Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Constant skepticism vs faith & Yeshua's words/life (Read 20282 times)
SourceLover2
Ex Member

Constant skepticism vs faith & Yeshua's words/life
May 18th, 2017 at 2:37pm

Now a days, some sources--most connected to The Monroe Institute in some way or another, talk a lot about the extreme importance of a concept that goes like:  You always have to remain open minded and skeptical no matter what.  I perceive this as partially helpful and constructive, if it's not taken too far.
     Yes, it is very important that one should use and apply their discrimination and discernment, especially when it comes to outside sources of info that set themselves up as authority, truth, or the like.  For example, Albert and I have come to discern/discriminate that a few popular or well known sources out there, aren't all they're cracked up to be.
    Part of this, is because we are humble enough to understand, that we don't always get things correctly when perceiving from our conscious, personality mind level.  Hence, we go within and appeal to sources wiser and more aware than ourselves.  It is these that have given us clear heads up about some of these outside sources. 
        The whole scientist, and have to remain always completely skeptical, but open minded thing, can become a limiting BELIEF SYSTEM itself.  It can also be motivated out of fear. What fear?  The fear of being wrong or looking like a fool in others eyes.
      Here, I'll give a clear example:  Say you're meditating a lot and attuning to guidance a lot. Generally, you're getting a lot of verification. Say you keep asking guidance about Earth changes and timing in relation to same.  Say you think you got, or you did get information, but turns out either the information or you were really off the mark. 
     Well, the embarrassment and ego pang of such an experience, and other experiences, might overly incline someone, especially if already cautious and intellectually oriented to thinking/believing in a way that can go too far, about HAVING to always be skeptical and question everything.
    Hence, ultimately, unconscious ego and fear is behind that approach and the eventual over-development of an extremist expression of it.  Or in other words, it goes from being helpful/constructive, to becoming limiting
     Let's look at Yeshua's life and teachings for a moment in clear contrast. Do we think that Yeshua told himself constantly, "Well, I have to be skeptical of everything, all the time, and not believe in anything?"  Or did he constantly think to self, "Man, what if I'm completely deluded about being this prophesied messiah figure?????"
     I think he may have thought about it some in a doubtful way, but with all the experiences that his parents had, all his own clear guidance messages, etc, that at some point, he decided to completely banish all doubt and go with what he knew on a deep, intuitive, knowing level.
    In actuality, Yeshua teaches and speaks a lot about faith and belief and the importance of these. After he resurrects, one of his disciples, Thomas says that because he has not yet seen Yeshua with his own eyes, he would not believe what others were telling him until he puts his hand in his side, yadayada. 
     Then when he does meet Yeshua in the flesh, Yeshua full well knowing Thomas's previous remarks/feelings, quips, "“Now that you have seen me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen me and have believed.”  There were some deep lessons for Thomas here and his over skepticism that was based in fear.  Doubting Thomas indeed.
      One truth I am certain above all others, is that Yeshua is more awake, aware, etc than myself or any human that I have met.    Hence why I look to him as my primary teacher besides my own Expanded self level. 
     So we have The Monroe Institute and connected folks, and we have Yeshua, whom was Love personified.  Which one of these, would it make the most pragmatic sense to listen to most?  I might argue, that a BALANCE and integration of both could be helpfully struck. 
     Now, I might go to another forum or the like where skepticism is repeated like a mantra over and over again, becoming naught but an empty belief system, but having been to some of these places, I would know, the moment you start questioning their holy Teachers of Teachers, that one would be banned quite quickly from those places. Hmmm, the ironyWink   Grin 

IP Logged

TheDonald

ALK Member

Re: Constant skepticism vs faith & Yeshua's words/life
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2017 at 5:05pm

Several years ago, I had a lucid dream in which I performed a retrieval of Janet, an ex-girlfriend who had recently committed suicide.  This retrieval was very cathartic for me because I felt guilt and sadness for breaking up with her a couple of years prior.  During the retrieval dream I had absolutely no doubt that the retrieval was real.

3 years ago, my Dad died rather suddenly and my brother and I couldn't get there (Kelowna, BC)  before he passed.  Then last year he showed up in a lucid dream and we went for a long walk during which I was able to express my love for him.  During that dream I was certain the contact was genuine.

But in both cases, I later reluctantly came to the conclusion that neither dream was real; rather, both were expressions of unconscious wish fulfillment.  "Why would you do that to yourself?"  you might ask.  Actually, it wasn't a choice; my skepticism just dawned on me very gradually. 

Still, I have often asked myself why and the answer, I think, is twofold. (1)  The happy postmortem survival of my Dad and Janet is far more important to me than my deep need to be reassured about their actual current state.  So when I feel internal pressure to believe something wonderful but irrational, I automatically push back with skepticism, awaiting convincing verification. 
(2) Secondly, I have learned how convincing many lucid dreams can be because the people and events in them, though clearly fictional, behave so convincingly beyond my conscious creative input. 

I am convinced that the starting point for true wisdom is knowing clearly what you don't know and honestly acknowledging that uncomfortable uncertainty.  The spiritual belief systems of many people blur the line between certain intuitive knowledge about spiritual experiences and odd coincidences that promote wishful thinking in the interests of a more logically coherent world view.  My skepticism about many of my experiences has the effect of making my indubitable paranormal revelations all the more sacred and precious.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #2 - May 18th, 2017 at 5:26pm

Don:

It might be a mistake to conclude that no lucid dreams provide information, simply because your lucid dreams didn't provide information.

The other day I wanted to tell my sister about a dream my Mom had, and she just would not listen. Why? Because she doesn't even want to remember her own dreams, because on more than one occasion she has had a dream of something bad taking place, and that something actually happened. She is not the only person that has such dreams.

I've received information that could be verified later.

On the other hand, I've had dreams where it wasn't appropriate to take what was said literally. The dreams served another purpose. As with all things, one needs to use one's discrimination.

Consider a dream Justin had. He was told that instead of going to Bruce Moen for information,  he should go see [].   He thought this meant me. At a later date he met me in person, and I looked like the person he saw in the dream.

I don't mean to state that Justin should see me as his teacher. Not at all.  It is more of a matter of his path being more like mine, than like Bruce's.

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 18th, 2017 at 6:10pm

Skepticism from an astrological symbolism perspective:  The symbols I most associate with skepticism are Mercury and Saturn.  Mercury symbolizes and relates to, in general, the intellectual, left brain, linear logical side of us. Our conscious minds.
   I've noticed that people with very powerful Mercury in their charts, tend to have a good amount of some kind of yellow and/or tan color.  If it's linked to a very strong Sun at the same time, usually it's more towards the rare, "golden yellow" shades, which are faster vibratory and more infused with White Light that relates to PUL.
   Mercury, all in all, relates to the more positive side of skepticism, which is the necessary grounding balance of the left brain, logic type pattern, on the receptive/receiving right brain. 
     Saturn and skepticism: Saturn relates more to the fear based aspect or level of skepticism.  Mercury desires clarity and truth for the sake of same.  These are inherently important to Mercury. 
     Saturn on the other hand, is very "socially conscious".  Saturn is very related to not only fear in general, but especially one's self image in relation to "what will others think" ego type fear/worry. 
       Let's use a more concrete example.  Say you were born with Mercury in Capricorn, closely opposed Saturn in Cancer.  Mercury in Capricorn, is already careful, methodical, cautious, deliberate, and fairly grounded.  Cancer is a Sign that tends strongly towards self protection and defensiveness, especially emotionally.   
      Saturn in Cancer, would only highlight that pattern.  But what happens when you take Capricorn Mercury + Cancer Saturn in a powerful, direct aspects, it = a mind that has a strong pattern and tendency to be VERY worried and concerned about being accurate and correct in general, and especially in relation to one's socially oriented self image. A very strong concern and attachment to being perceived as accurate or well thought of in the mental sense.
     If a more mature Soul is born with such a pattern/indication, they probably will channel it mostly constructively, and the Love they attune to and become aware of, can help over-ride some of the less positive, possible expressions.  But, chances are, they will very strongly tend towards the a mental approach of skepticism, and at times, probably too much so. 
     Here is a link talking a little more about Saturn in a more holistic way:
http://afterlife-knowledge.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1495135766 ;

