Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
My Criteria for a True Heaven (Read 28398 times)
Cricket

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: My Criteria for a True Heaven
Reply #30 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 8:45pm

I'm always somewhat bemused that people care that much when someone else (unless they're blowing up buildings) says their way is better.  Most of those I know who have passed aren't Christians, and most of them seem to be doing just fine. 

It's almost impossible to tell who converted to what and who stayed that way - I've known people to go on missionary trips to the same place several times, and realize after awhile that they're "converting" the same folks repeatedly - hey, they get outhouses built, or some other perk - easy for them to "convert".  They aren't even necessarily lying...some seem perfectly capable of accepting Christ along with their original god(s) (sort of how Santaria came about).  Regardless, it doesn't matter - if they're happy being Christian, more power to them, but it certainly isn't necessary.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #31 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 11:07pm

bets

I find I am a bit hypersensitive of criticisms of Lucifer..probably because that name and mine have the same Lation root, and my college friends affectionately called me "Lucifer" on occasion.

Over a period of time I have come across different stories about the meaning of calling a devil "Satan" or "Lucifer." I was delighted to see some of them collected on our new old friend, wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer

This account includes a version of the Sufi interpretation I once read, here attributed to J. Campbell. The symbolism is intense.

Enough for now. I vote for all these accounts being personification.

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #32 - Sep 25th, 2008 at 6:32pm

Jeepers Recoverer, It doesn't look so good for those women in the Islamic society of their men are living their lives to what the Koran says. I guess they learn at a very young life not to mess about. I don't agree with what they could be allowed to do. Oppressing women is not the right thing. It wrong and should be treated as such. Further in the article you post it goes on about old Christian ideas being just as oppressive. I am sure there are modern Muslims as there are modern Christians. For me, both of these doctrines are poor examples of true faith onto God. Both discriminate against women. Both use fear and intimidation to keep their sheep in line. I don't think one is any better that the other. I wonder when Jesus or Mohammad look upon our little planet from wherever they are, they see what has been done by the people running the places of worship. Because if the afterlife is anything like how it seams the religions want thing ran, their heavenly place is not where I would want to spend time at.

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #33 - Sep 25th, 2008 at 7:02pm

And I also believe in my heart of hearts that you Don, you are going to find just exactly what you think you will when you get to your heaven. The light, music, all the rest. I know it will be so nice for you. I am not sure what you believe "hell" is like. Perhaps you can share that with us also. (Am I to assume correctly that you also believe in Hell along with this Heaven?) Is there a fear that if things don't go quite right, and you mess thing up, that you might be spending a short time there in  hell before you move on to heaven?
Joe

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #34 - Sep 25th, 2008 at 8:55pm

Hi Joe,

You seem to have some things to say about what others believe, but I'm wondering what impact your explorations and other experiences have had on your beliefs. Would you mind sharing some of these?

Thanks,
Kathy

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

TheDonald

ALK Member

Reply #35 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 1:42am

Labelling higher states of consciousness "heaven" is of course somewhat arbitrary.  In 2 Corinthians 12 Paul describes his apparent OBE visit to Paradise which he locates in the traditional Pharisaic location, the 3rd heaven, and this presumes a multiplicity of heavens and especially a first and 2nd heaven.  Yet ancient Jewish descriptions of the first 2 heavens create a picture more akin to a hell or purgatory.  In 1 Corinthians 3 Paul intriguingly claims that believers whose works don't bear up under close scrutiny are nevertheless ultimately "saved, yet so as by fire."  This text smacks of the later Catholic concept of purgatory.  Yet in ancient Judaism the salvation process "saved, yet so as by (purifying figurative) fire" takes place in Gehenna, Jesus' term for Hell.  The ancient rabbis taught that souls with a rudimentary spirituality spend about a year in Gehenna before they are ready to rise to a higher plane. 

