Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
What People Lose at Death (Read 52149 times)
DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: What People Lose at Death
Reply #60 - May 29th, 2007 at 9:35pm

There is a schism between what we are told by NDEs and mediums and what Dave and others have said about losing the ability to abstract.

In Bruce's explorations of Focus 27, he has found centers for learning, education and others, much like one would find in a university or library.  How exactly does one study if one can no longer think in abstract terms.  Concrete thinking misses much.

My own belief is that after a while in spirit, we interpret our surroundings and ideas in terms of spirit.  If certain earthly creations are not respresented there, there may be no way to incorporate those ideas/items in ones frame of reference without a body or physical plane.  Hence our ideas and communications with others in the physical plane may then be limited to certain ideas/concepts that are present in both planes.  This may, in part answer Don's question about why we don't get better verifications from the deceased.  If, in spirit, we evaluate our past earthly life at first, then, loose the bonds with it, and let it go, we may not feel compelled to tell a living person like Don factual information that could be confirmed on the earthly plane.  These earthly matters are somewhat based in the physical to begin with. 

Yet one still must look at a medium like George Anderson, or Leonore Piper and question how they get such a "normal" detailed conversation with the deceased, even years after they passed over?  Are they, as Don suggested, accessing the "universal record," and not truly communicating with the deceased?  And why are they so chatty with mediums but not with us?

Perhaps further exploration through TMI and other efforts will yield more information on these matters.

Matthew

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #61 - May 29th, 2007 at 11:57pm

Hi Doc- When you dream, you use primary functions, just as when you live in any other world in which the spirit is awake, but the body is not being used. Some of us have "lucid dreams" in which we are presented with the immediacy of an event. Now watch what happens when we're awake - First the event occurs. Next we prehend it as it is in and of itself. (Primary) Then we interpret and evaluate. (reaction). Finally we cast into terms of other ideas in an interpretive manner., (secondary) - Hang onto that sequene for a moment and consider what happens when we try to make love but spend the time focussing on interpretations of what we are doing. "Spectatoring" in that manner is the primary cause of primary anorgasmia.  To make love is a primary process activity, and needs absolutely no secondary thought. That does not detract from the pleasure - in fact, I'd say that it adds, since it eliminates the intermediate efforts to capture the ineffable nature of the experience.

Anyway - the "sound of silence" state is the first major permanent attainment of meditation. Once attained, the mind does not operate as an abstract observer, but rather interacts at the point of experience. Afterwards we can analyze it - and unfortunately, our ability to handle abstractions is pretty poor. Thus, we lose something that was there when all we did was to have the experience. And if we try to "explainb" it to someone else, things really get mucked up.

Alyssia- - you understand what I'm trying to say, and doubtless agree that we lack adequate words for the task. However, I'm trying to deal with normal psychic states, not psychotic ones. But the latter are always the product of conflicted primary factors - interesting that you picked up on that.

I on't see whay you would be denied entry into psychology. That's a major ripoff!!  - I mean, it's not like my efforts to get into Girl Scouts - whether singly or in groups - But there may be a parallel hidden there anyhow, considering that you got screwed anyway, so to say.

What you refer to as "like suffering" is what I express as "regret" - or pretty close. It's a gut-level sensation, and I'm glad that for you it turned you to love. In my case, the example that comes to mind is the girl friend who got herself preggers (obviously I didn't have anything to do with it) and desiired an abortion. I based a sense of security and happoiness on her not being PG anymore, and (without admission of gult nor responsibility) I bought her an abortion. The nextday a big billborad went up right across fro my apartment: "Abortion Is Murder" - including a picture of a test tube of fetal remanants. Meditation then too me to a place where I idnetified with my decision, and could see that I had predicated my life on the death of the fetus, plus a sense that I was the fetus, and the implication by direct association that I had thus killed myself. The next few hours brought me the experience of being the star attraction of a D&C, disposal into a trash compactor, and somekind of incineration or some such. I stayed sane primarily by telling God to do whatever was needed so that I wouldn't cause more problems.

Don - I honestly tend to believe that past life regressions are valid. BUT I have no basis except my own personal recollections on which to base that opinion. Some people I've regressed were pro-active, and some were re-active in their lives. It seems that everybody is more or less the same. Those who cling to abstract reasoning tend to be earthbound, because they are typically frightened that if they stop analyzing, they'll stop existing. (Making love etc is proof that this isn't true.)

