Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Constant skepticism vs faith & Yeshua's words/life (Read 20281 times)
Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Re: Constant skepticism vs faith & Yeshua's words/life
Reply #30 - May 19th, 2017 at 10:22pm

Vicky:

I agree that it would be good to not try to turn forum into a fundamentalist Christian forum, when it wasn't started for that purpose.

Fundamentalist Strategy #1: Define new age experiences that don't seem to support the Bible as either delusional or demonic.

Fundamentalist Strategy #2: Provide Fundamentalist Christian perspectives.

Fundamentalist Strategy #3: Act indignant when people take exception with this and see what's going on, and try to get those people banned.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #31 - May 19th, 2017 at 10:36pm

Recoverer 2 wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 10:22pm:
Vicky:

I agree that it would be good to not try to turn forum into a fundamentalist Christian forum, when it wasn't started for that purpose.

Fundamentalist Strategy #1: Define new age experiences that don't seem to support the Bible as either delusional or demonic.

Fundamentalist Strategy #2: Provide Fundamentalist Christian perspectives.

Fundamentalist Strategy #3: Act indignant when people take exception with this and see what's going on, and try to get those people banned.

I'm taking it all in Albert, and I hear what you're saying.  I'm going to check with Bruce what he thinks.

Bruce had me move to off topic the thread with the mention of demons, but that was because people were fighting and complaining about each other.  And like I said I saw that he put the previous thread about the same thing off topic.  I can't say that I know why, but I will ask him.  So as far as that's concerned, it's been taken care of.

Is there another thread which still talks about this same thing?  Let me know which ones.   

I'm going to get Bruce involved and ask his thoughts about this and about what you've mentioned here Albert, and see what he thinks and what he wants done if anything. 

I'm being as fair and open-minded to all of you, and I hope you all feel it.  We'll get this straightened out somehow. 

Too bad Bruce isn't feeling so great these days.  But I spoke with him a few days ago and he's still the same old Bruce  Smiley  He cares very much about this site, and I care very much about him.  You do the math.  It's why I'm here trying to help keep the site running for him. 

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #32 - May 19th, 2017 at 10:37pm

Related to Albert's post above mine.  The irony of this situation is that both Albert and I deeply love Yeshua, his teachings, his living presence, as well as the Creator that Yeshua often refers to.  I know the NT way better than does either Vince or Rondele seem to know it.
     Heck, Yeshua is part of the subject title of the thread I started.  Heck, I even quote from the NT here.   Shocked
     Neither of us have a problem with people talking about Yeshua and his teachings. What we have a problem with, is the extremist approach of saying all non fundamentalist type Christian sources are demonically infiltrated and controlled.   
       I happen to believe that there are a number of very good and helpful sources that might be labeled by some under the "New Age" umbrella.  Such as Edgar Cayce, Bob Monroe, Bruce's work (of which about 97% I agree with and find helpful), Tom Campbell, Rosalind McKnight, many NDE's, and others. 
      Considering that both Albert and I always pray to the original Creator and Yeshua for help and guidance before opening ourselves up in meditation, yes, I would say this situation is pretty ironic.
      We are not against Yeshua and the Abba/Immah Creator. We are trying to act as a counterbalance to dogma, elaborate doctrine, fundamentalism, over generalization of other categories of beliefs, and extremism.   

IP Logged

TheDonald

ALK Member

Reply #33 - May 20th, 2017 at 12:42am

Justin: "Not that long ago, both Don and Vince complained about Albert and I responding to their posts and on their threads." 

That is simply false--and you know it.  We simply want you to directly address the subject under discussion. 

Justin: "Since that time, I have started a new thread in this section, and surprise, surprise, whom shows up to but [Don, Vince, and Roger."

I thought you would welcome an honest experience-based testimony on how our skepticism has evolved and functions.

Justin: "Two of the former folks who whined earlier that they wanted Albert and I to completely leave them alone." 

This blatant falsehood reflects your need to interpret as personal attacks our efforts to explore honest disagreement over experiences and sources. 

Albert: "it would be good to not try to turn forum into a fundamentalist Christian forum, when it wasn't started for that purpose."

