm

I have been to the reiki place again (it is actually a bookstore of sorts)a couple of times and continue to experience things. How is it that I can sense things I think are going on in my ...non-phyisical body through my physical body?Or maybe I am not and I just don't know the difference.

There are quite a few practitioners there and I don't know one from the other. Each one is unique. I don't yet kow how to tell if the effects I feel relate to that particular practitioner but I would not be surprised if they do. I feel very tolerant of the differences between folks and have decided that even if I think I get a strong result with one particular person, I still want to be randomly assigned to someone when I call for an appointment. These folks volunteer their time and they all take this very seriously. Sometime when I know some of them better, maybe I will ask why they continue to do this for free (esp when it is way below freezing outside and the roads are a mess).

One night the weather cancelled us and one night I had to work (they only do this on Tuesday nights and a little on Thursday midday) so I only went 2X this month.

The first time this month, I again felt sensations where no hands were. I particularly feel this around my feet and ankles, but one of the reasons I went is that I have a problem with one of my ankles. I could feel something in the area above that ankle even though the person wasn't touching me there. The person seemed open to giving me feedback afterwards. I think she wanted my feedback. She started out saying that she is a highly visual person and that she sees helpers with her when she is doing this work.  In her view (literally!), the sensations are caused by helpers and healers being there with her. She had physically touched my heart area  (all the practitioners seem to touch the head area but where else they touch seems to follow their ...intuition). So around the head and heart area she was helped by the Christ  with putting in a lot of love. That was interesting to me because I had been thinking of a love (PUL not romantic!) issue earlier. Then she said Michael was there. yeah the archangel. She went on to explain that Michael can be many places at once and so shows up in many places. That doesn't bother me because I always think back to the chapter in RAM's first book. I think it is called "Not with a wand, nor lightly" in which he discusses the idea that what we "see" depends on our personal belief system. Hey I can deal with that; I can sometimes translate someone else's images into my own belief system and find no conflict. After all, she said she was very visual. I pressed her further and she said sometimes animal shaped helpers come and there had been a bear there. Not sure what that means to her. But I was interested and besides I felt nice.

This past Tuesday I was determined to make it, there having had an exhausting weekend and missed the prior week.

(Just an aside about the weekend. My son is a wrestler..not the kind on TV! but a folkstyle competitor. This is the end of the season. Think championships. So off we went. It is two full days of wrestling. I have a strong kinesthetic sense so for me it is two days of hell. I spend two days hyperventilating. This is not my cup of tea...but it is my kid's. Sigh. So, you go and have a very tense 6 or 7 minutes and then you sit around and wait for the next match. The first day all the teammates are competing too. The second day there is more space between matches because some kids get eliminated. It is a rollercoaster. I spend alot of time doing breathing exercises to calm down. I try to use it as a space for personal growth in detachment, and I am failing miserably! 50 years from now, who cares? but right now... it is hard to detach. By the end of the second day, if I'm not fulling oxygenated, I never will be. But I wanted some reiki stuff!)

So I made the appointment and they called back and left a message that got cut off, so I called them and they had almost cancelled me because the person couldn't come but they reassigned me to Joan. I always wonder why these things happen. I ran an errand on the way and tookk a wrong turn in my shortcut to get there and so arrived a little late. Joan was waiting. I think they get really disappointed when their appointment doesn't show up. So you go in the reiki room where they set the tables up and have the lights low and it is very quiet. I was still mentally rushing to get there and had trouble letting go; I tell myself "be here now" when I do that and it helps slow my mind down a little. I sat on the tab;e and ;lay down and immediately felt parts of what I've been calling my energy body.Right after I lay down, I felt like my energy body was rolling a little head to foot, just as your body might if you were floating in the ocean by the beach and the waves rocked you around a bit. Wow! I thought it was fun and just tried to enjoy it. That faded but the sensations in my hands and feet/ankles continued. My hands felt like they were resting on some kind of balloons and I couldn't feel anything else. This is what I thought John Lilly's isolation chamber might feel like when I read about it, except this is just my hands.  Maybe they felt like they were wrapped loosely in something that blocked sensation of touch and were floating on balloons.  I felt the energy in my feet/ankles extended up my legs a little and wasn't as strong but it was there. She started out at my head (they all do) and touched the third eye region. The sensation that caused made me remember that I used to conciously be able to focus on that region when I had a headache and make the headache diminish. I don't find it so easy to do that on my own now, but now I remember the sensation and maybe I can make it work again. My head didn't really feel good at first but it didn't hurt either, just felt tight when she did whatever. She moved around a little but I couldn't tell where she was unless I peeked. I could feel her at my feer and that sort fo diminished the ensations but we were almost done then anyway. I didn't want to give up the hand sensations but it was time to go.

So I asked her for feedback and she said her first impression was that I was intelligent (I take that to mean oriented toward the mental) and spent a lot of time in my head. That I am in my head all the time. She was hinting there might be other ways to experience the world. Was she ever right about my being in my head! Mea culpa! 24/7! My poor son inherited that from me and he says one of his wresting "problems" is that he spends too much time in his head (so he worries about losing too much if he thinks about wrestling).  He talks about this whenevr I try to bring it up (so quit talking about wrestling, mom, that's what I have a coach for). Maybe I should send him to her! Certainly some of my aforementioned hyperventialation comes from being in my head!

I asked her how she perceived this and she said it just came to her. I mentioned the visual lady and she nodded and said yes some people see helpers but things just come to her. I said but I am also very emotional sometimes, and she said but you still experience it in your head. I have to think about what it means to experience in your emotions then, because I think she is on to something but I am not sure what it is. My experience of life is mental and so some others must have an emotional experience of life, which is very different from saying yes I get strongly emotional at times. Anyone have any insight on this? It makes sense to me that these differences exist because this would exlain why I have trouble communicating or understanding certain things. Sometimes I think there is some basic difference between my experience of C1 reality and someone else's, and this would give me a handle on to what it might be. But I don't understand it.

