Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
A Recent Healing of a Cripple (Read 52631 times)
bets
Ex Member

Re: A Recent Healing of a Cripple
Reply #30 - Jan 1st, 2006 at 11:24am

Greetings Spitfire,
You perplex me.   What do you say of Albert Einstein, who knew alot about reality, who said that imagination is more important than knowledge? 
Isn't the basis of this whole retrieval system imaging with the mind's eye? It seems imagination can take us into different levels of reality.
Your sympathy for the suffering is shortsighted. What do we know of how the 'suprime alchemist' transmits carbon into gold? (Actually he uses fire in part, so it seems you're ahead there.) 
What if thru imagining we also can create the future? What would be the future you'd be in? Why not hedge your bets, at least, and try imaging a better place?
Best wishes, Bets

IP Logged

Bud_S
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Jan 1st, 2006 at 11:34am

"If god cant be proven to exist, then his comandments, his laws, the miracle's he performs, his son, all becomes meaningless."

I think you need to add the words "to me" at the end of that statement to make it true.  Otherwise your argument is lost as background noise to those who will continue to assign meaning to good works they attribute to God.

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Jan 1st, 2006 at 12:05pm

I can see the direction of your arguments, Spitfire, and there is a certain logic behind them.

I would have to ask you why you confine your definition of "god" to  be the "god" of the historical records you choose to focus on? This creates a "god" in your mind which is narrowly defined although well described by you in your arguments.

Who is threatening your "self" with this "god" as you describe "him" or do you simply enjoy the argument?

You are a graphic artist and enjoy art and self expression.  That much is obvious.  Is it so difficult to imagine that you are an expression of something greater than yourself just as your logo is an expression of you?

Can your logo prove that you are real? It seems to live and breathe and it moves through our imaginations like your fiery spirit. But its meaning is determined by the experiencer, as are all things spiritual.

blink

IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Jan 1st, 2006 at 1:14pm

Greetings Spitfire,
You perplex me.   What do you say of Albert Einstein, who knew alot about reality, who said that imagination is more important than knowledge?   
Isn't the basis of this whole retrieval system imaging with the mind's eye? It seems imagination can take us into different levels of reality.
Your sympathy for the suffering is shortsighted. What do we know of how the 'suprime alchemist' transmits carbon into gold? (Actually he uses fire in part, so it seems you're ahead there.)   
What if thru imagining we also can create the future? What would be the future you'd be in? Why not hedge your bets, at least, and try imaging a better place? 
Best wishes, Bets

Hello Bets,
You are correct that immagination is almost as important as logic, but without logic immagination becomes worthless.

If albert einstiens theorys had no basis in fact, and he had not added calculations to his idea's, he would have probley been just another dreamer forgotten in the mists of time.

It's a cycle.

Immagined idea,= to us thinking how logically our idea can be put into practice, once we have confined and understood our ideas and proven to others on numerous occasions, is when it becomes fact.

So far, the idea of god has'nt got past the immagination phase.

Logic is the universal language. immagination is the personal one. for people to believe in the same thing, logic is needed, not just immagination, otherwise we would'nt be able to communicate anything.

Immagination cannot change physical reality, but it can change your idea's and allow your mind control your physical self to make small changes.

If i was running a marathon, i was 5km from the finish, immagination would give me a motive, for i could envisage myself finishing the race and gaining what i wanted and thus keep my legs moving as much as possible.

But if i had no legs? no amount of immagination is going to allow me to run that marathon.

I think you need to add the words "to me" at the end of that statement to make it true.  Otherwise your argument is lost as background noise to those who will continue to assign meaning to good works they attribute to God.

It's universal if god does'nt exist, as in a real thing/it/person, then miracles accounted to him, are false, jesus being the son of god, is also false, his rules and regulations would also be false.

It would then go onto. the "idea" of god etc...

But still would'nt change the fact that the things people claimed god did, were not true, because it/he/she did'nt exist in the first place.