Do you even understand the meaning of the word "Fundamentalist?" You (not me) brought up my perspective on the groupthink of thought Ghettos.  Neither you nor Justin seem willing to think outside the New Age box.  Much of what I have experienced and have to say is anathema to Fundamentalists!  Will you ever be willing to engage the hard work of honest and critical reflection?  Every true intellectual recognizes this foundational question for productive inquiry: If my thinking and beliefs are fundamentally misguided, and if some of my most influential experiences are delusional or distorted, how would I ever be able to find that out?  From the perspective of philosophical epistemology, a rational overview is meaningless if it is in principle unfalsifiable.

Albert: "Fundamentalist Strategy #1: Define new age experiences that don't seem to support the Bible as either delusional or demonic."

First, I have never described Bruce's, Justin's, or your experiences as "demonic."   I have pointed out Swedenborg's experiences that point to reincarnationism as delusional and the reasons for this judgment.   In view of ES's awesome verifications, I would think you'd welcome that counterpoint.  You and Justin profess to love and revere Christ.  As you know, in a blinding vision Christ called Paul to be His mouthpiece in the Gospel era.  So I'd think you'd be interested in Paul's claim that his opponents who also professed love and reverence for Jesus had visions and revelations that were demonic. 

Albert: "Fundamentalist Strategy #2: Provide Fundamentalist Christian perspectives."

This site features a section on "Religion and Their Beliefs."  Your comment seems to begrudge an active use of this section. 

Albert: "Fundamentalist Strategy #3: Act indignant when people take exception with this and see what's going on, and try to get those people banned."

I have never tried to get you or Justin banned.  On the contrary, I have thought that I should limit my stay here because the site few New Age posters now.  Keep in mind that I only returned as a result of encouragement from Roger and Matthew, neither of whom are even professing Christians! 

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #34 - May 20th, 2017 at 1:32am

TheDonald wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 12:42am:
 Justin: "Not that long ago, both Don and Vince complained about Albert and I responding to their posts and on their threads." 

That is simply false--and you know it.  We simply want you to directly address the subject under discussion. 

Justin: "Since that time, I have started a new thread in this section, and surprise, surprise, whom shows up to but [Don, Vince, and Roger."

I thought you would welcome an honest experience-based testimony on how our skepticism has evolved and functions.

Justin: "Two of the former folks who whined earlier that they wanted Albert and I to completely leave them alone." 

This blatant falsehood reflects your need to interpret as personal attacks our efforts to explore honest disagreement over experiences and sources. 

(Extra long winded, long suffering..)..Sigh... Don, buddy ole pal, then why did Kathy say what I quoted her to say earlier? 

Or, more to the point, why did you say this below,
TheDonald wrote on May 16th, 2017 at 5:36pm:
If I had my way, Albert and Vince would not respond to my threads and I would not respond to theirs.*  But since they initiated the polemics, I will respond to clarify my attacked perspective. Then when I have replied to the  questions of the posters who interest me, I will again desert the site for an indefinite period of time.

*my use of bold, underline, and italic. Excerpted from the following thread:
http://afterlife-knowledge.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1494701075

Take some deep breaths Brother, and then go read my Attunement thread and practice the various things there. After awhile, you'll find your memory, perception, intuition, understanding, wisdom increasing/sharpening/expanding. 
      These conversations between us, are really starting to remind me of the "debates" between the religious Pharisees, Sadducee's, Scribes and that young, upstart Yeshua. 
      Btw, note on that thread, that I had to correct you about writing "Vince", when you really meant me "Justin".  Your perception is slipping a bit, it seems. 
      So why don't we follow what Kathy earlier asked/advised and stated that you wanted, and what you earlier stated you desired?  Why don't you stay off my threads and I will stay off your threads?  Then truly can we all be one big happy dysfunctional family.   Grin
       Do we have a deal?  Do you have the self discipline to follow through?  In any case, we have something in common...  We BOTH keep saying we're gonna leave the forum, but neither of us do!  Shocked  We may be more alike than we realize!   Shocked  Wink  Grin   
     But seriously, lighten up dude. You're WAY too serious of late.  Smile, joke, have some fun--this is not a fight to the death where we have to be all grimmed face and rattle our deadly sabers at each other. Grrrr  Angry  When a person get's too serious, usually there is a lack of heart attunement and openness going on.
     Personally, I just want to go grab a beer with you. You're an interesting guy, and though we have some definite differences of opinion and perception, we both love and focus on Yeshua and his teachings, we're both intense seekers of truth.  I think you would find, that at the end of the day, we probably have more in common than we do major differences. 
     Yes, I've been teasing you a bit, and pointing out some of your...let's shall we say illusions, but it's all in good natured ribbing and for a deeper purpose.