One of the most famous sayings of Jesus about Heaven in the King James Bible is this: "in my Father's house are many mansions (John 14)."  But in the Greek the term translated "mansion" is "mone," which literally means "resting place" or "inn."  The thought is that new arrivals have temporary lodgings in a long journey towards an ever closer oneness with God; and that is precisely how the early church Father, Origen (225 AD) interprets this saying.  But if God is the ground of all being, then Jesus seems to imply that we ultimately become more and more one with all creation, just as mystics often report of their ineffable experiences.

IP Logged

SourceLover
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 11:37am

"But if God is the ground of all being, then Jesus seems to imply that we ultimately become more and more one with all creation, just as mystics often report of their ineffable experiences."

Yes, and in this little backwards system of consciousness that the Earth is the hub of, the physical planets/spheres we call Neptune, Jupiter, and the Sun connect to and represent those nonphysical dimensions where this becomes more overtly conscious. 

And when we reach the dimension/consciousness level connected to and symbolized by the Sun, then do we become aware of the opportunity to graduate/phase out of this little backwards system into greater/more expanded systems. 

Or, think of what Howard Storm said about other life in the Universe.  He was told by Yeshua and the Angels (what I refer as the "Co-Creators"), that in many other worlds/systems, the intelligent beings of same were much closer to the Creator than were humans.  Our Souls can transfer to these other systems and worlds to become one of those groups whom is closer to the Creator. 

And some Souls that are in human form now, come originally from, and/or now directly from those other worlds and systems, on a retrieval mission.

IP Logged

TheDonald

ALK Member

Reply #37 - May 26th, 2017 at 4:29pm

SWEDENBORG ON THE NATURE OF HEAVEN AND HELL

In the heavens communication is telepathic, and so, is no longer based on human languages.  As ES puts it, "They are not able to utter...any name (AC 1876)."  There is no time as we know it in the heavens.  This transcendence of time explains why ES's angels can be so accurate in their predictions. Modern adepts are often fooled by astral  predictions that emanate from ignorant but pretentious lower planes.   

ES encounters beings from other planets in the universe who expand the immensity of heaven.  In the heavens, everyone lives in societies with people of similar uses and disposition.  tHE stereotype of a boring heaven of sterile rest and worship is admittedly reinforced by many Christians.  But ES's astral travels reveal that heaven is far from a place of idleness.  Everyone there has spiritual work to do:

"Some spirits have believed that heavenly happiness consisted of a life of leisure.  Then they were shown in many ways that heavenly life consists of...thoughtful actions...that are services to others...So that these people might feel shame...they are allowed to perceive what kind of life this [idleness] would be.  They see that it is thoroughly miserable (HH 403)." 

ES's picture fits neatly with biblical teaching.  St.
Paul asks rhetorically: "Don't you know that the saints will judge the world?...Don't you know that we will judge angels (1 Corinthians 6:2-3)?"  The Greek for "judge" can be translated "exercise jursidiction over" and the Greek for "world" ("kosmos") can be translated "universe".  So Paul's questions might be translated; "Don't you know that we will have jurisdiction over angel?"  and "Don't you know that the saints will exercise jurisdiction over the universe?"  Thus understood, the latter question may imply a future role for humans as co-creators with God in new universes!  In this regard, the identity of the "us" in Genesis 1:27 is intriguing: "Let us make man in our image."  This can be neither a literary we nor a reference to the Trinity.  So the "us" may refer to intelligent beings from prior creations and may thus hint at our ultimate destiny.  ES learns that there is government in heaven, but only those who are truly useful to others are allowed such power.  This insight parallels Jesus claim that the extent of personal civic jurisdiction in heaven depends on one's faithfulness in performing earthly responsibilities (Luke 19:16-19).

Spirits in the hells and the intermediate realm (ES's "world of spirits") are visible to souls in the heavens.  But "the heavens are not visible to spirits in the world of spirits unless their spiritual sight has been opened (HH 583)."  Those bound for heaven sense that there is an ultimate higher power and are determined to relate to it. 

In my view, Robert Monroe's aversion to the loving God of conventional spiritualities prevents him from exploring the heavens beyond Focus 27.  Some of his "Knowns" seem traceable to misunderstandings emanating from the lower astral planes:  e.g.

