Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Bruce's Telephone Device to the Afterlife (Read 27066 times)
Rondele
Ex Member

Bruce's Telephone Device to the Afterlife
Oct 27th, 2007 at 9:29am

I decided to start a new thread from my post on the McCann thread to be sure everyone knows about Bruce and Ed's device.

I too have been distressed by the disappearance of this little girl.

Let's all hope that Bruce is successful in his continuing efforts to perfect his afterlife communication device (ACD).

As many of you know, Bruce has been working on the ACD for years.  He describes it as like a telephone system to the "dead." With this device, Bruce says that anyone here on earth can "dial-up" a deceased loved one as easily as we now can call our friends down the street.  Bruce hopes that this device, once it's placed into mass production, can be available at any WalMart or Radio Shack for an approximate price of $50 or so.

Bruce has encountered several problems along the way, but thankfully he is getting technical device from Ed Carter.  Ed was an engineer and a friend of Bruce's before he died, and had worked with Bruce on the device before he died.  Amazingly, Ed is continuing to provide help to Bruce from the afterlife.  This gives Bruce a unique perspective in understanding how the device can be tuned to enable the deceased to talk with us, and we with them.

I think all of us should encourage Bruce in this herculean effort, especially in dealing with the many obstacles he's encountered.  He is very busy with his workshops, but is determined to continue his work no matter what it takes or how long it takes until the device becomes a reality. 

Some day in the not too distant future we will know for a certainty that the afterlife exists and that we survive death, and the world will bestow on Bruce (and Ed) the honor and recognition they so richly deserve.

(For those of you who are able to travel in the afterlife, please give our blessings to Ed for his help in this monumental enterprise).

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Re: Bruce's Telephone Device to the Afterlife
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2007 at 10:52am

Thank you, Rondele, for this update. This is intriguing and certainly exciting news, and if there has truly been progress then I am very happy you shared this. Best wishes to all involved. I'm not sure what kind of reaction the public would have to such a device, depending on how it functions. But, it seems like it would be a fantastic, world-changing event to have a reliable instrument to provide information which cannot be disproven and which would be easily available and shared with others. How would it really work?

I mean, I'm having a hard time believing the dead would be instantly accessible. Would there be some kind of delay?  This is just so hard for me to imagine.  Is there call waiting? Is there some kind of voicemail?

just kidding.  no, I'm not. Smiley

love, blink Smiley

IP Logged

orlando123

France
Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2007 at 4:17pm

This is certainly intriguing, but I won't hold my breath for it. I remember reading in a book about the afterlife about 15 years ago that someone was developing some sort of television which would show scenes from the afterlife, and that doesn;t seem to have come about. Also, most experiments with EVP seem to have been a bit inconclusive from what I know of them (and that seems related field). Anyhow, I certainly wish Bruce well with it, whatever it involves.

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
Reply #3 - Oct 28th, 2007 at 2:02pm

I'd very much like to have a look at the schematics of one of those things that works. For about 30 years, I've been working on the idea of an "external storage system" - a pseudo memory - that could support some kind of active intelligent activity, at least in principle. If life can be modelled as the progressive combinations of active elements of the personality with passive elements of context (something that appears valid, based on actual experience and analysis) , then a very basic system would need little more than a resonator system that would mimic that function of the mind by allowing information to concatenate as it rests in storage loops. At the same time, we must postulate that the dead are everywhere present and able to enter and cooperate with such mechanisms.

That's kinda like tuning a radio to all stations at once, and then  listening for the outcome to make sense, but it seems possible. Shouldn't be any worse than trying to converse at a cocktail party. Maybe Bruce will give us more information . . .

dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #4 - Oct 28th, 2007 at 11:39pm

I recommend that everyone with some technical skills and ideas would just experiment a bit. When you know how a radio and basic electronic circuits are working, what we need is to assemble it in a new way and see what's happening. There are already many ideas on the www about EVP and similar things. What is obviously lacking are people who really trial around. No wonder, much time is needed for this and the results are totally unforeseeable. But someone has to do the work, and that is, as we don't understand the basics of such a technique yet, trial and error (or succeed!).