I mentioned to her the part about sometimes feeling like there were 4 hands on me instead of 2, and she said others often say the same thing. That is loosely attributed to guides. What was nice was to hear reports of multiple hands from others.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #31 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 5:28pm

Dear Lucy,

what a wonderful post!
I've never read your posts when you told how much you FEEL or how much you noticed others FEEL--in either sense of feel, physical or emotional, and regarding emotional , both your own and your empathy for others!
Do you think you had a breakthrough during your session?  Are you sensing life differently now?

Also I never realized before how much Reiki experiences are so like OB experiences!

Thank you for explaining so well!

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #32 - Mar 1st, 2009 at 3:43am

Thanks for the comments Bets.

I am very emotional and very kinesthetic and wonder if there isn't something else here.

I used to have that qupte from someone named Horace Walpole on my frig decades ago:

Life is a comedy to those who think; a tragedy to those who feel.

yeah the OBE connection, that's why I keep referring to feeling things in my energy body. Maybe reiki acts through the energy body? But how else would it act?

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #33 - Mar 1st, 2009 at 11:36am

Hi,

Some charts call the subtle body nearest the physical the energy body or vital -(?)- . Some others say the astral body or the emotional body is the closest to the physical.
However some say those subtle body labels are just labels, that they stand for ranges of energy vibration that overlap.
So  (To Anyone, not just Lucy),
considering your experiences with reiki, how do you sense/ experience the energy levels/subtle bodies?

Bets

The most successful OBEs I've had seemed to have a pause or changing gears between phases when speed or vibration changed and sensed body-shape changed. If there was much overlap of energies or combined/blended vibratory levels, I don't know what the pause would be for, unless I just  expected it to happen because of thinking of different bodies.  ??

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #34 - Mar 2nd, 2009 at 10:21pm

Lucy wrote on Mar 1st, 2009 at 3:43am:
I am very emotional and very kinesthetic and wonder if there isn't something else here.

Life is a comedy to those who think; a tragedy to those who feel.

yeah the OBE connection, that's why I keep referring to feeling things in my energy body. Maybe reiki acts through the energy body? But how else would it act?

Hi Lucy;
Very interesting read. Thanks for sharing... Smiley

IMPO if this may help.

It seems that with the intense energies we have been facing,..(ascension)  the tendency has been to shut down our hearts as a protective, shielding defence mechanism.
Many of us have been dealing with challenges on one level or another don’t we all. We tend to go inward as in Reiki healing; when we are not sure how to cope with the stress and anxiety of what is occurring to us. The further we distance ourselves the more alienated and removed we become from each other and ourselves.

These trying times are in essence an opportunity to face, deal with and resolve our core issues. We are working on many healing, balancing, clearing and re-evaluating issues all at once. We are dealing with issues on the physical level, such as career, finances, relationships, property, and health etc...
So on an emotional level we are resolving feelings, which prevented us from moving forward in our lives. Mentally we are clearing blocks from belief systems that have held us in limitation and need to be re-patterned not an easy task I may say. Lips Sealed

As we work on so many levels at once sometimes it leave us depleted, exhausted, and also confused. So much of what we knew to be true has been cleared. This is not a bad thing at all. What is leaving really never served us in the first place. The part we may cling to is not knowing what will fill the missing places and spaces. If we can sit tight a while longer and just be okay with the emptiness and trust all will be resolved.
I think we become anxiety ridden and fearful when we are jumping into the void and really cannot pinpoint what is to come (physical/astral/energie/emotional bodies??.
We like to believe we are in control of our lives and our destiny. In some ways we are and in other ways Spirit is guiding us, along with our higher selves. Now is a time to trust unwaveringly and just be at peace with not knowing.
Let Guidance Guide you...and it will never hurt you;because it's you.!!

with love
R.

« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2009 at 1:19pm by Romain »  

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #35 - Jun 30th, 2009 at 11:40am

I was reading at the link OutOfBody Dude posted on a different forum and realized there was material on the energy body there also. I am posting a link to it here as it seems related.

http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/beginners/index.html

Starts here and has other links.

I have continued with the reiki and it continues ot be interesting. I seem to "interact" better with some than with others, but get something good and interesting through each and all. For instance, recently, I "tried out" a new (for me) person. I thought her hands were really hot; some practitioner's hands get really warm during the process. But when I mentioned to her how her hands felt hot (and the room was a little over-warm to boot) she said, no they weren't. So I touched them. No, they weren't! It was the energy I had felt. Another woman who looks like such a nice (young) grandma and kind of quiet (her name is Shirley) always seems to get the energy moving in my ankles. I swear she has four hands, and two stay on my ankles. If I keep my eyes shut, I would swear there are two sets of hands on me. I only mentioned the grandma part because I don't think of grandmas as so powerful, but I think she is in some ways.

I enjoyed reading others' comments again when I came to post the link. Thanks for your thoughts and comments.

Yeah Romain, clearing blocks to moving forward. Louise Hay's book has something that connects body parts to specific blocks. I haven't found my copy but I think the ankles are related to blocks to moving forward. Either ankles or knees. I have some minor problems in my ankles. So this moving forward concept is a good thing fo rme to work on.

IP Logged

Ally

Reply #36 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 3:48am

Hello, Lucy.

I am new here, and relatively new to Hemi Sync and afterlife experience, but I have known a thing or two about Reiki, or as I like to call it, Chigong, or Qigong, which is the Chinese term for the same energy use.