"These to me are Knowns: This, our Creator...does not demand worship, adoration, or recognition, does not punish for `evil' or `misdeeds', does not intercede or interdict in our life activity (UJ 224-25)." 

His biased terms "demand" and "punish" deflect attention away from two  truths disclosed by Swedenborg's angels: (1) the heavenbound delight in in worshiping God and feasting on His love.  (2)  Many people are truly evil, but they in effect punish themselves by choosing to ignore the godly loving path in favor of the hellbound path on the basis of the principle like attracts like. 

Entities from the lower astral convey a contrary narcissistic principle to Monroe: "There is no good, there is no evil.  There is only expression (UJ 217)."  This stress on self (valueless self-expression) stands in contrast with the resolve of the heavenbound according to ES: their humility and respect for the greatness of creation fuels a deep resolve to be with others and be of significant use to them.  In the heavens, says ES, the joy of one is the joy of all.  By contrast, the general design of the hells is an orientation towards self over others.  This splits existence apart and causes hell's  dissension.  Despite this, those with this orientation will most comfortably drift towards the company of likeminded people in the hells because they nevertheless feel better there than in the company of saints.  It just suits them better than the heavens. 

According to Monroe, in the astral planes, "there is no greater, there is no lesser.  There is only balance (UJ 217)."  This claim echoes ES's principle which, in my view, expresses this truth more accurately: "The relationship of heaven and hell...is like that of two opposites that act against each other.. This action and reaction yield a state of equilibrium within which everything exists...This is the spiritual balance which provides us with our freedom for thinking and intending (HH 536-57)."  Thus, hell is part of the enrichment of ultimate possibilities.   

Don

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #38 - May 26th, 2017 at 10:52pm

Great post Don. You bring up a good point. It's rare to see anyone consider the possibility that these astral explorers themselves are deluded or limited in their perceptions by their beliefs and biases. Talk about putting your faith in the wrong person.

Back when I was a Monroe fan-boy I was discussing my Monroe-induced beliefs with my mom while questioning her beliefs in Jesus and she said, "so this Monroe guy is your Jesus." At the time it seemed like a very ignorant statement. But looking at it now, her comment was more accurate than I had imagined. No, I wasn't worshiping Monroe as a deity, but I did indeed put complete faith in his words.

Don, do you think God is against us communicating with spirits in light of what is written in the Bible? I'm wondering how we could trust any spirit or "angel" if we are instructed not to get involved with them.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #39 - May 27th, 2017 at 12:59am

A holistically logical counter balance:

This is the full prose that Monroe wrote

Quote:
There is no beginning, there is no end,
There is only change.
There is no teacher, there is no student,
There is only remembering.
There is no good, there is no evil,
There is only expression.
There is no union, there is no sharing,
There is only one.
There is no joy, there is no sadness,
There is only love.
There is no greater, there is no lesser,
There is only balance.
There is no stasis, there is no entropy,
There is only motion.
There is no wakefulness, there is no sleep,
There is only being.
There is no limit, there is no chance,
There is only a plan.

As I keep stressing time and time again, an individual's perceptual capacity and accuracy is directly related to their average, consistent degree of attunement to PUL and the Creator Consciousness within themselves. 
   Bob Monroe was definitely an "old Soul", but he was no Yeshua, therefore, he didn't have 100% clear and accurate perception and translation.  Let's take a guess that Bob had about 85% overall, average/consistent attunement to PUL when UJ was written.  That leaves 15% that is muddy, distorted, not clear. 

Bob got the above ROTE from Beings and a level where they were 100% attuned to PUL and the Creator.  However, he still had to perceive and then translate it.  Not only that, he had to put it into this funny, limited, lacking form of communication called human "words" and "language".  Hence, how likely is it completely true to what these Beings gave it to him as?  Probably unlikely it's 100% correct as THEY know and understand it. 

