Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Juditha? Banned? Why? (Read 31104 times)
Number XII

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Juditha? Banned? Why?
Reply #15 - Jul 31st, 2006 at 3:29pm

What she was 'b**ching' about was the other forum owner, who called her a liar.  I didn't say bruce.

But you are stretching this out sooo much.  She's gone for 14 days.  That's all!

There is no need to change the moderation that's going on.  She broke the rules she got a probation.

++The hurt and trouble caused for her, her sister, and their friends is, apparently more than are able to acknowledge++

If being told that you need a 14 day time out causes this much sadness and stress in your lifes than some professional help is needed.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."

IP Logged

Tim F.
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jul 31st, 2006 at 3:36pm

Hello Friends,

A peer moderator is any one of us who performs that function ( all of us here are the 'peers')

I performed that function and this is what I said: " Just want to alert y'all to what feels like an inappropriate thread and couple of posts"

That was it. I didn't feel like engaging the specific thread directly because of my deep connection to Linn's site. I don't actually take sides but I do act according to my own conscience and inner promptings.

I never recieve satisfaction or joy from another's discomfort or pain. Boundries do have to be set sometimes. Yesterday somebody was wacking me on the top of the head with a magazine. It was in a spirit of play to them. I told them it felt invasive and not to do it. They were very hurt and upset that I told them this, that I set a boundry. But I said "Look at me, I feel no anger towards you. The top of my head is sensitive, that's all. I needed to tell you to stop."

I don't think anyone who used the peer-moderator function feels satisfaction or pleasure at the outcome.

My respect and love to you all, Tim F.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #17 - Jul 31st, 2006 at 3:39pm

It is not just a "time out," Indiglo.   Juditha did not see it that way.  Furthermore, you neglect the fact that she may have been unaware that her language was in violation of the rules.  This is not to say that the word "liar" should remain.  Only that being a moderator does not have to mean not allowing a person the ability to immediately rectify the situation.

I still believe that the most helpful way to moderate would be to immediately and openly confront whoever is using bad language/insults/etc, and tell them to delete it, and that further use will prompt immediate action.  You'd be surprised how many people will immediately agree and how much more peace there would be.  This is not about the number of days given.  Not at all.

Matthew

IP Logged

Number XII

Reply #18 - Jul 31st, 2006 at 3:48pm

It is about the days given.  If it was, 2 months, half a year, perma ban, I could see how people could be upset.  Instead of saying, 'Could you clean that up for me dear?', Bruce simply probationed her. For a very short amount of time.  She's learning her lesson.  If she would have read the rules when signing up she wouldn't have had this problem.

And if she refuses to post here after this is over, then it's her problem, she's welcomed back.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."

IP Logged

Antwnhs

Knowledge Seeker

Reply #19 - Jul 31st, 2006 at 4:36pm

I have to say that I totaly agree with Matthew, it is very sad to see a person such as Juditha and her sister being banned, even for 15 days....its not the duration that counts, it is the unfareness of the whole thing.... They are both so lovely and they alway mean so well and with their poems and love that they show they were/are one of the best aspects of this forum...Of course some people fail to notice that and hide behind some rules that I truly believe need some readjustment. Indiglo please understand what Matthew says and at least try and learn what person Juditha is and her history in this forum...then you will see that her actions are totaly honest and in fact they carry a childish spontaneousness and innocense that unfortunately are so hardly found within grown ups....

LIFE IS OUR PLAYGROUND

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #20 - Jul 31st, 2006 at 6:50pm

Augo, everyone who is registered is a Peer Moderator. Go to the bottom of this page and read it for yourself.

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #21 - Aug 1st, 2006 at 2:51am

nobody has gotten banned. its just time out to take a breather; get a different perspective.  no, I wasn't one of the moderators who requested the topic be looked at and moved to off topic but it was not the kind of topic you would want on the main thread for all the world to view as that would give the whole place a certain image of immaturity.