I can see the direction of your arguments, Spitfire, and there is a certain logic behind them. 

I would have to ask you why you confine your definition of "god" to  be the "god" of the historical records you choose to focus on? This creates a "god" in your mind which is narrowly defined although well described by you in your arguments.

Who is threatening your "self" with this "god" as you describe "him" or do you simply enjoy the argument?

You are a graphic artist and enjoy art and self expression.  That much is obvious.  Is it so difficult to imagine that you are an expression of something greater than yourself just as your logo is an expression of you? 

Can your logo prove that you are real? It seems to live and breathe and it moves through our imaginations like your fiery spirit. But its meaning is determined by the experiencer, as are all things spiritual.

blink

Evening blink,

I confine my ideas of "god" because this thread is based on christianity and for them "god" is a omnipotent being.

I can understand the kind of universal spark which you would probley think of as "god". But thats a discussion for another time my friend.

God? still affects people today, i get christians coming to my door, yapping on about going to hell every other day. In my area, (i dont know wether this happens everywhere) but if your christian you get membership to a special club, and christians will give discounts to other christians, on jobs like plumming etc. Also if you do something which contradicts there version of the bible, you will get harrassed to death, and they will make your life a living hell. Which is the reason i dont like mobs.

I can immagine something greater then myself, and theres nothing more i would like then knowing a "god" existed which controlled my actions, but i cant because the proof for such a thing is based on evidence i find extremely lacking.

My logo, can give you a peice of evidence indicating that an inteligence created it, you can communicate with me, i can make another logo. Prove my existance.

You see a rock in the desert,

You say

blink" If that rock moves, i'll be happy"

Earthquake. The rock jumps up and down.

blink"Omg, that was cool, if the rock does that again, i'll be even happier".

Nothing happens.

Yet a full civilization, have become fully fledged rock worshippers.

Our education lets us understand that an earthquake occured, and therefore there "god" is nothing to us except a rock and a crust rumble.

Anyway you look at it, there lack of understanding is dangerous, you say that the rock sucks, they could attack you for it.

But at the end of the day logic + immagination = your theory being greater then theres.

The things we dont understand, are because our immagination and logic, hav'nt become good enough to understand an occurance.

The moon and sun used to be gods, few people believe it's true these days, why? education shows us, our mind was wanting it to be true, yet logic was'nt as present as it is now.

Just like christianity in well "educated" societys is on the decline, why? because people understand the logic behind occurances, there immagination has been tempered by wisdom allowing for the truth based on our existence to emerge.

IP Logged

Berserk

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #34 - Jan 1st, 2006 at 2:19pm

Some denizens of this site irrationally reject eyewitness testimonies about paranormal experiences just because it clashes with their bias.  (see replies 23-24).  Others cling to the tired bromide that "your truth may not be my truth" and imagine that personal experience can validate the afterlife even if it fundamentally contradicts the astral experience of others.  And others disregard the laws of probability by their openness to an unverified claim to be the reincarnation of one of the most famous men in history.  Still others here are willing to embrace much of channeled material even though it proves historically ludicrous whereever it can be checked.  As if Seth's claims about other dimensions can be deemed credible without a reliable postmortem source!  And no, it is not rational to defend this ploy by invoking other unverified New Age material.   

Bruce Moen set the tone for this gullibility with his premise that only direct experience of the astral realms really counts.  In his online article on Christianity, he asks us to believe that Christian Fundamentalists in a hollow heaven would expel a cohabitating couple "into outer darkness" just for obeying Jesus' teaching (re. no marriage in the kingdom of heaven).   Even this might be tolerable if he had at least noticed this implausibility and offered some rationale for it. 

As it is, I must honestly say that this site is the best argument I've ever encountered AGAINST postmortem survival.  If I seem overly blunt, it is because I'm trying to bring some sanity to more posts on this site.   Some posts have actually been valuable to me.  My desire to discover the truth about the afterlife trumps my need for a feel-good atmosphere.  But it is now time to take my promised leave of absence of a few months to allow the cultic harmony to reestablish itself (with a couple of exceptions).   Believe it or not, I do recognize that this is not my site!  Just one more post and I'll be gone.      