These are physics that apply to spiritual reality, just as much as gravity, light, magnetism, electricity, etc apply to the physical world.  These spiritual laws are far, far more pervasive and universal, because they don't just apply to this dimension but ALL dimensions.  There is NO going around the Law of Like attracts and begets Like. 

Regarding what Monroe received and translated, try to imagine this: You are are completely immersed in the full Oneness of the Whole.  You can fully see each individual in the pattern, and the larger pattern at the same time.  You can see that for the most part, the overall movement of stuck parts of the Whole is towards Love and growing in that awareness of Oneness with the Whole and with our Source. 

From that ultimate perspective, you understand that limited use of freewill, is almost an invariable or give in by some parts of the Whole (you yourself once experienced that).  Using one's freewill in a limited way and contrary to the Creator's ways and beingness can be considered as "evil" or "sin".  But, from a MUCH larger, broader perspective that almost none of us humans currently have (important to keep in mind), it really could be considered more "temporary immaturity or distraction". 

Evil, like cold in physics, is not an objective force and reality.  It's a temporary one that the children of the Creator have temporarily manifested. The Creator did not (there is no negativity/lack of Love within the Creator Itself).  When those children fully grow up and become adults, it ceases to exist, and the foundation of consciousness and reality is revealed--Love, and we becme Companions and Co-Creators with the First Self. 

So, in a very real and ultimate sense, there no good and no evil, for all of it comes from and goes to Love.

Now, while that is a truth, it's not a very helpful, pragmatic, and comforting truth to those of us still caught up in suffering and the duality/polarity schism.  For us, suffering is very real and should not be discounted.  It's real for those Completed Beings too, because they feel everything we feel and know everything we know. 

They do care, and they do, usually, try to gently guide us back to them and our Source. 

To make casual judgements that Monroe was just getting deceived by immature or deceptive beings, only shows one's own ignorance and lack of deeper insight into the nature of reality from a bigger perspective. 
    Did Monroe get it all right?  Course not, as mentioned, he was no Yeshua in the flesh.  However, he was/is a Helper, and worked for Yeshua unbeknownst to himself for a long time.  He eventually did learn this.  In fact, he was given Big clues even earlier on.

In his second book, he talks about viewing the craziness of the Earth from outside of same (before he got involved I believe), and a large White curl, comes up to him and says something like, it's craziness down there, they're killing and hurting each other, let me tell you about a plan...

Whom was this large White curl?   None other than Yeshua's Soul.  He meets him later in his last book, when he asks his guidance if he could meet the most mature/evolved human in his space/time and meets one "He/She" aka the Risien, immortal Christ Yeshua.  What does He/She say to him, "let me tell you about a plan..." 

Now, Bob was concerned about being overly associated with religion and Christianity, so he kept some of his knowledge and awareness hidden, and even added a bit of misdirection. But, the man was married to a Christian mystic for Christ's sake.  Smiley   
  The man was interested enough in Yeshua, to have his then friend and military trained remote viewer, Joe McMoneagle, to try to remote view a subject that was sealed in an envelope (see McMoneagle's book Time Machine...).  Joe picked up pretty quick that he was viewing Jesus Christ and his influence/impact on humanity (which LATER Monroe revealed the contents of the envelope after the remote viewing was done). 
   Interestingly, Joe saw this Being of immense power, had come in human form a number of times at different points in humanity's history to correct/redirect it's path.  Oddly, for some reason, he often had the same form and appearance, and for some reason, had reddish hair. 

It's very clear that some speak more from knowing and truth, and some speak more from ignorance, supposition, prejudice, and distorted belief systems.

The following was one of Monroe's bigger errors/misinterpretations:

“[Advanced souls] know that they cannot change the system and they don't wish to. They are content to enjoy themselves in the Earth Life System and the only influence they exert is to maximize their experience.” 

