Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Slipping from the astral to lucid dreams (Read 37042 times)
I Am Dude

Re: Slipping from the astral to lucid dreams
Reply #15 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 4:17am

I strongly believe that one experience is just as valid as any other, whether it is on the physical plane, in the dream state, out of body in the astral realms, during trance meditation, or any other altered state of consciousness.

The need for verifications seems to ignore the fact that these experiences are of a nonphysical nature, and therefore cannot be truly defined in physical terms. 

The universal law that undoubtedly rules not only the physical universe, but nonphysical reality as well, which is belief and thought create reality, gives a validity to the imagination which seems to be ignored or denied by most. (Don)

The infinite nature of consciousness is only truly known to those who have explored its depths and realities firsthand.  To me, calling someone's experience bogus just because it does not fit your view of reality, is simply bogus.

If you were to experience the connection I recently made with my higher consciousness while out of body, you would realize how real these types of experiences actually are... they are way more real than any physical experience is, as far as the levels of lucidity and awareness experienced, the intensity of emotions and the [nonphysical] senses, and the direct knowledge experienced. 

You cannot say that the physical is more real than the nonphysical, for they are all equally valid.  Likewise, you cannot say that one nonphysical reality is more valid than another.  They will simply be of a different nature and focus of consciousness. 

First hand experience is the key to making these realizations.  Holding limiting beliefs about nonphysical reality will only get so far until these self created dilemmas begin to impede your progress.

Don, I remember you saying that you have had a few OBEs.  However, your beliefs about the nature of OBEs and lucid dreams caused you to consider your experiences "bogus," and therefore have shut you off from any further exploration.  A simple change of beliefs in this area, even if temporary, would allow you to experience the true reality of these levels in a whole new light, and would open you to obtaining the direct knowledge experienced in these higher levels which you have seemed to cut yourself off from.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #16 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 4:56am

OOBD

Quote:
The need for verifications seems to ignore the fact that these experiences are of a nonphysical nature, and therefore cannot be truly defined in physical terms. 

Verification might be difficult it should not be impossible.
The nonphysical realm must be as equally subject to the truth as the physical.

We all belive in something or the other, but sometimes we sincerly believe in what is not true.

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #17 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 12:49pm

To be frank, I believe that verifications are something one focuses on when one hasn't taken the steps one needs to take in order to make contact with higher parts of one's self. Once one has done so, one's growth and experiences manifest in a way where it would be ridiculous to ask for verifications. If you had a good friend that you know you can trust, would you ask he or she to prove that he or she exists?

If we insist that experiences have to manifest within a particular dogmatic framework in order for them to be valid, it might be difficult for experiences to take place in a meaningful way.  Our higher self/guidance might decide to wait until we are willing to let go of our fear based beliefs to a degree where we will consider alternatives.

Regarding Emanuel Swedenborg, perhaps he was presented with information that people from his time period were able to accept. We are in a different age, and perhaps other explanations are more suitable.

This weekend I read a little of William Buhlman's first book (I can't remember the name).  His OBEs remind me of my OBEs, because his experiences were so much about what he needed to learn, rather than what his imagination spinned out.  He came to understand that we have higher parts of ourselves. He came to understand how spirit guidance is really there for us when it comes to OBEs.  I find it hard to believe that a deceptive being is more likely to be there when we go out of body, than a being we have a positive spiritual connection to.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #18 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 4:43pm

Vajra said: "Specifically: some traditions hold that relative dualistic realities (such as the cosmos we perceive ourselves to exist within, and the associated afterlife realms which seem also to be experienced as dualistic) are essentially illusory, and in essence are dreamed into existence by a collective ego intent on compensating for the suppressed fear it feels as a result of its separation from God or source."

Recoverer responds:  The above way of thinking is one of the reasons I don't trust a source such as Gary Renard's Dissapearance of the Universe. Going by what I've learned and what other sources have found, this World isn't a mistake that is separate from God and divine planning. This World is a small part of the plan, and therefore, intentionally created. If everything God created is perfect, well then, we're a part of what he created. Our existence might not seem perfect when you don't consider the whole story, but if you consider the whole story? Below are a couple of short NDEs that reflect a different spirit. Especially Ken's's NDE. Consider these words:

"I understood (I use this term because I did not actually hear) the drops were the experiences of all who had lived. The experiences existed as separate items yet belonged to the whole. The whole was the collective knowledge of all. I understood there was no individual, just one, yet each experience was individual making up the whole. This concept of ONE is so foreign to any description I can give, there seems to be no way now of describing it. My previous understanding of one was a single uniqueness. In this case one is something else. Many being one and one being many, both existing simultaneously in the same time and space. I further understood that the collective experiences are omniscient knowledge. Everything that has been spoken, heard, and experienced.

