Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Communicating with dead relatives = demons? (Read 26347 times)
crossbow

ALK Member

Re: Communicating with dead relatives = demons?
Reply #15 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 9:51pm

Eternity For All Radio wrote on Nov 19th, 2011 at 3:52pm:
jdee190 wrote on Nov 18th, 2011 at 3:13pm:
A Christian told me that mediums are the work of Satan and when they contact the dead it is really demons and they will end up in Hell.

This has upset me as my mum recently recieved very good news about my late grandad from a medium Sad

Hello, dear wonderful friend! Please do not worry at what this particular person has told you! Almost everyone, whether they realize it or not, receives thoughts and messages from deceased loved ones - and it's not the work of the devil! There is nothing wrong with communicating with the deceased through mediums. It is a perfectly healthy and safe way to connect with people who have passed on.

I have spent a very long time reading afterlife evidence, and I can personally assure you that your grandfather is doing fine over there - in fact he is better than ever!  Grin The afterlife is a truly wondrous place.

Trust me, dear friend, anyone sending you a message of love and forgiveness is most assuredly the person you think they are, not some negative being.

I truly hope this helps!

Thugs, robbers and rapists who enjoy inflicting trouble on others prefer to approach their target by feigning good intentions so they can get within striking range. Pilferers, thieves, manipulators, false pursuaders, invaders of every sort, arsonists, and every sort of deceiver does much the same. They show their best side on first approach. Many people barely even know their own intentions. They present well, show friendliness, even friendship, reassurance, assure they can be trusted, display love, forgiveness, kindness, and good and helpful motive, to hide intent that is self interested. They even hide and deny their self interest from themselves. Rare are those who portray themselves as they are. And after death people are much the same as when they were alive. 

IP Logged

jdee190

ALK Member

Reply #16 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 11:46am

I was at mass today, and the gospel message was about the second coming, and how the true believers will be saved and go to eternal heaven, while all the others will go to eternal fire with satan!

What is that all about?

IP Logged

Andy B

ALK Member

Staffordshire, England
Reply #17 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 1:26pm

"true believers will be saved and go to eternal heaven, while all the others will go to eternal fire with satan!"

What is a true believer and what are all of the others?

It's far too vague to be of any use to anybody.

So a child murdering rapist gets eternal heaven as long as he is a true believer but a good person who does the right thing gets eternal hell with satan if they aren't a true believer.

It makes more sense to me if it means one who lives by the ways of Christ is saved  (the good) and those who don't (murderers) don't. However I think eternal fire with satan is a metaphor rather than what it says on the tin.

All in all, you can take it how you want to take it I suppose.

I highly doubt that whatever you choose to believe in in this life has anything to do with living by the way of Christ or not . An Atheist can very well be a better person than the average Muslim and vice versa.

Andy

IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #18 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 1:46pm

jdee,
"What is that all about?"

Pretty straightforward belief: If you're not a true believer, you'll sizzle in hell with satan lol'ing in unholy surround sound, for days upon days.

Yet you question that. So, what's up, in your opinion?

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

jdee190

ALK Member

Reply #19 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 1:58pm

Because it doesnt agree with my true feelings and makes God look evil

IP Logged

jdee190

ALK Member

Reply #20 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 3:44pm

Im going to order that george anderson book, it will help me im sure!

Any other good books that will relieve my worry and fear?

IP Logged

crossbow

ALK Member

Reply #21 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 11:56pm

It refers to the eternal ongoingness of the law of consequence (karma for those who like foriegn words). For as long as you do good, the returns are good; for as long as you do evil, the returns are evil. The law of consequence is eternal, as is the law of accordance, that is what returns to us accords with what we sent out. 

These personifications and symbolic representations (satan, eternal burning hell, old man God sitting on a cloud, etc) aided humanity in grasping concepts. Abstract concepts need to be concretised and symbolised when they are introduced. Nowadays people don't like the old biblical and Christian depictions because people feel too clever for them but they are still helpful as stark contrasting depictions. Nothing clarifies like contrast. Like Santa Clause depicts and teaches good will to children, so too the old religious depictions teach the laws of life.

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #22 - Nov 21st, 2011 at 5:55am

'Thugs, robbers and rapists who enjoy inflicting trouble on others prefer to approach their target by feigning good intentions so they can get within striking range. Pilferers, thieves, manipulators, false pursuaders, invaders of every sort, arsonists, and every sort of deceiver does much the same. They show their best side on first approach. Many people barely even know their own intentions. They present well, show friendliness, even friendship, reassurance, assure they can be trusted, display love, forgiveness, kindness, and good and helpful motive, to hide intent that is self interested.' ... my Crossbow you move in some interesting circles not sure I ever want to trust anyone ever again !