Clearly, Monroe himself wasn't speaking completely out of real knowns and knowledge about this.  He was projecting his own beliefs onto the world.  He completely discounted the lives of countless Helpers like Dr. King, Gandhi, Yeshua, Susan B. Anthony, etc who specifically came to nudge the system in certain, more positive directions.  Deep down, Monroe didn't want that kind of responsibility and degree of self sacrifice and so he took the easier way and convinced himself that the system couldn't be changed and truly mature Souls don't try to change it. 
     He was comforting himself/his own ego, as many, many humans do constantly.  Yet, ironically, he himself did try to nudge the system with The Monroe Institute and Hemi-Sync. He could have gone a few steps farther had he had more self discipline and deep desire.  He could have realized full Christ Consciousness while connected to a body.  But as the Teacher of teachers once said, "The Spirit is indeed willing, but the flesh is weak."

Some have come, are here and who are as we speak, in the process of overcoming the flesh and world, even as He did, and just like with Him, most know them not and spit on them instead.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #40 - May 27th, 2017 at 11:07am

Well of course Don and Dude are going to speak against what Robert Monroe wrote, since one of their main goals is to  limit the way people think according to their own Biblical interpretations.

Dude, it was disrespectful for you to say "Monroe fan boy" in the way that you did, and you should you should review the forum's policies.

I do not believe that Robert Monroe was deceived by a deceptive (read between Don and Dude's lines, demonic) being. I interpret the below as follows:

There is no beginning, there is no end,
There is only change.
[I doubt that even Don or Dude see evil in the above, so no interpretation.]
There is no teacher, there is no student,
There is only remembering.
[We are all one, and we are all in this together, so in the end there is no teacher or student, just what we learned together and remember.]
There is no good, there is no evil,
There is only expression.
[God's being is the source of everything. There is no other source. All of us are innately divine. We were created with free will, but it is difficult to know how to use this will wisely and with love, before we develop the wisdom to know how to use it. An example, Don and Dude speak as if they understand what Robert experienced better than he understood it, even though he is the person that had his experiences, not them. Even though it is presumptive, misleading, unloving and disrespectful for them to belittle Robert's life in such a way this doesn't mean that Don and Dude are evil, it is just that they have yet to learn to use their free will in a wise and loving way. When beings who currently manifest in a way that might be considered evil wise up and learn to use the creative aspect of their being in a wiser and more loving way, they will stop manifesting in a way that doesn't support the  divine oneness. Since Robert Monroe supported the divine oneness while he was here, one doesn't support the divine oneness when they speak against Robert, simply so they can promote their Biblical interpretations.
There is no union, there is no sharing,
There is only one.
[In truth we are never separate from each other, we are all one. After all, from the start, there has been only God's being.]
There is no joy, there is no sadness,
There is only love.
[I doubt that Don and Dude see evil in the above,  so I won't interpret it.]
There is no greater, there is no lesser,
There is only balance.
[Eventually we all find out that we come from God's being, for there is nothing else. God does not view some parts of himself as being superior to other parts. Once the creative process reaches the point where all of the souls God created are with him again, and all these souls live completely according to love, there will be equality and balance. This doesn't mean that the souls that have rejoined God, are ignorant about how the process of creation took place. They understand when gratitude and humility apply.]
There is no stasis, there is no entropy,
There is only motion.
[I believe there is no need to interpret the above.]
There is no wakefulness, there is no sleep,
There is only being.
[Sleep is a body-based activity.]
There is no limit, there is no chance,
There is only a plan.
[There is nothing evil about the above.]

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #41 - May 27th, 2017 at 1:37pm

When a person's comments are found to have no basis in reality, then it is usually a sign that there is a lack of clear perception taking place.

One example might be to say that a person is speaking out against someone or something, when in reality, no such thing took place. Applied to this case, the claim that I was speaking out against Monroe is a gross distortion of reality, as I said nothing against him. I simply spoke against my blind faith in him.

Another example might be to take something harmless and to twist it out of proportion and make it something it is not. Applied to this case, I said that I was a fanboy of Monroe, and was told that this was disrespectful. Let's take a look at the definition of fanboy: "a boy or man who is an extremely or overly enthusiastic fan of someone or something." The term has no reflection on the object of obsession, so it's not offensive to Monroe. Nor does it have to do with anyone else. I expressed the fact that I was overly attached to his work with an appropriate term.

