Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
A Recent Healing of a Cripple (Read 52633 times)
Spitfire
Ex Member

Re:  Recent Healing of a Cripple
Reply #15 - Dec 25th, 2005 at 6:46pm

Quote:
Spifire, do you assert that there is no god, or hold that the Christian version of God does not exist?

In the original post on this thread a man's voice miraculously became the voice of Jesus.

Quite a feat considering no one could recognise either Jesus or his voice.

The lady being healed, though was a great story.
Such spiritual events are perhaps more common than realised.
May she retain her well being.

I assert there is no god, as in the terms of an omnipotent being, who sees and knows all, and i also dont believe the christian god exists either.

Ive never seen anything remotely spiritual, i see alot of good people die over long periods, and "god" heals 1 girl, yet leaves the rest to die in agony?

This means god either takes favourites, or he demands he be worshipped in a certain way for you to be healed, or the whole story was made up.

this girl knew when she was going to be healed, yet no one brought a camera?.

Either the people there are merely fools, or they are merely actors, and i would say actors.

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: A Recent Healing of a Cripple
Reply #16 - Dec 25th, 2005 at 7:07pm

Spitfire,

Perhaps her healing occured because she made a connection that others who are ill failed to make.  That connection may have been with her conscious will expressing itself on the universal subconscious or an encounter with what she felt was divine.  It was not a desire to be well for selfish purposes, or just out of fear of disease or death.

Perhaps there is much to learn from this girl about her thoughts and spiritual connection associated with the healing.  You are looking for fairness from a man with a long flowing white beard.  I agree, that is unlikely to be found.  I believe that she connected to something vast that we all have access to, but don't often truly connect with.

I have no problem in agreeing with your statement that you see suffering and pain and don't see a divine being being fair.  But this bigger power that we can all connect with, that is hard to define, this spark of divinity in each one of us may be God.    So keep an open mind.

Matthew

IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Dec 26th, 2005 at 5:11am

Quote:
Spitfire,

Perhaps her healing occured because she made a connection that others who are ill failed to make.  That connection may have been with her conscious will expressing itself on the universal subconscious or an encounter with what she felt was divine.  It was not a desire to be well for selfish purposes, or just out of fear of disease or death.

Perhaps there is much to learn from this girl about her thoughts and spiritual connection associated with the healing.  You are looking for fairness from a man with a long flowing white beard.  I agree, that is unlikely to be found.  I believe that she connected to something vast that we all have access to, but don't often truly connect with.

I have no problem in agreeing with your statement that you see suffering and pain and don't see a divine being being fair.  But this bigger power that we can all connect with, that is hard to define, this spark of divinity in each one of us may be God.    So keep an open mind.

Matthew

i would agree with the self healing part, but

"the power of God invaded her room from the right side of her bed, like a ball of fire.  The glory of God  burst in, flooding that tiny space with such intensity that the inhabitants were swept up in it, and overcome by it.  It was like looking directly at the noonday sun, and only being able to take in a tiny fraction of the radiance... Nita's bed began to vibrate with the energy of God's presence, and she felt a million volts of power coursing through her body....Wave after wave rolled through the full length of her." "

that's not like any self healing i have ever seen. it's like "god" as in the divine omnipotent being which sees all and knows all.

also

"The chains of paralysis exploded away as Nita rocketed out over the end of her bed.  She landed on her knees with a thud, and her first sensation was the cold, hard floor beneath her...Her knees had not been bent in over a year; now  they were bent before her Jesus.  Her hands, useless for so long, were now straightened, upraised, worshiping God..."   

now either, thats the most religous inspired fairy tale ever, of there lieing.

Since i dont believe in god as an all powerful being, and that jesus is merely a roman proper gander tool, i would say lies are go.

IP Logged

Berserk

Reply #18 - Dec 26th, 2005 at 2:51pm

Spitfire,

Ah the ultimate expression of the New Age cultic mentality!  Simply dismiss testimonies that conflict with your viewpoint as a lie.  I will shortly report an analogous healing based on another life-changing personal testimony.

Don

IP Logged

Bud_S
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Dec 26th, 2005 at 2:52pm

That was a great healing story.  I read a counter-point to Christian miracle healings by a doctor once.   His argument against such miracle healings was that it wasn't a miracle because in fact a significant percentage of people heal from cancer and other diseases for unexplained reasons against all odds and those aren't touted to be miracles.  So it made me wonder if the overzealous types are the only ones to label it a miracle, and the rest of the "quietly" healed ones were healed by the same method but for whatever reason, (lack of faith, fear, gratitude) choose not to say anything or maybe don't even know.

IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Dec 26th, 2005 at 4:19pm

Quote:
Spitfire,

Ah the ultimate expression of the New Age cultic mentality!  Simply dismiss testimonies that conflict with your viewpoint as a lie.  I will shortly report an analogous healing based on another life-changing personal testimony.