Don

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Jan 1st, 2006 at 3:29pm

Spitfire,
     you said,
"The moon and sun used to be gods"

Of course this is totally off topic, Spitfire, but the moon and the sun are still my gods.

I worship them, love them, and see myself and my relationships in them. This world is pure poetry and expression.

Even those who come to our doorsteps and tell us all about horrors of the hell that awaits us are really just a starry night sky on the canvas we are viewing. In one hundred years will it matter to any of us? 

Our canvas will be in a long hall and a being will walk down the dim corridor with a flashlight and view our lives spilling out of the moving canvas...our canvas will be somewhat unique and have a certain special quality...and then the being will walk along to the next canvas in the hallway that never ends...

Will the being come back to view our canvas again?

Will the being turn around with a question,

"Something....what is It....Something happened here, Something Important...let me look at this one once again...."

Perhaps we shall see.

love, blink

IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Jan 1st, 2006 at 4:01pm

Zerk, ever considered you may be wrong?

I have read 100's of testimonies about people who claimed they were beamed up by aliens?...are they correct? i dont believe 99.9% of them are.

Not to mention those testimonies sound like christian vs muslim.

You failed to answer my questions about the other miracle.

Why did no one bring a camera? Video camera?

Why would "god" heal one person and not everyone? when it does say "god loves all his children equally".

Why did'nt they bring more people to the miracle since they knew the exact time and place it would occur?

Why would god need worship to heal you?

Why would god allow you to be injured in the first place then heal you?

Why would god demand you have blind faith in him/it?

Theres millions of amazing people who heal themselves, without god or doctors.

In my oppionion if god "loved" all his children equally, he would heal 1 or none at all.

Blink, come back to me.....your flying into never never land.

The sun and moon aint gods, there just matter. matter we can all see Smiley

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Jan 1st, 2006 at 8:14pm

Nope, Mr. Spitfire,

I won't be coming back today.  Come visit me there sometime if you like. It's really fun.

love, blink

IP Logged

B-dawg

Missoula, Montana
Hey Don, before you put on your boogie shoes...
Reply #38 - Jan 3rd, 2006 at 12:59am

You accuse everybody here of being into "feel-good", "New Age", fluffy-bunny spirituality..?
I'd say that's unfair. There ARE many seekers of meat-and-potatoes truth around here, whatever that may be.
Furthermore, you make a big deal out of people not accepting Jesus..? But why? You aren't one of those goons who claim everyone who isn't "born-again" is going to "Hell", are you? And if you aren't (like you say) then what's the harm of people believing in things which DON'T depress them (like standard Christianity is oh-so-GOOD at doing???)
AND, why is placing blind faith in the "authority" of a dead, dusty, musty, hard-to-read, archaic, foggy old text more "meat-and-potatoes" than seeking direct experience anyway? (After all, the historical evidence that Jesus even lived is spotty at best... I'm sure you'll agree with that.)
AND, you do not claim any direct experience for your beliefs... just stuff you've read and heard - rather like myself. You say you want to bring "sanity" to this site? (Sounds more like the blind attempting to lead the blind to me. BUT I digress again.)
About the fluffy, feel-good, "cotton-candy" spirituality (to quote our mutual friend J.D. Howes)... I don't think that the "division theory" I've been reading about is feel-good at ALL. It is HORRIFYING, truth be told. But to me, there's a ring of "truth" to it (once again, to quote a certain Roman procurator's alleged quotation... What is truth? That's a question neither I, Spitfire, or YOU can answer better than anyone else, Don. Think about it.)

Vaya con Dios,
B-man

IP Logged

IceStar
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Jan 3rd, 2006 at 1:49am

You know what blinks. I'm with you let warship the sun and the moon. You seem to be having fun. Let go Blinks.