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #35 - May 20th, 2017 at 1:31pm

If people sincerely and deeply pray to the Creator, Yeshua, and/or the collective Beings of pure Light (aka the purely Creative Forces) for help, then such an individual will be helped by these. If they live their lives backing up such seeking, then that help will become ever more apparent, and a strong interconnection will be built up between the individual and that collective Force of pure Light. 

In either case, if one is seeking information, then one should always use their discrimination and discernment.  There are certain techniques and methods, besides the above prayer/intention setting, that also help and strengthen this connection. 

The one that Bruce teaches about remembering the feeling of Love, is an excellent one. Feeling and tuning into gratitude/appreciation also helps.   

There is no need for outright fear. This Universe/Creation is primarily benevolent in the larger reality.  It's here on earth, that there is the most problems with dark forces.  But even then, the truth is, the majority of people are decent hearted and trying to spiritually grow.  Only a minority are psychopathic, and truly and more fully evil. 

Well, it's like that in the larger reality too. Yes, there are some bad apples out there, but there are entire groves of trees with healthy, growing fruit at the same time.  Specific intentions and prayers are important.  So aren't one's inner motivations.  In other words, according to the Universal Law built into all of Creation, Like attracts and begets Like.  Light attracts and begets Light.  Negativity/selfishness/fear attracts and begets negativity (and attracts/builds up connection to dark forces from without.)

Perhaps when an individual is more dark than Light themselves within, they project that darkness onto others and the larger reality?   Perhaps such individuals unbeknownst to themselves, have Reptilian claws embedded in their energy system, helping to skew and distort their perceptions and beingness? 

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #36 - May 20th, 2017 at 3:51pm

Don:

Some of what I said applies to you, some to Dude, and some to Roger.

Combined, over the years, you've written a lot of posts, and I'm not going to spend time trying to dig all of them up.

On more than one occasion you have said that you aren't impressed with the retrieval accounts people present at this forum. It could be that your criteria for assessing them might not be what is needed in order to determine their authenticity. You present your lucid dream experience as if it is proof that the spiritual experiences of other people aren't valid. If I remember correctly, in the past, you've made statements that seem to suggest that Robert Monroe might have been misled by some misleading being, when you spoke of the occasion when he met the Creator.

You obviously don't believe in the Disk viewpoint. So either you believe that people who receive information about Disks and have experiences with their Disks are either deceived by misleading beings or deluded in some way. Since Bruce has spoken of Disks extensively, whether you say so or not, you are implying that either he was misled or is deluded, because what other explanation is there for you speaking against the Disk viewpoint in the way that you do?

For myself, I wasn't overly quick to accept the Disk viewpoint despite my related experiences, the information I received, what sources that seem credible to me say,  and what makes sense to me and feels right, because I make a point of questioning the information before me in a very thorough way.

I came to this site because I like Bruce's books. I would recommend them to others. When I read about things such as his encounters with aliens I don't assume that he has been misled or delusional? How about you, what do you think?

Regarding being a fundamentalist, it's kind of strange that I referred to you in that way, because through the years I never thought of you as a fundamentalist. My guess is that there are some Christian fundamentalists that would be at odds with you. I used the term "fundamentalist" sort of like the term "New Age" is used. In some cases it isn't completely accurate to say "New Age." Nevertheless, for the sake of conversation, sometimes we use the term. I used the term "fundamentalist" with the same frame of mind.

I didn't want to say "Christian," because I don't have a problem with Jesus. What troubles me is when some people are so into "not" veering away from what the Bible says, that they find it necessary to make sweeping statements that seem to say that if somebody experiences something that isn't in accord with the Bible, such as the Disk viewpoint through something such as a lucid dream, then that something must be the result of delusion, or being misled by demons.

Most the information I obtained about Disks happened while I was fully conscious, not during a lucid dream. When it comes to the information I received from lucid dreams, despite what is so for you, I trust what I experienced. Going by how some of my lucid dreams have taken place, it seems quite clear that they are created by a consciousness beyond my own, perhaps by my Disk. They have always served the purpose of teaching me something. My retrieval experiences don't happen through lucid dreams.

To some degree I believe it is disrespectful for you or Dude to make statements that suggest that the spiritual experiences of other people aren't genuine, and in some cases free from dark outside influences. I believe it is okay for me to be unhappy about the two of you making such statements.