Don

Ah!  berserk, the perfect example of a religous bon bon, never ask for evidence, for first you must have faith, or god will not have faith in you, REPENT, REPENT NOW OR GO STRAIGHT TO HELL, DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT 200 BUCKS GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL!.

answer my questions, and i shall come around to believing it.

1. why did no one bring camera's? video camera's?

2. why would "god" heal this girl, and not the millions of others in need?

3.why does a god need worship?

4.god has only existed for a few thousand years, we never worshipped any god for the rest of our exist, why should we now?

5. everything you understand about god, comes from 1 book, a few scrolls and thats it, "god" cant love all his children equally as it says in the bible, for he killed the eygption kids because they would'nt let the isralites go. either god does'nt love all his children, or the book was created purely by man, for man to keep control over the mass's.

You talk about "god" doing a miracle, yet the proof that god exists, was made 2000 years ago on a few scraps of paper. no new proof has come forth in all that time.

amazing claims, require amazing evidence. a few words which sound like a movie script, aint amazing evidence.

IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Dec 26th, 2005 at 8:26pm

Quote:
Spitfire,

I've answered most of your questions on this site before and can answer them again--but not in this thread because that would change the subject.  How I wish that the board was more tightly moderated to ensure posters the courtesy of a limited focus.  

Your close-mindedness robs you of integrity and your simple-minded caricature of Christianity demonstrates your lifelong unwillingness to investigate contrary possibilities in any depth.  I will demonstrate this shortly in detail and force you, at last, to deal with the real issues.

Don

P.S.  Please ditch the space-consuming logo that was cute at first but has become as tiresome as TV commercials that the public is forced to view a zillion times.

you have answered them before? i dont not remember that, if you would care to give me a link, i'll re-read them.

Im closed minded because i will not bend to your values?. I think your the one whos closed minded.

Christianity is dying, face the facts. why? education shows us it's a load of made up fairy tales, based on a good set of ideals, you seem so scared that you may be a random accident, you cling to the idea of god, as you would a life raft on a stormy sea, i would suggest you come out of hiding and face reality, sooner rather then later.

i'll keep my signature there for as long as i want, you have free will, i dont force you to read it.

IP Logged

Berserk

Reply #22 - Dec 31st, 2005 at 8:52pm

MIRACLE IN A PHONE BOOTH:

My next miracle rivals Nita Edwards's healing in its inspirational power.   I share it because my parents have confirmed it with Ken Gaub's daughter who was present on the scene.  Ken Gaub is a minister with a local TV program.  As Ken tells it:

"I was driving on I-75 near Dayton, Ohio, with my wife and children.  We turned off the highway for a rest and refreshment stop.  My wife, Barbara, and children went into the restaurant.   I suddenly felt the need to stretch my legs, so I waved them off ahead saying I'd join them later.  I bought a soft drink, and as I walked toward a Dairy Queen, feelings of self-pity enshrouded my mind...I felt drained, burdened.  My cup was empty.

Suddenly, the impatient ringing of a telephone nearby jarred me out of my doldrums.  It was coming from a phone booth at the service station on the corner.  Wasn't anyone going to answer the phone?  Noise from the traffic flowing through the busy intersection must have drowned out the sound because the service station attendant continued looking after his customers, oblivious to the incessant ringing.  

"Why doesn't somebody answer the phone?" I muttered.   I began reasoning, "It may be important.  What if it's an emergency?"  Curiosity overcame my indifference.  I stepped inside the booth and picked up the phone.

"Hello," I said casually and took a big sip of my drink.  The operator said, "Long distance call for Ken Gaub."  My eyes widened, and I almost choked on a chunk of ice.  Swallowing hard, I said, "You're crazy!"  Then, realizing I shouldn't speak to an operator like that, I added, "This can't be!  I was walking down the road, not bothering anyone, and the phone was ringing..."  "Is Ken Gaub there?"  the operator interrupted, "I have a long distance call for him."   It took a moment to gain control of my babbling, but I finally replied, "Yes, he is here."   Searching for an explanation, I wondered if I could possibly be on Candid Camera!

Still shaken, perplexed, I asked, "How in the world did you reach me here?  I was walking down the road, the pay phone started ringing, and I just answered it by chance.  You can't mean me." "Well, the operator asked, "is Mr. Gaub there or isn't he?" "Yes, I am Ken Gaub," I said, finally convinced by the tone of her voice that the call was real.

Then I heard another voice say, "Yes, that's him, operator.  That's Ken Gaub."  I listened dumbfounded to a strange voice identify herself.  "I'm Millie from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.  you don't know me, Mr. Gaub, but I'm desperate.  Please help me."  She began weeping.  