Spit I'll do what in my earthly power to answe your questions.

1. why did no one bring camera's? video camera's?

Why would they bring a camera? It sound like they where there to pick her spirit up after nothing happened. If you though nothing was going to happened why would you bring a camera?

2. why would "god" heal this girl, and not the millions of others in need?

Why does a parent let one child touch a stove and tell the other it’s hot. Why does a tornado hit one person home and spare the one beside him. Why is one person given a experimental drug that could save there life. While the other is given Hospice to make there death comfortable. That life man sometime you get a royal flush. Some times you only get 2s. Did you ever think maybe this woman had a reason to be. So she was saved so she could complete her work. Hey I can stock selves all day. Only the boss get to choose when I go home.

3.why does a god need worship?

Parents like to be hugged and kissed by there children. They don’t need it. Yet it lets them know there loved. Maybe warship is are way of hugging god.

4.god has only existed for a few thousand years, we never worshipped any god for the rest of our exist, why should we now?

Really now so when did you live with the cave men. When did you learn to know what there thinking? The first god was Ra from what we know. That was the first time we had text we could understand. He might not have been G O D but there has been a force that people worshipped.

5. everything you understand about god, comes from 1 book, a few scrolls and thats it, "god" cant love all his children equally as it says in the bible, for he killed the eygption kids because they would'nt let the isralites go. either god does'nt love all his children, or the book was created purely by man, for man to keep control over the mass's.

The bible and other holy text I love this question.
Lets me start with this

for he killed the eygption kids

Let me return to the parent figure. It one that easy for me to explain my answer.
If you and me where brother and you where picking on me. father would tell you to stop it. (He was told to let them go.) Then if you kept it up. He might spank or ground you.

Well God a little bigger then the father he need a bigger paddle. This was is punishment. As far as the bible goes. It only word and paper. Heck I can tell some on this board something. If you’re the last person to get the message we both know it will not be the same message that I said. Then again I believe the bible been mistranslated to. How much of the bible was not messed up when it was being written. Maybe the God has tried over and over again to have us see the truth. Maybe we messed it up in the translation.

As far as proof it like a courtroom trial. For every bit of evident I give that some one did it. Evident can be given that they didn’t do it. Only the person knows if they did or didn’t do it. Like I have said before. I could bring a gold ball from thin air and show it to you. Does not mean you can’t say I had it hidden behind my back all along.

Now it’s my turn Spit.
I had a friend named Robert. He said is math teacher for the second grade was Miss knight. I never met Miss Knight. I never knew Miss Knight. Yet him knowing math was proof of Miss Knight being real. Yes he could lie about Miss knight and have learned math from Miss Day. Really what the point. You say control. Remember most Christians and Jew where killed for there believes. There was no control they gained nothing but death. Yet they still preached the word. Maybe Christianity is god new attempt to show he’s real. I have more to say but I don’t wish to be banned when I am so new.

(None of the above true. I just using it as an example.)

IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Jan 3rd, 2006 at 7:24am

Hello Icestar

Why would they bring a camera? It sound like they where there to pick her spirit up after nothing happened. If you though nothing was going to happened why would you bring a camera?

If i said aliens were landing on saturday at 2.00pm. i and most others would definetly bring a camera or a video camera, even if it was fake, the person who made the claim would bring definetly bring a camera if she knew she was going to be healed 100%.

The main point is, they made the effort to go see her, so they should have made the effort to bring some sort of camera.

Why does a parent let one child touch a stove and tell the other it’s hot. Why does a tornado hit one person home and spare the one beside him. Why is one person given a experimental drug that could save there life. While the other is given Hospice to make there death comfortable. That life man sometime you get a royal flush. Some times you only get 2s. Did you ever think maybe this woman had a reason to be. So she was saved so she could complete her work. Hey I can stock selves all day. Only the boss get to choose when I go home.

So...you basically say god, does'nt treat his children equal? therefore god cannot be god, because god is not omnipotent, not to mention the bible is wrong.