Yeah, you have to be careful to choose people with good, loving intentions to use it on you, because so many people practice it for the wrong reasons, or even for combat!

I have never 'formally' practiced it, or went to classes for it. I learned what I know about it solely from someone I met teaching me firsthand, and afterwards, I started practicing on my own, fairly often. I learned about Reiki before I learned about Robert Monroe or Edgar Cayce material. I'm glad I know about both, because I think both the spiritual, and this physical, mental, emotional force can be utilized and combined, I believe! Smiley

I do believe it is true that if you want to use Reiki for healing, you need to already have a good loving heart, open to PUL energy, and at least aware of your capacity to love and truly reach out and give to people. Plus, you have to be confident that it works and is real. You have to believe in it in order to be the most effective.

I have tried healing other people with my Reiki energy, and back when I first started practicing and using it, I tried healing physical pain in other people. It actually worked!  But, the problem was that it was temporary. Within an hour or so, whatever pain the person had that I relieved would return. I did that for someone that had a bad toothache. I completely got rid of their pain! But, within the next 15 or 20 minutes, the pain came back. My intention was probably incorrect, at the time. Tongue I should have been thinking about just healing in general, and not just healing pain. And I think I needed more confidence, and PUL energy. The very last time I did that was for someone who had a sprained and swollen ankle. Once again, my treatment worked, actually eliminated the pain, but it didn't last. Tongue

I have even healed pain in myself, as well. I had some severe period cramps one morning, before I had to go to work, and I knew that I wouldn't make it through the day in that kind of pain, but I had no medication with me to take. So, the only thing I had was Reiki, and I focused very hard, pushing the energy through my palms into my abdomen where the pain was, thinking only about healing the pain. And, within the next ten minutes, the soothing heat and energy I was generating caused the pain to melt away entirely, and it did not return!

I healed myself again, one time when I got severe food poisoning, and was rendered to the bed, feverish, and nauseous, aching very badly. I finally decided I had had enough suffering, and placed one of my hands on my forehead and the other on my belly, and did the same thing, pushing the energy through my palms into my body, focusing on relieving the suffering. Then, I felt a thought tell me that I would need to throw up. I didn't want to, but I said I would if that was what needed to be done. Finally, I felt the feeling that my body was ready to purge, and I, fully in control, got out of bed, and went to the bathroom to throw up. I needed to encourage it a bit with a finger in the back of my throat, but otherwise, finished up with ease. The pain I had been in was relieved, and finally made it possible to go to sleep. I had been in too much pain to sleep, beforehand!

When I practice Reiki, in general, I start by concentrating on the idea of the energy in the first place, and then the sensation of it. By doing this, I can, at will, cause the sensation of the energy to begin manifesting. I prefer to manifest it in my arms and hands, and focus it in there. First, I feel a 'pressure', like a tension, as if a gentle electric current had been tapped into my arms and hands. This is, after all something in the body called 'bioelectricity'. So it is the body's natural electric current. I then focus on that 'pressure' and think about intensifying it, and it begins to surge harder, and I usually focus it into the palms of my hands, where everyone's 'energy ball' is supposed to be. The palms of the hands are actually bioelectric energy channels, as well as the soles of the feet, and the top of the head. When the surge intensifies, I begin to get tingling sensations on my skin, and the hairs on my arms and hands. That tingling is actual static electricity accumulating from using the Reiki. If you focus it hard enough, you will notice the hairs on your wrists and hands will stand up straight, and a few on your arms. And, of course, heat and pressure begins generating from the palms of your hands. I have noticed that when you 'push' your energy onto one point of the body for a little while, and then remove it, the warm energy leaves a 'cool' feeling, once it is removed. This sensation of 'coolness' is something I have only felt from using Reiki. Even a twitching, pulsing sensation comes when you push energy out of your palms and onto someone else to heal them. When you intend to heal someone with this energy, you must think about pushing it 'into' their body, not just over it. It is more effective that way. And, muster as much pure, loving energy as you can. Be generous. Think about giving. Giving in order to help. Giving love. Just give.

I have been reading in a book about Chinese Qigong (Reiki) Meditation, that you can use this energy to reach 'enightenment', or connect with the spiritual. So, I think Reiki is like a tool to use to bond and become close to the spirit, and spiritual world. If you always have the right intentions, then the more you use it, the closer you will get. I believe this is what people used to reach the kind of altered, heightened states of consciousness that you can reach with Hemi Sync, now. But, without any outside aids; only yourself.

I read that if you focus your energy into your abdominal area, which acts like a 'battery' for energy, store up enough, and then move it up towards the middle of the forehead, or the 'third eye' you can begin opening the third eye up, which will bond you ever closer to the spirit world. I find Reiki, or Qigong quite fascinating, from my experiences. And, I think that practicing it, along with Hemi Sync, and learning more about the spiritual world will be a great boost for me.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, folks. Smiley
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2009 at 6:50pm by Ally »  

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #37 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 1:06am

I'm thinking about the points made that healing is a natural thing for us to do. So is a reiki "master" really necesary? Probably not, but we seem to pass things on better when we learn them from someone else. It is probably artificial to make distinctions between enerfy experiences . Still, formalizing it seems to help in the teaching. Can you teach reiki to yourself? Is there really something particular passed on by a master?

I'm not sure. Of course, if we create our reality, surely we should be able to heal ourselves. Or if healing is the natural state of the body, surely if we just get out of the way it will happen. But it doesn't always happen on its own.

And then there is the synergism of more than one person being involved. It feels different when someone else does it than when I try to do it to myself. (Yeah OK go ahead and say it: so does sex!) Why? Why should it matter? Why is there a tradition of laying on of hands? (I'm thinking of some Christian rituals as well as of reiki). Why do you need that if it is intrinsic? Does it really do anything?

