Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
A Recent Healing of a Cripple (Read 52654 times)
heisenberg69

England
Re: A Recent Healing of a Cripple
Reply #90 - May 11th, 2010 at 4:26am

Personally I would advocate a multi-disciplinary approach where philosophy, science, history, anthropology, even religion can offer valuable perspectives. But each is a perspective not THE truth.

What I feel is missing from some of the postings on this board is a sense of humility. By that I mean an acknowledgement that I am work in progress... another's viewpoint is as valid as my own. I think that humility helps prevent dialogues turning into diatribes. I just get uncomfortable when people write as though they are privy to the truth and others are'nt. I don't think its any accident that some of the smartest people in the world have also been some of the most humble because they have an inkling of just how much there is that they don't know. Our advancement comes from sharing our experiences/knowledge with love not from ego. Fear of ridicule/judgement should not stop people from contributing.

Please be assured that nothing I place on this board is THE truth just my particular perspective....

Dave

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #91 - May 11th, 2010 at 6:35am

The truth is spherical like a globe and we all stand in a different point on that globe...at the core of the sphere is the truth. You have to be willing to march into Hell to find it I bet. If you are afraid of Hell then you will never know Heaven...just an opinion. Dave, have you cracked my book yet?  Wink

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

hawkeye

Afterlife Knowledge Member

canada
Reply #92 - May 11th, 2010 at 12:43pm

I agree with you Dave. All of us. works in progress. I doubt any of us have the whole answer. Keeping our minds open to the different possibilities should work well towards bringing us to where we need to be. Miracles do happen. I believe them to happen for a reason. Although some believe, perhaps because of having closed their minds, that miracles are only the result of God good graces. Perhaps its the perception of what/who God is. God can be a different thing to each of us and that's OK in my books. Does it really matter if you see these so called miracles as works brought about by God, spiritual helpers, light beings,...?

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #93 - May 11th, 2010 at 1:01pm

.... I remember the thought coming to me once its not whether you believe in God but which God you believe in. Even Richard Dawkins believes in God.... but his is called materialist science.

.... Beau, will start reading your book soon... currently finishing reading a book on Byron.  Smiley

IP Logged

Pat E.

Northern California
Reply #94 - May 12th, 2010 at 1:53am

Wait!  I came to this site last year to find answers!  You mean I won't?   Cry

Oh, wait, I knew it all along.  I have to find the darn answers for myself.  So after many, many years of desultory searching, I guess it's time to get serious.  But I appreciate all the suggestions and ideas that get offered here (well, except for a few).  Keep up the good work, folks!   Smiley

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #95 - May 12th, 2010 at 6:55am

I wrote a song called "She walks in beauty like the night"..how COincidental?

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.