I believe my actual physical existence resides in the river of life as its natural form when not present in this reality or life. As a drop taken from a cup of water and then returned, so the individual drop exists, yet is part of the whole. I believe there is a retained knowledge of life experience that becomes part of collective knowledge yet remains intact as a unit. There is no body in the sense we know one, no love, hate, or any emotion as we know it. In a perfect existence devoid of need or want, all needs and wants, positive and negative, do not exist. The one-ness I perceived was what is referred to as God. We are of God and God is of us. The purpose of our physical existence and life is to provide every possible variation of action so an omniscient knowledge base can exist."

http://www.cinemind.com/atwater/KenNDE.html

http://www.cinemind.com/atwater/RayNDE.html

From Thomas Sawyer's experience:

"You might ask, didn't I feel grief or regret because I'd be parted from Elaine and my children and this nice life I had lived for thirty-three years? Yes, to all of that, but this was beyond paradise, this was heaven, this was perfection. This was not a mosquito bite; this was not heat and humidity; not all of the stuff that we call reality; not all the joy of being able to share and to love people. It was everything that we experience joyfully and sorrowfully, only in a perfected state. It was perfection."

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/reincarnation03.html

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #19 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 5:47pm

R said: his experiences were so much about what he needed to learn, rather than what his imagination spinned out.
____
this is what I understand obes and lucid dreams to do for us, we get something we need to look at that we believe, so we can grow into our fullness this way. generally, the obes and dreams seem subjective and mysterious, easily brushed aside in favor of logic. later on, we can see why they are subjective, as it's buried in the subconscious; it needs to become conscious. hemi sync or certain types of music as well can bring what's unconscious, into greater awareness.
Yet meditating on the meaning of dreams and obes  produces some glimpses of our ability to be creative of ourselves and our environment, as well creates what level we gravitate to upon transition.
______
lively thread here. uhmm..concerning verification that you're growing into knowledge of who you are, I can say this from experience with obe and dream, lucid or not, that if you are shown something within these experiences which is not in your belief system, ie: something unbelievable, something crazy seeming..that is an indication it's simply something you've never considered could be true and you are forced to consider it's value upon awaking to C1. (what you've eaten has nothing to do with symbols given to you unless you're allergic to a food)
I like Doc's reminding us of the compressed awareness of C1. then on the other hand we know we sometimes have an expanded state also, which dreaming is like altered states of awareness.
______

I believe R thinks certain sources of info is reporting the physical world is a mistake. I don't see these sources as saying that. in the sense that  we should have just stayed home where everything was perfect then we wouldn't be in such a mess.
These sources are quite radical because a radical approach is needed sometimes to get to the next phase of our development.

you might be interpreting that the world is going to disappear and therefore you might lose something; when looking at the title of a book with the word disappearance in it. the only loss is the loss of limited thinking which curtails our well being while physical and gives us an anxiety feeling to be thinking the same thing over and over. and not experiencing the joy of life.

You've heard of the term what happens after enlightenment? the same thing that happened before enlightenment. you chop wood, you carry water, only now it's not work. work has become pleasurable. the only thing that may be said to disappear is all of our fears, replaced with PUL. few reach that plateau in just one life but nothing is impossible but what that you say it is.

that's not what TMI has said either, that it's a mistake. the way I understand Curiosity Vision, we had free will to undertake the project of physical being, and forgot that there is more than being physical.
the way I explain it is that there comes a point where you look around at what everyone is believing, in every individual's life you may observe most of us seem to be trying to prove that we have indeed separated from God, (our goodness, our perfection, our peace of mind) and if they believe that, they go about seeing if they can find verification that the separation from God took place. then we take up sides and war about who is holier...

in addition there is this hidden trait we commonly hold, whereby we project guilt out of ourselves and onto another person, nation, etc. we make them wrong so we can feel innocent ourselves. that is a mistake, an incorrect perception that needs correction before we can move forward as an intelligent species experimenting in physical nature without destroying the entire planet.