Consider Vicky. I've read her book, I've read some of her posts, she seems like wonderful person; add all together-- I don't know one hundred percent for certain since I am not her--but overall, I believe she had the experiences she wrote about. I  do not believe  she is deluded. I do not believe she was mislead by demonic beings. I believe that spirit beings that love her deeply have communicated and worked with her. Some of these beings are beings that she knew before she incarnated in this world and that she will know after she leaves this world. There is nothing wrong or unnatural about this, no matter how many demon-like beings exist. Love-based beings should determine who we can or cannot interact with, not demons!

I believe it is a shame when you, Dude and Roger try to scare people away from exploring the spirit world and making connections to their spirit friends, because it can be done in a way that is genuine and free of negative influence.

Vicky:

Regarding your post to me, I hope the above will do. Please let me know if it doesn't.

IP Logged

TheDonald

ALK Member

Reply #37 - May 20th, 2017 at 4:22pm

Albert,

No one longs to believe in retrievals and even perform them more than me.  The Bible teaches the possibility of soul retrievals and the possibility of retrievals is one way to make real the fact that God's love does not abandon anyone after death.  So I joined this site around 2001 because I hoped that testimonies would encourage me to believe that many today are actually performing retrievals. 
So it was with great sadness that my perusal of retrieval stories and my practice with the Gateway CDs reluctantly convinced me that the reported retrievals, including my onw, were not authentic. 

I liken that journey to my lifelong experience and observation of speaking in tongues.  In my view, no human experience (including NDE encounters with the Being of Light) can even remotely approach the power, beauty, and transforming character of the genuine manifestation of tongues.  So it is with great sadness that I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that 95% of glossolalia experiences I have observed are bogus.  That conclusion makes me cautious about recommending that others pursue this gift, because I don't want to send then down a path the ultimately climaxes in disillusionment.  What I can and will do in my thread on this subject is identify the method that worked for me.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #38 - May 20th, 2017 at 4:59pm

What is "glossolalia experiences?"

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #39 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:41pm

Hi Don,

Still waiting on that apology for you basically calling me a liar. I gave you clear proof of what I was talking about.  Previously you used strong words in relation to me and what I had said, such as "blatant falsehood". 

What do you think Yeshua would think and feel about you accusing people of lying/falsehoods without merit, and then without apologizing when you were shown wrong?  Do you think he would be happy with, or like such behavior?  How does that reflect on Christians and the Christian community?  Are you serving God or him when engaging in such judgmental and limiting behavior?

Anyways, a simple sorry, I was wrong and misspoke, would suffice. This odd human is quick to look past other's errors or attacks directed his way, particularly with those he knows tend to be sincere most of the time otherwise. I'm making this an issue, because I sense that humility would be a helpful pattern for you to engage in more. 

I know a little something about that. The Sun Sign I'm born under, Capricorn, rules the knees in the body Temple. The deeper, spiritual significance of same is that of bending the knee in prayer to a higher power, and to service to the whole--think Yeshua washing his disciples' feet. In other words, humility and learning to be led. I've had to learn to be more humble and give up my self will.
    Did I not tell you not long ago in a p.m. that you had a strong focus on self will, aka symbolically strong focus on the throat center?  The counter part/balance to same is the knees.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #40 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:49pm

Recoverer 2 wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 3:51pm:
Consider Vicky. I've read her book, I've read some of her posts, she seems like wonderful person; add all together-- I don't know one hundred percent for certain since I am not her--but overall, I believe she had the experiences she wrote about. I  do not believe  she is deluded. I do not believe she was mislead by demonic beings. I believe that spirit beings that love her deeply have communicated and worked with her. Some of these beings are beings that she knew before she incarnated in this world and that she will know after she leaves this world. There is nothing wrong or unnatural about this, no matter how many demon-like beings exist. Love-based beings should determine who we can or cannot interact with, not demons!

I believe it is a shame when you, Dude and Roger try to scare people away from exploring the spirit world and making connections to their spirit friends, because it can be done in a way that is genuine and free of negative influence.

Vicky:

Regarding your post to me, I hope the above will do. Please let me know if it doesn't.

Albert,

All is good between us, always has been, and I appreciate your above post.  Very nicely stated. Yesterday I was getting emails from just about everybody...except Don  Wink.  And Bruce has informed me of his resolution, so I'm relieved to have that finally settled.

Thank you for your comments and compliments of my book and my experiences.  I know it wasn't the best-written book of all time but it's all true.  And I'm continuing to write...have two more books in the works that I'm still determined to put out there...and I hope they are better than the first. 