The biggest problem is that we're dealing with a second hand recollection of inexpressable experienceas. No hard data. No first order data. Everything is abstracted to death. It's like doing psychoanalysis on people caught in their own BSTs - like Bruce's tank driver, for example. - Incidently, notice that the tank driver was greeted joyfully by his comrades - secondary abstractions seem not to be necessary when we have direct miond-to-mind connections.

The flip side of that is that wthout secondary functions we lack interpretive ability for many things. I have a vast array of what looks like Japanese Kanji ideographs that scrolls by me in meditation - and I have no idea at all what it means. I also have a bunch of Egyptian hieroglyphs that occasionally appear, and again, I can't make out the meaning. - Maybe that's the primary process psychotic state that Alyssia was mentioning - aka "Duh?"

d

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #62 - May 30th, 2007 at 1:31am

Doc asked:  And why are they so chatty with mediums but not with us?
___

from what I've gathered, the slightest bit of doubt on the part of the receiver station sets up static. Even mediums produce static, so how much more so a person who doesn't practice mediumship.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #63 - May 30th, 2007 at 1:57am

Dave said: I on't see whay you would be denied entry into psychology. That's a major ripoff!!  - I mean, it's not like my efforts to get into Girl Scouts - whether singly or in groups - But there may be a parallel hidden there anyhow, considering that you got screwed anyway, so to say.
___

ahh, I was attempting humor Dave. sorry.
I thought I was funny Roll Eyes  the story was I went to a college career counselor and discovered through him the psychology field was so glutted with would be fix it type persons that soon everybody would be trying to fix somebody else and nobody would get paid for it. and so I let him dissuade me and became a happy contemplative. ultimately I'm from a another planet where nothing ever needs fixing so I got lucky I didn't take up psychology.
_____
sorry to confuse things with the psychotic reference I made as a sort of afterthought. I should probably explain what I was thinking better.
I was thinking of how primary thing you are talking about, relates to a belief system, which in turn relates to a computer type brain, which in turn relates to how a person, we can label them psychotic, will commit a crime from a mentality place where they will later say "I don't remember what happened." I called it an altered state.

upon transition into death, there can occur temporarily a state of amnesia. this I conjecture, I only speak for the nearest experience I experienced, plus some retrievals I did. and I think we have it figured out on this thread that being in physical body, our consciousness is divided into segments, concerned with body functions which on the other side there is no events into segmented time slots, such as eating, defecating, driving to work, driving home, so we can agree it is vastly "different" to be relieved of all body and livlihood responsibilities.
this state of affairs is enough to spend many hours of contemplation on but we will not agree necessarily nor immediately what its like.

I would only say its vastly important to gather as much knowledge about the states of consciousness, the different levels, to get one's priorities, desires in place before exiting physical area as what we think now becomes reality there.
the amnesia then can be bypassed entirely, the life review can be done while you are still alive.
Dave said: "sound of silence" state is the first major permanent attainment of meditation. Once attained, the mind does not operate as an abstract observer, but rather interacts at the point of experience.
___

this statement above is a gem. and now I shall go and be silent.
and I promise the next time I make a joke Dave, I am going to make sure you know it's a joke.

love you all (most of the time) alysia

IP Logged

augoeideian

South Africa
Re: What People Lose and gain at Death
Reply #64 - May 30th, 2007 at 3:52am

Hi

Dave rightly refers to the process of primary state in sleeping
Quote:
When you dream, you use primary functions, just as when you live in any other world in which the spirit is awake, but the body is not being used.

In truth we die every night (on a mini-scale) and experience our spiritual state as we do when our physical bodies leave us.  This is most probably why our past life review is relatively short because every night in our sleep we review the days happenings from a spiritual point of view in connection with the people we were in contact with during the day.  This is deep sleep.  Lucid dreaming is our inner thoughts becoming alive outside of us and our emotions and thoughts attached to the day events becoming alive in this state.  As discussed previously though there are many levels to dreaming and one cannot attach too much meaning to them without acknowledging they are expressions of our inner thoughts.  It is the deep sleep stage where most of our primary state would take place.  Here it also good to contemplate the microcosm in the macrocosm.

Albert
Quote:
I've found that my basic moral structure stays alive during a dream. If I consider a particular kind of activity inappropriate while in the physical, I'm likely to find it inappropriate during a dream. I've found that unfavorable tendencies I haven't let go of completely will manifest in a dream, even though for the most part I prevent them from manifesting in the physical.