so I can see where R might get this idea certain literature is making life seem quite meaningless here. The only thing I can see that is meaningless is to go to war and kill your brother to prove you are right and he is wrong. I'm not talking about defending your loved ones on necessary occasions. but there will come a time the world as we know it now will disappear and there will be no more acts of aggression, or physical defense measures needed because we will realize how temporary a single life really is and we will wish to cooperate with one another rather than simply remove the problem by killing it.

any reason is meaningless to me to kill, maim, torture, etc. and that is the mistake the individual ego is doing, and what this ego may do, there comes a time there can be no justification for actions like this, and therefore he is in error, his life is a mis...take. he has failed to love his brother.
Now I hear the draft is no longer in force. so you see we slowly make progress to value human life by at the least, not making a young man go and be killed if he doesn't want to.

even though we are forgiven when we are sorry for killing, we are all not in the same place of evolvement, so we are going to interpret our studies differently no matter what. and those who do not see oneness, they will see separation, and thats just where they are for the moment.

the gist of it is, I can see myself plainly in spirit, saying to my group, whatever, hey, I see now, I made it all up in my mind, and what I believed is what I saw. what I did, if I injured another, I saw them as separated from God and myself as one with God. I should have seen they are also one with God. truth of oneness, it can spread just as fast as a virus, only it's a beneficial virus.

for the most part, R's sources are saying the same thing as mine, and our differences lie in our interpretative reflections and differing experiences.  I don't see my higher self as active in full measure here, but what that I allow it to do so with my acceptance, that I'm able to trust God and higher self as one. I rather see my body as a simple hologram and my ego as subservient to god's will, but I always have to ask to be reminded, I am wanting God's will, for a hologram is nothing really that is going to last and I constantly have to ask what the highest good is, because my ego does not know. (C1)

rather, it's been a gift to me. my life. I am glad I came here. it was no mistake. I want to see a golden age. it will have to be in a different body I think. Smiley perhaps I might be able to catch some glimpses of what awaits the ones who hold up a torch..sounds good.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #20 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 6:06pm

Alysia:

Regardless of what sources we speak of, I don't get the feeling that you believe we're separate from God.  If we're all extensions of God, could we really stop being the part we are? Even when we get confused for a little while and forget who we are, we're still a part.

I also figure that you probably believe that our experiences both human and non-human in the end serve a greater purpose.

« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2008 at 7:53pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 6:34pm

Hello, Don, and welcome back.

In reply to your question, I would have to agree with you to a certain extent. It would be wonderful to have a way to verify experiences with more concrete examples which can be shown to have a factual basis in physical reality.

The coincidences and other "spiritual" experiences which are noted here as proof of "afterlife" visits may be missed entirely by those viewing them.

I don't have an answer for you. So far, this all seems very personalized for the individual exploring, for the most part. There are some interesting exceptions, and I hope for more verifications which will be reasonable evidence for skeptical readers, as well as reason for hope by those such as yourself.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #22 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 6:45pm

[quote author=recoverer link=1220647330/15#20 date=1220911591]Alysia:

Regardless of what sources we speak of, I don't get the feeling that you believe we're separate from God.
____
I see the ego as believing it is separate from god, when it is not. I see it as having a bad dream, and I see we can listen to another part of us, which proclaims the opposite of what our ego's say.
the ego is a fear structure.
while god is a love structure.
we are both animal/fear and god/divine and we can listen to either voice due to free will.
____

If we're all extensions of God, could we really stop being the part we are?
____
free will means we make choices every day. if you identify your voice of despair, as being true, that is your ego talking.
so you would want to stop being saddened, by this voice, right?
the thing is to go to an egoless place, you are filled with the gracefulness of God, who replaces the ego's voice, gradually, as in process, so that you don't feel you are losing yourself, but gaining new life. it's what the Christians speak of, to refer to being reborn, I would surmise. the idea is to pray without ceasing. or to be vigilant against non-truth. (anything or anyone that tells you that there's something wrong with you, and so you must be as guilty as they are.) this is where you can use your will with purpose, to make your choice what you will believe which is like love. one such example is doing unto others..what u want done to yourself. u wouldn't want to have someone make u feel guilty, right? so you wouldn't cause them to feel like they were stupid or guilty of that.
_____

Even when we get confused for a little while and forget who we are, we're still a part.
____
agreed. we forget. I call it blinking on and off. no reason to get upset about blinking off. it's so easy to get sucked into all the hype and mayhem around us..don't heap guilt on yourself either.
____

I also figure that you probably believe that our experiences both human and non-human in the end serve a greater purpose.
_____

yes. I think I already explained that I do believe in a greater purpose and that we are not alone in our struggles to understand our universe and what we're doing here.
nice talking to you the other night..even if it's all in me head! haha!

