Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Monroe Institute local chapter (Read 6459 times)
Lucy

C1
Monroe Institute local chapter
Sep 8th, 2010 at 4:16am

I just found out about this chapter and also the meet-up function (what will Facebook think of next. A tleast I think it is part of Facebook.)

It is interesting to see how many different group types there are. Maybe there is something interesting in your part of the world.

http://www.meetup.com/The-Monroe-Institute-Local-Chapter-Boston/

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Re: Monroe Institute local chapter
Reply #1 - Sep 20th, 2010 at 7:20am

I attended TMI South-SHore on Sept 19th and it was really interesting.

The best part was getting to meet someone from the board, who also attended. Honestly sometimes I think you guys are just all in my head, but you turn out to be real people. Woo Hoo!

It was a great meeting. We listened to a TMI tape together, and then we shared our experiences. Then we did the same with a second tape. It was interesting to hear the correlations that sometimes existed in what folks experienced. It was really great to meet others who are interested in these things and to talk openly like an every-day conversation about them, without having to do any "explaining". (Didn't have to hear that Desi Arnez voice in the back of my head: Lucy, you got some splanin' to do.)

I realize this probably isn't quite like going to Virginia, but I urge you to check out and see if there is a like-minded group in  your area. Meet Up looks to be an amazing way to find out about all kinds of meetings and groups.

Ha ha I just realized I called them "tapes" too. I do have some old TMI tapes (Vicky don't laugh at me! They still work!) ; I assume these were CD's. Need a short word for all "recordings."

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2010 at 8:57am

I also had an experience while listening to the recording...at one point I felt a lot of heat; I had a light blanket on and at the time I thought maybe I was just too hot. It wasn't until my next reiki session, when I also had a random experience of heat, that I really began to believe that whay happened whilr experiencing the recording was the same heat thing. I am wondering if this happens to others when they go towards other focus levels?

The other thing I noticed was that during the first part of the recording, I didn't feel that so much was happening in my conciousness...didn't feel going "deeper" or whatever you want to say. But when the suggestion was given to head back to normal waking conciousness, I found I really did have to come back. So I had poor awareness of the shift going "away" from C1. Others commentd that the same thing happened for them. Is that common here too?

Mayber I should ask these questions other places, just not sure which thread.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Re:ARTICLE ON FOCUS LEVELS
Reply #3 - Jan 2nd, 2011 at 6:57am

perhaps this has been posted here before.
The group leader sent a link to a Wiki article on focus levels:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focus_level

IP Logged

Justin aka Vasya
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 17th, 2011 at 1:25pm

Lucy wrote on Sep 26th, 2010 at 8:57am:
I also had an experience while listening to the recording...at one point I felt a lot of heat; I had a light blanket on and at the time I thought maybe I was just too hot. It wasn't until my next reiki session, when I also had a random experience of heat, that I really began to believe that whay happened whilr experiencing the recording was the same heat thing. I am wondering if this happens to others when they go towards other focus levels?

This experience i had at TMI in Faber during the Gateway Voyage, convinced me of the benefit of "toning".   I was skeptical of the value of toning despite that two outer sources i resonate a lot with, Bob Monroe/TMI Institute and the E.C. readings very much recommend it as an aid to meditation. 

I took the G.V.P. at TMI during late July.  It was a very hot, humid VA summer then, but inside they kept TMI quite air conditioned.  So there was quite a contrast between inside and outside temp wise.  I was often cold during our "sound experiences" in our CHEC units. 

This was a couple of days or so into the program. Anyways, i had stayed up real late talking to some fellow TMI students the night before.  I knew i was going to be real tired the next morning during whatever ungodly hour they seemed to wake us up at.   When the morning wake up call came, i was tempted to just sleep through it because i was so tired. 

I decided to try to stay awake, and i started toning along.   A little while into it, my body became very, very hot, having gone from feeling a bit chilled not long before.   

Moreover, after the meditation i had A LOT of energy, which lasted throughout the day & into the night.  It felt like i had a very good night's sleep the night before.

I felt like the Toning part was mostly responsible for that, though of course the H.S. and deep meditation helped too.  But it was during the toning when my body began to become very hot. 

I feel like Toning somehow directly affects the endocrine glands in the body, which are connected to the more subtle energy centers.

I've rarely had the above experience since, but that maybe because my body is now more naturally intune with those other levels of self.  Though right now, my body doesn't feel all that intune.  I have my first major cold now since 2.2 years ago & very unusually i've missed two days of work in a row. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.