Finally, she regained control and continued, "I was about to commit suicide.  I had just finished writing a note, when I began to pray and tell God I really didn't want to do this.  Then I suddenly remembered seeing you on television and thought if I could just talk to you, you could help me.  I knew that was impossible because I didn't know how to reach you:  I didn't know anyone who could help me find you.  Then, some numbers came to my mind, and I scribbled them down."

At this point she began weeping again, and I prayed silently for wisdom to help her.  She continued, "I looked at the numbers and thought, `Wouldn't it be wonderful if I had a miracle from God, and He has given me Ken's phone number?'  I decided to try calling it.  I can't believe I'm talking to you.  Are you in your office in California?'  

I replied, "Lady,  I don't have an office in California.  My office is in Yakima, Washington."  A little surprised, she asked, "Oh really, then where are you?"  "Don't you know?"  I responded.  "You made the call."   She explained, "But I don't even know what area I'm calling.  I just dialed the numbers that I had on this paper."  "Ma'am, you won't believe this, but I'm in a phone booth in Dayton, Ohio!"   "Really?" she exclaimed.  "Well, what are you doing  there?"  I kidded her gently, "Well, I'm answering the phone.  It was ringing as i walked by; so, I answered."  

Ken then counsels the woman, her acute depression lifts, and she becomes a radiant Christian.  I've shared this account here once before.  Only later did my parents talk to Ken's daughter and confirm this miracle.

Don  

« Last Edit: Dec 31st, 2005 at 10:45pm by Berserk »  

IP Logged

Berserk

Reply #23 - Dec 31st, 2005 at 9:16pm

A MUSLIM IS HEALED OF AIDS BY JESUS:

A missionary named Brian shared his friend Ahmed's story in a sermon in my parents' church in British Columbia.   My parents later talked to him to gain updates on Ahmed's progress.   Brian has now returned to his missionary duties in Ethiopia.  

Ahmed was a Muslim mullah who was dying of AIDs in a hospital in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.   A young Christian couple were visiting the sick in the hospital and decided to pray for Ahmed.  Ahmed  would later say that he despised Christians and wanted to kill them.  But the advanced stage of his AIDs made him too weak to react.  

Then after dark, a robed being entered his room.  Through telepathic communication, Ahmed realized to this horror that it was Jesus.   He was soon overwhelmed by the love emanating from this man.  Unlike Nita Edwards, Ahmed was not instantly healed.  But he felt well enough to leave the hospital and was able to track down the Christian couple.   They prayed for him again and this time he was completely cured of his AIDs.  His healing was soon verified by a battery of tests.  

This miracle transformed Ahmed into a zealous missionary to his Muslim brethren.  His testimony converted enough Muslims to transform 3 mosques into churches.   Many of his converts were drawn to hear his testimony by visions instructing them to attend his services to experience God's presence.

But Ahmed's friend Brian admits that Ahmed's zeal is not entirely wise.   His wife is divorcing him not because of his conversion,  but because he spends so much time in the street sharing his faith with Muslims that he has neglected his marriage.   Brian is trying to get Ahmed to enter marriage counseling.  Also, the members of his 3 new churches (former mosques) are being intensely persecuted.   Ahmed is being sued for defrauding Muslims out of their mosques.   I imagine the court has now settled this.  But I'll have to wait till Brian returns again from Ethiopia to find out for sure.

I've shared these stories to demonstrate the miracles still do happen and sometimes in ways just as spectacular as biblical miracles.  I hope some find these accounts inspiring.

Happy New Year,
Don

IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Jan 1st, 2006 at 4:02am

You should write another form of fiction your quite good at it.

Reminds me of people saying they have been probed by aliens.

IP Logged

PhoenixRa
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Jan 1st, 2006 at 5:29am

Quote:
You should write another form of fiction your quite good at it.

Reminds me of people saying they have been probed by aliens.

Hey!  I was probed, i was probed!  hehehe was it wrong to like it? Shocked

J/K!!!! Grin

IP Logged

B-dawg

Missoula, Montana
Reply #26 - Jan 1st, 2006 at 5:36am

A MUSLIM IS HEALED OF AIDS BY JESUS:

A missionary named Brian shared his friend Ahmed's story in a sermon in my parents' church in British Columbia.   My parents later talked to him to gain updates on Ahmed's progress.   Brian has now returned to his missionary duties in Ethiopia. 

Ahmed was a Muslim mullah who was dying of AIDs in a hospital in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.   A young Christian couple were visiting the sick in the hospital and decided to pray for Ahmed.  Ahmed  would later say that he despised Christians and wanted to kill them.  But the advanced stage of his AIDs made him too weak to react. 

Then after dark, a robed being entered his room.  Through telepathic communication, Ahmed realized to this horror that it was Jesus.   He was soon overwhelmed by the love emanating from this man.  Unlike Nita Edwards, Ahmed was not instantly healed.  But he felt well enough to leave the hospital and was able to track down the Christian couple.   They prayed for him again and this time he was completely cured of his AIDs.  His healing was soon verified by a battery of tests. 