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

asethaa

Reply #5 - Oct 29th, 2007 at 1:18am

The frustrating thing about this is that this is not a new idea. I recall years back reading many Spiritualist books by mediums and others who had the same idea a century ago. For whatever reasons, the thing just never seems to happen. Imagine the boon to mankind and the fame and fortune to the man or organization that invented and patented such a device? One might argue it would be a greater service to mankind than the invention of the wheel.

I've long wondered, too, why this hasn't already been done from the other side. I mean, scientists are scientists. Those who have passed on, I'd assume, would be just as anxious as we are to develop such a gizmo.

-Chuck-

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 29th, 2007 at 12:38pm

Chuck-

I agree, in fact you couldn't really even compare the invention of the wheel with the ACD.  Whole other dimension (no pun intended).

Just think what the device would need to do (among many other things).  It would need to first provide everyone in the afterlife with some sort of ID just like our own phone system does.  If we want to dial up Uncle Fred, we will need to know what buttons to press.  Of course, there may not be buttons at all.  Maybe we just speak the name and date of death and at the other end is a universal routing device of some sort (CISCO systems would make a ton of money on this!) that automatically seeks out and finds the person and notifies him or her that someone wants to chat with him.

So when Uncle Fred speaks, there would also need to be some sort of device to translate his thoughts (as a spirit he has no vocal chords) into an audible signal that we can hear him.

And there's yet another problem for those of us who believe in reincarnation- what if Fred is now living as a 5 yr old girl in Iran?  Would there be call forwarding? But then, the little girl (aka Fred) would have no clue who is calling her, and in fact the the caller might end up being hauled into the police station.  Can you imagine trying to explain to the cops why we wanted to talk with her??  We better have a pretty slick lawyer in that case!

But maybe the device incorporates some sort of storage mechanism, whereby when the little girl dies, she (Uncle Fred) can check on messages sent during her latest incarnation.  Of course, by then we would probably also be dead.....

No wonder Bruce is frustrated!  Let's hope he will weigh in on this and give us the latest outlook.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #7 - Oct 29th, 2007 at 12:39pm

Maybe the World isn't ready for such a device, and the spirit World is waiting until it is before the final bits of information are sent over. Often, timing is really important.
« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2007 at 7:54pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #8 - Oct 29th, 2007 at 1:06pm

as we become more aware of our own spiritual enlightenment, this need for an easy way to contact those passed over will not be necessary.There are many here and around the world who are aware that they are in contact with the other side nightly or when they meditate, or do recoveries. Sometimes is when we phase. The easy way is not always the best way. Untill such a devise is manifested in physical reality, the recovering and assisting must continue. My belief is that (earth) time is of the essence in getting this done. 
Joe

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #9 - Oct 29th, 2007 at 7:50pm

I can suggest a few ideas about the way it feels when I meditate or do a regression, but I can't say for sure how a gadget would work.

(1)   As we go into trance, one thing that we do is to open our awareness. So whatever this gizmo is, my guess is that it has to be open to inputs as opposed to filtering them.

(2)   As we tune into a different "continuum" like the "spirit world" we use our imagination as a regenerative amplifier. Bruce mentions a "pretend that it works" approach that is of this sort. My guess is that we shold have a regenerative quality by which momentry and fragmented information can be conserved. This suggests resonators capable of handling frequencies from nearly zero up to about 20,000 Hz.

(3)   The system must be complex enough to actually allow embodiment of the energies that we are trying to observe. I recall an OBE into a rolled up window shade, in which it seemed as if the complexity of my personality was somehow supported by the successive layers of fabric. Since the basis of life is a dynamic, not a static state, I'd guess that the structure should support feedback at multiple levels. This would fit in with the idea of resonators, since they involve feedback at just under unity gain.

(4)   We have many reported experiences suggesting that the energies in question involve electromagnetic effects. For example, tape recordings of voices. Possibly some kind of electrical pickup would be appropriate. Since this is intended to handle frequencies that include our audio range, we might need a broadband impedance matcher.

(5)   It has been shown that ideas evolve as an iterated complexion series (iterated power set if you prefer that term) because in this way the dynamic presence of the thinker is preserved. I feel that the equipment probably should incorporate some means by which multiple levels (I'd say 3 or more) can relate in this manner. This is a matter of how resonators are coupled together in the brain, and should be similar in an artificial environment.

(6)   I agree with Spooky that we need to actualize this thing, but I haven't been able to do much more than think about some of these general ideas. So we need some tinkerers, and a means of development and testing. I have no further suggestions on that part.

