Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Movie about a girl who dies (Read 1678 times)
recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Movie about a girl who dies
Jan 13th, 2013 at 6:09pm

I watched this last night. It's worth watching.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0380510/

IP Logged

Ralph Buskey

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Brick Township, NJ
Re: Movie about a girl who dies
Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2013 at 11:21pm

I have this movie and I enjoyed it very much. It came up as a topic of discussion on this board a year or so ago as an excellent depiction of the other side. So after seeing the trailer, I just had to have it. This and the movie "What Dreams May Come" have moved me very emotionally. I still like "What Dreams May Come" more than "Lovely Bones", but not by much. I actually had many tears watching both movies.

What was most disturbing to me in "Lovely Bones" are the scenes where the pedophile attacks and kills the poor girl. I felt such strong hatred for that man and wanted to reach through the screen and stop him. Also the end of the movie where he gets away. I'm sorry to anyone who didn't see it yet as I'm ruining the plot (shame on me).

Ralph

Ralph Buskey Ralph Buskey  
IP Logged

Berserk2

Re: Movie about a girl who dies
Reply #2 - Jan 23rd, 2013 at 1:13am

I haven't seen "Lovely Bones," which generally got trashed in the review site, Rotten Tomatoes. But I have seen "What Dreams May Come."  If you asked me to rate the movie which at its best is fabulous and at its worst is dreadful, this would be my choice.   Positives: The ignition of Robin Williams' romance on the river near Switzerland was idyllic and hauntingly poetic.  His reflections after the deaths of his children about the Dad he wished he had been struck me as deeply moving.    

Negatives: The device of switching identities in heaven didn't work for me.  Paradise (the Park) as portrayed here seemed dull and cliched, though I liked the special effects that portrayed the grass as like paint.  For me, the ending was dreadful--far too cheesy and the major reason why I would never show this movie in our church's monthly potluck dinner and "spiritual" movie nights.  [Our last movie was "Places in the Heart"]

That said, the part where Max Von Sidow reluctantly helps Robin Williams track down his wife in Hell after her suicide is one of the most beautiful movie segments I have ever seen.  The movie is worth seeing just for the poignancy of that segment. If soul retrievals area real, then that segment is imo the most likely portrayal of retrievals ever put on screen.
Pauli, with his Hell fixation, would just love it  Smiley   

Don

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.