Yet another fine example of how making everything personal swiftly takes a thread off track. It was unnecessary to mention us "speaking out" against Monroe and trying to attribute it to our beliefs. Not only because your statement was false, at least concerning myself, but a more appropriate approach would be to directly address the content of what we are saying. If you have an issue of what is said about Monroe, then refute it with facts. Your ad hominems are getting old. The fact that you consider it disrespectful for me to call MYSELF a fanboy, which isn't even necessarily a negative term, shows just how bent you are on making everything a personal argument. If this continues you will be reported.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #42 - May 27th, 2017 at 2:23pm

Dude:

First Don said things such as "Entities from the lower astral convey a contrary narcissistic principle to Monroe" and then you respond "Great Post Don."

I believe people can do the math without my providing more details.

If Robert Monroe did in fact make contact with the Creator of this universe (Bruce Moen had a similar experience where he explored with Robert), I believe it is a shame that Don refers to that being as an entity from a lower astral realm that conveys a narcissistic  principle. Perhaps such a being is deserving of love and respect.

The way I see it, Don is so attached to defending his viewpoints, that he would rather refer to the divine Creator being Robert Monroe met as a lower astral entity, than question his own viewpoints.

Do you want to join Don? He also likes Howard Storm. Listen to what Howard says about the existence of Aliens. Howard said that Jesus was his teacher during his NDE. Is Howard a liar, is he deluded, did he speak to Jesus and Jesus misled him, or did Jesus tell him the truth? I believe that both Robert and Howard were speaking the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmrv_3aiD7c

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #43 - May 27th, 2017 at 2:54pm

Perhaps it's possible to appreciate a post without necessarily agreeing with every single statement made. I don't know what the true nature of Monroe's experiences were. I'm not interested in what you think Don's motivations are, nor am I interested in what you think you need to prove to people on this forum. I'm interested in reading and discussing the topics on this forum and learning from it. Not arguing about personal issues.

What Monroe said is essentially nothing different from any other new age source or spirit channel that came before him. Now let's see if we can discuss this without making any personal remarks about anyone on the forum.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #44 - May 27th, 2017 at 3:17pm

Dude:

I'm not dumb, so I can clearly see that Don has an agenda that serves the purpose discrediting Bruce Moen and Robert Monroe, and getting people to believe in his Bible-based interpretations. Justin and I spoke of Robert only after Don chose to try to discredit him.

I believe he misleads people when he does this, so I speak up.

In Chapter 25 of his book "Voyage to Curiosity's Father," Bruce Moen wrote of exploring the aperture with Denise and a deceased Robert Monroe. Therefore, when Don tries to discredit what Robert wrote, in a way he discredits what Bruce wrote. Robert spoke of the aperture when he wrote about meeting the Creator (pg. 224 of Ultimate Journey).

On that page Robert said: "The human mind consciousness has speculated for aeons as to our Creator beyond the Aperture. I have not been able to engage in this for reasons I now recognize. Because of the continuing use of the label "God" in a myriad of variations, I had resisted any attempt at identification in any descriptive form. The discoloration and misconceptions would be too great. Now I know why I have resisted. The same applies to the word "spiritual" and many other commonly used terms."

It seems to me that Robert had a problem with human concepts about God, not God himself. When he met the Creator the intent was to "meet the Creator" not be deceived by the lower realm being Don made up as he tried to find a way to discredit Robert.

I Am Dude wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 2:54pm:
Perhaps it's possible to appreciate a post without necessarily agreeing with every single statement made. I don't know what the true nature of Monroe's experiences were. I'm not interested in what you think Don's motivations are, nor am I interested in what you think you need to prove to people on this forum. I'm interested in reading and discussing the topics on this forum and learning from it. Not arguing about personal issues.

What Monroe said is essentially nothing different from any other new age source or spirit channel that came before him. Now let's see if we can discuss this without making any personal remarks about anyone on the forum.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.