As I basically said earlier, I think faith needs to be balanced with skepticism and skepticism balanced out with faith.  Faith is more innate Love attuned and not concerned with self image, and is ready to dive in where Angels fear to tread. Faith is standing up on a cliff, looking down into the water, jumping off knowing you will be ok. Where there is a lack of self focus and consciousness, there tends to be positive faith tendencies and expression. 
     This is the faith aspect that Yeshua focused on, and for a reason.  He knew that his Piscean Age, would morph into a very intellectually polarized time period/cycle, and his messages about faith, were not just for the people around or his times, but for also for this future time of intellectual polarization.
      Astrologically, the concept of faith relates most to the Planet Jupiter.  A good counter balance to over Mercury Saturn attunement, especially if it become non constructive, is that of Jupiter.  For example, take that same Mercury in Capricorn position and instead of combining with a powerful aspect to Saturn in Cancer, you combine with a very close trine to Jupiter in Virgo. 
    This would indicate a much more balanced and positively faith informed kind of mind set and approach.  You have the natural skepticism, depth, penetration, and groundedness of Capricorn, but combined with the very expanded, positive, very intuitive, more Love/Universal Consciousness that Jupiter represents.
     Jupiter's "dark side" is that of "over doing", usually of that which is positive otherwise.  Capricorn Mercury here, would lend a necessary balance to faith filled Jupiter, and vice versa Jupiter would balance out the limiting tendencies of Capricorn Mercury.
      I tend to like to look at conditions and patterns very holistically.  Astrology might be a new language to some here, and not familiar, but it can really help one to become more conscious to that which tends to be unconscious in life, others, and/or self. Besides going within and contacting positive Guidance and meditation in general, I would say astrology is one of the most potent ways to be able to peer into the unconscious and/or shadow side of self and/or others. 
      I did full charts from age 16 to 26 or so for others. It has always amazed me, and though it's not much of a focus anymore, it's still interesting to look at things from this "multi-leveled consciousness symbolism language". It powerfully reminds me constantly, of how One everything truly is.
    Astrology is like a combo of microscope and telescope into the larger Universe of Consciousness. Course, like anything language related, your ability to perceive and interpret matters a lot in it's degree of helpfulness.

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 18th, 2017 at 6:11pm

Agreed Albert.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #5 - May 18th, 2017 at 9:05pm

Justin, faith can be quite wise, and not as blind as some people might think.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #6 - May 18th, 2017 at 9:20pm

Don

Both my thoughts and experience mirror what you have described. In the early years of my out of body travels and lucid dreams, I had several experiences with deceased relatives, among other types of astounding experiences such as union with my Higher Self and past life mergers with alien-type beings, all which had me convinced that they genuine due to a feeling of "knowing." It wasn't until a few years later that I began to accept the fact that I in fact did not know for sure if these experiences were genuine, despite how real they seemed. I realized that I was actually being dishonest with myself, and that this feeling of "knowing" was little more than wishful thinking.

I also fooled myself into thinking that those experiences had any meaningful positive impact in my life. Looking back now, it's easy to see how deluded I was. Whatever intellectual knowledge I may have gained from them was entirely separate from how I actually lived my life. This is attested by the fact that the fruits that have already come from just a few months leading my new life in Christ are more than a decade of meditation, out of body experiences and new age teachings combined.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 18th, 2017 at 10:49pm

Recoverer 2 wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 9:05pm:
Justin, faith can be quite wise, and not as blind as some people might think.

Indeed.  As mentioned, I (and many other astrologer students) associate Jupiter the most with that kind of positive faith.  Cayce's guidance linked Jupiter to the next most expanded consciousness state/dimension in our little system of dimensions, second only to the Sun which is the fastest vibratory/most expanded. 

Some excerpts relating to Jupiter, for those who came in with experiences in the non physical dimension(s) that Jupiter symbolizes:

"In Jupiter we find the great ennobling influences, the broadmindedness, the ability to consider others, the universal consciousnesses that are part of the entity's unfoldment."  2890-2

"Jupiter has made for not only the high ennobling influence but the tendency for relationships that deal with large numbers of peoples." 189-3

"In the influences seen in Jupiter, makes for that in the entity's experience of gaining a lesson from every experience, and with the application of will may the the entity use such experience as a stepping-stone for development of self, as related to the making of self in a closer relationship to the fellow man, thus fulfilling that of divine force or power..."  99-6

Anyways, these are just a few examples.  Cayce's guidance often of linked Jupiter to themes, patterns, and tendencies of spiritual strength, Universal Consciousness, and ennobling tendencies. It's the bigness, the openness of heart which leads to faith.  And in that sense, the Sun is also linked to great faith, spiritual strength and lack of fear as well.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #8 - May 19th, 2017 at 2:11pm

Dude:

It would be delusional for you to conclude that other people get deluded about Disks and such, just because you got deluded. People can become deluded in more than one way.

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #9 - May 19th, 2017 at 2:35pm

It's kind of like that old saying, "to err is human..."  I might add that also "to be human is to be deluded to some extent, on some level, in some area." 
      There is no such thing as perfect perception if we're connected to a human body, and not fully connected to PUL and Source.  This recent situation showed me that perception can be a tricksy thing (especially in interaction with others).
       My very first impression before any, was that this person had been here before, which is why I asked them that early on.  Then because they told me they hadn't and because of what they were talking about skepticism, importance of lack of belief, etc, continually, and in the way they interacting, like they thought themselves wiser, more aware than me and others, led me to think it might be T.C.
    Before I meditated, I had a dream about the situation and the dream symbol figure, ended up surprising me by their distortion/lack of clarity in their vibe/essence and manner.   But having bought into a belief that someone led me down in a deceptive way, kept me from viewing them and the situation completely accurately. 
    The dream guidance was completely true, I just misinterpreted it based on preconceptions and believing another human. 
    Does this mean that from now on, I shouldn't trust my dream guidance because I garbled things a bit? No, I don't think so.  I think more than anything, I just need to focus on opening to Love more, and not be trusting of fellow humans.  It actually reinforced my previous view of trusting dreams more than meditation sought info, because the latter are easier to distort/garble. 
    When it comes to being human and perception, it's like the old saying, "you win some, you lose some".  Part of the trick is to be ok with "losing" being wrong sometimes. It's the human body ego side of us that HAS to be right at all costs. (and feels pangs when it's not.  I felt some of that briefly, to be honest.)
    I just came up with a saying, "He who never goes out on a limb, never falls, but rarely does he ever get to the top of the tree."  Parable for the topic. Ok, really going on a ALK vacay now. 

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #10 - May 19th, 2017 at 3:01pm

Justin, I also occasionally misinterpret some of the symbolic messages I receive.

The messages I receive while wide awake tend to be easier to decipher than dream messages.

Back to the faith thing we discussed a bit.

I'd say that in the past ten years or so I've had a few thousand meditations where at the beginning I prayed to God, Christ and the other beings of love and light that are close to me. I did this because my faith told me that they would respond to my prayer in a way that is appropriate for "ME," not in a way that is appropriate for someone else.

Without considering what you know about me, you would probably conclude that God etc. would respond to me in a way that is appropriate to me, because you have enough faith in God etc. to believe that they would respond in such a way.

As far as being fooled by false beings of light and such, no matter what such beings can radiate, there is no way they can use whatever techniques they use to radiate something that is comparable to God's love and vasteness.