A parent would'nt let a child touch a stove full stop. Why? because they know it would burn. They know this, any parent who let there child touch a stove on purpose, would probley have there kid taken off them for child abuse.

Therefore i have the right to hate god (if he/it existed) because he burnt me for no reason?

Parents like to be hugged and kissed by there children. They don’t need it. Yet it lets them know there loved. Maybe warship is are way of hugging god.

But if god wanted worship, you would think he/it would give something to those who worship.

if i wanted love off a hamster i would give it food and a stroke, you worship god you face the exact same risks as everyone else, god does'nt say i'll make sure those who worship me, get food and i'll protect them from hurting themselves. Nope, therefore either god does'nt exist, or he's the worst human owner ever known.

Really now so when did you live with the cave men. When did you learn to know what there thinking? The first god was Ra from what we know. That was the first time we had text we could understand. He might not have been G O D but there has been a force that people worshipped.

People woshipped the sun and moon for a long time before the idea of "god" came into existance, and with good reason, the sun and moon gave them something, heat and a time table.

God as we know the idea today, has only been around for a few thousand years, why would you worship a being which does nothing for you? you worship it/him for 1 reason, you wish to secure your place in "heaven". Just like ancient people, wanted to make sure the sun would rise.

If you and me where brother and you where picking on me. father would tell you to stop it. (He was told to let them go.) Then if you kept it up. He might spank or ground you.

Well God a little bigger then the father he need a bigger paddle. This was is punishment. As far as the bible goes. It only word and paper. Heck I can tell some on this board something. If you’re the last person to get the message we both know it will not be the same message that I said. Then again I believe the bible been mistranslated to. How much of the bible was not messed up when it was being written. Maybe the God has tried over and over again to have us see the truth. Maybe we messed it up in the translation. 

As far as proof it like a courtroom trial. For every bit of evident I give that some one did it. Evident can be given that they didn’t do it. Only the person knows if they did or didn’t do it. Like I have said before. I could bring a gold ball from thin air and show it to you. Does not mean you can’t say I had it hidden behind my back all along.

Lol, god needs a bigger paddle, gotta write that one down, great saying!

A good parent no matter how bad the act the child did, would not kill them for it.

God not only killed them, but he killed there children who were completely innocent.

If you believe in parts of the bible, you must believe the bible totally. Otherwise your just taking out parts which dont suite you.

Evidence is a wonderful thing, you get enough you cant really argue against it. If i said we did need oxygen to breath, you cant really say we dont need oxygen. aka, i would be correct.

If someone video taped god appearing into a room, healing someone then firing them off the end of there bed, i would definetly say, there seems to be something to "god".

But no one ever produces such evidence, because i believe it does not exist, and then the only defence is.

"you must have faith, Otherwise you will never understand" bla bla bla.

I had a friend named Robert. He said is math teacher for the second grade was Miss knight. I never met Miss Knight. I never knew Miss Knight. Yet him knowing math was proof of Miss Knight being real. Yes he could lie about Miss knight and have learned math from Miss Day. Really what the point. You say control. Remember most Christians and Jew where killed for there believes. There was no control they gained nothing but death. Yet they still preached the word. Maybe Christianity is god new attempt to show he’s real. I have more to say but I don’t wish to be banned when I am so new.

Would him lieing about his math teacher, change your existance?, i dont think it would come close to the degree that god would.

You can gain evidence that what he said was true, you could find his math teacher and ask her.

The fact he can do math, proves he learned it from somewhere. Does'nt meen some super natural force did it.

Muslims extremists are teached, by extremists teachers, do you believe in what they do? do you believe they will be rewarded by allah for killing people?

I dont think you would.
Just like i dont believe the teachings of god, are true.

Evidence for it/his existance is poor, the bible's teachings dont meet the actions of god. the bible itself was written by man, therefore there own perspective has been placed upon it.

if i showed a car, to a person 2000 years ago, i would probley be idealised. you play chinese whispers it turns into a unholy machine which could go faster then 1000 horse's. and which could not be penetrated by any human weapon.