I really enjoyed everything you wrote Albert, it is true there is moral structure (just the fact we die every night is moral in preparation for our final leaving so there are no surprises and shocks – God in his infinite wisdom in Creation looks after everyone of us)

Also the facts of afterlife need to be told (as Steiner does) without emotion or mysticism but we add our colour and degrees to the experience.  For example; the fact is ‘today is Wednesday’ that is a fact but your Wednesday and my Wednesday have unique meaning for us.  For example; my Wednesday today is a crisp blue sky, there’s lovely warmth from the sun and the birds are singing.

Matthew
Quote:
But I will not buy into this idea that most spirits lose their ability to reason or be what we consider to be rational, thinking creatures.  Cogito ergo sum.  I think therefore I am.   My thoughts while presented in the physical plane do not arise from there now, and hence when I pass away from the physical, these thoughts should still find expression, even the abstract ones.

I think Dave explained the primary thinking state quite well and if we look at; there is a present in the soul after death (and during sleep) like a willing or desiring feeling-life, or a will-life that is wholly imbued with feeling.  Feeling is more similar to one’s experience of willing.  The soul, besides developing self-awareness now begins to experience itself through an empowering and strengthening of its life of willed feeling and feeling-imbued will.  Willingly through feeling becomes our thinking in the primary state.  Quite a difficult concept to grasp but if we look at OBE we see it is our feeling (very close to thought) which becomes our will in traveling in our of body state.

Matthew
Quote:
In Bruce's explorations of Focus 27, he has found centers for learning, education and others, much like one would find in a university or library.

We do live in a / our spiritual country for a long time with our spiritual family / group (we live with our group in like attracts like, although it is not random through pre-destination) The spiritual countries (planetary spheres) have buildings and home and gardens and occupations.  We dwell here when we go through our second death which is the falling away of our etheric and astral bodies.

Matthew
Quote:
This may, in part answer Don's question about why we don't get better verifications from the deceased.

Alysia
Quote:
from what I've gathered, the slightest bit of doubt on the part of the receiver station sets up static. Even mediums produce static, so how much more so a person who doesn't practice mediumship.

Our spiritual family does come to us; it is a very subtle process which needs fine tuning.  First sending and thinking about them with love and dignity clears the waves.  Information received from a higher source is integrated with the daily mind, flows through it and uses what it has.  A state where it becomes another separate being is not needed, and in fact is a sign that lower subconscious forces are at work. Information from such sources must always be suspect: truth is mixed with half-truths and no truth at all.

This is the on-going channeling discussion.

Dave
Quote:
What you refer to as "like suffering" is what I express as "regret" - or pretty close. It's a gut-level sensation,

It is good to release self-punishment.  There is nothing worse than fear, worry or anxiety which causes blockages not only in physical health but in clear communication with the spiritual world through our conscious waking mind.

When we look at the after life state of looking back and realizing we could have done more (this happens before our second death) it is a very important stage in creating self-awareness through feeling.  It is not meant to be seen as punishment although we can see karma working in this stage.  Karma happens for a reason.

It is said before our second death we leave our bag of karma at the Moon (for the Moon is the arrival into earth and departure from Earth) and go home.  When we incarnate into our next life we pick up our bag of karma left there at the Moon.

Well, my notes and still being a student each day is a learning day.

Smiley

&&

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #65 - May 30th, 2007 at 7:56am

Very interesting Augo,

I still think we have to account for our ability to think and reason in the afterlife.  I do agree that we may perceive things in thought more directly/emotionally, however this is NOT to say that it is without intelligence.  This is my objection to the complete loss of the ability to abstract concepts after death.  I believe that our ability to reason survives death, but that the vocabulary changes because much of our abstractions on earth deal with earthly sensory input.  

I found three passages from Swedenborg's writings, which I feel are very much on topic for this discussion, and go toward explaining my point that abstract thinking may be found in the spiritual world:

The first sets up his philosophy -

"The first step in philosophy is to admit that the essence of being is knowable or intelligible. While the esse of a thing is in itself unknowable, its qualities are made manifest as 'essence.'14 Thus the essence of God is knowable as Divine love and Divine wisdom, thus as Divinely Human.15 But man's mind is finite, limited. What the Infinite and Eternal is in itself cannot be comprehended, for no finite idea can 'contain' the Infinite; yet by means of ideas abstracted from space and time it can be seen that a thing is although not what it is.16

There is an absolute Truth which, being infinite, is above human or angelic comprehension, yet must be the source and origin of all perception. This Divine truth, in its proceeding, is the same in all creation, in all substance and in all phenomena - and thus represents itself in matter and in spirit, in nature and in mind. The essence of material things is represented to our minds in terms of sensations of space, time, and motion, and can be evaluated only by these. The physical reality of a thing-in-itself can be attested only by experience, scientific analysis, and checked research, which thus become the criteria of natural actualities. Nature represents the Divine truth which operates therein as laws of order.