If one has faith, one will understand that one has the ability to recognize when one actually receives God's divine love, and NOBODY but one's self can determine if one has experienced such a thing. For someone else to suggest that they know better than you, is arrogant.

Another point to consider is that when I meditate, I begin by tuning into my spirit self and the love that is there, and this plays a part in my connecting to a matching energetic level.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #11 - May 19th, 2017 at 4:18pm

Recoverer 2 wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 2:11pm:
Dude:

It would be delusional for you to conclude that other people get deluded about Disks and such, just because you got deluded. People can become deluded in more than one way.

Why would it be delusional to conclude that? Is it reasonable to assume that I was the first person ever to be deluded about such things, or that I will be the last? Please explain your logic.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

TheDonald

ALK Member

Reply #12 - May 19th, 2017 at 4:40pm

I Am Dude wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 9:20pm:
Don

Both my thoughts and experience mirror what you have described. In the early years of my out of body travels and lucid dreams, I had several experiences with deceased relatives, among other types of astounding experiences such as union with my Higher Self and past life mergers with alien-type beings, all which had me convinced that they genuine due to a feeling of "knowing." It wasn't until a few years later that I began to accept the fact that I in fact did not know for sure if these experiences were genuine, despite how real they seemed. I realized that I was actually being dishonest with myself, and that this feeling of "knowing" was little more than wishful thinking.

I also fooled myself into thinking that those experiences had any meaningful positive impact in my life. Looking back now, it's easy to see how deluded I was. Whatever intellectual knowledge I may have gained from them was entirely separate from how I actually lived my life. This is attested by the fact that the fruits that have already come from just a few months leading my new life in Christ are more than a decade of meditation, out of body experiences and new age teachings combined.

Yesterday, I attended a charismatic talk by a "cowboy preacher."  It was a nightmare for me because (1) his presentation was over an hour too long and (2) there was speaking in tongues and prophesying that I confidently discerned as contrived.  As I've mentioned on my Spirit Baptism thread, my lifelong discernment tells me that about 95% of such manifestations are bogus.  But the 5% that do seem genuine are so powerful, so life-changing that it is worth wading through the spurious to get to the genuine. 

God is using your spiritual journey to develop your gift of spiritual discernment.  That gift in turn will help you discover other authentic gifts of the Spirit (Read 1 Corinthians 12-14).  When you find the right faith community, you will find yourself exercising these new gifts.  Your OBE skills and explorations will serve as a useful foundation for the requisite intuition to exercise other gifts that will profoundly benefit you and other needy souls that God sends your way.  Maybe you'll even enter full-time ministry?  If so, count on my support for background material in sermon and teaching preparation.

Don

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #13 - May 19th, 2017 at 5:07pm

Dude:

Just as holocaust victims know more about the holocaust than people who believe the conspiracy theories that state that the holocaust never happened, the people who go through certain experiences know them better than you, a person who didn't have their experiences.

The fact of how you believe you are able to judge other people's experience better than them, shows that you have yet to develop discrimination.

You're showing about as much discrimination now, as when you came on this forum and said that the holocaust was a hoax.

I Am Dude wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 4:18pm:
Recoverer 2 wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 2:11pm:
Dude:

Why would it be delusional to conclude that? Is it reasonable to assume that I was the first person ever to be deluded about such things, or that I will be the last? Please explain your logic.

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #14 - May 19th, 2017 at 5:19pm

Don, separating the wheat from the chaff is, as you say, essential for getting to the truth. It's all about discernment.

The stories you've told are compelling evidence of the existence of the afterlife. Perhaps not the nature of the afterlife, that's something that's in a whole different league.

For the benefit of those who didn't hear your account of the Leonard story, I hope you can re-tell it. That was amazing!

Best,
R

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #15 - May 19th, 2017 at 5:31pm

Recoverer 2 wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 5:07pm:
Dude:

Just as holocaust victims know more about the holocaust than people who believe the conspiracy theories that state that the holocaust never happened, the people who go through certain experiences know them better than you, a person who didn't have their experiences.

You haven't answered my questions. I'll ask again.

Is it reasonable to assume that I was the first person ever to be deluded about such things, or that I will be the last?

If the answer to these questions is no, which it most likely is, then it is entirely logical to conclude that others may also be deluded about such things. Subjective experiences that rely solely on memories and are usually always colored by one's own beliefs can be very difficult to accurately interpret and understand. My previous post simply illustrates how one's interpretations of one's own experiences can change over time depending on the mind state and beliefs of the individual.

Notice how I haven't stated any absolutes. Please stop pretending that I have.

Also note I never said anyone else was delusional, but rather it was you who projected what I said about my own experience onto others. Seems like you're begging for a confrontation.

Quote:
The fact of how you believe you are able to judge other people's experience better than them, shows that you have yet to develop discrimination.

I never said this, nor do I think it. Please stop lying, it's not very befitting.

Quote:
You're showing about as much discrimination now, as when you came on this forum and said that the holocaust was a hoax.

Your compulsion to always make things personal is detrimental to this forum. Please stop or you will be reported and action will likely be taken.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #16 - May 19th, 2017 at 5:44pm

TheDonald wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 4:40pm:
Yesterday, I attended a charismatic talk by a "cowboy preacher."  It was a nightmare for me because (1) his presentation was over an hour too long and (2) there was speaking in tongues and prophesying that I confidently discerned as contrived.  As I've mentioned on my Spirit Baptism thread, my lifelong discernment tells me that about 95% of such manifestations are bogus.  But the 5% that do seem genuine are so powerful, so life-changing that it is worth wading through the spurious to get to the genuine. 

God is using your spiritual journey to develop your gift of spiritual discernment.  That gift in turn will help you discover other authentic gifts of the Spirit (Read 1 Corinthians 12-14).  When you find the right faith community, you will find yourself exercising these new gifts.  Your OBE skills and explorations will serve as a useful foundation for the requisite intuition to exercise other gifts that will profoundly benefit you and other needy souls that God sends your way.  Maybe you'll even enter full-time ministry?  If so, count on my support for background material in sermon and teaching preparation.

Don

I've been experiencing more synchronicities than usual as of late. Just yesterday I was listening to a sermon by one of my favorite preachers and realized that preaching the gospel may be one of the single most important and beneficial things one can do for humanity. I felt a longing to be able to bring such inspiration and clarity to others myself, to bring them to Christ, save them from an eternity in hell, and help them come to experience the supernatural peace and love that God's grace has brought me. I can't think of any line of work that is more honoring and glorifying to God. My love for God is growing and I'm feeling a calling to express His truth to others more and more.

If one day I make that decision, you'll be the first to know! I trust you'll leave me your contact details before departing from this forum.

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #17 - May 19th, 2017 at 5:48pm

Dude, I wish you all the best. God bless you in your spiritual journey.

R

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #18 - May 19th, 2017 at 5:52pm

rondele wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 5:48pm:
Dude, I wish you all the best. God bless you in your spiritual journey.

R

Thank you Rondele, that's very kind of you. May God bless you as well.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #19 - May 19th, 2017 at 6:46pm

Dude:

It doesn't make sense for you to speak of personal attacks, when you have no problem with suggesting that some of the beliefs of Bruce and others on this forum are demonic. Don't be a hypocrit.

I've had thousands of spiritual experiences, and I would be an utter fool to not believe in them, because of what you and Don experienced.

I spoke of faith earlier and about how I prayed to God and Christ thousands of times for guidance. If I have only been fooled, well then, what does that say about power of prayer?

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #20 - May 19th, 2017 at 7:08pm

Recoverer 2 wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 6:46pm:
Dude:

It doesn't make sense for you to speak of personal attacks, when you have no problem with suggesting that some of the beliefs of Bruce and others on this forum are demonic. Don't be a hypocrit.