Another fact is that religon has been the cause of massive wars. and you can say it was man's interpretation of it, but god being omnipotent should have forseen what his medling would have done to the future events of mankind, and therefore he should'nt have interfered at all.

Dont worry, you wont get banned for voicing your oppinion, aslong as it aint filled with profanity etc.

Later
-spitfire-

IP Logged

hiorta

Scotland
A Recent Healing of a Cripple
Reply #41 - Jan 3rd, 2006 at 8:45am

Spitfire, I'm off topic here, but the Western 'god' we were force-fed does not exist.
This beastie is a mere theological creation, dressed by imagination, vested with mythical abilities and adapted to impress the folk of earlier days.

You have arrived at this conclusion yourself.

Problems arise as folk evolve in thought and understanding - what held sway then, no longer persuades now, so the 'Word of God' must be changed in an attempt to recapture its former controlling potency.

This has to be done surreptitiously and not overtly.
So the 'New, Authorised' versions of  'gods word' regularly appear.

Try this for size: God - whatever the name - exists.

This divine power does not play games or take sides. It doesn't require to be worshipped. It seeks nothing other than that we learn to live our individual life in response to the 'highest' that is within us.
'It' is responsible for creating the Natural Laws which apply to and govern every aspect of Life in every circumstance, on every level. None are outside of Natural Law.

It seems that our task in our present state of being is to learn to recognise and to comply with, the best of the various options we are aware of - a wee bit like Pavlov's Dogs.

Altruistic choices bring us better fruits than selfish ones, etc. Reaping as we sow, or experiencing cause and effect.

It follows that no one and nothing, under any circumstance, can influence or change, bend or deflect, in any way, the inevitable consequence we have earned by our very own thoughts and/or actions.
It follows, also, that theologians are utterly powerless in their futile, ritualistic chanting or ceremonies, by candlelight or with incense, to change or prevent anything of importance.They may not wish their adherents to realise this, of course.

As the wonderful natural systems of evaporation and distillation provides us with a continuing supply of clean water, (demonstrating there was no Flood) and the seasons follow each other in orderly sequence, the Earth follows its cosmic journey - all automatically, so the natural laws also operate automatically. We move through this chapter of Life, taking with us only what we have earned and learned, into our next chapter.

IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Jan 3rd, 2006 at 11:44am

wow, im impressed. nicely done.

If you embrace that explaination, which i could accept for the most part, there still is'nt much evidence to prove the existance of god, but if such a thing did exist, i can see it fitting in with the way human existance has played out.

The "god" from the bible, must be wrong according to that also, for he/it has meddled with many human affairs.

my main point is, if you accept parts of the bible, you must accept everything in the bible.

IP Logged

PhoenixRa
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Jan 3rd, 2006 at 8:05pm

Hi there Spitfire,

Maybe God is both the ultimately impersonal and just an energy awareness which runs through all things, and also a personal, caring, Loving Father/Mother which wishes to see us remember where we came from before the dream?

Maybe the God of the Bible is a mix of these, plus being distorted through human belief systems, and occasionally being edited on purpose?

But maybe there is "truth" in there if someone looks hard enough for it?

Maybe it is more symbolic than most realize, and really kind of hidden knowledge?  Not hidden on purpose so much as hidden just because we don't have eyes to see with?

Overall, i'm not a huge fan of the Bible, though i'm quite fond of (some might say obsessed with) Dr. J (lol not the guy from the 76ers).

I've always been more attracted to Eastern teachings in general, cause they seem to make more "sense" and tend to be more about impersonal Laws which govern all manifested phenomena.

But, and this a big Butt, if we are all parts of God, or "probes" as Bruce calls it, then as we become more like God through our Freewill choices, then couldn't be eventually become God personified, and so represent the personal Loving God aspect?

Now, if another like Dr. J ever comes along who can walk on water, revivify the dead, all that kind of stuff, would you be more open to their teachings?