The essence of spiritual things is represented to our minds in terms of states - as moods and emotions and thoughts, or as goods and truths and perceptions of use. The reality or essence of spiritual things can be estimated only by the experiences of the mind which sees its own phenomena (or noumena) to be independent of, and antithetical to, physical phenomena and their causal sequences. In the Word, the Divine truth regarding spiritual things is revealed as sequences of spiritual causes and spiritual effects, represented correspondentially in the letter and formally in doctrine; and the Word is therefore the criterion of all spiritual truth.

There is no absolute or "pure" human truth." 17 In both worlds the essence of the thing-in-itself is knowable so far as it can be inferred from its results and qualities. But the perceiving intellect is limited (even as are the senses of both men and angels), and is disturbed in its functions by the affections of the will and by the fact that the media of perception may be lacking, wholly or in part. This accounts for errors of sense, information, and judgment. Since the will motivates the understanding, a true philosopher must not only have a love of truth for the sake of truth, but have modesty and a love of Deity.18 Yet so long as men debate whether a thing is so, they cannot advance into anything of wisdom.19"

Matthew
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2007 at 12:50pm by DocM »  

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #66 - May 30th, 2007 at 1:01pm

The spirit beings I communicate with have no problem thinking in abstract terms. In fact, it is clear that their ability to think far surpasses my ability to think. It is obvious that as opposed to seeing things to the limited extent in which I see things, they see all levels. When I ask a question, they can immediately respond by providing me with a detailed short waking dream that has all the details that are required in order to make the point/points they are trying to make. Therefore, eventually, I believe that each Soul comes to a point where it can think as clearly as it wants and remember whatever it wants.

Regarding what Robert Bruce wrote, there are some things he has shared which shows me that he isn't a man of perfect discrimination. Regarding what Emanuel Swedenborg wrote, I recently checked out four of his books from the library, and after reading a little I stopped doing so, because some of his viewpoints are hard to believe. For example, in heaven and hell, he writes that when a male and female get married they merge as one, the male spirit takes on the role of intellect, and the female takes on the role of volition. In another book he writes about how Jewish people end up in a realm that is knee deep in mud. If you go into their house you find that it smells really foul. I know it isn't fair to judge after reading so little, but sometimes after you read a few things that sound preposterous, you have to wonder if it's worth the effort.

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #67 - May 30th, 2007 at 1:58pm

At this point. it seems that we all have more or less fixed ideas, wherever obtained, which await discovery in the future. Perhaps a more fruitful approach would be to look for the minimal functions expected in the spirit world.

My experience in meditation is that I have, as a meditator, more capability to be aware and understand, then when I'm dreaming. Lucid moments of dreaming seem to be the exception, and bring an acute awareness, but still of the immediate situation.

Piaget attempted to define the transition between pre-operational function at birth, and fully abstract logic.  Perhaps the issue is the notion of "abstraction". Concrete operations, using Piaget's sense of the term, imply that all we can do is shuffle immediate sense data. That is certainly not the limit. On the other hand, to view something as defined by some kind of abstract implications, such as the ratiocinations by which I try to justify immoral things I've done on the basis of some long and involved chain of reasoning, that always falls apart, and concrete terms prevail.

As Caryn says, our basic morality seems to stays with us in sleep, which is a concrete connection. Being in this state, or an equivalent with eyes open, a fair percentage of the time, I sense relationships slightly differently than I used to. When I am with other women who might be willing to engage in a little hanky-panky, the association I sense is that this would negate my relationship with my wife. This is an absolute negation, either-or, no possible way to abstract a compromise. That's the sense I get with respect to all moral imperatives, and I call it non-abstract, and I sense the logic to be based outside of myself, not where I can manipulate and bend it. Maybe there's a better term that would communicate what's happening more clearly.

Incidently, the same kind of logic seems to govern the mental operations of drug users, which is why drugs (which actually seem to block certain functions) can lead into states equivalent to meditation, especially if augmented by standard meditative methods. It also suggests a reason why people who take drugs sense a "different kind of mental operation" or a "different reality", even though nothing has been altered externally.