Allow me to prove why your claim is false. Making a statement about a concept such as Discs is much different from making claims about a particular person's character. There is no hypocrisy in what I've said.

An example. If one makes the claim, "the New Age is deceptive," we should be able to discuss the evidence for or against this without bringing it to the level of making personal statements about the debaters (ad hominems), but unfortunately this is not the case on this forum.

Another example. Two people watch a magic show. One believes the magic is real, the other does not. A fruitful debate will involve discussing the evidence for each viewpoint. The wrong approach would be to call one another gullible fools.

Quote:
I've had thousands of spiritual experiences, and I would be an utter fool to not believe in them, because of what you and Don experienced.

No one has told you not to believe in what you've experienced. Again, I've only related my own experience. Please stop making my statements into that which they are not and were never intended to be.

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #21 - May 19th, 2017 at 7:20pm

Dude, if I may, let me suggest you ignore him. He and his sidekick are disruptive and contentious. They claim they are attuned to PUL and yet engage in ad hominen attacks and overall backbiting. They are blind to their own hypocrisy.

R

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #22 - May 19th, 2017 at 7:49pm

Recoverer 2 wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 6:46pm:

Guys,

For what it's worth, I completely agree with this statement.  I feel the same way about my own array of various experiences. 

I can't prove most of what I've experienced to anyone, and that's ok, because regardless of what anyone else believes, I believe in what I have experienced for myself.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #23 - May 19th, 2017 at 7:59pm

[/quote] QUOTE FROM DUDE:

Allow me to prove why your claim is false. Making a statement about a concept such as Discs is much different from making claims about a particular person's character. There is no hypocrisy in what I've said.

An example. If one makes the claim, "the New Age is deceptive," we should be able to discuss the evidence for or against this without bringing it to the level of making personal statements about the debaters (ad hominems), but unfortunately this is not the case on this forum.

Another example. Two people watch a magic show. One believes the magic is real, the other does not. A fruitful debate will involve discussing the evidence for each viewpoint. The wrong approach would be to call one another gullible fools.

No one has told you not to believe in what you've experienced. Again, I've only related my own experience. Please stop making my statements into that which they are not and were never intended to be.
[/quote] 

I also agree with this.  This forum is for discussion and I hope you all can settle down and get back to actual discussion.

The magic show analogy is a great one in and of itself, but also for the point you're making.

I'm not taking anyone's side on any of this.  I am just trying to help you guys all settle down and back off each other.

For all of you:
Please remember to engage in the conversation of the topic at hand.  "Engaging in kind" is a better way to look at how to properly have a conversation.  It means to talk about it and stay on topic.   In essence, if you don't like the topic at hand, then don't engage.  Like the magic show analogy, either talk about it and share your views, or don't.  But to argue about the topic itself is really bad form guys. 

If I don't see anything going obviously against the posting guidelines, then I will let you continue your topics of conversation.  I do see where some of you take things way too personally and end up skewing the conversation as such, and then the original topic gets side tracked.  Please be considerate to each other and stay on topic.  If the conversation naturally evolves to other things that's ok as long as you follow the posting guidelines. 
« Last Edit: May 19th, 2017 at 8:59pm by Vicky »  

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #24 - May 19th, 2017 at 7:59pm

Some facts:  Not that long ago, both Don and Vince complained about Albert and I responding to their posts and on their threads.  I got p.m.'s from others suggesting that we just ignore each other.  I thought about it and then I wrote the below--see reply 21:
http://afterlife-knowledge.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1494901120/15#15

Excerpted from the above, "Meanwhile, I will ignore Don, Vince, and Roger." 

Since that time, I have started a new thread in this section, and surprise, surprise, whom shows up to but Don, Vince, and Roger.  Two of the former folks who whined earlier that they wanted Albert and I to completely leave them alone. 

I've done my part. Who are the ones partaking in hypocrisy here?  Perhaps Albert and I need to start using the Peer Moderator system?  I really would like to take my vacation from the Ghetto, but if people keep on needing to be reminded of blatant/overt/obvious truth and/or attack my friend, I'll keep on posting.  Smiley   

Sidekick Bucky Barnes out (cause obviously Albert is Captain America. Don't make me go WinterSoldier on your booties)   Cheesy  Grin

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #25 - May 19th, 2017 at 8:03pm

Vicky wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 7:49pm:
Guys,

For what it's worth, I completely agree with this statement.  I feel the same way about my own array of various experiences. 

I can't prove most of what I've experienced to anyone, and that's ok, because regardless of what anyone else believes, I believe in what I have experienced for myself.

I also agree. We need to decide for ourselves what to make of our own subjective experiences. What I don't agree with is the implication that I've somehow told anyone not to believe in their experiences, as this has not taken place.

I hope you can see what's going on here. It obviously hasn't stopped since I last PMed you.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #26 - May 19th, 2017 at 8:19pm

SL2

My initial reply was to Don in response to his comment. I did not address you or R2. There is no hypocrisy on this end. R2 chose to directly address me, and as usual, quickly resorted to personal attacks based on a gross distortion of what I actually said. The exact behavior that has been ruining this forum as of late.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #27 - May 19th, 2017 at 8:34pm

I agree Vince.  I don't know why this continues.

It should be ok for two people to talk to each other within a thread.  If someone addresses someone else, then those two are having a conversation within the thread.  I see where that goes on and that's fine.

Justin,

I know you're making a point to show that Don wrote on your thread after apparently stating he wouldn't, but in all fairness he did not say anything offense or break the posting guidelines.  Then he and Dude began talking to each other.  Am I right guys?  That's ok.

My suggestion to those who are the offenders, please allow others to talk to whomever they wish.  Please allow others to share their viewpoints and opinions.  Please carry on discussions in a mature and appropriate manner. 

If any of you continue to argue and complain, I'll have to send out private warnings and bannings.  So from this point on, please just drop it.

Either have a conversation about something or not, but let's just completely drop this fighting.  I suggestion for a while that those of you who don't get along, leave each other's conversations alone for a while.  There are some good posts amidst the arguing and it's a shame. 

ALSO:  To make everyone feel they are being treated fairly, I've now sent out PMs with warnings to some of you that this pettiness and arguing and attacking needs to stop.  You are all aware that the next step is banning.  I hope it doesn't come to that.  And I personally hope none of you leave.  I hope that I'm playing a role in cooling things down and helping you all continue to stay and post and enjoy being here.

Justin, I'm sorry that I'm using your thread to say all this.  I'll leave this thread here in case you or anyone else wants to resume the original topic of conversation or anything else appropriate ok?

Thanks everyone   Smiley

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #28 - May 19th, 2017 at 9:55pm

Hi Vicky, no worries, I have no issue with you, but I do feel the need to point out some more facts. 

This is what Kathy (Lights of Love) wrote earlier and addressed to Albert and I on this thread--see reply 9:
http://afterlife-knowledge.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1494901120/all

"Justin and Albert,

It seems to me that if the two of you didn't post on Don's threads and he didn't post on yours (also mentioned by Don) *that there would be no problems.

I hope that can happen because I know Roger, Vince, Matthew and I are interested in what Don has to say without the threads digressing into a war of words/beliefs between the three of you." Excerpted from above thread.

