Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Bruce's Telephone Device to the Afterlife (Read 27351 times)
orlando123

France
Re: Bruce's Telephone Device to the Afterlife
Reply #30 - Nov 13th, 2007 at 6:48pm

Grin  am I right in thinking you are a tiny bit skeptical about this idea...?   LOL I thought the title of the post was genuine at first

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Nov 13th, 2007 at 7:44pm

Collective sigh of relief, "At last, something we can understand!"

Thanks, Don, I feel much better about it all now. I see that I have mind-boggling clarity to look forward to....as per the usual.

love, blink Smiley

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #32 - Nov 13th, 2007 at 9:14pm

Look Blink... you posted at 4:44!

The angels are surrounding you now, reassuring you of their love and help. Don't worry because the angels' help is nearby.

Love, Kathy  Cheesy

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Nov 14th, 2007 at 10:10am

Don-

I've been trying to figure out how many people, since the dawn of mankind, have died.  Any idea?  I presume somewhere in the billions.

That means Bruce will need to somehow identify all of them in order to assign them phone numbers.  After all, I might want to chat with a relative of mine from the 7th century and not just my mom or dad.

This is a daunting task.  Perhaps someone can visit the Hall of Knowledge, and let us (esp Bruce) know how this can be accomplished.

Sign me
Waiting for Godot

IP Logged

orlando123

France
Reply #34 - Nov 14th, 2007 at 4:02pm

I found a site that estimates the number since 1 million BC (about when roughly modern looking humans evolved) as 96 trillion

http://www.math.hawaii.edu/~ramsey/People.html

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Nov 14th, 2007 at 4:19pm

Wow that's a load of phone numbers! 

Also, just think of how many languages that represents, not to mention that cavemen used cave drawings to communicate.

I hope Bruce's device can translate for us!  Not just by converting thoughts into voices we can hear, but also in pictographs so our cavemen ancestors can understand us.

We live in exciting times!  I just hope Ed Carter hasn't reincarnated. Smiley

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #36 - Nov 14th, 2007 at 4:36pm

I know some of these responses are "tongue-in-cheek" (not serious), but let us keep in mind that whenever you use a real telephone, you often will not get the person you are calling.  Sometimes the number has been disconnected.  Other times the person is not near a phone.  Why should the afterlife be any different?

It has been said by various mediums and spiritualists that as one progresses in the afterlife, one "ascends" to different planes.  The Spiricom device Don mentions is a perfect example where all communication ceased after a certain amount of earth time had elapsed. 

Thus, I believe that the idea that we could dial a phone number for any of the 96 trillion deceased is misguided.  More likely, the recently deceased would be reached if any.  The problem of imposters, low level spirits masquerading as a loved one would be a real issue - but true, verifiable communication would change forever mankind's perception of what happens when we die.

Matthew

IP Logged

orlando123

France
Reply #37 - Nov 14th, 2007 at 4:55pm

It would, and I would like to see that happen. religious people usually say it can;t because then we'd have no need for "faith", what with faith being such a wonderful virtue an' all. I really don;t see what harm it would do. It would just make people feel freer and happier and less materialistic.

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #38 - Nov 14th, 2007 at 5:08pm

I recall the Greek equivalent to the spirit telephone was more or less a spirit video system. It has been replicated using mirrors. In its modern form, the basic idea is to use a darkened room, and to look into a mirror for some period of time. Eventually visions appear, and we presumably can see whomever we have sought after.  I've been told that this also allows conversation, but I don't know how this would work. The original idea used a shallow pan of water into which one would look, whcih seems like a more reasonable idea, since it presents a "live" surface.

I've had very limited experience using water, mirrors and shiny metallic surfaces, and have noticed that there often seems to be a layer of particles of some kind lying just above the surface, through which it seemed possible to see something. Since my psychic abilities are roughly similar to those of your left shoe, I'm probably a poor example, but there seems to be some ability to enhance normal abilities to the point where something can be seen.

There are a few devices available that try to "trick the mind" into a psychic trance with blinking lights and hypnotic sounds. But to my knowledge, all of them actually send us into an alpha state, after which we're on our own. Otherwise, all that happens is lots of  blinking lights and sounds.

Monroe and various workers using a combination of mechanisms plus appropriate suggestions have done much better. These combinations seem to operate by mechanisms similar to formal regression hypnosis, although there is rarely more than superficial guidance once we finally arrve in trance.

I suspect that in an actual trance state it would be possible to conjur up a Cosmic Telephone Exchange capable of connecting to anyone.Whether this could be packaged is another question. However, practice with hypnotic regression indicates that a person can be easily trained to go into a trance state and into the spirit world to access some of the resources there. This suggests that the simplest approach might be through CDs that are frankly hypnotic, suggestive and specificaly focussed on that task. Then any machine that would provide further stimulii by which incoming events might be decoded would be adequate. As an example, a shallow pan of water in a darkened room - perhaps reflected in a wall mirror, so that leaning over it isn't necessary.