Alysia - I recognize your humor - but can't resist responding in kind. That leads to a totally useless conversation, but it's fun. Having gone through the usual academic process, I'd be inclined to say that people go into the area of study that makes them feel most secure. Psychologists are all bonkers, sociologists are typically sociopathic, philosophers are long winded and confused, political scientists talk a lot and say nothing, and so on. Maybe you just weren't sufficiently dysfunctional to get people to believe that you needed a psych degree to fulfill yourself.

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #68 - May 30th, 2007 at 3:09pm

thanks Doc, heres the part I focused on from ES: a true philosopher must not only have a love of truth for the sake of truth, but have modesty and a love of Deity.18 Yet so long as men debate whether a thing is so, they cannot advance into anything of wisdom.19"
____

it is my thought that the title of this thread is misleading us: It should be "What people gain at Death." Not what people lose at death.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #69 - May 30th, 2007 at 3:20pm

Albert,

I'll have to find the passages where you feel Swedenborg disparages Jews or women - I don't believe that to be the case, but he was, afterall human, and perhaps prone to bias as anyone.  He did leave room for non-christians to enter heaven - so this was a big leap for anyone who lived in his time.  I bet Don would have a better answer about this.

Dave, I think we are starting to agree, that when in spirit, the ability to communicate and understand things which were based on an understanding of the physical/sensory world may be lost.  This may be different than saying that we are not able to think/reason in the abstract.  I plan to post two more Swedeborgian passages that I think solve the puzzle of what we lose at death shortly.

Matthew

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #70 - May 30th, 2007 at 3:23pm

Dave said: Alysia - I recognize your humor - but can't resist responding in kind. That leads to a totally useless conversation, but it's fun. Having gone through the usual academic process, I'd be inclined to say that people go into the area of study that makes them feel most secure. Psychologists are all bonkers, sociologists are typically sociopathic, philosophers are long winded and confused, political scientists talk a lot and say nothing, and so on. Maybe you just weren't sufficiently dysfunctional to get people to believe that you needed a psych degree to fulfill yourself. 
_____

I see your point Dave, but I also see the divinity in man above and beyond the confusion, the saying nothing, the talking a lot, the bonkers, the sociopathic, the long winded, all of these statements are negating our divinity, our purposes and our love for one another. I submit that nothing said here, whether it's an attempt at humor or perceived as pointless or useless is still us, and we are all god. god likes to have fun. anyone see JC with a smile on his face? I do.
that all aside, if we continue as we are here, we will surely have some revelations to chew on as we are all adding to this stew.
My friend Gordon Phinn has joined us and I have it from the god of my being, he can add something to the conversation board as well.
as a matter of fact, I have something else to add to this fascinating thread regarding the abilities we have to reason once out there and so I can say empathically, at least speaking for myself, we can retain all our facilities either in obe, or permanently transited from physical senes..same thing anyway.
I have delivered lectures out there and retained the gist of them while not retaining them word for word and slowly this ability can even be mastered as more memory is retained.
also was able to make a decision out there which entails the use of yay or nay, a reasoning process.

if this silly goofus who likes to joke around can do it, I don't see why anyone can't retain all their faculties, personality, loves and dislikes, etc. out of body.

carry on, it gets better, I promise.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #71 - May 30th, 2007 at 3:42pm

Doc:

I didn't write that Emanuel disparaged women.  I wrote that in "Heaven and Hell" he states that when a male and female Soul marry, they become one, the male intellect takes over, and the female intellect goes into subsidance. I find this hard to believe. It goes against everything else I've found to be true. I believe that our Souls are neither male or female or both.

Regarding what he wrote about Jewish people, it doesn't come from Heaven and Hell. I returned the books to the library so I'm not certain what book he stated this in, but it was either in "The true Christian religion" or "Angelic wisdom concerning the divine." Probably the first. If you like I can check the book out again and share the section that relates. I read this section more than once in order to be certain, and he clearly wrote that Jewish people end up living in a squalid place. My feeling is that if a person is open to the love of God, he or she will make it to heaven quite fine. Regarding how Christ fits into the picture, there are all kinds of things spirits find out about after they cross over that they didn't know about before doing so. If a spirit has love in its heart, I believe heaven will be an experience of rejoicing about what is or isn't true, not a matter of, "Well, that doesn't fit into how I believe things should be." One time when I got too hard core on this forum my guidance told me: "You make us sound like a bunch of dictators."