Smiley

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #23 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 7:16pm

Don I see it as when you need verification it is because you don't really believe. That's true or both Christians and for New Age believers. Many people look all their lives for truth and for God through religions yet never find it. The same goes for a lot of different beliefs and doctrines. Can it be proven that there is God? I mean real proof. Not some book that was changed and rewritten a multitude of time in order to suit the ruling over the masses. Not age old stories about swarms of insects or floods or burning bushes that only one person apparantely saw. Proof. Its like me saying that there is life after death. In fact there is no death. You could say "prove it" and I couldn't do so. For me its all about belief. If you believe it to be, then it is so. You seem o believe in a Christian style God. I have never seen your proof but I know that's what you believe. Now just because I believe in something more than that, does it make it not what is? None of us are wrong Don. None of us need saving from ourselves, belief wise that is. I except your beliefs. They are your truth. The difference for me is that I don't need this proof you speak of. I know I am following the correct path. There is a lot of mes out there helping me move in the necessary direction. Now this proof you seek, most likely you will never find it until you die.(Of course then you will know I was right. lol)

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Sep 9th, 2008 at 4:09pm

To respond on both strands that seem to have developed in this discussion.

'Objective' proof is difficult. I've for example had a local psychic in two instances describe deceased people and situations from their lives in unmistakable and complex detail to me (a grandfather, and the mother of a friend), and go on to relay personal messages to me which also drew on past events that she could have had no knowledge of.

Incontrovertible proof of life after death you might say. But then the doubting part of my mind kicks in and says 'what if she was somehow drawing on my own memory?'. Now Occam's razor says that if it's hairy, has got a tail that wags and it barks then it's a dog and not a cat impersonating a dog - but the point is that you can never be 100% sure.

The other issue about 'proof' is that in attempting to validate experience we apply linear logic, rely on what we regard as the laws of nature, and rely on our perceptions as a source of hard data. Newtonian science if you like, with an overlay of a scientific method that presumes the possibility of the independence of the observer.

The trouble is that this paradigm is already in our physical world coming apart at the seams in the face of the latest quantum based science which (as the spiritual traditions have insisted for milennia) is finding that given the creative nature of mind that belief/intention play an important role in determining outcomes. i.e. what happens or what we observe is to quite a degree determined by what we want to see.

Add the afterlife and higher realms into the game, and this seems to become even more the case in that the creativity of mind becomes far more immediate - the normal laws of time, space, cause and effect, force/energy and so on seem at best only to apply in a very limited and local sense in those realities we dream up. And if you accept that these realities have no absolute existence, and that you have to revert to God/Source for truth then these absolutely are at best on local phenomena.

On the point about what ACIM, Buddhism and the like say about this relative reality. Despite saying that its our creation, neither (as Alysia says) holds that it does not matter. The opposite in fact. ACIM characterises it as a learning environment we have to use if we are to find our way back to God.

Buddhism likewise suggests that if we can't or won't find the right way to the live that the suffering we experience will as a result of cause/consequence and karmic effects escalate to the point where spiritual progress becomes impossible - we become so driven in our attempts to as we see it survive that it becomes incredibly difficult to find the space to cultivate true/higher seeing and hence loving or non ego driven behaviours.

Put another way. This existence is taught of as being significant, but both teach that we simultaneously are on a trajectory which ultimately will transcend it with a non-dual view and hence true seeing.

Buddhism teaches we do this by achieving enlightenment, by accessing what it characterises as the higher nature of non-relative collective/universal mind. ACIM says very similar things about the primacy of mind, and the nature of the route - except that it argues that the collective/universal mind we initially access is separated from God, is the creator of this reality, and that there's another step beyond that which is the return to God.

So on the issue of simultaneity. Both traditions I think would regard it as dualistic thinking to categorise the view they suggest as focusing on the absolute/universal to the point where the relative is regarded as unimportant, or vice versa.

Both views instead seem to be suggesting that ultimately if we are to truly see reality and progress spiritually we must come to deal simultaneously and in an unbiased way with all dimensions and gradations - from individual perception based conciousness to God consciousness, and from one polarity to the other including all the intermediate possibilities (black at one extreme, white at the other, and all the shades of grey in between) on the realities arising at all levels.