The theory behind that approach would be that the live water surface would somehow express the state of the universe, and the hypnotic state, however induced, would allow regenerative detection of the images desired in the same way that listening to a babbling brook (or similar sound) eventually seems to produce words.

I've had very poor luck with Monroe's binaural recordings, but well crafted hypnotic material should be successful for this kind of gizmo. Unfortunately, it seems unlikely that we could get it to print out each of the 19 trillion personal addresses of the dwellers in psychic space. hat's where ther Cosmic Phone Exchange is used - Just call up Directory Assistance with the name and some identifying data, and the connection should be easily made. - The next problem is what to do if we get an Astral Answering Machine.  Undecided

dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #39 - Nov 14th, 2007 at 5:33pm

Orlando, remember that the Pope himself suggested that proof of an afterlife might be secured through improved EVP technology!  In my view, there is one promising potential that gets overlooked in this type of dicussion.  Natural evolution is surely just one type of evolution.  If homo sapiens evolved over 8 million years of primate evolution, then the spiritual realm no doubt played an important role in that evolution.  ES suggests as much in his writings on the interactions between discarnate and earthly life. 

Increasing interest in the idea of developing practical ways of verifying and contacting the afterlife territories may gradually alter the priorities of discarnate humans in structuring and shaping various astral planes.  The idea of rigorous procedures or technologies to promote
ADCs may spark an astral evolution that makes this potential an idea whose time has come.  God seems to restrain "Himself" in deference to human creative urges and new initiatives.

Don

IP Logged

orlando123

France
Reply #40 - Nov 14th, 2007 at 5:35pm

Hi

Sorry, I misread the noughts on that site -- it is a measly 96 billion so maybe the phone book doesn't have to be so big after all  Wink

One thing I just thought though - it seems reasonable to assume we should only be able to contact relatively recently-deceased people, who've not found something better to do yet, but then isn't time supposed to work differently from here (or not at all?) in the spirit world? Would that have an efect??  Huh

IP Logged

orlando123

France
Reply #41 - Nov 14th, 2007 at 5:43pm

dave_a_mbs wrote on Nov 14th, 2007 at 5:08pm:
I recall the Greek equivalent to the spirit telephone was more or less a spirit video system. It has been replicated using mirrors. In its modern form, the basic idea is to use a darkened room, and to look into a mirror for some period of time. Eventually visions appear,

I believe Moody is now prmoting this idea, or something like it? I am a bit dubious about him ever since reading a book called The Last laugh , which I notice is not mentioned on his own website these days. It was a bizzare offering, apparently, in his words, containing mainly material that his editor cut out of the original version of Life After Life (an editor who knew theri job...). It waffles on tediously and incomprehensively about how he does not think NDEs are proof of life after death and that they are best seen in the context of play, humour and entertainment. I couldn;t see what point he was trying to make. I am sur many fans of his first groundbreaking book were diappointed with it.

Pre-Moody the water gazing/mirror watching  etc was known  as "scrying" I think. I have tried this sort of thing once or twice, but not had results. But I'm probably not much more psychic than your left shoe either dave!

IP Logged

orlando123

France
Reply #42 - Nov 14th, 2007 at 5:50pm

Berserk2 wrote on Nov 14th, 2007 at 5:33pm:
God seems to restrain "Himself" in deference to human creative urges and new initiatives.

Don

Interesting suggestions Don. maybe so.
I have also read material suggesting the RCC has at one point or another giving a tentative go-ahead to certain types of afterlife research (as long as done by suitably trained and orthodox clergymen, I believe). I'm not sure to what extent they admit this as a general public policy?

I also read at one point that the CofE comissioned a report into contact with the dead (I think mainly with regard to Spiritualism) which was positive towards this possibilty (though I'm not sure they actually encouraged it) but I seem to recall it was somewhat suppressed by the church hierarchy at the time

IP Logged

the_seeker

Reply #43 - Nov 14th, 2007 at 7:53pm

dave - i forgot the name, but there's a book where someone recommends using a crystal ball to see/contact dead relatives

as for the 96 trillion number, well for one thing, why would numbers be an obstacle in the afterlife?  also as far as cavemen...  it's apparent that spirits can communicate in whatever language or fashion they choose.  evidence for this is dead children still looking/talking/acting like children, even though obviously their spirit is not a "child."

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Nov 19th, 2007 at 11:36am

seeker-

Maybe a more advanced version of Bruce's phone will also transmit a picture of those in the afterlife with whom we're chatting.

Seems to me that would be the next logical step.

I've also read that our pets survive death.  If so, I wonder if we will be able to communicate with them via the phone? 

Good thing Bruce loves challenges.  Heck, Verizon can't even fix the static problem we have on our phones much less hook us up to the dead.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.