IP Logged

Ally

Reply #38 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 2:16am

Lucy wrote on Sep 9th, 2009 at 1:06am:
I'm thinking about the points made that healing is a natural thing for us to do. So is a reiki "master" really necesary? Probably not, but we seem to pass things on better when we learn them from someone else. It is probably artificial to make distinctions between enerfy experiences . Still, formalizing it seems to help in the teaching. Can you teach reiki to yourself? Is there really something particular passed on by a master?

I'm not sure. Of course, if we create our reality, surely we should be able to heal ourselves. Or if healing is the natural state of the body, surely if we just get out of the way it will happen. But it doesn't always happen on its own.

And then there is the synergism of more than one person being involved. It feels different when someone else does it than when I try to do it to myself. (Yeah OK go ahead and say it: so does sex!) Why? Why should it matter? Why is there a tradition of laying on of hands? (I'm thinking of some Christian rituals as well as of reiki). Why do you need that if it is intrinsic? Does it really do anything?

I don't think a 'reiki master' is necessary, personally. I don't think you should even consider yourself one unless you are highly practiced in it and have much experience in healing people, but honestly, I think you can teach yourself. Perhaps with enough belief, you wouldn't need anyone else's help at all! Smiley

I was shown it by someone else, but at the time, I had no idea what it was, and I took up the practice of it on my own from then on. So I am mostly self-taught. So, yes, in my opinion, from my experience, reiki can be self-taught. I'm sure you noted what I was able to accomplish, not only for others, but for myself. Wink Thank you for finally reading it!

I don't really know if there is anything in particular that only a 'master' can pass on. Even if there is, I still don't think it is necessary. What I learned how to do didn't require a master to initiate me. I do believe that healing is an inherent natural state present in everyone, but the only differences is in belief. If you don't believe you can heal, then you won't be able to, or will have a lot of difficulty. It's as simple as that! All you have to do is change your belief system from an "I can't" attitude to an "I can" one. Smiley

Intent is an important factor. That is why things don't tend to happen 'on their own'. Usually, setting some kind of intent is always key. Because whether we know it or not, we are constantly setting intentions. Sometimes the reasons why something didn't work out or happen 'on it's own' was because we already had a pessimistic intention set on it, and placed more belief and energy into that belief than in the one wishing for a healing. You have to watch out for those things. Nothing ever 'not works out' without a reason.

I think the reason why things tend to work 'better' when more than one person is involved is that you are more likely to believe in someone else's ability than you are in your own. Plus the combination of two or more energies Does act as an amplifier of some kind. So in a sense, I do think it works better with combined energies from many people, but, it doesn't have to be the best way or the only one. In other words, it isn't necessary, either. Again, it all boils down to belief. Usually, the more times you prove to yourself that you are capable of something, the more you believe in it. That's how I healed myself those few times. Because I believed that no one else was going to do it better than I could, myself. Sometimes that little saying about "If you want something done right, you have to do it, yourself." really is a help!  Tongue

On the sex thing, yeah, I can see where it isn't as good when 'done' yourself as opposed to someone else, but I don't think that necessarily applies to healing, also, according to the above. After all, the act of sex was 'designed' for at least two people, not healing. Otherwise we would be asexual, with both organs capable of self-intercourse, and self pregnancy, like plants. Or an alien.  Cheesy

love and light,

Ally  Smiley

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #39 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 10:52am

Hi

Ally it seems you would be in a unique position to compare teaching one's self to working with someone who was trained through the system, particularly someone who came from the Usui training. If you had a chance to work with a reiki master teacher from that tradition, then maybe you could say there is no difference.

If you are anywhere near NH an interesting place to teat that out would be here:

http://learnreiki.org/

As I have continued my little "experiemnt" in "what does reiki feel like" I have found variation in what I experience with different people, but I have not kept a record of this and I have not asked most how they came to practice reiki.

However, I personally believe in something that could be called Learning By Resonance. You can learn a lot by learning out of a book or by practicing on your own, but there is also something to be learned from studying with another person, sometimes something subtle and nonverbal. And this is true for things that look totally intellectual, math and engineering, as well as for other topics. I think you pick up things from an expert by "resonance."

So does reiki refer to the system developed by Usui and others or is it just a generic term for life force? Well you wil get different answers to that depending on whom you ask. Reiki is a synonym for life force but it is also a method.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #40 - Sep 15th, 2009 at 9:43pm

I just got back from the reiki for the week and I thought a little update was in order. Yes I'm still doing this. I decided tonight I didn't understand why we don't teach kids to do this when they are young. Why aren't the sensuous aspects of this talked about more. Or is it just me? I like the way it makes me feel in my body but it didn't always happen this way and it isn't always easy to get there. Like, if you pop a few beers, you know you will probably feel something, but sometimes the reiki feeling is there, sometimes not. Still, when it is, it is worth the effort. I hate to have to get up after a session and sometimes I am a little giddy after. I drink water and "sober up" to drive home. It is, alas, easy to snap out of it so I don't think I am in any danger of being charged with driving under the influence of reiki. Sometimes the feelings remind me of the way it felt, many many many years ago of course, to get stoned and feel the "rush" sensations move up my legs. Actually those sensations can sometimes come from a bit of wine drunk quickly, or from swimming laps in the pool. The tingly warm relaxation is different but as similar as I can get in explanation. Good grief, I hope no one thinks I'm trying to turn the reiki parlor into a den of iniquity!