*My use of bold and underline. It was a little while after Kathy wrote me a p.m. repeating the above, that I decided to write publicly that I would ignore Don, Vince, and Roger.  By "ignore" I meant what she said/requested above, to stay off their threads and not to reply directly to their posts. 
     I have endeavored to do this since, but Don is not keeping his end of the bargain.  This is as plain as day, as he has recently posted on two of my threads after I wrote I would ignore him et. al.  I'll also note, that in the above, Kathy made it seem like it was more Albert and I causing problem than them.  Clearly, in lieu of recent events/developments, I am trying to follow her advice/request and it is Don et al. who are trying to prod and provoke.
      I've only replied to address this hypocrisy and disconnect between what Don and Kathy have said, and what Don et. al. is doing. I'm only stating facts, and not calling people names, nor attacking.  Just impersonally stating facts.
      If I am banned for that, so be it. I care more about truth, than being accepted by any group. The fact of the matter is, Don, Vince, and Roger are endeavoring to turn this forum into a fundamentalist Christian site. They keep making references to all New Age sources as being demonically influenced.  See Vince's thread called, "The New Age is a Satanic Deception". See Rondele's reply of agreement on there. http://afterlife-knowledge.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1491614012/all    
       (I tried to inject some balance and bigger perspective on there, while not completely disagreeing with the OP. So didn't Matthew and Albert as well).
      Then on other threads, see Don's referring to New Age sources as demonically influenced, etc. (Since I have  a memory like an elepathant for things I care about, I can provide numerous examples if people would like  Smiley
      If you and Bruce are completely ok with all this, then that's your prerogative I suppose.  I'm not ok with it, but your combined will obviously trumps mine. I have no power here.
     Both Albert and I are trying to be helpful to this forum and keep this conversion from being pushed on everyone. If that cannot be seen by the authorities at this site or the majority of posters, well, I don't want to be at a place/group that so lacks objectivity.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #29 - May 19th, 2017 at 10:09pm

I came into helping Bruce after those incidences you mentioned, but I see that Bruce moved that one to off topic.  I glanced through it and it looks like everyone was having a decent discussion on it.

At this point I don't want to have to backtrack into old threads to see who started what, who hates who, etc.  It's way, way too much.  My input in the last couple of days was in the spirit of trying to put all this to rest and everyone just moves forward.  That way, I'm not held responsible for going through all those old threads and posts and trying to figure out who did what.

I see a little bit of jabbing coming from everyone, and I see baiting and I see people being too easily offended.  So my hope is that from this point on it stops and we all move forward.

Then, if someone does something wrong, I hope no one else joins in and adds fuel to it.  Then the offending person will have to be banned, per Bruce's rules not mine.  I gave warnings to several of you as a way to even the playing field. 

Perhaps those threads of a religious nature, whether they are for debate or not, should be started in the Religion & Their Beliefs Forum.  Is everyone in agreement to that? 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #30 - May 19th, 2017 at 10:22pm

Vicky:

I agree that it would be good to not try to turn forum into a fundamentalist Christian forum, when it wasn't started for that purpose.

Fundamentalist Strategy #1: Define new age experiences that don't seem to support the Bible as either delusional or demonic.

Fundamentalist Strategy #2: Provide Fundamentalist Christian perspectives.

Fundamentalist Strategy #3: Act indignant when people take exception with this and see what's going on, and try to get those people banned.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #31 - May 19th, 2017 at 10:36pm

Recoverer 2 wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 10:22pm:
Vicky:

I agree that it would be good to not try to turn forum into a fundamentalist Christian forum, when it wasn't started for that purpose.

Fundamentalist Strategy #1: Define new age experiences that don't seem to support the Bible as either delusional or demonic.

Fundamentalist Strategy #2: Provide Fundamentalist Christian perspectives.

Fundamentalist Strategy #3: Act indignant when people take exception with this and see what's going on, and try to get those people banned.

I'm taking it all in Albert, and I hear what you're saying.  I'm going to check with Bruce what he thinks.

Bruce had me move to off topic the thread with the mention of demons, but that was because people were fighting and complaining about each other.  And like I said I saw that he put the previous thread about the same thing off topic.  I can't say that I know why, but I will ask him.  So as far as that's concerned, it's been taken care of.

Is there another thread which still talks about this same thing?  Let me know which ones.   

I'm going to get Bruce involved and ask his thoughts about this and about what you've mentioned here Albert, and see what he thinks and what he wants done if anything. 

I'm being as fair and open-minded to all of you, and I hope you all feel it.  We'll get this straightened out somehow. 

Too bad Bruce isn't feeling so great these days.  But I spoke with him a few days ago and he's still the same old Bruce  Smiley  He cares very much about this site, and I care very much about him.  You do the math.  It's why I'm here trying to help keep the site running for him. 

Vicky

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #32 - May 19th, 2017 at 10:37pm

Related to Albert's post above mine.  The irony of this situation is that both Albert and I deeply love Yeshua, his teachings, his living presence, as well as the Creator that Yeshua often refers to.  I know the NT way better than does either Vince or Rondele seem to know it.
     Heck, Yeshua is part of the subject title of the thread I started.  Heck, I even quote from the NT here.   Shocked
     Neither of us have a problem with people talking about Yeshua and his teachings. What we have a problem with, is the extremist approach of saying all non fundamentalist type Christian sources are demonically infiltrated and controlled.   
       I happen to believe that there are a number of very good and helpful sources that might be labeled by some under the "New Age" umbrella.  Such as Edgar Cayce, Bob Monroe, Bruce's work (of which about 97% I agree with and find helpful), Tom Campbell, Rosalind McKnight, many NDE's, and others. 
      Considering that both Albert and I always pray to the original Creator and Yeshua for help and guidance before opening ourselves up in meditation, yes, I would say this situation is pretty ironic.
      We are not against Yeshua and the Abba/Immah Creator. We are trying to act as a counterbalance to dogma, elaborate doctrine, fundamentalism, over generalization of other categories of beliefs, and extremism.   

IP Logged

TheDonald

ALK Member

Reply #33 - May 20th, 2017 at 12:42am

Justin: "Not that long ago, both Don and Vince complained about Albert and I responding to their posts and on their threads." 

That is simply false--and you know it.  We simply want you to directly address the subject under discussion. 

Justin: "Since that time, I have started a new thread in this section, and surprise, surprise, whom shows up to but [Don, Vince, and Roger."

I thought you would welcome an honest experience-based testimony on how our skepticism has evolved and functions.

Justin: "Two of the former folks who whined earlier that they wanted Albert and I to completely leave them alone." 

This blatant falsehood reflects your need to interpret as personal attacks our efforts to explore honest disagreement over experiences and sources. 

Albert: "it would be good to not try to turn forum into a fundamentalist Christian forum, when it wasn't started for that purpose."

Do you even understand the meaning of the word "Fundamentalist?" You (not me) brought up my perspective on the groupthink of thought Ghettos.  Neither you nor Justin seem willing to think outside the New Age box.  Much of what I have experienced and have to say is anathema to Fundamentalists!  Will you ever be willing to engage the hard work of honest and critical reflection?  Every true intellectual recognizes this foundational question for productive inquiry: If my thinking and beliefs are fundamentally misguided, and if some of my most influential experiences are delusional or distorted, how would I ever be able to find that out?  From the perspective of philosophical epistemology, a rational overview is meaningless if it is in principle unfalsifiable.

Albert: "Fundamentalist Strategy #1: Define new age experiences that don't seem to support the Bible as either delusional or demonic."

First, I have never described Bruce's, Justin's, or your experiences as "demonic."   I have pointed out Swedenborg's experiences that point to reincarnationism as delusional and the reasons for this judgment.   In view of ES's awesome verifications, I would think you'd welcome that counterpoint.  You and Justin profess to love and revere Christ.  As you know, in a blinding vision Christ called Paul to be His mouthpiece in the Gospel era.  So I'd think you'd be interested in Paul's claim that his opponents who also professed love and reverence for Jesus had visions and revelations that were demonic. 

Albert: "Fundamentalist Strategy #2: Provide Fundamentalist Christian perspectives."

This site features a section on "Religion and Their Beliefs."  Your comment seems to begrudge an active use of this section. 

Albert: "Fundamentalist Strategy #3: Act indignant when people take exception with this and see what's going on, and try to get those people banned."

