Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Communicating with dead relatives = demons? (Read 26340 times)
jdee190

ALK Member

Re: Communicating with dead relatives = demons?
Reply #30 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 11:53am

Cheers for the recommendation Andy, ive read 200 pages already.

There is no doubt George Anderson is genuine, but I still have doubts whether it is really loved ones speaking, or it is satan or demons. Really frustrating as it is a great book Sad

Surelh it cant be demons as all the messages are loving, and there are messages such as keep praying the Rosary etc??

IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #31 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 3:24pm

Crossbow,
"Conflict is a fascinating subject isn't it?"

I find that it is because I see/hear about it and/or deal with it in some form or another almost every day. Like you said about the ball and the man, the idea and the one holding the thought; discriminating and playing fairly are decent thoughts. When that isn't the case it's fascinating to learn and know about dealing with that without becoming a doormat nor going overboard. Some kind of balance, depending on the situation it seems like. Loving or accepting everything doesn't feel right nor quite compute.

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

Andy B

ALK Member

Staffordshire, England
Reply #32 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 3:56pm

Hi Jdee,

I'm glad you like the book and it certainly does look like he's genuine.

As for demons and satan, what you have to ask yourself is why would they pretend to be peoples dead relatives whilst giving messages of hope and love?

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, but I'm not in the same position as you as I have never been religious so have not spent any time in church, I'm not aware of what they teach.

I can imagine it being hard to let go of old beliefs, especially if they have been burned into your memory from a young age. This is not to say following any religion is the wrong thing to do, it's not but an open mind is a valuable requirement for everybody.

Some time ago I came across a site with a paranormal section, I noticed a bunch of people whose views were "it doesn't exist" "believers are mentally ill" "blah blah blah".

These people claimed to be scientific minded  Roll Eyes. They're not, far from it infact as they are holding onto they're own beliefs like their lives depend on it. I like to see how peoples minds work, I have for as long as I can remember. It's difficult to do over the internet mind, but after questioning these people I came to the conclusion that they had dedicated their lives to studying the current scientific view and came to their own conclusion that that's all it's about.

Anything that challenges their viewpoint is viciously attacked by them as they for some reason don't want things to change from how they are. It reminds me of religion and some of it's followers. Although they believe in different things psychologically they're the same sort of people.

I'm speaking of pseudoskeptics.

I read a quote the other day from a true skeptic site, which is what I consider myself to be.

"The most productive mindset you can have is simply this: always, always, always have a belief system that doesn’t resist change. Go wherever the information leads you, without fear, because surely the truth is never something to dread."

Also the site it is from may be of interest to you.

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/characteristics.php

I hope this helps you out Jdee.

Andy

IP Logged

jdee190

ALK Member

Reply #33 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 4:45pm

The reason the Church claims it is demons is because it turns people away from Jesus.

But people say this is a fabrication of the Church, to control people and not let them have direct contact with God. Mediums etc diminish the Church's power and during the inquisition the Church burned mediums and the like at the stake, of course they made a big mistake by killing a Saint, Joan of Ark.

Yes I was raised Catholic and made to go to mass on a Sunday, but I was never brainwashed by my family, they are just all normal folk.

Its my own fault this mess im in, I basically brainwashed myself about 8 months ago by reading into religion online.

Before it all happened I never thought about death or worried about religion, I was just a normal teen.

Cheers

IP Logged

Andy B

ALK Member

Staffordshire, England
Reply #34 - Nov 30th, 2011 at 3:45pm

Jdee,

I wasn't trying to say your family brainwashed you  Smiley.

The link to the skeptic site has a section about christianity, take a look at it it might help you out. It talks about the contradictions and other stuff that I don't understand  Cheesy.

Andy

IP Logged

crossbow

ALK Member

Reply #35 - Nov 30th, 2011 at 11:08pm

Volu wrote on Nov 28th, 2011 at 3:24pm:
Crossbow,
"Conflict is a fascinating subject isn't it?"

I find that it is because I see/hear about it and/or deal with it in some form or another almost every day. Like you said about the ball and the man, the idea and the one holding the thought; discriminating and playing fairly are decent thoughts. When that isn't the case it's fascinating to learn and know about dealing with that without becoming a doormat nor going overboard. Some kind of balance, depending on the situation it seems like. Loving or accepting everything doesn't feel right nor quite compute.

We can accept and love conflict. See it as an opportunity to learn and grow, to exercise qualities and virtues such as fairness, leniency, mercy, strength, courage, restraint, discernment, to know our cause, identify benefits, to exercise force with love, love our enemy, test our resolve, put others and our cause above our self, overcome our weaknesses, etc, and all while under pressure. Is easier said than done of course, but recognising conflict's opportunities and payoffs does make it more interesting, takes the dread out of it and makes life a serious sort of game. Conflict is life. The conflict we see is life accelerating to a speed where its innate ever existent conflict becomes noticeable. Conflict is there anyway, in life, its just to slow, small or large to perceive by normal sight. Buts that's probably not strictly for this thread - although Jdee is displaying internal conflict of ideas. That's progress, learning, acceleration of life. 