or if not the world, 2600 possible registered members.  Juditha's post was a grievance against another person she wished to express. she was defending herself. for what we cannot say as we weren't there to hear both sides. I admit I'm curious, but have to practice my belief of being impartial in favor of the whole community's desires to make this place friendly and safe to post in. on afterlife and related topics only. its far easier to get into an argument than it is to learn to practice forgiveness instantly. and thats what we would have done is build a lot of energy in the wrong direction.
Linn used to post the most beautiful stories here. we no longer are blessed with those stories because this place turned into shark infested waters. we are just now recovering. the peer moderator thing is the best thing that could have happened because now we have a voice and anybody can exercise that voice about what kind of forum we want. group consciousness. theres power in that and beauty too. I'm sure we would all welcome back Judith and Deanna if they come back.
I was reading "the Disappearance of the Universe." and it struck me hard something it said. it said we could learn to forgive instantly in time. think about what that means. just forgiving automatically; if we all did that, there wouldn't be any grievances to talk about. what a world that would be.
Doc, what you are trying to say makes a lot of sense to me, but I don't see that we could implement warnings unless its done behind the scenes, and theres no one appointed to go behind the scenes like that. we just expect folks to read the guidelines and they don't bother, or don't understand them. I don't want to speak for Bruce, but he's trying to make it a safe place it appears, but he can't do it all by himself. its like a mansion here...my, its grown so huge! I think we're doing great overall, just my opinion.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

augoeideian

South Africa
Reply #22 - Aug 1st, 2006 at 3:18am

Thanks Marilyn i have but i do not see any peer moderator names listed? Oh sorry re-read your post Marilyn - i see we all peer moderators thats fair enough.  Tim you explained this as well.

It's strange how people who report posts cannot handle a situation by themselves and feel they have to rely on higher powers to intervene. Sad really .. the lack of confidence they have in themselves.

Further in defence of Juditha; her psychic abilities should not be under estimated. i found Juditha to be extremely sensitive to all the current discussed topics - it is Juditha who raises them at the exact moment when it is required.  A subtle thing that maybe others have missed but most definately there and her ability to offer psychic readings with a degree of accuracy has been proven. Antwnhs message mentions this well.

People may think that Juditha, in her simplicity is not talented, i say right now Juditha most probably has more psychic abilities than all of us put together  -  She expands herself with Deena as an outlet. Her mannerism is of gentle humbliness and i am sure she only gives us a piece of her talent. She should be an example to all of us in this humbliness. She is tapping into a higher realm and should be respected and supported for this.

My gut feeling about Juditha - and i miss her.

« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2006 at 10:09am by augoeideian »  

&&

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #23 - Aug 1st, 2006 at 8:14am

Alysia,

I'm glad you posted.  My humble recommendation would take the administrators much less time.  As soon as Bruce/Allan or anyone else was notified through the Peer moderator system, they would intercede on the thread (Bruce has done this with Don).  The person would be advised what is against the rules, and asked to remove it and cease any similar comments.  In all likelihood (as in Juditha's example), that would do it.  Any who read this brief conversation would know what transpired. 

Think about it.   The outcry at this caused entire new threads to be created just to explain what happened.  I do not believe that what I described would take any extra work.  Quite the opposite.  Furthermore, this direct (rather than behind the scenes) moderation would be obvious to all, and would help maintain a supportive and loving feeling.   Juditha would have been able to correct herself, learn and not leave feeling humiliated (she likely didn't even know why it was all happening). 

I for one would volunteer to assist in such a system, and I agree with the removal of offensive content no matter where it comes from. 

Love,

Matthew

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #24 - Aug 1st, 2006 at 12:42pm

Augoeideian
Quote:
Thanks Marilyn i have but i do not see any peer moderator names listed? Oh sorry re-read your post Marilyn - i see we all peer moderators thats fair enough.  Tim you explained this as well.

Click on the Peer Moderator information in blue and it will take you to a page that Bruce wrote ALL about Peer Moderator and why it's needed. Wink

Love ya, Mairlyn

Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #25 - Aug 1st, 2006 at 1:01pm

OKAY, I agree with Alysia.  I would also like to say this:

I did not contact Bruce but was glad that someone did. I do know both sides but am not at liberty to discuss it. The reason for Juditha being on a 2 week probation are very valid. Period!

It has made me feel very sad that so many have jumped on Linn. I didn't get to read everything on the thread before it was removed, but what I did read made me wonder about where some people's hearts are.

Look at all the energy that has been expended on this when that energy could be used positively, in a loving way.  We are in the shift of consciousness that has never happened before in our ascension. Emotions are running high. Go within and be at peace with yourselves and everyone. Use that energy to help someone less fortunate than yourselves. Use that energy to pray for peace in the Middle East and in our (USA) government. Open yourselves up to the energies coming in now and use it for Light, not the dark that I am seeing here.