Anyway, one reason I started doing this back last January was to see what it could do with some foot/ankle issues I have. I had a lump on my ankle that I was pretty sure was a ganglion cyst, but didn't have an official medical word on that. Well, in July it became official: A doc type said it was a ganglion cyst. So I know it was there at the end of July. A couple of weeks ago I was explaining to someone why I was there for reiki, after a very good session btw, and so I went to show her the lump. Well, it was gone. Gonzo. Now, ganglion cysts can disappear on their own. (They can also return on their own but I'm not thinking about that). So it isn't like I went to a reiki session and watched it melt away. I didn't. I know that evening, the ankle and foot were uncomfortable when I got off the table. And then when I looked, it was gone. I just don't know when it actually went away. I really didn't look at it every day any more and I had other things on my mind, other changes going on in my life, in August. Still, I think that is pretty interesting.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #41 - Jan 1st, 2010 at 12:10pm

I continue to visit this place once a week. I change practitioners each week. Every time I think it is beginning to be a stale experience, I then have something that is a little baby step forward. This is very slow work for me: I have trouble accepting that, but it developes very slowly for me.

Last week the practitioner was Shirley, who is a calm and stable presence, a little grandmotherly in a very good way, but usually there is nothing dramatic about the session, just very good relaxation. It was that way again, except I felt her hands vibrate a little at one point, not something that has happened with her before (though I did experience feeling 4 hands instead of 2 with her). I always ask for feedback after. She is not the talkative type, but when I talked with her she did finally ask if I felt it when the table vibrated. That does not usually happen with her.

I don't know what that means, obviously energy was on the move! Progress is slow but steady.

(an aside: in Lewis's work The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe, there is a part where Aslan is coming back and they talk about the snow melting; the comment is made that "Aslan is on the move." That has become symbolic to me of changes coming. So when I wrote the comment above about energy being on the move, I wasn't thinking of Aslan, but I think my subconcious mind was encouraging me).

My sister was here from TN. I dragged her to reiki 2X. She had leukemia and had a bone marrow transplant 9 or so years ago, and has had numerous health problems since then (chemo is toxic!). I have tried to get her interested in alternative stuff from a distance, but I have not been successful. She had been to some kind of group reiki session years ago and thought she knew what reiki is, and didn't care for it (because there is no instant result). I stressed the relaxation aspect of it. After the second session here, I asked her about her experiences. It turns out she had "felt" some energy movement at the second session. It was like a pull out of her middle (solar plexis ) region. She had felt that before when she had tried meditation. I felt that was a successful session.

I'm preaching to the choir here, but there really is some energy movement with this stuff. I wish I could share this experience with more people. I also keep thinking if I could induce these feelings in myself without the practitioner I would be able to do more self healing. I can't seem to do it by myself. I'm frustrated!

One of the practitioners does not "do" reiki but practices something called prahnic healing. The reiki folk gently touch the person, but this person just works in the energy body, no touching. What is interesting to me is that ..I feel it! My eyes are shut but I really feel something. The first time I experienced her form of practice, I had a really bad throat tickle and cough, which ended up lasting weeks. But she found the block I have in the throat area. No instant healing for me; I have to work. (Maryann Williamson wrote about the same thing. Makes me feel better to know that).

This parallels a new development in my life; after two years of being out of work, I found a job Smiley , but it is overnight Sad. Well I worked for 3 months before I went on nights, and I've only been doing that for 2 weeks, but sleep has become a major craving. But this has become an opportunity to observe my conciousness as it struggles to stay awake ...or to fall asleep in the middle of the day, which is hard! Watching myself in the reiki has helped me so that I am able a little to watch myself fall sleep in the day. I think I appraoch a kind of focus 10, which I can now recognize as it happens without waking myself back up. As I said, I am a slow learner. Now if I can just avoid Focus 10 when I am driving home in the morning I will be OK!

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #42 - Jan 1st, 2010 at 7:35pm

Hi Lucy,

Congratulations on the new job --
Definitely tell yourself that you WILL stay alert while driving!

I can agree with touch being healing due to an experience I had in the hospital last week. After a day or more of being stuck with needles too many times, the nurses were unable to get my veins to hold still for another shot, because the veins' dived and rolled.' Shocked
(Cool that consciousness can operate on a part by part basis like that.) 
So finally they got a nurse from another ward who was' a master at giving shots.'  As soon as she touched me my whole system felt peaceful, she quickly gave me the shot, and as she left, what felt like a thin rubbery jello-type sheet of anxiety lifted off me and floated away! I asked her "How did you do that?" but she just smiled.

Let's  hope we can learn more about how reiki and other healing touches work!

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #43 - Jan 1st, 2010 at 10:49pm

Congratulation Lucy and keep up the good work.. Cool

Bet...so please that your're feeling much better, nothing like starting the New-Year healthy. Wink
PUL
R.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #44 - Mar 12th, 2010 at 8:08am

I've continued to go to the sessions because it feels nice and I can't seem to egt to the same level by myself. I continue to switch practitioners, and even switched days, which introduced me to some new practitioners.

I always try to ask for some feedback. Some people are better communicators than others. I don't usually ask for work on a specila body part, more like general tune-up, and then I ask what the person felt. That is often interesting and sometimes gives a personal confirmation that something is going on beyond just the 5 senses.

Sometimes a practitioner reports sensing blocks. It is interesting to me that that is usually in the same area that another person reported a block. Sometimes my mind is going a mile a minute and the practitioners seem to sense that. One person spent the entire session around the head area.

Sometimes even though my eyes are closed and I am not being touched I "feel" something, and when I later ask I get confirmation about it. One time the person was working on the head area. First one eye twitched then stopped, then the other eye. And I felt some kind of "compression" if you will. She explained she had been balancing the head area and had been pulling the energy out and pushing it in.