Would you perhaps consider that they are more Consciously in-touch with their God selves?

Just wait around, there maybe another one coming in your lifetime.   But its possible that you might have to be open to it, to get the full benefit? 

We all just want to be happy, and whatever gets us there with no dependance on a outside "thing", seems to be something to reach for, doesn't it?

Tell ya, i use to be one depressed dude, didn't much like life at all, and was very unhappy much of the time, and no matter how i tried to fill it up with "stuff" or with drugs or alcohol, it never fudamentally helped me be less unhappy.

I decided to try an experiment, i considered the words of a pyschic (gasp) who seemed to have been pretty well verified in many areas, and i decided to put into practice some of these principles, ideas, and ideals...

It wasn't easy by any means, changing my diet so much and exercising took a lot of discipline and non attachment to my appetites, and the "emotional" stuff was even harder at first...  I eventually got to the point where i generally wouldn't try to "get back" at those who seemed to want to hurt me...

But more and more as i changed my attitudes and diet, took an active positive look at life, the more and more i started to become consistently happy.

And the great thing was, when really bad shite happened to me, that happiness was much more stable and consistent....

Who cares about psychism, the afterlife, f'ing retrievals, and all this bull crap?

Thats not what life is about, its about trying to be happy....but maybe, just maybe there is a cosmic Law which is a bit Newtonian, but also applicable to vary "tiny" and subtle energy levels as well, which says, what you put forth, is what you experience?  Or Like attracts Like...

None of those above things will make a person happy, though believing in the afterlife does tend to open people up in various ways, and it helps to not fear death of course (which seems to be one of humans main problems)...but if you are not living the principle of Like attracts Like in mind, but want to be happy, then it seems like you might not get anywhere in that goal?

Hey, i fall off the PUL wagon often, but i have to tell you from personal experience, this stuff is one powerful life changing substance.  And i basically wake up everyday looking forward to my day, even though materially i don't have very much at all, and can barely make ends meet.

Just try out the experiment yourself for awhile....really really try, get your body healthy, meditate consistently, and try to look past the negative traits of others more.

Come on, you got nothing to lose!   I'm not asking for money here, and i'm not trying to convert you (well lol if to be completely honest..i guess i am Wink ), but i just think that if it worked for me, it might work for you?

Peace 

IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Jan 3rd, 2006 at 8:49pm

I tend to agree that eastern values, such as buddisim etc, are more in keeping with what i would tend to believe about our existance.

For me to be happy, i need secure facts. For a long time now i have wanted to know if the afterlife exists, and i constantly find no values i can call my own, because i frankly dont believe everything someone else tells me, unless it's based on facts which can be proven, and reproduced to make it personal to myself, yet this is something which i just cannot find. Every time i think ive found some evidence that the afterlife exists, it ends up crumbling, either i can easily explain it off, or someone else does.

Pul, im my oppinion is a philosphy which sucks for treating people equal, because what you may think is pul is actually doing the opposite. It is also often tainted by personal oppionion, such as:

whats worse for you, losing an arm or a leg? 1 person has to make the choice, the guy making the choice is champion racing car driver, he thinks to himself how he could'nt drive as well with 1 arm, and the next thing you know, the guy who had no say has had his leg removed, he wakes up and finds out that the racing car driver took his leg based on his personal oppinion, and the poor smuck who has no leg was a world 10000 meter champion, but thanks to you using "pul" he aint gonna run ever again.

You should really try, using revenge. It's great for stress relief and it shows the smuck who took your leg, how big of a tit up he made.

a Leg for an Leg, as the saying goes.

It makes people think twice about there actions, and the way they treat others. One of the biggest problems with society these days, is people hiding behind the law, they are protected from there actions, and treat every mistake as if they would a video game, and just press reset.

But in this game of life, the reset button does'nt work, we have but 1 life. Revenge is a way to remind others of this.

What was this topic about?...i seem to be rambling.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.