Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
 I'd Rather Be Flying :-) (Read 1401 times)
Bob McKelvy

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Rockport Texas
 I'd Rather Be Flying :-)
Aug 11th, 2006 at 10:59pm

I was a pilot for a long time in my early days in the U.S. Air Force in various Aero Clubs throughout the states, Philippines and Thailand.  After retiring from the Air Force, took up sailing.  Could not afford two expensive leisure activities at the same time.  Had to let the flying go.   Still go up for a check-out ride every once in awhile to keep in touch with it.   Still love flying.

The long drive to work can be very boring at times, so with a little twist of the imagination, the drive to work becomes a flight to work.                

My truck becomes a plane instead.  I climb into the pilots’ seat (Drivers side), instead of a pre-flight check list that I go through, it becomes a “pre-drive” check list.

Fuel?  Check !
Oil ?     Check !
Battery Power ?  Check !
GPS On ?   Check !
Radar Detector On ?  Check
Seatbelts Fastened  ? Check !
Release Parking Brake ? Check !

Contact !  Ignition !  Allow a short time for the motor to warm up.   Check for traffic on the taxi ramp before pulling out of the driveway.    As I taxi down my street to the runway, wait until it’s clear of traffic……  “Tower, this is Air Force 153 (My license plate number) requesting permission to take off”

Tower:  “You are cleared for take-off on runway 90S. Winds are out of the south at 15 knots, have a nice flight”.

After a smooth take off, come to my first small city.  When you’re flying, each city has an approach plate that shows the flight pattern you need to use.   Come to my 1st traffic light,
I know that I will be on a holding pattern (Red light) until I receive clearance to move on
(Green Light).     Finally clear the Rockport plate and start the long flight to my destination.

Dig out the approach plate for my destination in Aransas Pass, “Hospital Tower”; this is Air Force 153 coming in on final, requesting permission to land”

Hospital Tower : “Air Force 153, your are cleared for landing on runway 245 W, winds out of the SW at 15 knots” , “be advised that there is emergency traffic parked parallel to your runway” ( Ambulance )  .  “Thank you Hospital tower, I have emergency traffic in sight”.
“This is Air Force 153 clear.”

Make a good landing, taxi to my parking spot and go through my post flight check list.
Ignition Off?  Check !
GPS Off ? Check !
Radar Detector  Off?  Check !
Brakes Set ?  Check !

That completes this mission.  After that,  I'm ready to return to “REALITY” for awhile and go to work .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

They say that imagination is  the other Reality.  Bruce brings this up a lot as a reminder.  Sometimes, you need to "prime the pump" once in awhile to get it started.  Once you get a handle on doing this, it gets a lot easier and becomes automatic.   Love Bob  Smiley

The Spiritual Adventure Continues .
Bob McKelvy Bob McKelvy Enter your address line 1 here bob.mckelvy.5@facebook.com  
IP Logged

Cathy_B

Afterlife Knowledge Member

South Australia
Re:   I'd Rather Be Flying :-)
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2006 at 4:58am

Lol Bob
you are so right. we are only limited by our imaginations!
love Cathy xx

Hold fast to dreams&&For if dreams die&&Life is a broken-winged bird&&That cannot fly. &&&&Langston Hughes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.