One time with a young man practitoner I wasn't feeling much but I fell into a deep state. I was tired and was falling asleep but trying to stay awake, so this was probably some focus 10 or focus 12 state. I was having a conversation with someone in this state and I felt like I might just lift out of my body. but I stopped myself because I didn't know the practitioner that well and didn't feel comfortable with that, which was too bad as I don't often get into a state like that. Another time, with a different guy, who gave me extra time, I again was getting pretty much into focus whatever...12. I wonder why that is happening in the reiki situation better than it does with hemi-sync? Although it could be for as simple a reason as that I resist falling sleep better in a place not my home.

Today I decided to try something different. I went to a healing class. It is a system I am not familiar with and I thought they would explain it. Nope, we just did some Qi gong warm-up exercises and then the praactitioners did their thing. I didn't know what they were doing until the clas was over. So when it was my turn to "get" the healing, they asked what I wanted and I tried the approach I used with the reiki people, asking them to do what felt needed, but that is not the way this system works, People tell then what needs to be healed. I was trying to introduce some objectivity for myself, but it doesn't work that way in this system. so I said, how about a tune-up, and they were comfortable with that. Then the person asked if I have any trouble sleeping , and I laughed because she had in my mind intuited a problem after all! I work overnights now and this week some fellow over-nighters have been talking about what they have done or do to keep functional while working overnight. I have alwyas had no problem falling asleep, but I find sleeping large chunks of time in thedaylight hours is sometimes challenging. so they worked on some stuff with sleep and immunity. They used little hammers to tap on plastic dolls but they seemed to know some anatomy. It turned out the "dolls" are used in acupuncture, probably in training, and the little hammers I think are sometimes used instead of needles. But the point was to not touch the person being healed. The concept is to act through the collective subconcious to effect the healing. Hey it certainly didn't hurt to have those hammers hit the dolls in the body places chosen for me.

So when they asked how I felt I didn't know what to say. I didn't feel anything in particular but they were so nice I didn't want to disappoint them. When I got home and had to nap, that's when I felt the energy. I felt similar to the way I feel from the reiki and it lasted a while. When I lay down to nap I really felt the energy. I would go back with a specific problem anytime. 

This sytem is called Tong Ren and here are links to more information:

Main site
http://www.tomtam.com/

Simple explanation
http://www.tomtam.com/guinea_pig_pamphlet_english.pdf

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #45 - Jun 18th, 2010 at 1:25am

Part 1:

I took someone else to a Tong Ren session. During the session, the practitioners go around the room and ask each individual in turn what they would like to have worked on. Then they do their acupuncture-at-a-distance thing with the models. Of course, it is fun to be the center of attention! I did feel ...something ..but it was subtle. My companion reported to me that he didn't feel a thing. But what we each did like was the use of this big tuning fork which a practitioner activated and then placed, with permission from the recipient, on different body spots...probably acupunture points. It feels really "cool"! I would like to have one of those things to play with!

Part 2:

I have been reading Michael Saganski's account of his 90-day venture into trying to experience an obe. I was struck, in relationship to my postings here, with his descriptions of what he experienced in doing body work as recommended by Robert Bruce,found on several of the first pages, and also by goobygirl's comment of March 22, 2010, found on this page:

http://afterlife-knowledge.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1268502700/45

MS's focus is on other things and he quickly moves on to them, but I still found the descriptions interesting.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #46 - Jun 19th, 2010 at 11:39am

Hi Lucy,

Ebay has many tuning forks available for what looks like reasonable prices.

Tuning forks were in a series of 'dreams' I had shortly after I came to this site.  It seems to me that the tuning forks, that were used on me much as the practice of reiki apparently uses them, were a relative quick way of clearing blockages in my system.

Reiki must have some principles it uses on where to place the forks, since the blockages of energy, once cleared, will flow like a river whose dam has broken. It would be good to know something about the placement.

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

goobygirl

USA
Reply #47 - Jun 21st, 2010 at 11:25pm

I love tuning forks. My massage therapist uses them. I've also had cupping which is warm cups placed on your back, but that I didn't like as well. The tuning forks are very good for relaxing muscles.

Goobygirl

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #48 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 8:37am

I should know by now to check eBay!

I do recall learning to use one for a now-unused guitar; not a foot-long one! but a little one. And playing with it on the guitar top and then on the top of the fingernails or even on the face and the tongue. It must have been obvious to move on to using it in massage. What size and how many? I think I still have that small one around here some where....

In the Tong Ren I think they use it on acupuncture points. That would be a good place to start to clear energy blocks.

or, Bets, maybe if I find the small one and use it on my ear I can get the tinnitis to at least sound like a perfect A! Finally I'd have perfect pitch!

I wonder which note / Hz works the best for what? I suppose you need to try them all!

IP Logged

goobygirl

USA
Reply #49 - Jul 2nd, 2010 at 12:38am

Start here for free articles on tuning forks:

http://www.tuningforktherapy.com/

Goobygirl

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #50 - Jul 2nd, 2010 at 12:09pm

That's really interesting! I'm glad you found that and posted it.  Have you or anyone else here ever tried any of that?

IP Logged

Mystic Tuba

ALK Member

Reply #51 - Sep 1st, 2010 at 2:10pm

Hi (used to be a regular here, under a different user name, quite a few years ago.) Thought I'd revive this thread. I admit I read only the first and last pages, but since I do Reiki....

Anyhoo, I got my 2nd degree last May. I had taken Reiki before, and my what a difference this time! The difference was in the *teacher.* First time, not-so-good teacher, and I felt I got basically nothing out of it. This time, fantastic teacher, true healer, true psychic person. She can *see* the Reiki energy, and tell you whether you are doing it correctly.