Who wants to play?
dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #10 - Oct 29th, 2007 at 7:59pm

I believe it would be key that they don't become futuristic Ouija boards.  One would have to know how to make contact with the right channel. A person might knock on the wrong door.

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #11 - Oct 29th, 2007 at 10:43pm

Interesting thoughts Dave.
To (1) and (2): Open, but with resonance- so it's finally again to find the right filter.
To (4): A broadband impedance matcher, the dream of every audio engineer. High impedance devices are good for sources which can't provide much current. Low impedance devices are good for sources which can provide sufficient amounts of current (low inertial impedance, like dynamic microphones). With the modern Op-Amps, you can have a very high impedance together with a high amplification, and up to 20kHz they are fairly stable as far as I know, above 20kHz it needs more and more effort. Now the backside is the noise. Since with high impedance you pick up lots of noise from any non-shielded connector attached to the input. As long as we don't know what kind of electric specifics those messages do have, we have to experiment with different impedance inputs.
To (5): So this is again either a feedback loop, or an overlay / mix (hm, or both). There are some digital devices like some audio delays which can record a short time and overlay this record with the new incoming signal in. The question then is the time of the recording parts. Could be any time, since we don't know much about the "tick"-length of spirit-thoughts.

Rondele and Recoverer: Yes, true, one of the main problems. When you imagine you're about to get such a device to work, and then some thousand spirits waiting to babble something into it, well, then forget it. So we need filtering. That means, the device has to be connected somehow to the intent of the physical contactor.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #12 - Oct 30th, 2007 at 2:30am

In my view, Bruce's quest to create such an EVP device should be studied as a variation of "the independent voice phenomena" generated or channeled by physical mediums such as Gladys Leonard, Leslie Flint, and Etta Wriedt.  George  Meek's famous use of "Spiricom" to record the "voice" of discarnate engineer, George Mueller, is a case in point.  Mueller seems to verify his alleged identity through a detailed series of revelations, including his academic credentials, places of study, awards, and even his social security number and sister's address.  Mueller warns that he will soon "progress" out of range and promises instructions on how to upgrade Spiricom for continued communications.  But Spiricom falls silent before any such upgrades can be created.  What gets overlooked about these experiments is this: Spiricom can only function with the aid of a medium named William O'Neil.  

In most other EVP cases, the voices strike me as either too unclear, brief enough to be the product of psychokinesis, or outright fraud.  The one exception is perhaps the earliest EVP case.  On Sept. 17, 1952, two priests were trying to upgrade tape recordings of Gregorian chant.  The wire kept breaking on their tape recorder and one of them, Father Gemelli, jokingly asked his deceased Dad for assistance.  When the tape was replayed, the chanting was gone and was replaced by his Dad's clearly understandable voice, reassuring him: "Of course, I'll help you.  I'm always with you."  The two priests sought and received an audience with Pope Pius XII to present their discovery.  The Pope suggested this EVPs might be developed  into "a new scientific discovery for confirming faith in the afterlife!" Of course, this EVP is not the result of a serious attempt to contact the deceased.

Don

IP Logged

the_seeker

Reply #13 - Oct 30th, 2007 at 2:49am

wow, what an INCREDIBLE thing that would be, to talk to the dead as easily as a live person!!!!!   even if you didn't know the dead person, you could look up the info on their past life and prove to yourself that the afterlife is real.  that knowledge is invaluable. 

as incredible as it would be, i'm very skeptical of any such thing existing in my lifetime... call me a pessimist...

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Oct 30th, 2007 at 6:54pm

Hi all  I think it's exciting for the future as even more will beleive in the spirit world,but my dad spoke to me and my brother and my sister on the phone after he died,so if spirit wanted ,i think that they could ring us instead,at least then they would get the person they really want to talk to,my dad had only been dead for two days when he rung us up and when he did ,i picked  up the phone and at first there was this eerie silence and then dad kept saying in a sort of trembled voice"ITS DAD,ITS DAD"and i called my brother to listen and he's not sure about spirit and when he heard  dad on the phone,he looked shocked and he told me and deanna to keep it from mum as she would have gone mad and  told us we were nuts,so we did not tell her.

Love and God bless   Love Juditha

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.