I have never tried to get you or Justin banned.  On the contrary, I have thought that I should limit my stay here because the site few New Age posters now.  Keep in mind that I only returned as a result of encouragement from Roger and Matthew, neither of whom are even professing Christians! 

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #34 - May 20th, 2017 at 1:32am

TheDonald wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 12:42am:
 Justin: "Not that long ago, both Don and Vince complained about Albert and I responding to their posts and on their threads." 

That is simply false--and you know it.  We simply want you to directly address the subject under discussion. 

Justin: "Since that time, I have started a new thread in this section, and surprise, surprise, whom shows up to but [Don, Vince, and Roger."

I thought you would welcome an honest experience-based testimony on how our skepticism has evolved and functions.

Justin: "Two of the former folks who whined earlier that they wanted Albert and I to completely leave them alone." 

This blatant falsehood reflects your need to interpret as personal attacks our efforts to explore honest disagreement over experiences and sources. 

(Extra long winded, long suffering..)..Sigh... Don, buddy ole pal, then why did Kathy say what I quoted her to say earlier? 

Or, more to the point, why did you say this below,
TheDonald wrote on May 16th, 2017 at 5:36pm:
If I had my way, Albert and Vince would not respond to my threads and I would not respond to theirs.*  But since they initiated the polemics, I will respond to clarify my attacked perspective. Then when I have replied to the  questions of the posters who interest me, I will again desert the site for an indefinite period of time.

*my use of bold, underline, and italic. Excerpted from the following thread:
http://afterlife-knowledge.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1494701075

Take some deep breaths Brother, and then go read my Attunement thread and practice the various things there. After awhile, you'll find your memory, perception, intuition, understanding, wisdom increasing/sharpening/expanding. 
      These conversations between us, are really starting to remind me of the "debates" between the religious Pharisees, Sadducee's, Scribes and that young, upstart Yeshua. 
      Btw, note on that thread, that I had to correct you about writing "Vince", when you really meant me "Justin".  Your perception is slipping a bit, it seems. 
      So why don't we follow what Kathy earlier asked/advised and stated that you wanted, and what you earlier stated you desired?  Why don't you stay off my threads and I will stay off your threads?  Then truly can we all be one big happy dysfunctional family.   Grin
       Do we have a deal?  Do you have the self discipline to follow through?  In any case, we have something in common...  We BOTH keep saying we're gonna leave the forum, but neither of us do!  Shocked  We may be more alike than we realize!   Shocked  Wink  Grin   
     But seriously, lighten up dude. You're WAY too serious of late.  Smile, joke, have some fun--this is not a fight to the death where we have to be all grimmed face and rattle our deadly sabers at each other. Grrrr  Angry  When a person get's too serious, usually there is a lack of heart attunement and openness going on.
     Personally, I just want to go grab a beer with you. You're an interesting guy, and though we have some definite differences of opinion and perception, we both love and focus on Yeshua and his teachings, we're both intense seekers of truth.  I think you would find, that at the end of the day, we probably have more in common than we do major differences. 
     Yes, I've been teasing you a bit, and pointing out some of your...let's shall we say illusions, but it's all in good natured ribbing and for a deeper purpose.

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #35 - May 20th, 2017 at 1:31pm

If people sincerely and deeply pray to the Creator, Yeshua, and/or the collective Beings of pure Light (aka the purely Creative Forces) for help, then such an individual will be helped by these. If they live their lives backing up such seeking, then that help will become ever more apparent, and a strong interconnection will be built up between the individual and that collective Force of pure Light. 

In either case, if one is seeking information, then one should always use their discrimination and discernment.  There are certain techniques and methods, besides the above prayer/intention setting, that also help and strengthen this connection. 

The one that Bruce teaches about remembering the feeling of Love, is an excellent one. Feeling and tuning into gratitude/appreciation also helps.   

There is no need for outright fear. This Universe/Creation is primarily benevolent in the larger reality.  It's here on earth, that there is the most problems with dark forces.  But even then, the truth is, the majority of people are decent hearted and trying to spiritually grow.  Only a minority are psychopathic, and truly and more fully evil. 

Well, it's like that in the larger reality too. Yes, there are some bad apples out there, but there are entire groves of trees with healthy, growing fruit at the same time.  Specific intentions and prayers are important.  So aren't one's inner motivations.  In other words, according to the Universal Law built into all of Creation, Like attracts and begets Like.  Light attracts and begets Light.  Negativity/selfishness/fear attracts and begets negativity (and attracts/builds up connection to dark forces from without.)

Perhaps when an individual is more dark than Light themselves within, they project that darkness onto others and the larger reality?   Perhaps such individuals unbeknownst to themselves, have Reptilian claws embedded in their energy system, helping to skew and distort their perceptions and beingness? 

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #36 - May 20th, 2017 at 3:51pm

Don:

Some of what I said applies to you, some to Dude, and some to Roger.

Combined, over the years, you've written a lot of posts, and I'm not going to spend time trying to dig all of them up.

On more than one occasion you have said that you aren't impressed with the retrieval accounts people present at this forum. It could be that your criteria for assessing them might not be what is needed in order to determine their authenticity. You present your lucid dream experience as if it is proof that the spiritual experiences of other people aren't valid. If I remember correctly, in the past, you've made statements that seem to suggest that Robert Monroe might have been misled by some misleading being, when you spoke of the occasion when he met the Creator.

You obviously don't believe in the Disk viewpoint. So either you believe that people who receive information about Disks and have experiences with their Disks are either deceived by misleading beings or deluded in some way. Since Bruce has spoken of Disks extensively, whether you say so or not, you are implying that either he was misled or is deluded, because what other explanation is there for you speaking against the Disk viewpoint in the way that you do?

For myself, I wasn't overly quick to accept the Disk viewpoint despite my related experiences, the information I received, what sources that seem credible to me say,  and what makes sense to me and feels right, because I make a point of questioning the information before me in a very thorough way.

I came to this site because I like Bruce's books. I would recommend them to others. When I read about things such as his encounters with aliens I don't assume that he has been misled or delusional? How about you, what do you think?

Regarding being a fundamentalist, it's kind of strange that I referred to you in that way, because through the years I never thought of you as a fundamentalist. My guess is that there are some Christian fundamentalists that would be at odds with you. I used the term "fundamentalist" sort of like the term "New Age" is used. In some cases it isn't completely accurate to say "New Age." Nevertheless, for the sake of conversation, sometimes we use the term. I used the term "fundamentalist" with the same frame of mind.

I didn't want to say "Christian," because I don't have a problem with Jesus. What troubles me is when some people are so into "not" veering away from what the Bible says, that they find it necessary to make sweeping statements that seem to say that if somebody experiences something that isn't in accord with the Bible, such as the Disk viewpoint through something such as a lucid dream, then that something must be the result of delusion, or being misled by demons.

Most the information I obtained about Disks happened while I was fully conscious, not during a lucid dream. When it comes to the information I received from lucid dreams, despite what is so for you, I trust what I experienced. Going by how some of my lucid dreams have taken place, it seems quite clear that they are created by a consciousness beyond my own, perhaps by my Disk. They have always served the purpose of teaching me something. My retrieval experiences don't happen through lucid dreams.

To some degree I believe it is disrespectful for you or Dude to make statements that suggest that the spiritual experiences of other people aren't genuine, and in some cases free from dark outside influences. I believe it is okay for me to be unhappy about the two of you making such statements.

Consider Vicky. I've read her book, I've read some of her posts, she seems like wonderful person; add all together-- I don't know one hundred percent for certain since I am not her--but overall, I believe she had the experiences she wrote about. I  do not believe  she is deluded. I do not believe she was mislead by demonic beings. I believe that spirit beings that love her deeply have communicated and worked with her. Some of these beings are beings that she knew before she incarnated in this world and that she will know after she leaves this world. There is nothing wrong or unnatural about this, no matter how many demon-like beings exist. Love-based beings should determine who we can or cannot interact with, not demons!

