Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Acceptance, Rejection and Integration of Posts (Read 3578 times)
dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
Acceptance, Rejection and Integration of Posts
Dec 8th, 2007 at 3:50pm

While I am no expert on internet decorum, nor on matters of psychic skill development, I notice that from time to time someone passes through, and hopefully stays, who has a great deal to say in many different ways. At the present time, Alan seems to have more threads started than anyone else, but as I read them I get the feeling that this is because Alan also has a lot that seems important to share. I'm grateful for Alan's sharing, but a bit overwhelmed.

Like many, I take a very critical view of anything presented as "this is the way it is" unless there is an awful lot of "because of the following reasons ... " However, Alan is presenting well organized thoughts and concepts that are within the reach of most people's understanding and experience. Just because I'm a psychic zero doesn't mean that I don't both respect and appreciate that. I also feel free to argue with a few points, which is not necessarily destructive. Just a different perspective.

Some of this stuff is potentially scary, and if practiced withou insight it can lead to either of two dangerous side trips, the loss of self in phenomena, watching the pretty colors and blinking lights while ignoring personal growth; or sensing ourselves to be so terribly inept and worthless, perhaps guilty and sinful as well, that obviously God is just about to whack us with the cosmic fly swatter. There is also the danger of doing something for which the body is not adequate - for example, I lost my pilot's medical due to a heart condition, and it's not likely tobe useful to me to try to do extremely strenuous exercizes in order to gain psychic wings. They would be more likely to bring on a permanent liftoff, and while I'd enjoy talking to God and the Angels, I still have work to do here. - This type of self evaluation is necessary for all of us. It's like knowing that coffee is hot, so you don't want to stick your finger into it until it's an appropriate time. But that doesn't mean that it's poisonous amd to be shunned.

As a personal exercise, I find it fascinating and challenging to meet, as I frequently do, people who are so advanced spiritually, with such well developed psychic skills, and with insights that I have yet to develop. Occasionally I even feel frustrated - like trying to find Alan's "door into the light" is for me a skill yet to be developed (Hey, Alysia, since this is a skill which you've perfected, maybe I was your butler instead?) and which I look forward to discovering. However, were it not for frustrations and annoyances of this kind, I'd have never moved. It seems that today's stepping stones to success are yesterday's stumbling blocks.

I think I'd prefer to continually challenged than fed pap and swill, no matter how soothing - and fortunately, while we have the present forum, there seems no dearth of challenges. So, to you who challenge me, my gratitude and best wishes! Smiley

And to Bruce, a heartfelt vote of thanks! If it weren't for you this wouldn't be.

dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

LaughingRain
Ex Member

Re: Acceptance, Rejection and Integration of Posts
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2007 at 4:02pm

ah, you're right on as usual Dave.  Smiley I too felt overwhelmed when any poster appears over eager and the other threads get gobbled up to the next page, where I will never see them again most likely. Yet, being a softie, my problem, I assure you, I did not bring forth an objection the other threads disappearing in light of current threads by one poster.

that was a very good observation made. I don't think I miss the demon thread much though, lol, some thoughts are hard to unravel, or viewpoints I should say.

I don't want to scare off any newbies though. mother hen I suppose.

now Dave, I just told you I only seen the light once in 60 years during that retrieval, so lets not give me a reputation that I don't deserve. its really difficult to see myself with a butler, so you can forget about that. anyway butlers need pay. I dont have any money.
I make due with shadow land visuals, and the thing is, all my trips are concerned with personal relationships, I learn a lot when the other person is chewing me out.
has nothing to do with the light, though, but probably has  alot to do with PUL.
hmm. this is great! the administrator has taken care of it; what we are discussing. thanks. what a board this is. just amazing.
love, alysia

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 9th, 2007 at 2:45pm

Hi Dave You can be a medium as well as me and everyone,we all have the gift of physcic,its just learning how to open up to it,i sense a lot of love from your soul and compassion and sensitivity,i sense honesty and also sense that you always try to see both sides of everything,

If you want to tune in with spirit ,just find a quite room and meditate for 20 minutes and ask God to alow spirit to come to you always ask for Gods protection of love and light dave and it wil happen and even if you get one word to start with for you or someone you know it means something,just take whats given to you by spirit and eventualy ,you will be doing what i'm doing.

Love and God bless love juditha

IP Logged

LaughingRain
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 9th, 2007 at 3:05pm

I see Dave as enlightened enough; anyone with a tag says life is too short to drink sour wine as got to be enlightened.  Smiley opinions are solely belonging to moi.

what I think I heard Dave saying is he likes to be annoyed. in that case, I can annoy him if I want.  Grin

yes you are right Juditha, dave has love.

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
Reply #4 - Dec 9th, 2007 at 4:14pm

Thanks Juditha - I know that you are correct, and if I could sit and pay proper attention I would probably develop more skills than I have. - And actually, looking back 30 or so years, I actually was on the right track a long time back. I just sort of got hooked on work and school and forgot to pay attention, I gues. So thanks for the encouragement.

Alysia - I appreciate the remarks, but in fact, I really don't like sour wine. I'm more the German Rhine or Gewurztraminer type. - Not much enlightenment is needed for making the stomach happy or pleasing the palate. - Anyhow, you suggested being a maid, I suppose I'm equally capable of buttle-ing - but I actually have the feeling that all of us have bounced around together before in prior days and ages past.  More likely to have been around a fire roasting a lizard or something.

As far as liking being annoyed is concerned, I'd say not.  Sad   But being challenged, most definitely! Smiley Between Alan's exercizes and Juditha's prompting, I suppose I should get off my fat meat and actually put some of this into practice.

And in the end it all resolves again into PUL - that seems to be enough.
d

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 9th, 2007 at 9:46pm

Huh Posting I guess is a funny business. It relies to some degree on a sort of empathy or intuitive knowing to catch aspects of topics we know something about likely to be of interest to others, and yet is almost wholly uncontrolled except by the judgement, bravery and decorum of the poster until at least after the fact.

We don't all get it right all of the time, but it works surprisingly well most of the time. I think taking it a little steadily is a good idea - I'm always amazed at how profound some of the slower burning threads that allow time for insight to crystallise often become.

Also by the way these threads often (as we've talked of before) become intertwined in ways which end up illuminating all sorts of  differing aspects of what turns out to be the same object, an object we were a little confused about as a result of differing views....

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #6 - Dec 13th, 2007 at 1:45pm

you're right Ian, hindsight is 20/20.  btw, I like the way you just showed up one day and you fit in on any thread, seems to be talent to my perspective, either that, or like Dave implied, we might all be from the same sort of cabbage patch, but I definetely don't think I ever picked up dave's dirty socks. Cheesy possibility he over seed the Eygption healing center where we worked with color to heal, ah, yes, those were splendid days... Smiley

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 13th, 2007 at 2:08pm

I think it's easy to fit in when you feel at home and when you share something of a vibe or feeling for things Alysia. And around here we're all of a fairly similar bent, regardless of whether we've been doing each other's socks.

I mentioned it before, but the Tibetan Yogi I met recently demonstrated rather beautifully how easily we can hit it off together when there's no heavy ego in play and instead lots of openness and compassion. I'd not claim any great achievement in that regard, but it's so noticeable when you relate with somebody that's not carrying any baggage  - it somehow calms and makes possible the same behaviour in yourself....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.