Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Constant skepticism vs faith & Yeshua's words/life (Read 20286 times)
I Am Dude

Re: Constant skepticism vs faith & Yeshua's words/life
Reply #15 - May 19th, 2017 at 5:31pm

Recoverer 2 wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 5:07pm:
Dude:

Just as holocaust victims know more about the holocaust than people who believe the conspiracy theories that state that the holocaust never happened, the people who go through certain experiences know them better than you, a person who didn't have their experiences.

You haven't answered my questions. I'll ask again.

Is it reasonable to assume that I was the first person ever to be deluded about such things, or that I will be the last?

If the answer to these questions is no, which it most likely is, then it is entirely logical to conclude that others may also be deluded about such things. Subjective experiences that rely solely on memories and are usually always colored by one's own beliefs can be very difficult to accurately interpret and understand. My previous post simply illustrates how one's interpretations of one's own experiences can change over time depending on the mind state and beliefs of the individual.

Notice how I haven't stated any absolutes. Please stop pretending that I have.

Also note I never said anyone else was delusional, but rather it was you who projected what I said about my own experience onto others. Seems like you're begging for a confrontation.

Quote:
The fact of how you believe you are able to judge other people's experience better than them, shows that you have yet to develop discrimination.

I never said this, nor do I think it. Please stop lying, it's not very befitting.

Quote:
You're showing about as much discrimination now, as when you came on this forum and said that the holocaust was a hoax.

Your compulsion to always make things personal is detrimental to this forum. Please stop or you will be reported and action will likely be taken.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #16 - May 19th, 2017 at 5:44pm

TheDonald wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 4:40pm:
Yesterday, I attended a charismatic talk by a "cowboy preacher."  It was a nightmare for me because (1) his presentation was over an hour too long and (2) there was speaking in tongues and prophesying that I confidently discerned as contrived.  As I've mentioned on my Spirit Baptism thread, my lifelong discernment tells me that about 95% of such manifestations are bogus.  But the 5% that do seem genuine are so powerful, so life-changing that it is worth wading through the spurious to get to the genuine. 

God is using your spiritual journey to develop your gift of spiritual discernment.  That gift in turn will help you discover other authentic gifts of the Spirit (Read 1 Corinthians 12-14).  When you find the right faith community, you will find yourself exercising these new gifts.  Your OBE skills and explorations will serve as a useful foundation for the requisite intuition to exercise other gifts that will profoundly benefit you and other needy souls that God sends your way.  Maybe you'll even enter full-time ministry?  If so, count on my support for background material in sermon and teaching preparation.

Don

I've been experiencing more synchronicities than usual as of late. Just yesterday I was listening to a sermon by one of my favorite preachers and realized that preaching the gospel may be one of the single most important and beneficial things one can do for humanity. I felt a longing to be able to bring such inspiration and clarity to others myself, to bring them to Christ, save them from an eternity in hell, and help them come to experience the supernatural peace and love that God's grace has brought me. I can't think of any line of work that is more honoring and glorifying to God. My love for God is growing and I'm feeling a calling to express His truth to others more and more.

If one day I make that decision, you'll be the first to know! I trust you'll leave me your contact details before departing from this forum.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #17 - May 19th, 2017 at 5:48pm

Dude, I wish you all the best. God bless you in your spiritual journey.

R

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #18 - May 19th, 2017 at 5:52pm

rondele wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 5:48pm:
Dude, I wish you all the best. God bless you in your spiritual journey.

R

Thank you Rondele, that's very kind of you. May God bless you as well.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #19 - May 19th, 2017 at 6:46pm

Dude:

It doesn't make sense for you to speak of personal attacks, when you have no problem with suggesting that some of the beliefs of Bruce and others on this forum are demonic. Don't be a hypocrit.

I've had thousands of spiritual experiences, and I would be an utter fool to not believe in them, because of what you and Don experienced.

I spoke of faith earlier and about how I prayed to God and Christ thousands of times for guidance. If I have only been fooled, well then, what does that say about power of prayer?

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #20 - May 19th, 2017 at 7:08pm

Recoverer 2 wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 6:46pm:
Dude:

It doesn't make sense for you to speak of personal attacks, when you have no problem with suggesting that some of the beliefs of Bruce and others on this forum are demonic. Don't be a hypocrit.

Allow me to prove why your claim is false. Making a statement about a concept such as Discs is much different from making claims about a particular person's character. There is no hypocrisy in what I've said.

An example. If one makes the claim, "the New Age is deceptive," we should be able to discuss the evidence for or against this without bringing it to the level of making personal statements about the debaters (ad hominems), but unfortunately this is not the case on this forum.

Another example. Two people watch a magic show. One believes the magic is real, the other does not. A fruitful debate will involve discussing the evidence for each viewpoint. The wrong approach would be to call one another gullible fools.