I believe it is a shame when you, Dude and Roger try to scare people away from exploring the spirit world and making connections to their spirit friends, because it can be done in a way that is genuine and free of negative influence.

Vicky:

Regarding your post to me, I hope the above will do. Please let me know if it doesn't.

IP Logged

TheDonald

ALK Member

Reply #37 - May 20th, 2017 at 4:22pm

Albert,

No one longs to believe in retrievals and even perform them more than me.  The Bible teaches the possibility of soul retrievals and the possibility of retrievals is one way to make real the fact that God's love does not abandon anyone after death.  So I joined this site around 2001 because I hoped that testimonies would encourage me to believe that many today are actually performing retrievals. 
So it was with great sadness that my perusal of retrieval stories and my practice with the Gateway CDs reluctantly convinced me that the reported retrievals, including my onw, were not authentic. 

I liken that journey to my lifelong experience and observation of speaking in tongues.  In my view, no human experience (including NDE encounters with the Being of Light) can even remotely approach the power, beauty, and transforming character of the genuine manifestation of tongues.  So it is with great sadness that I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that 95% of glossolalia experiences I have observed are bogus.  That conclusion makes me cautious about recommending that others pursue this gift, because I don't want to send then down a path the ultimately climaxes in disillusionment.  What I can and will do in my thread on this subject is identify the method that worked for me.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #38 - May 20th, 2017 at 4:59pm

What is "glossolalia experiences?"

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #39 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:41pm

Hi Don,

Still waiting on that apology for you basically calling me a liar. I gave you clear proof of what I was talking about.  Previously you used strong words in relation to me and what I had said, such as "blatant falsehood". 

What do you think Yeshua would think and feel about you accusing people of lying/falsehoods without merit, and then without apologizing when you were shown wrong?  Do you think he would be happy with, or like such behavior?  How does that reflect on Christians and the Christian community?  Are you serving God or him when engaging in such judgmental and limiting behavior?

Anyways, a simple sorry, I was wrong and misspoke, would suffice. This odd human is quick to look past other's errors or attacks directed his way, particularly with those he knows tend to be sincere most of the time otherwise. I'm making this an issue, because I sense that humility would be a helpful pattern for you to engage in more. 

I know a little something about that. The Sun Sign I'm born under, Capricorn, rules the knees in the body Temple. The deeper, spiritual significance of same is that of bending the knee in prayer to a higher power, and to service to the whole--think Yeshua washing his disciples' feet. In other words, humility and learning to be led. I've had to learn to be more humble and give up my self will.
    Did I not tell you not long ago in a p.m. that you had a strong focus on self will, aka symbolically strong focus on the throat center?  The counter part/balance to same is the knees.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #40 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:49pm

Recoverer 2 wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 3:51pm:
Consider Vicky. I've read her book, I've read some of her posts, she seems like wonderful person; add all together-- I don't know one hundred percent for certain since I am not her--but overall, I believe she had the experiences she wrote about. I  do not believe  she is deluded. I do not believe she was mislead by demonic beings. I believe that spirit beings that love her deeply have communicated and worked with her. Some of these beings are beings that she knew before she incarnated in this world and that she will know after she leaves this world. There is nothing wrong or unnatural about this, no matter how many demon-like beings exist. Love-based beings should determine who we can or cannot interact with, not demons!

I believe it is a shame when you, Dude and Roger try to scare people away from exploring the spirit world and making connections to their spirit friends, because it can be done in a way that is genuine and free of negative influence.

Vicky:

Regarding your post to me, I hope the above will do. Please let me know if it doesn't.

Albert,

All is good between us, always has been, and I appreciate your above post.  Very nicely stated. Yesterday I was getting emails from just about everybody...except Don  Wink.  And Bruce has informed me of his resolution, so I'm relieved to have that finally settled.

Thank you for your comments and compliments of my book and my experiences.  I know it wasn't the best-written book of all time but it's all true.  And I'm continuing to write...have two more books in the works that I'm still determined to put out there...and I hope they are better than the first. 

At any rate, I always love hearing someone stick up for me as far as the content of what I share.  I myself don't claim to even have all the answers about my own experiences.  In many ways I'm still discovering so much.  But one thing I know is true and one thing I can always count on is being a keen observer, being as open-minded and objective as I can, and telling the truth.  I have no reason to fool anybody let alone myself.  So, thanks for believing in me.

And on that note I'm sure Roger won't mind me saying this...he was a huge player in proofing my book.  He did an exceptional job and I learned a lot from him.  And you know what he told me afterward?  That he wasn't really sure he believes in everything I wrote about but that he does believe me, that he could tell I'm being honest and sincere in what I was sharing.  That was a wonderful compliment that I've never forgotten.  And it's really all I can hope for, because my goal really isn't to convince or prove anything to anyone.  But to have people believe me, believe that I'm an honest person, real and genuine, and true to myself, that's the best compliment I can hope for. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #41 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:55pm

TheDonald wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 4:22pm:
Albert,

No one longs to believe in retrievals and even perform them more than me.  The Bible teaches the possibility of soul retrievals and the possibility of retrievals is one way to make real the fact that God's love does not abandon anyone after death.  So I joined this site around 2001 because I hoped that testimonies would encourage me to believe that many today are actually performing retrievals. 
So it was with great sadness that my perusal of retrieval stories and my practice with the Gateway CDs reluctantly convinced me that the reported retrievals, including my onw, were not authentic. 

Don,

I assume you've shared your experiences before and your reasons for not believing your own experiences to be authentic, but can you sum up why you feel that way? 

I appreciate your desire for research, but perhaps too much focus on research of other people's experience while at the same time seeking your own experiences isn't the best way to go. 

My technique going about it is that when something catches my interest, before doing research about it I first seek out my own direct experience if I can.  There is a lot behind the saying "beginner's luck".  What it is is that when we go into something with a fresh mind like a clean slate we have nothing to block our expectations, perceptions, or beliefs.  I've found it to be the best and most authentic way to gather now only my own direct experience but also my own untainted opinions and beliefs. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #42 - May 20th, 2017 at 9:10pm

Vicky:

The main thing I was unhappy about is that I don't believe it is nice when people try to belittle the experiences of others, partly with the motive of promoting their own agenda. Now that I said what I had in mind, I feel no need to go on with the subject.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #43 - May 20th, 2017 at 9:12pm

Yes, belittling of any kind is not ok and definitely not in the spirit of what Bruce wants here. 

Here's hoping things will move forward smoothly!

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Johannesburg South Africa
Reply #44 - May 21st, 2017 at 6:16am

Quote:
  If people sincerely and deeply pray to the Creator, Yeshua, and/or the collective Beings of pure Light (aka the purely Creative Forces) for help, then such an individual will be helped by these. If they live their lives backing up such seeking, then that help will become ever more apparent, and a strong interconnection will be built up between the individual and that collective Force of pure Light. 

In either case, if one is seeking information, then one should always use their discrimination and discernment.  There are certain techniques and methods, besides the above prayer/intention setting, that also help and strengthen this connection. 

The one that Bruce teaches about remembering the feeling of Love, is an excellent one. Feeling and tuning into gratitude/appreciation also helps.   

There is no need for outright fear. This Universe/Creation is primarily benevolent in the larger reality.  It's here on earth, that there is the most problems with dark forces.  But even then, the truth is, the majority of people are decent hearted and trying to spiritually grow.  Only a minority are psychopathic, and truly and more fully evil. 

Well, it's like that in the larger reality too. Yes, there are some bad apples out there, but there are entire groves of trees with healthy, growing fruit at the same time.  Specific intentions and prayers are important.  So aren't one's inner motivations.  In other words, according to the Universal Law built into all of Creation, Like attracts and begets Like.  Light attracts and begets Light.  Negativity/selfishness/fear attracts and begets negativity (and attracts/builds up connection to dark forces from without.)