IP Logged

jdee190

ALK Member

Reply #36 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 2:45pm

Andy B wrote on Nov 30th, 2011 at 3:45pm:
Jdee,

I wasn't trying to say your family brainwashed you  Smiley.

The link to the skeptic site has a section about christianity, take a look at it it might help you out. It talks about the contradictions and other stuff that I don't understand  Cheesy.

Andy

I didnt interpret in that way anyway Andy!

Ive finished reading We Dont Die.

IP Logged

Volu

Reply #37 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 3:22pm

Crossbow, come to think of it, conflicts exist where there's (some kind of) lack of balance. Note to my smaller self: remember that one.

I agree with most of your points, though exercising the right amount of force in a given situation doesn't have to involve love. An understanding that one can get into victim or victimizer territory unless cautious will do just fine - which also signifies too little or too much force applied, and thus the remedy. I see putting others above our selves as the same deal as as putting our selves above others.

IP Logged

crossbow

ALK Member

Reply #38 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 10:05pm

Volu wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 3:22pm:
Crossbow, come to think of it, conflicts exist where there's (some kind of) lack of balance. Note to my smaller self: remember that one.

I agree with most of your points, though exercising the right amount of force in a given situation doesn't have to involve love. An understanding that one can get into victim or victimizer territory unless cautious will do just fine - which also signifies too little or too much force applied, and thus the remedy. I see putting others above our selves as the same deal as as putting our selves above others.

I like your reasoning Volu.

Yes, balance is stationary. It eventually falls over anyway and just lays there. We don't want to fall for that "seeking balance" business or we'll be sitting on our bottoms most of our life like hippies, getting nothing done and learning very little.

Imbalance is motion and progress. That is how we stand and walk; adjusting and directing our imbalance. Life is about managing imbalance. 

By definition, leniency is force combined with love; is right use of force. Leniency includes mercy. Mercy is the cessation of force when it is no longer required. These are two of a hundred definitions I learnt at "definition school"  Wink a sort of out of body college.

When force is required to be exercised it should be exercised with love - that is best. That will keep the force right and appropriate, will make it rise to the occasion - and be the best that it can be. Love is the leavening agent.

As example: If our own brother whom we love were to go crazy and attack us in a wild fit of rage, we would have to fight him. If he were to try to kill us, we would have to fight him drastically, perhaps we would have to injure him to disable him and lay him down. And then we would help him recover and get him treated for his craziness. But all the time we fought him we loved him, regardless of his craziness and his trying to kill us. Our love for him prevented us from doing more harm to him than was required to stop him. This is love and force combined. Force is lenient and merciful when it loves. If we remember our love for others, then when we conflict and use force we will do so fairly.

These things are easier said than done, of course; and they are not my teachings. I learnt these things attending classes out of body. I just try to live up to them (I don't do very well) and pass a few of them on. They are interesting aren't they?   

IP Logged

Volu

Reply #39 - Dec 4th, 2011 at 4:07pm

"Yes, balance is stationary. It eventually falls over anyway and just lays there. We don't want to fall for that 'seeking balance' business or we'll be sitting on our bottoms most of our life like hippies, getting nothing done and learning very little."

Do hippies talk about love on both their in and out breaths, Crossbow? Wink I figure some hippies would figure balance is passive, but it does seem to be constantly moving by potentially addressing the polarities with their too much and too little, too soft and too hard and so on. New situations, new challenges, new imbalances to address, balance and keep in balance. Not exactly cozy time for the 'ol bum/ass.

I can't speak for us, you can't speak for me, so I won't join the group of 'we don't want to' btw.

"Imbalance is motion and progress. That is how we stand and walk; adjusting and directing our imbalance. Life is about managing imbalance."

Walking, that's one act of being in and keeping the balance. Managing imbalance, agreed.

"If we remember our love for others, then when we conflict and use force we will do so fairly."

It's a great softener, love, but doesn't work on every pair of dirty socks. Fair meets unfair - Leave, and unfair is gone. Bend over, and err.. too fair with unfair. Unfair, instant balance. Love, unfair gets fair. Love, unfair gets very unfair though the fairytale said love conquered everything.

I talked with a friend yesterday about her relationship with a guy and she told me her love for him has made it difficult to do what she thinks is right. Sinks right into the service to others concept, where the flip side is service to self. A polarized concept. A little of both, without the service/obligation part, goes a long way.

"These things are easier said than done, of course; and they are not my teachings. I learnt these things attending classes out of body. I just try to live up to them (I don't do very well) and pass a few of them on. They are interesting aren't they?"

They are while a little on the light 'n bright side. You do seem like a reflected fellow with interesting experiences, so it has been fun to read your responses and other posts.