Quote:
I've had thousands of spiritual experiences, and I would be an utter fool to not believe in them, because of what you and Don experienced.

No one has told you not to believe in what you've experienced. Again, I've only related my own experience. Please stop making my statements into that which they are not and were never intended to be.

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #21 - May 19th, 2017 at 7:20pm

Dude, if I may, let me suggest you ignore him. He and his sidekick are disruptive and contentious. They claim they are attuned to PUL and yet engage in ad hominen attacks and overall backbiting. They are blind to their own hypocrisy.

R

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #22 - May 19th, 2017 at 7:49pm

Recoverer 2 wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 6:46pm:

Guys,

For what it's worth, I completely agree with this statement.  I feel the same way about my own array of various experiences. 

I can't prove most of what I've experienced to anyone, and that's ok, because regardless of what anyone else believes, I believe in what I have experienced for myself.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #23 - May 19th, 2017 at 7:59pm

[/quote] QUOTE FROM DUDE:

Allow me to prove why your claim is false. Making a statement about a concept such as Discs is much different from making claims about a particular person's character. There is no hypocrisy in what I've said.

An example. If one makes the claim, "the New Age is deceptive," we should be able to discuss the evidence for or against this without bringing it to the level of making personal statements about the debaters (ad hominems), but unfortunately this is not the case on this forum.

Another example. Two people watch a magic show. One believes the magic is real, the other does not. A fruitful debate will involve discussing the evidence for each viewpoint. The wrong approach would be to call one another gullible fools.

No one has told you not to believe in what you've experienced. Again, I've only related my own experience. Please stop making my statements into that which they are not and were never intended to be.
[/quote] 

I also agree with this.  This forum is for discussion and I hope you all can settle down and get back to actual discussion.

The magic show analogy is a great one in and of itself, but also for the point you're making.

I'm not taking anyone's side on any of this.  I am just trying to help you guys all settle down and back off each other.

For all of you:
Please remember to engage in the conversation of the topic at hand.  "Engaging in kind" is a better way to look at how to properly have a conversation.  It means to talk about it and stay on topic.   In essence, if you don't like the topic at hand, then don't engage.  Like the magic show analogy, either talk about it and share your views, or don't.  But to argue about the topic itself is really bad form guys. 

If I don't see anything going obviously against the posting guidelines, then I will let you continue your topics of conversation.  I do see where some of you take things way too personally and end up skewing the conversation as such, and then the original topic gets side tracked.  Please be considerate to each other and stay on topic.  If the conversation naturally evolves to other things that's ok as long as you follow the posting guidelines. 
« Last Edit: May 19th, 2017 at 8:59pm by Vicky »  

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #24 - May 19th, 2017 at 7:59pm

Some facts:  Not that long ago, both Don and Vince complained about Albert and I responding to their posts and on their threads.  I got p.m.'s from others suggesting that we just ignore each other.  I thought about it and then I wrote the below--see reply 21:
http://afterlife-knowledge.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1494901120/15#15

Excerpted from the above, "Meanwhile, I will ignore Don, Vince, and Roger." 

Since that time, I have started a new thread in this section, and surprise, surprise, whom shows up to but Don, Vince, and Roger.  Two of the former folks who whined earlier that they wanted Albert and I to completely leave them alone. 

I've done my part. Who are the ones partaking in hypocrisy here?  Perhaps Albert and I need to start using the Peer Moderator system?  I really would like to take my vacation from the Ghetto, but if people keep on needing to be reminded of blatant/overt/obvious truth and/or attack my friend, I'll keep on posting.  Smiley   

Sidekick Bucky Barnes out (cause obviously Albert is Captain America. Don't make me go WinterSoldier on your booties)   Cheesy  Grin

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #25 - May 19th, 2017 at 8:03pm

Vicky wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 7:49pm:
Guys,

For what it's worth, I completely agree with this statement.  I feel the same way about my own array of various experiences. 

I can't prove most of what I've experienced to anyone, and that's ok, because regardless of what anyone else believes, I believe in what I have experienced for myself.

I also agree. We need to decide for ourselves what to make of our own subjective experiences. What I don't agree with is the implication that I've somehow told anyone not to believe in their experiences, as this has not taken place.

I hope you can see what's going on here. It obviously hasn't stopped since I last PMed you.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #26 - May 19th, 2017 at 8:19pm

SL2

My initial reply was to Don in response to his comment. I did not address you or R2. There is no hypocrisy on this end. R2 chose to directly address me, and as usual, quickly resorted to personal attacks based on a gross distortion of what I actually said. The exact behavior that has been ruining this forum as of late.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #27 - May 19th, 2017 at 8:34pm

I agree Vince.  I don't know why this continues.

It should be ok for two people to talk to each other within a thread.  If someone addresses someone else, then those two are having a conversation within the thread.  I see where that goes on and that's fine.