Thank you guidance.  I love you all, Mairlyn

Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #26 - Aug 1st, 2006 at 1:33pm

doc said: The person would be advised what is against the rules, and asked to remove it and cease any similar comments.  In all likelihood (as in Juditha's example), that would do it.  Any who read this brief conversation would know what transpired. 
____

sounds like a good plan Doc but due to the popularity of this board expediancy, and the fact a finger was being pointed at a member, who already went through this once from this board with another person, that is why expediancy was necessary among other reasons unseen. this person who would be appointed would be like a policy enforcer, or a cop if you will. they would have to be on this board at least once a day for your plan to work efficiently. I see you are a great person who is able to moderate and level things out in a kind manner but I don't think its reasonable to expect that the core group here can be on top of everything going on here at all times and its not right to put it all on Bruce just because he made this place. and its not right to start attacking the peer moderators whoever they may be for asking Bruce to look at a post and make a decision, then when he makes a decision to come back and say, well, heres how you should have done it. I think we're blowing this out of proportion to what it really is. I don't believe in victims. their higher selves planned a slam dunk for them. its Juditha's challenge to forgive now. it takes a really big person to forgive others their trespasses but she will grow tremendously and hugely if she does forgive and I think she has it in her and all this was perfect to happen the way it did.
some of us think globally, some of us think personally. Juditha is learning to think globally..she set this up. nobody did her a dirty deed but what she didn't agree to on higher levels. if she had not named another person's name in her post, she'd not have been laid off work for awhile and we'd still be over there trying to help her get over it...as it turned out some miracle may happen during the time out and I think instead of yakking about whats wrong with this picture..lets all get together in our minds and send light to all parties, light is energy, and it will bring a lot more clarity to the situation than I believe any politics will.
see each person involved completely experiencing a clearing and a lightened up heart and if we all did this as a group we would have our healling quickly.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #27 - Aug 1st, 2006 at 1:59pm

Excellent post Alysia. Wink

Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

DocM

Reply #28 - Aug 1st, 2006 at 2:32pm

Thanks Mair,

I agree with putting energy to good use.  I feel this thread is doing that.  Nothing in this thread is specifically attached to Linn or Juditha's complaint.  That should be between the two of them, and was not appropriate subject matter for the forum.  I have put the energy I usually reserve for healing into this discussion because I think that there is a better way.  The plan I outlined is, perhaps the quickest and most painless way for any moderator to peer moderate.  It is also done out in the open.   I think those who are telling Augo, myself and others to "deal with it," may be missing the emotional impact and sense of unfairness caused by the whole thing.  There is no getting around that the way this was done polarized members on the forum.  There is a better way, now and in the future.  I have offered to help if volunteers are needed.  I would hope that all who know me here know that I have no ties to any person or website's agenda.

Alysia, I agree in sending light for healing.  I see no reason that acting in a loving manner may not involve embracing any and all parties, and letting them know they are valued members of the forum.  If you read my posts, you will plainly see that I never attack the moderator(s) in any way.  I merely voice the opinion of many who have emailed me and posted here, and hope - that our voice is heard. 

It would be a mistake to think that those of us who have voiced support for Juditha condone her language regarding Linn.  I for one do not.  I merely wish to make peace and let Bruce and the moderators know that without direct intervention, open in the thread, there has been needless emotional pain inflicted in this case. 

Juditha was not a repeat offender, like others here (Don) who was given several public warnings.  She may have had no clue as to what was done, and it would have been so much easier to intercede directly in the thread and have things removed.

Juditha joined a forum unrelated to this one, was banned within 1 day for reasons which are still unclear to her (without a negative post there), and unfortunately brought her issues to Bruce's forum.  She did this for the support she has gotten in the past. 

Somewhere within the comments about "just let it be," there is something lost.  A member who was hurt and seeking advice - perhaps using poor language came to us.  And the result, Juditha's further hurt, does not rub many of us the right way.

Love,

Matthew

IP Logged

Number XII

Reply #29 - Aug 1st, 2006 at 3:11pm

DocM wrote on Aug 1st, 2006 at 2:32pm:
  I think those who are telling Augo, myself and others to "deal with it," may be missing the emotional impact and sense of unfairness caused by the whole thing.  There is no getting around that the way this was done polarized members on the forum.  There is a better way, now and in the future.  I have offered to help if volunteers are needed.  I would hope that all who know me here know that I have no ties to any person or website's agenda.

Oh please, just say who you're talking about and quit trying to be subtle.  Also, it's great how you think I'm missing some emotional impact blah blah who doesn't care about feelings blah blah blah.  The truth is, there is no emotional impact.  It's a web page.  She can't access the web page for a couple of weeks.  Jeez.

I did my best to not respond to anymore posts here, so keep 'me' out of your posts and I wont have any reason to.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.