Put another way - to focus as is our wont on one polarity or another in any given situation (to perceive in self interested black and white terms) is to ensure that we can never see the true picture. Especially not when the polarity we are attracted to is usually that which suits our selfish interest...

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #25 - Sep 10th, 2008 at 4:09am

if we come from another angle, to think in terms of how there is power in numbers, we think about the collective consensus agreement, where we all think the world is flat, as it certainly looks flat from where we're standing.

that would be an example of our consensus agreement, and that we all can see how we might get into a concept of having fallen into error, sin as it's called in biblical times. and what ACIM is saying is that the sin never happened, only that we accept it did, and then we live a guilty life, believing we must have done something wrong.

we punish each other also this way. back to the power in numbers concept, we somehow are so creative, within our minds, we created the entire world of our collective oneness, that creative power.
ACIM calls the seeming separation from God that we believe we have accomplished, and which Monroe has termed it as an addiction to live countless lives, attempting to "get it right."

then you have this, gamble or experiment within this area to look at, but really ELS is quite addictive if life after life we end up paying off debts we owe to one another.

it's mind boggling to think on the subject. the separation is called the tiny mad idea that the entire sonship had, that we could break off and make a world, and make death real, have the power of life and death in our own hands.

the positive outlook is that we have J as an example of one who was teaching the art of forgiveness of our fellow man, and that we would return through learning to let go of the world and return to our origin point, and God seems to be patiently awaiting us to wake up from our nightmares, self created, whereby we think we have been very bad to have left in the first place.

if you look at some of the ascended masters teachings, they do have quite alot of difference in their demeanor and behavior, for instance, there's no reason for them to stick around after enlightenment, in a body. J could have stayed around, however, he finished his work here, must be better where he went! he earned it.
but he's still watching and waiting and aiding the rest of us, by telling us to teach only love, for that is what you are.

if you don't believe that is what you are, then think back over your life, the only times you felt good was when you felt love. and we're back to Monroe's loosh analogy as well, to consider PUL is what is eternal among all the illusions we are beset with.

just consider, it may be true, we are trying to teach each other we are other than love, whenever we are judging each other as wrong.

I think it is very dangerous to live a life here, as none of us get out of here alive.   Wink

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #26 - Jan 10th, 2013 at 1:47am

I will repeat a retrieval experience I had years ago.  An ex-girlfriend, Janet, committed siuicide in DC.  I had broken up with her, largely because I couldn't handle her bouts of depression.  But I was young and had mishandled that relationhip.  Sometimes we grow up at other people's expense!  I still deeply cared about Janet; so I tried to retrieve her. 

I floated up into the etheric and mentally demanded to see her.  Suddenly, I floated to a hovering little tent in which a guide was seated at a table and chair.  She told me that Janet was not ready to see me.  I couldn't take no for an answer because I was desperate to know she was at least OK.  I surprised myself with the force of my rote: "But I must see her!"  I expressed this thought with great passion and affecton.   Suddenly, there she was, but she seemed about 14 rather than the 26 year-old-woman I knew.  Oh, the power and love of our embrace!  She kept on reassuring me, "I'm OK, Sweetie; I'm OK; really I am.  I'm OK!"  I sensed that she was undergoing some sort of psychological rehab program and had to return to her plane.  I was ecstatically reassured.  "Wow, another OBE!" I thought. 

I had earlier used my own voice to create a hypnosis tape suggesting that I have an OBE.   On the first playing, I soared up to the ceiling and looked down on my messy hair as I blissfully slept in bed.  It was like looking at my body under water.  Then I was struck by a fearful thought, "What if I can't get back into my body!"  I floated down and draped my etheric body over my physcial one and tried to move my finger.   My etheric finger moved, but not my physical one.  "Oh no, have I died?"  I worried.  That fear popped me back into my body and I woke up. 

Those were wonderful days!  I could astral project and even perform retrievals, I thought.  But I soon became disilllusioned whern I read Stephen LaBerge's book, "Lucid Dreaming."  I taught myself his technique and had incredibly vivid and real lucid dreams at will--for a while.  But then I was struck by a horrifying thought: I could not justify a different feeling tone for those dreams than my OBE, including my retrieval of Janet.  Bummer!  Later, I heard LaBerge and a fellow researcher insist that OBE adepts are confusing OBEs with lucid dreams.  This disilllusinoment explains why I am obsessed with replicated verifications as a condition for conceding that adepts like Bob Monroe, Bruce Moen, and Robert Bruce have experienced the real thing.  I'm not claiming they have not, but my disillusionment with my own apparent OBEs makes me skeptical.  I just feel that a genuine adept should be routinely able to receive verifications. 