Justin,

I know you're making a point to show that Don wrote on your thread after apparently stating he wouldn't, but in all fairness he did not say anything offense or break the posting guidelines.  Then he and Dude began talking to each other.  Am I right guys?  That's ok.

My suggestion to those who are the offenders, please allow others to talk to whomever they wish.  Please allow others to share their viewpoints and opinions.  Please carry on discussions in a mature and appropriate manner. 

If any of you continue to argue and complain, I'll have to send out private warnings and bannings.  So from this point on, please just drop it.

Either have a conversation about something or not, but let's just completely drop this fighting.  I suggestion for a while that those of you who don't get along, leave each other's conversations alone for a while.  There are some good posts amidst the arguing and it's a shame. 

ALSO:  To make everyone feel they are being treated fairly, I've now sent out PMs with warnings to some of you that this pettiness and arguing and attacking needs to stop.  You are all aware that the next step is banning.  I hope it doesn't come to that.  And I personally hope none of you leave.  I hope that I'm playing a role in cooling things down and helping you all continue to stay and post and enjoy being here.

Justin, I'm sorry that I'm using your thread to say all this.  I'll leave this thread here in case you or anyone else wants to resume the original topic of conversation or anything else appropriate ok?

Thanks everyone   Smiley

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #28 - May 19th, 2017 at 9:55pm

Hi Vicky, no worries, I have no issue with you, but I do feel the need to point out some more facts. 

This is what Kathy (Lights of Love) wrote earlier and addressed to Albert and I on this thread--see reply 9:
http://afterlife-knowledge.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1494901120/all

"Justin and Albert,

It seems to me that if the two of you didn't post on Don's threads and he didn't post on yours (also mentioned by Don) *that there would be no problems.

I hope that can happen because I know Roger, Vince, Matthew and I are interested in what Don has to say without the threads digressing into a war of words/beliefs between the three of you." Excerpted from above thread.

*My use of bold and underline. It was a little while after Kathy wrote me a p.m. repeating the above, that I decided to write publicly that I would ignore Don, Vince, and Roger.  By "ignore" I meant what she said/requested above, to stay off their threads and not to reply directly to their posts. 
     I have endeavored to do this since, but Don is not keeping his end of the bargain.  This is as plain as day, as he has recently posted on two of my threads after I wrote I would ignore him et. al.  I'll also note, that in the above, Kathy made it seem like it was more Albert and I causing problem than them.  Clearly, in lieu of recent events/developments, I am trying to follow her advice/request and it is Don et al. who are trying to prod and provoke.
      I've only replied to address this hypocrisy and disconnect between what Don and Kathy have said, and what Don et. al. is doing. I'm only stating facts, and not calling people names, nor attacking.  Just impersonally stating facts.
      If I am banned for that, so be it. I care more about truth, than being accepted by any group. The fact of the matter is, Don, Vince, and Roger are endeavoring to turn this forum into a fundamentalist Christian site. They keep making references to all New Age sources as being demonically influenced.  See Vince's thread called, "The New Age is a Satanic Deception". See Rondele's reply of agreement on there. http://afterlife-knowledge.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1491614012/all    
       (I tried to inject some balance and bigger perspective on there, while not completely disagreeing with the OP. So didn't Matthew and Albert as well).
      Then on other threads, see Don's referring to New Age sources as demonically influenced, etc. (Since I have  a memory like an elepathant for things I care about, I can provide numerous examples if people would like  Smiley
      If you and Bruce are completely ok with all this, then that's your prerogative I suppose.  I'm not ok with it, but your combined will obviously trumps mine. I have no power here.
     Both Albert and I are trying to be helpful to this forum and keep this conversion from being pushed on everyone. If that cannot be seen by the authorities at this site or the majority of posters, well, I don't want to be at a place/group that so lacks objectivity.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #29 - May 19th, 2017 at 10:09pm

I came into helping Bruce after those incidences you mentioned, but I see that Bruce moved that one to off topic.  I glanced through it and it looks like everyone was having a decent discussion on it.

At this point I don't want to have to backtrack into old threads to see who started what, who hates who, etc.  It's way, way too much.  My input in the last couple of days was in the spirit of trying to put all this to rest and everyone just moves forward.  That way, I'm not held responsible for going through all those old threads and posts and trying to figure out who did what.

I see a little bit of jabbing coming from everyone, and I see baiting and I see people being too easily offended.  So my hope is that from this point on it stops and we all move forward.

Then, if someone does something wrong, I hope no one else joins in and adds fuel to it.  Then the offending person will have to be banned, per Bruce's rules not mine.  I gave warnings to several of you as a way to even the playing field. 

Perhaps those threads of a religious nature, whether they are for debate or not, should be started in the Religion & Their Beliefs Forum.  Is everyone in agreement to that? 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.