At any rate, I always love hearing someone stick up for me as far as the content of what I share.  I myself don't claim to even have all the answers about my own experiences.  In many ways I'm still discovering so much.  But one thing I know is true and one thing I can always count on is being a keen observer, being as open-minded and objective as I can, and telling the truth.  I have no reason to fool anybody let alone myself.  So, thanks for believing in me.

And on that note I'm sure Roger won't mind me saying this...he was a huge player in proofing my book.  He did an exceptional job and I learned a lot from him.  And you know what he told me afterward?  That he wasn't really sure he believes in everything I wrote about but that he does believe me, that he could tell I'm being honest and sincere in what I was sharing.  That was a wonderful compliment that I've never forgotten.  And it's really all I can hope for, because my goal really isn't to convince or prove anything to anyone.  But to have people believe me, believe that I'm an honest person, real and genuine, and true to myself, that's the best compliment I can hope for. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #41 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:55pm

TheDonald wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 4:22pm:
Albert,

No one longs to believe in retrievals and even perform them more than me.  The Bible teaches the possibility of soul retrievals and the possibility of retrievals is one way to make real the fact that God's love does not abandon anyone after death.  So I joined this site around 2001 because I hoped that testimonies would encourage me to believe that many today are actually performing retrievals. 
So it was with great sadness that my perusal of retrieval stories and my practice with the Gateway CDs reluctantly convinced me that the reported retrievals, including my onw, were not authentic. 

Don,

I assume you've shared your experiences before and your reasons for not believing your own experiences to be authentic, but can you sum up why you feel that way? 

I appreciate your desire for research, but perhaps too much focus on research of other people's experience while at the same time seeking your own experiences isn't the best way to go. 

My technique going about it is that when something catches my interest, before doing research about it I first seek out my own direct experience if I can.  There is a lot behind the saying "beginner's luck".  What it is is that when we go into something with a fresh mind like a clean slate we have nothing to block our expectations, perceptions, or beliefs.  I've found it to be the best and most authentic way to gather now only my own direct experience but also my own untainted opinions and beliefs. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #42 - May 20th, 2017 at 9:10pm

Vicky:

The main thing I was unhappy about is that I don't believe it is nice when people try to belittle the experiences of others, partly with the motive of promoting their own agenda. Now that I said what I had in mind, I feel no need to go on with the subject.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #43 - May 20th, 2017 at 9:12pm

Yes, belittling of any kind is not ok and definitely not in the spirit of what Bruce wants here. 

Here's hoping things will move forward smoothly!

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Johannesburg South Africa
Reply #44 - May 21st, 2017 at 6:16am

Quote:
  If people sincerely and deeply pray to the Creator, Yeshua, and/or the collective Beings of pure Light (aka the purely Creative Forces) for help, then such an individual will be helped by these. If they live their lives backing up such seeking, then that help will become ever more apparent, and a strong interconnection will be built up between the individual and that collective Force of pure Light. 

In either case, if one is seeking information, then one should always use their discrimination and discernment.  There are certain techniques and methods, besides the above prayer/intention setting, that also help and strengthen this connection. 

The one that Bruce teaches about remembering the feeling of Love, is an excellent one. Feeling and tuning into gratitude/appreciation also helps.   

There is no need for outright fear. This Universe/Creation is primarily benevolent in the larger reality.  It's here on earth, that there is the most problems with dark forces.  But even then, the truth is, the majority of people are decent hearted and trying to spiritually grow.  Only a minority are psychopathic, and truly and more fully evil. 

Well, it's like that in the larger reality too. Yes, there are some bad apples out there, but there are entire groves of trees with healthy, growing fruit at the same time.  Specific intentions and prayers are important.  So aren't one's inner motivations.  In other words, according to the Universal Law built into all of Creation, Like attracts and begets Like.  Light attracts and begets Light.  Negativity/selfishness/fear attracts and begets negativity (and attracts/builds up connection to dark forces from without.)

Perhaps when an individual is more dark than Light themselves within, they project that darkness onto others and the larger reality?   Perhaps such individuals unbeknownst to themselves, have Reptilian claws embedded in their energy system, helping to skew and distort their perceptions and beingness? 

Jesus made it very clear that we should not pray to him but to the Father God in his (Jesus's name)

The truth remains the truth, no matter what we think the truth is, the truth is the truth regardless

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.