This teacher requires that you practice 1st degree Reiki on yourself for six months before taking the 2nd degree class, and also another six months after 2nd degree before the next level. Classes are an entire weekend; far cry from the four-hour 1st degree with 300 people in it, followed the next day by another four-hour 2nd degree with 300 people in it. There were seven in my 1st degree and four in my 2nd degree. Maximum class size for this teacher is eight, and while it certainly isn't free, neither is it expensive. We even had a high school girl in the class who earned enough through part-time work to pay for it.

Things the teacher said (not claiming that she is inevitably right, just that because of my personal experience with her, I highly respect what she says:

a. you cannot do Reiki without being attuned. You can read books and practice your face off, but if you have not gotten the attunement, no Reiki will flow. She said she had been to places where people were practicing "free Reiki," and she could tell which ones were attuned and which weren't, because the ones who had not been attuned did not have any Reiki flow despite having their hands in "Reiki positions."

b. Reiki goes where it is needed; while 1st degree teaches you hand positions, the Reiki still goes where it is needed. Having a sore knee or whatever, and having the Reiki practitioner put his/her hands on your knee, does not affect your knee any more than having their hands on your foot. It may have a psychological effect, or help you to accept it better mentally, but there is no difference.

c. Distance Reiki is much more effective than in-person Reiki. You learn distance Reiki in your 2nd degree.

BTW, this person started a Reiki program in a major hospital here in town, that has been ongoing for several years, and which can document its successes in terms of patients who receive Reiki (always for free) do better than those who don't. So is it the Reiki or is it the expectation of getting better? I don't know the answer to that one.

Since the Reiki originator received attunements and symbols from other vibratory levels, obviously that can be done. It's just that most of us can't do it on our own, hence the attunements.

So, hi, hope I haven't stepped on any toes here Smiley

MA

IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #52 - Sep 1st, 2010 at 4:44pm

Did the 1st degree in rishikesh india in '98 with alu/potato john, a dude who at that time was a follower of the guru shanti mayi. Didn't like the guru part and a bit pricey, but I refused to bow (to mayi's picture) and money wasn't an issue. I was with a nice and small group of other participants.

At the initiation part I was asked to close the eyes, and started hearing some jingley jangley sounds and wondered 'wft, if I peek and he's doing a funky dance with something akin to a cowbell then resistance of lol is futile'. Turned out better than that. As he lay his arms on my shoulders I could feel chakras, his and mine, and that was a first in this lifetime. The crown chakra felt like the small lights on top of a fire. I felt confused after that session, walking to the temple where I stayed thinking the reiki didn't wear off, but, ah, it was the warmth from the rays of the sun.

One session we went a long drive up a hill, sat in a circle with eagles flying above us and the himalayas in the distant background. That wasn't memorable in any reiki related way, but heck of a nice view at the top of the world.

My last session was with a fellow participant and she started crying, so I comforted her and alu dude seemed freaked out by her gentle crying. A soft ending to an all in all enjoyable experience.

Since then I've done reki from time to time. Subtle, in a good way. I also have the same experience of healing/chakra interaction taking place regardless of where the physical hands are placed with reki.

Just another form of healing and fortunately there are different forms for just about anybody. Happy diversity day.

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #53 - Sep 8th, 2010 at 5:37am

That's some pretty good points about the reiki (... a mystic tuba is an interesting concept too). That is interesting that the teacher youhad could tell who hadbeen properly attuned and who hadn't . I assume she verified that? or just relied on what she felt? I feel a lot of difference betwen people but then there are also day-to-day variations with the same person.

I'm not surprised with the hospital stuff. I'd like to think it is the reiki but sometimes I think it is more basic than that. I have a non-medical position in a large hospital and in that capacity I have an opportunity to walk around the ED (it is no longer an ER, it is a whole department). I often think that a bunch of these folks would not be here if they had had reiki regularly. Another aspect of that is that I think some of these folks are here because they need to be the center of attention, and reiki would give them the opportunity to be that for a short while. (I also think some of them should try reflexology; then maybe they would take care of their feet; but that is another story!).

I have had a challenge to try to create the feeling I get when I am the recipient of reiki with another person versus what I feel on my own (hence the question, what do you feel?)  I always feel something when there is another person doing reiki to me. I think everyone at this place is at least level 2, but there is no requirement to use particular teachers. I had a level 1 class (and attunement ) with John Harvey Gray and I could not feel a thing for a long time. If anyone does reiki and doesn't know who that is, they should look him up.

Recently, I finally induced an experience in myself when I was alone but it will still take a lot of practice to get back there. I was flipping my sleep time around and I needed to sleep one afternoon/evening when I wasn't really tired enough, and I woke up and couldn't get back to the sleep I really needed. I stayed in bed and kind of lay there and meditated and I felt like I do sometimes when I am getting reiki, except I went even deeper, until my alarm went off. It doesn't sound like a big deal but it was for me (though I paid the price of sleep deprivation later).

Interesting experiences, volu. I'm looking forward to that "small lights on top of a fire" feeling.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #54 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 1:27pm

Fascinating experiences, you-all !
I appreciate hearing about them since I'm just a reiki-voyeur.

I hope your attunements keep you in tune and vibrating with all that's good !  After doing more work, what if you went back to your reiki-tuner and surprised him/her with an even stronger Jingley-jangle ? Or is there a positive(teacher-tuner)/negative(recipeint) flow, like magnets, that would be hurt by that change?

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #55 - Sep 26th, 2010 at 11:09am

Bets

I think the key is to keep doing it.

Easy for me to say where I can go every week for a donation! You don't really have to make the donation either, nobody checks.

My "progress" is very slow but I believe real.