DocM wrote on May 30th, 2007 at 3:20pm:
Albert,

I'll have to find the passages where you feel Swedenborg disparages Jews or women - I don't believe that to be the case, but he was, afterall human, and perhaps prone to bias as anyone.  He did leave room for non-christians to enter heaven - so this was a big leap for anyone who lived in his time.  I bet Don would have a better answer about this.

Dave, I think we are starting to agree, that when in spirit, the ability to communicate and understand things which were based on an understanding of the physical/sensory world may be lost.  This may be different than saying that we are not able to think/reason in the abstract.  I plan to post two more Swedeborgian passages that I think solve the puzzle of what we lose at death shortly.

Matthew

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #72 - May 30th, 2007 at 4:03pm

Doc pasted this for us from ES: interesting.

quote: The first step in philosophy is to admit that the essence of being is knowable or intelligible. While the esse of a thing is in itself unknowable, its qualities are made manifest as 'essence.'14 Thus the essence of God is knowable as Divine love and Divine wisdom, thus as Divinely Human.15 But man's mind is finite, limited. What the Infinite and Eternal is in itself cannot be comprehended, for no finite idea can 'contain' the Infinite; yet by means of ideas abstracted from space and time it can be seen that a thing is although not what it is.16

____

I'm just taking this in chuncks Doc, as if I were to condense all the thoughts on this thread, it would take me 1,000 years probably!

I find no disagreement with what I read above, as a matter of fact I owe Don an apology for saying he ruined ES for me..hehehe. sorry, you were right Don, I am cheeky but you made me that way. Smiley

When the above says "no finite idea can contain the infinite"
this should be apparent as true. it's elementary, its the basis of TMI's phrases and focus levels. C1 is the limited finite mind.  this is us, wearing an idea around like a piece of clothing. the process to infinite mind is a process of remembering who we are, bit by bit.
this takes preparation to accept the truth.

I simply submit C1 is temporary station. an experience within physicality for the sheer purpose of that existence, that lifetime of experiences as an individual who does want that life, even if they do not realize they do want this life and to gain mastery within that life. mastery over appetites, and how to create our realities for all, not just our own little world.

I am looking at the idea of being plugged into infinite mind 24/7. A constant stream of info/energy. now, this is not an objective.
this goes back to the concept of PUL. of course no one wants to talk about it, as where is PUL?  Unless you define yourself as that, as PUL, you won't be seeing much of it.
As my friend GP says, he is totally right on, no one gets to heaven, unless they figure they deserve it.

so get rid of the guilt. speaking of abortions, to somebody here, I had one. I have absolutely no guilt over this. I did not come here to breed. I spoke with the soul in question and my son was fine with my decision, knowing the circumstances were wrong for his entrance.
I'm not speaking for anyone else. its a decision for each to make and not to be taken lightly, but in order to live with yourself, you have to carefully consider everything so you can live with yourself without wanting to stick a gun to your head and get it over quickly.

once you get on the other side its easier to see all sides of an argument, but just because we gain an expanded view from over there, is no reason to put off the work we have to here to expand our minds in this level of C1 and theres no reason you can't relax into the journey instead of making it like a grueling task.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #73 - May 30th, 2007 at 4:35pm

Albert said: Regarding what Emanuel Swedenborg wrote, I recently checked out four of his books from the library, and after reading a little I stopped doing so, because some of his viewpoints are hard to believe. For example, in heaven and hell, he writes that when a male and female get married they merge as one, the male spirit takes on the role of intellect, and the female takes on the role of volition.
________

Albert I had to go to the dictionary for "volition."  I don't know about these statements either, I think they need much greater scrutiny, they seem incomplete.

speaking just off the top of my cranium, there's only a few men I've met personally who could keep up with me intellectually. I have to rely on archtypes for guidance there.
as for the definition of "volition" and speaking as a woman, my polarity choice in this lifetime only, the definition went like this: noun:   the act of making a choice (Example: "Followed my father of my own volition")

it can be said in marriage between opposite polarities love of the highest order entails a desire to please. yet its beyond that aways. man and woman surrender to each other their respective egos and do merge. she is receptive in that regard, he is active in leading in his spirit. it has nothing to do with who's boss if they are in Oneness, like is described above.

in general, we are not at that high of an evolutionary standard.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #74 - May 30th, 2007 at 4:50pm

may I be excused from being funny?  I just read Doc's post of ES:

its not that I disagree, ES appears to have very balanced perspective and all, but the only consensus I gained from it, unless Doc can show me something new, what I got out of it is that no matter how much college credits you have gained, you are at risk of losing your common sense if you rely on your scholastic training apart from spirit.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.