Don

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Jan 10th, 2013 at 9:54pm

Don-

Have you noticed how so many of the PEs posted on that forum never amount to much of anything?

Seems obvious that a controlled PE could be useful to see if it's legitimate.  For instance, Joe and Mary agree to meet at the crystal or the Park and agree to request a guide to show them something specific.  Doesn't matter what.  A blue vase with flowers would suffice.

Then, when the PE is over, Joe and Mary report separately to a third person before having any contact with each other.

Seems simple.

On an unrelated subject- ever notice that now that everyone has a cell phone camera they carry around everywhere, there have been hardly any pictures of UFOs?

Does that mean that aliens know we now can easily document their existence so they stay away, or might that mean something altogether different?

R

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #28 - Jan 10th, 2013 at 11:39pm

[R:] Seems obvious that a controlled PE could be useful to see if it's legitimate.  For instance, Joe and Mary agree to meet at the crystal or the Park and agree to request a guide to show them something specific.  Doesn't matter what.  A blue vase with flowers would suffice.

In my view, the concept of deafening silence is one of the best tools for critical thinking.  One lists all the ways one would naturally verify one's postmorten survival or one's identity of a specific soul in need of retrieval, and then asks why these obvious verifications are never provided. 

For another example, consider this hypothesis about the identity of the Being of Light of NDE fame: its identity differs from the familiar suspects (God, Jesus, an angel); so because it is loving, it allows the NDEr to project a comforting, but false identity onto it based on religious training or prior expectations.  This seems logical, but can be challenged on certain grounds.

For example, the Being of Light sometimes identifies itself as Jesus, even to atheists and Jews who don't believe in Jesus.  The Being of Light never identifies itself as Muhammad to Muslims.  So more hypotheses might be offered: perhaps the Being of Light is Jesus, but His loving purpose makes it wise not to identify Himself that way to unbelievers who are traumatized enough by their fear of imminent death.  Or perhaps the Being of Light is a radiance indicative of a threshold region for accessing higher planes and the heavenly "Person" encountered varies, depending on level of spiritual development and belief system.  For less developed souls, perhaps the "Person" is a deceptive spirit impersonator!   During his NDE, atheist Howard Storm is deceived by malevolent spirits from a hellish realm who entice Howard to follow by creating a false impression of helpfulness.  What is needed is the identification of  significant silences with respect to natural expectations that might confirm one unanticipated identity theory or another. 

[R:] On an unrelated subject- ever notice that now that everyone has a cell phone camera they carry around everywhere, there have been hardly any pictures of UFOs?

The aliens are shy when overexposed to humans!  See example below.

[R:] Does that mean that aliens know we now can easily document their existence so they stay away, or might that mean something altogether different?

Don excitedly informs R that he has a continuous erlationships with a little green man floating in space and eating toasted cheese sandwiches.  Don claims to see this green man through is telescope and that the alien is viewable right now.  R excitedly asks, "Give me your telescope; I want to see!"  Don complies, but R expresses disappointment that he can't see the alien.  Don nods understandingly and explains, "Oh, I forgot to tell you; my little green man is shy around strangers, but he'll show up again for me.  Give me back my telescope.  Yes, he is winking at me between bites of his sandwich!  Why don't you try again?"  R does with the same result.  Don laments: "Well, I guess it will take more time for him to get used to you, R."  No matter how often R tries to confirm Don's claim, Don always has a rationalization for why R can't see the green alien.  Don's claim in even inprinciple unfalsifiable and hence meaningless.  So in my view are the PE claims.  The alleged verifications are just too rare and general to qualify as satisfactory. 

Don

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Jan 11th, 2013 at 11:15am

Don-

Did you happen to also see a W.C. Fields character through your scope who was lamenting that his home planet has lost its sense of humor, so he is visiting Earth to collect jokes to cheer up his peeps?

WHAT??  You didn't?  Your problem is that you are way too skeptical for your own good.  We might have to send you to one of our re-education camps somewhere in downstate Virginia.

Stop by on your way back, you'll be re-tested before being allowed to return home.

R

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.