These personifications and symbolic representations (satan, eternal burning hell, old man God sitting on a cloud, etc) aided humanity in grasping concepts. Abstract concepts need to be concretised and symbolised when they are introduced. Nowadays people don't like the old biblical and Christian depictions because people feel too clever for them but they are still helpful as stark contrasting depictions. Nothing clarifies like contrast. Like Santa Clause depicts and teaches good will to children, so too the old religious depictions teach the laws of life'. Yes and the reason we have outgrown these concepts is because history has shown us that they give consistently poor results for humankind !

IP Logged

crossbow

ALK Member

Reply #23 - Nov 21st, 2011 at 8:04am

Heisenberg69 said: "Yes and the reason we have outgrown these concepts is because history has shown us that they give consistently poor results for humankind !"

Yes Heisenberg, I agree it looks that way from here. But there are higher vantage points and they reveal a wider view.

IP Logged

Bardo

Reply #24 - Nov 21st, 2011 at 2:13pm

jdee190 wrote on Nov 20th, 2011 at 3:44pm:

jdee,
Look at John Edward, a well-known psychic medium, who is also a devout catholic. His book "One more Time" talks about his faith and his psychic life. I can't vouch for his abilities, but I did enjoy the book. Let us know what you think after you read these books.

IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #25 - Nov 21st, 2011 at 2:19pm

Crossbow,
"Thugs, robbers and rapists who enjoy inflicting trouble on others prefer to approach their target by feigning good intentions so they can get within striking range."

If the others were trained to turn the other cheek, the thugs would have their carte blanches.

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

Justin aka Vasya
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Nov 21st, 2011 at 2:37pm

Bardo wrote on Nov 21st, 2011 at 2:13pm:
jdee190 wrote on Nov 20th, 2011 at 3:44pm:

jdee,
Look at John Edward, a well-known psychic medium, who is also a devout catholic. His book "One more Time" talks about his faith and his psychic life. I can't vouch for his abilities, but I did enjoy the book. Let us know what you think after you read these books.

My sense is that he is the real deal.  I can tell especially by his eyes.  But this is subjective, and i haven't ever had a reading from him.   His astrological chart shows some definite psychic markers, as do most of the "real deals" that i've come across who have exceptional abilities in these areas. 

Especially prominent Neptune, Uranus, Jupiter, and to a lesser extent Pluto and/or Moon combinations, along with sign indications of especially Pisces ad/or Aquarius, and to a lesser extent Scorpio, Sagittarius, Cancer and Capricorn.  But, sign indications ultimately seem less indicative than the Planetary ones, on average.

These only represent probable tendencies though, use of one's will can change much of these, and i imagine that there are probably some people out there with minimally "psychic" charts who have become more than average, through focused use of the will to change their probable patterns and indications as outlined by their charts or other such indicative systems like numerology, etc.

Speaking of numerology, the numbers of 7 and 9 especially indicate potential for or probable great sensitivity, and to a lesser extent 2, 3, and 8, and of course the so called 'master number' 11.  10 can indicate great awareness in general, which can go well beyond typical psychism, bordering more on complete attunement to ones greater self level, which in astrology is related to the Sun and to Arcturus especially--probable should have added the latter up on the astro part above.

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #27 - Nov 21st, 2011 at 6:48pm

crossbow wrote on Nov 21st, 2011 at 8:04am:
Heisenberg69 said: "Yes and the reason we have outgrown these concepts is because history has shown us that they give consistently poor results for humankind !"

Yes Heisenberg, I agree it looks that way from here. But there are higher vantage points and they reveal a wider view.

Agreed, there are certainly higher vantage points than the one I currently possess ....

Wink

IP Logged

jdee190

ALK Member

Reply #28 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 1:06pm

I ordered We Don't Die, hopefully it will help.

Where did the concept of eternal hell come from and why did the Church teach it?

Even the text 'Apocalypse of Peter' teaches a terrible hell where the damned will suffer forever.

And was Peter not one of Jesus top disciples?

IP Logged

crossbow

ALK Member

Reply #29 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 6:38pm

Volu wrote on Nov 21st, 2011 at 2:19pm:
Crossbow,
"Thugs, robbers and rapists who enjoy inflicting trouble on others prefer to approach their target by feigning good intentions so they can get within striking range."

If the others were trained to turn the other cheek, the thugs would have their carte blanches.

Yes Volu, I expect that would be true. And we wouldn't want that. 

As you know, I am Christian, but I do not live by a code of turning the other cheek. I try to select my battles according to cause and the possibility of benefit. (by cause I mean objective/reason/motive) I try not to conflict against the man but against the idea. Of course the man and his idea are together so he has to be a target, but in our mind and heart we should discriminate between the two. That enables us to play the game as fairly as the situation allows.

Conflict is a fascinating subject isn't it?    

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.