Perhaps when an individual is more dark than Light themselves within, they project that darkness onto others and the larger reality?   Perhaps such individuals unbeknownst to themselves, have Reptilian claws embedded in their energy system, helping to skew and distort their perceptions and beingness? 

Jesus made it very clear that we should not pray to him but to the Father God in his (Jesus's name)

The truth remains the truth, no matter what we think the truth is, the truth is the truth regardless

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #45 - May 21st, 2017 at 11:58am

Alan, you bring up an excellent issue that is definitely worth going into more. I understand what you're saying and why you're saying it. My short, summarized answer is that it's not a black and white issue.
    The first, original Creator, or we could say, the very "first Self/awareness" is the same as some call God and what Yeshua often referred to as Abba (Father).  Yeshua referred to God in this way, as Abba, because he was highlighting the connection between the creative, force aspect of God and that of what some call Yang, masculine, etc energy and attunement.   
     God was originally polarized to the Yin, Feminine, before It changed within Itself and integrated It's Yang/Masculine side which led to the creation of many different Spirits from within Itself. 
     Yeshua is connected to one of those original Spirits or "Children", whom was the very first to fully re-merge with Source/the Creator/original, first Self. In doing so, Yeshua's Spirit not only became a full companion and One with God, but also became a Co-Creator with God.
    The result?   Many of our Spirits and the origin of this particular Universe.  Yeshua's Spirit self imagined this Universe (not the dense physical part) into existence.  It was act of self expression, creativity, and artistry in motion.  In a human sense though, we could say that God is greater than Yeshua's Spirit, for God came first, God is the Consciousness and Force that set ALL of this into motion originally.  God is the First and Primary Creator. 
       But in a different sense, there is no "greater or lesser" among Beings whom are so One with each other.  Humans cannot even begin to conceive of the Oneness that exists between God, Yeshua, and the other fully returned Children of God.  You know how when a huge flock of birds all turn on a dime at the same time?  That's like the Oneness between God, Yeshua and the other pure Light Beings.  There is no separation, though they ALL are individuals. 
       Or, in more human terms, a parable:  One day, you meet an older man whom is very kind, very wise, very loving, and owns a huge non profit business.  He strikes up a conversation with you, and he says, "Alan, I would love for you to meet my Son, whom I'm very pleased with. 
        He has become a full partner in my company, and since he has joined, the company has grown and expanded phenomenally.  He has been bringing in other business partners that are helping the company grow and expand more too!   I am so happy with him.  If you ever need anything from me or the company, you can ask me or him, because I have given him all powers and authority when he became my full partner."
     When you do meet the Son, you find that the Son is MUCH like the Father in many ways.  He also is very kind, very wise, and very loving.  The Son even looks a lot like the Father, though there are some minor differences.
        Truly do we have an advocate with the Abba/Immah in Yeshua.  God made Yeshua a full business partner in It's vast company.  Every Spirit and Soul that fully merges it's little light with the Big Light of God, becomes part of "managment" level at this same vast and eternal company.  But in this Universe, because it's a direct Co-Creation of Yeshua's, with help from God, it is God and Yeshua that have the most authority in this Universe.
        If you could go to another Universe, that was Co-Created by another fully grown up Child of God, then in that Reality, the Co-Creator of that one, along with God, would be the primary authorities. 
        However, as mentioned, there is a Oneness between God and It's fully grown up Children, whom have become Co-Creators and full companions, so that their Will is so in alignment, that it's more like a "collective Will" that ALL is intune with God's. 
      When we pray to God, in a very real sense, we are also praying to that collective of pure Light Beings that are fully One with God, and who know and do God's Will. 
       Because for awhile, Yeshua was connected to a human body with limitations and distortion, until his Resurrection, he didn't always have full awareness of everything, like he does now.  You'll find that even in Yeshua, there were some differences in him before and after the Resurrection--especially as to degree of awareness. 
      When he was still connected to a human form, he told his disciples not to pray to him, and he was being wise, humble, and pragmatic about that. Now that he has had his awareness fully opened up, he knows that there is not much difference between praying to God or him, for they are in perfect attunement, harmony, and accord.

At the end of the day, you should pray how most feels right to you.  If you prefer to pray to God only--that's fine. If it feels and seems right to pray to both God and Yeshua--well, I think they will understand and that it's OK. 
      Yeshua said that he would send an advocate for him/on his and his Father's behalf.  Do NOT pray to this advocate should one come to know him. This advocate, according to Yeshua, would speak of Yeshua and make plain his truths to humanity. Yeshua said he would speak through this person, to others. 

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #46 - May 21st, 2017 at 12:44pm

I'd like to add something, this is sort of off topic, but in line with some of the off topic subjects that already exist. Smiley

Since we are in this world, not a higher realm, even when we are meditating and feeling love and peace, it is possible for  an unfriendly spirit to try to pass on information to us. If we try to discriminate who such spirit is by how it feels, we might end up feeling nothing more than the love and peace we are already feeling, so it can be hard to determine what a spirit is by its feeling.

Therefore, we always need to use our discrimination when we receive information from the spirit world, and see if the information received is usable.

For quite a while I've been in the mode of hardly ever asking questions. Sometimes while meditating, if I feel stuck in some way, I'll receive a pointer from my guidance. I also look to my dreams for guidance. Other wise, I consider what I already know and use my intuition and intelligence.

It is important to remember that even if you don't make conscious contact with the spirit world, unfriendly spirits can try to influence you. Therefore, being conscious of of their presence when they are around can be helpful, because such awareness will let you know that you need to use your discrimination.

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #47 - May 21st, 2017 at 1:56pm

Albert, I agree with a lot of what you said. This is part of the reason why I tend to trust dream guidance messages more than ones received during meditation. 

A lacking in Light, negative person, Soul, non human, etc can try to inject limiting/distorted info when a person is in dream state--like when they are meditating, BUT during the dream state, the Soul and/or Higher self levels of a person is much more in control of determining which dreams we actually remember. 

Hence, any interference, distortion, meddling, etc that can occur during the dream state from outside sources, is easily put aside. 

When a person is meditating and thus fully awake, one's conscious, personality mind is much more active and involved in receiving, translating/interpreting whatever comes through. Distortions can happen because of outside meddling, and can happen because of one's own distortions of the personality, conscious mind and the "body ego".

This is probably why, much of the most major and most important guidance messages that I've received, has come most often in the form of dreams--that, or guidance knows that I trust that avenue the most. 

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #48 - May 21st, 2017 at 2:31pm

Would add to my last reply, that when one opens self up in meditation and initially (before) prays to receive help from the first Creator, Yeshua, the collective of pure Light Beings (the Co-Creators), or those that these may send on their behalf, that one can also ask for specific help.

Meaning, if there is something important you want to ask the above Expanded Guidance about, you can specifically ask the above to shield and protect from any and all outside, negative and hindering beings. 

If what you're seeking and your deeper intentions are of a more spiritual, constructive, and helpful nature, these will in all likelihood grant your request and CAN definitely shield a person from outside meddling for that meditation. 

I think the above is very important to point out.  Remember that individuals aligned to the Light tend to highly respect freewill and as guidance, they often wait till a person specifically/consciously asks for help.  If you want specific help, sometimes you have to consciously ask for same. 

Course there are cases where people are helped even if they don't consciously seek or specifically ask for it--but that is a whole other discussion that relates to maturity and awareness levels of an individual, and other factors like pre life planning, contracts, and the kind of experiences, or service, that a Soul comes in for.

I sometimes use the above in meditation when I'm seeking specific guidance/information on an issue. Having faith and belief that these powerful, pure Light Beings will help you with such requests is part of the process of them helping you.   Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.