What one experiences, either with hemi-sync or with anything else, is very subjective. Sometimes I feel like saying ..what's the big deal? If I listen to a hemi-sync tape, nothing unusual happens. But sometime si wonder if that is because I naturally experience some altered states, the way some other people naturally experience seeing auras or whatever. So sometimes I think I go to an"altered" state that is natural for me but would have someone else exclaining what an experience they had.I can't really figure this out.

That said, sometime sI am able to easily enter a state before falling asleep that I also achieve sometimes in the reiki. It also feels like what I recall the ruch of marijuana feeling like, or the rush of wine drunk a little too fast feeling like. Sorry, I don't have more sophisticated descriptions. (College was a while ago for me too.) It also has that characteristic I feel when making a ball of energy with my hands, that reminds me of trying to put two north poles of magnets together...they oush against each other and deflect slightly sideways.

Another aspect is the heat. Sometimes the practitioners' hands feel hot. This happened this past week. I would have sworn her hands were burning, but when I checked them afterwards they were just you know, "room temp" for hands. I also felt heat on one side when she was working on that side. It almost feels like a niacin rush, but not so bad. It dissipated.

Not everything correlates easily. I have a knee that is giving me some "problems"...I don't bring it up ...but she spontaneously worked on the other one. Why?

But she gave me some interesting feedback. For instance, when she was on my left side, working on my left arm, at one point she was holding my hand between her two hands. I know she wasn't pulling on it at all, but I had the sensation of pulling on that arm, just like the teachers in ballet class would do, come over and say, hold your arm like this and then pull it out and around a little into the correct position. So afterwards, when we tried to quickly go over this stuff, as there wasn't much time for review, I mentioned that it felt like she was pulling on my arm even though I knew she wasn't. And she said, oh, I almost forgot, there was soemthing liek amessage for me to quit stooping over (she was standing and she demonstrated)  and looking down, and instead to look up and hld your self like this , and again she demonstated by doing a sort of welcoming the sun pose, face up and hands up and arms outstretched on either side. What she didn't know is how lately I have been stooping way to much in quiet moments when I feel discouraged, and I feel I look like a turlte and I worry about distorting my upper back with that stance. Or I walk around looking down.

So now I get to be like a little sunflower and turn my face to the ...light!

Seriously, though, I take that as a kind of "hit." That's just one thing.

There is something that is puzzling me and that is that I felt the heat thing when I was listening to the TMI tape last week. I mentioned that here:
http://afterlife-knowledge.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1283933766/0#2

I am wondering if others have experiences like this? I am not used to mixing Focus X with something from reiki and wonder what that might signify. Any comments?

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #56 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 8:22am

I read Quantum Touch : The Power to Heal by Richard Gordon. This is really interesting tome because he is combining the sensations I am talking about...I think!..with breathing. He claims to get some positive results with that. It is difficult to practice alone though.

The visualization is like doing the Monroe Reball thing, except he has the energy coming out the hands instead of circling back into the feet.

The breathing is an interesting addition. A long time ago I had some tapes from something called Dimensional Mind Approach. It doesn't exists any more as far as I know and a quick look at google only put it as a passing mention in the wiki entry for "Mind Dynamics" topic. but it included an exercise that I kept using because it worked for me. The object was to have a quick nap-like energy lift. Itinvolved giving yourself the suggestion that 20 breathes would be like a good couple of hours of sleep. Then lying down with eyes closed, you slowly take 20 deep breaths. I try to breath the way I think I do when I am asleep. I get different effects depending on the circumstances. Oh yeah I combine it with visualizing the energy coming in my feet etc. a la ReBall. If I am using it to fall aslep for the night, I often don't make the 20 breaths. Other times it makes me feel like someone is giving me reiki to my feet. I try to move it up my legs but usually the sensation is not as intense. Sometimes I feel it all over. Ah, oxygen!

I wonder what it would be like to feel those sensations all over 24/7.

IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #57 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 7:43pm

Lucy wrote on Sep 26th, 2010 at 11:09am:
I am wondering if others have experiences like this? I am not used to mixing Focus X with something from reiki and wonder what that might signify. Any comments?

Hi Lucy;
Yes i have done this a few time, and personally find it amplified my energies so to speak, meaning i was more attuned for healing.
But then i was using Metamusic "Higher", which personally found that it really raise my energies, and was asking the recipient to just listen to the sounds while i was doing the healing.
Their feelings after worth was a sense of complete relaxation but full of energy so they say lasted a few days.
My hands were very hot so to speak, and the person also felt it. (PS. i was not touching the person)
Hope this help, thanks for sharing.
PUL.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #58 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 3:19am

There was a new practitioner at the reiki sessions, so I booked an appt. with her. She gave me feedback that indicated she felt energy blocks at the same spots where I've been told I'm blocked before. She was just quicker and more direct; it wasa good confirmation that the energy body can be "sensed".

I haven't been to reiki  in the last few weeks but I am trying to work on getting that feeling on my own. It is just so much easier with someone else!

Last night I had trouble staying asleep; I woke up and felt awake but needed several hours more sleep by the clock. So I did breathing exercises and practiced trying to induce the sensations. I actually got pretty relaxed and was getting some senations as I do at reiki. I finally drifted off to sleep. I dreamed I was at work but I was looking for a room where I could be alone so I could practice floating on the ceiling. I unfortunatey didn't achieve lucidity and so didn't realize the significance of that until I woke up. But maybe stimulating the energy body with reiki could make going obe easier.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #59 - Dec 13th, 2011 at 5:37am

I was recently reading something about chakras that talked about feeling the energy in any particular chakra. I mean feeling your own chakras from the inside, not feeling the energy of someone else's through your hands.I was wondering how other people experience feeling their own chakras and if it feels like reiki but localized in whatever area that chakra represents. Can anyone feel their own chakra energy and what does it feel like?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.