IP Logged

crossbow

ALK Member

Reply #40 - Dec 4th, 2011 at 11:04pm

Volu wrote: "It's a great softener, love, but doesn't work on every pair of dirty socks. (he he he) Fair meets unfair - Leave, and unfair is gone. Bend over, and err.. too fair with unfair. Unfair, instant balance. Love, unfair gets fair. Love, unfair gets very unfair though the fairytale said love conquered everything."

Volu, the love I speak of is not soft or in any way weak. It can hold its own against unfairness. Love doesn't neglect doing what must be done; it deals with situations as they require to be dealt with.

And fairness is not a pushover either. Fairness is appropriateness; is an appropriate response. Not too much and not too little, but juuust right. Fairness does what is required. Fairness considers the other, is respectful, demonstrates leniency and mercy, but still does what must be done.

ps. Don't mind me teasing hippies. I was only poking fun. Do you really think I would dislike hippies just because they're hippies? What's a hippie anyway? You're not a hippie are you Volu?  Wink Besides, I wasn't really having a shot at hippies, but rather, at those who are lazy and justify it with a philosophy. There's quite a bit of that in our societies, have you noticed? Philosophy built in an attempt to justify one's own weaknesses. That's how the weak make themselves look elevated and virtuous, while inferring the strong are something less than them.  

IP Logged

kirolak

What brings you here will
take you somewhere else

Reply #41 - Dec 5th, 2011 at 1:44am

Just to jump in here, hope no-one minds. . . why are "demons" always portrayed as negative beings?  They have a role to play in the scheme of things, too, in my experience - & I find that ANY belief systems, of any kind,  are just chains to bind the free-ranging spirit.  The original title of this post is a case in point; a conflict which has its basis in beliefs. Sad

IP Logged

eric

ALK Member

Reply #42 - Dec 5th, 2011 at 1:34pm

Religion has done nothing but make me miserable.  Casting off the shackles of christianity was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

I really don't mean to offend, there are some great christians out there and Jesus taught some great things.  But in my personal experience, religion just gets in the way.

What a relief Focus 27 is!  No hell for infadels, no god telling people how to behave.

IP Logged

Volu

Reply #43 - Dec 5th, 2011 at 2:13pm

"And fairness is not a pushover either. Fairness is appropriateness; is an appropriate response. Not too much and not too little, but juuust right. Fairness does what is required. Fairness considers the other, is respectful, demonstrates leniency and mercy, but still does what must be done."

Crossbow, those sure are fair thoughts to have before harmonizing with action. Glad that you care to write how you think. I do think that a slap for a slap or an eye for an eye is fair enough in some situations.

"ps. Don't mind me teasing hippies. I was only poking fun. Do you really think I would dislike hippies just because they're hippies? What's a hippie anyway? You're not a hippie are you Volu? Wink"

Do you mind the teasing about the teasing then? At least a part of your definition of hippies can be gleaned by reading 'sitting on our bottoms, like hippies'. No, got too much fire for that though passive doesn't have to make knock-knock jokes before I invite it in. Did you fancy how the hippe/balance connection was countered with a hippe/love connection?

"Besides, I wasn't really having a shot at hippies, but rather, at those who are lazy and justify it with a philosophy. There's quite a bit of that in our societies, have you noticed? Philosophy built in an attempt to justify one's own weaknesses. That's how the weak make themselves look elevated and virtuous, while inferring the strong are something less than them."

Justify one's weaknesses and weak elevating themselves can be a bit like whomever uttering..something..and become like snakes eating their own tails. There's enough laziness to go around. Ok, now that the disclaimer has been mentioned:

No action to be accountable for with follow-up consequences. Smooth sailing with no windy tucked away issues to rock the boat. Have a cigar & ride the gravy train while doing nada. Jesus saves. The ascended masters save. I/you/him/her save/s. Save it for a rainy day. It's all doom and gloom, so nevermind. Everything's love, so nevermind. It doesn't matter. Welfare - breeding made easy. Why make an effort when there's a button within reach? Awakening by merely sitting in a lotus position. Why take one's own steps while there are other's to guide, correct and live through?

Ok, enough writing and thinking. Going to sit in the recliner for the rest of the evening, but first gotta find the Milk Opener 2000 so that I can have a glass of milk without all the hard work of opening the carton.

PS1. Anyone, are Moens books available as audiobooks? How are the movies compared to the books?

PS2. The spellchecker is awesome, but couldn't be bothered to fix all the mistakes.

IP Logged

crossbow

ALK Member

Reply #44 - Dec 5th, 2011 at 7:23pm

Kirolak,
Yes those demons get a bit of bad press, but they can take it. We needn't worry about offending them like we have to with so many over sensitive humans.

Eric,
Is Focus 27 your new religion?

Volu,
You make some interesting points. No I don't mind being teased at all. I like it. There's nothing like a good to and fro. And I don't mind a slap for a slap either. 

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.