This miracle transformed Ahmed into a zealous missionary to his Muslim brethren.  His testimony converted enough Muslims to transform 3 mosques into churches.   Many of his converts were drawn to hear his testimony by visions instructing them to attend his services to experience God's presence.

But Ahmed's friend Brian admits that Ahmed's zeal is not entirely wise.   His wife is divorcing him not because of his conversion,  but because he spends so much time in the street sharing his faith with Muslims that he has neglected his marriage.   Brian is trying to get Ahmed to enter marriage counseling.  Also, the members of his 3 new churches (former mosques) are being intensely persecuted.   Ahmed is being sued for defrauding Muslims out of their mosques.   I imagine the court has now settled this.  But I'll have to wait till Brian returns again from Ethiopia to find out for sure.

I've shared these stories to demonstrate the miracles still do happen and sometimes in ways just as spectacular as biblical miracles.  I hope some find these accounts inspiring.

Happy New Year,
Don
Pardon my cynicism, Don... but that story sounds a
bit like the classic chain letter which states something like this:
"A plumber named Fred B. discarded this letter which has been around the world 37 times. Two days later he died."
How about a LAST NAME for "Brian", at least, or even (Heavens to Murgatroyd!) CONTACT INFORMATION? "A missionary named Brian" has an urban-legendy sound to it (if not the ring of a total fabrication.)
You can do BETTER than this, Don...
BTW - will I find THIS one on Snopes.com (like your "Acme mountain moving company" story?)

Happy aught-six,
B-man

IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Jan 1st, 2006 at 6:53am

Quote:
Hey!  I was probed, i was probed!  hehehe was it wrong to like it? Shocked

J/K!!!! Grin

I thought you were the one doing the probing ???

IP Logged

Rob_Roy

New Hampshire, USA
Reply #28 - Jan 1st, 2006 at 9:40am

Justin,

You are too much! Oh btw, are there female aliens? Are they humamoid? Do they like probing? Turnabout is fair play, as they say.  : - ) .

Spitfire,

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Christianity as a dying religion. It has proven itself adaptable in the long term. Even the Catholic church isn't quite what it was at its beginning. Btw, the Catholic Church is the oldest continuously existing institution in the world. It may appear to be dying in western countries but it's thriving and expanding elsewhere.
Ditto for the Anglican Church and others. Oh yeah, let's not forget those pesky Mormons. They've been consistantly growing in numbers all over the world.

Your logo is loud and obnoxious. But that's you, isn't it? You seem to identify with the Spitfire identity. Are you your own man or do you really need to prop up your personality with artificial identities such as this?

I don't think atheism is a tenable position. The existance of God cannot be proven, true, but neither can it be disproven. It would seem the agnostic position is more logical, unless your personal experience demonstrates the existance of God, which in your case clearly does not.

I have gotton on Don for what I perceive as his arrogance and other things, but I don't think he is the type of Christian you characterize him as being. Far from it. His beliefs would get him excomunicated from most, if not all, of the Christian churches/denominations. You are not doing yourself or anyone else any true favors by such fallacious exaggerations such as those you try impose on him.

Rob

IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Jan 1st, 2006 at 10:51am

Rob:
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Christianity as a dying religion. It has proven itself adaptable in the long term. Even the Catholic church isn't quite what it was at its beginning. Btw, the Catholic Church is the oldest continuously existing institution in the world. It may appear to be dying in western countries but it's thriving and expanding elsewhere.
Ditto for the Anglican Church and others. Oh yeah, let's not forget those pesky Mormons. They've been consistantly growing in numbers all over the world.

It's true, that christianity is spreading to other country's such as latin america, africa and other parts of asia, but it is declining in western cultures. Why is this you may ask?

Education. We have been educated to a higher degree for quite sometime, and now the need for primative forms of control such as religon is no longer needed.

Rob:
Your logo is loud and obnoxious. But that's you, isn't it? You seem to identify with the Spitfire identity. Are you your own man or do you really need to prop up your personality with artificial identities such as this?

I enjoy Graphics, i like the design of my logo, and if that makes me loud and obnoxious then im guess im guilty as charged?, and i can assume from your slogan, that you are a product of the hippie movement, and on sundays you dance around your garden with a flower in your hair?

I don't think atheism is a tenable position. The existance of God cannot be proven, true, but neither can it be disproven. It would seem the agnostic position is more logical, unless your personal experience demonstrates the existance of God, which in your case clearly does not.

The existance of god cannot be proven. My Point exactly.

Therefore he/it does not exist, therefore theres no point basing every action in your life on supposedley his word written 2000 years ago, by the type of guys who would sell there best chum down the river for a few peices of silver.

I have gotton on Don for what I perceive as his arrogance and other things, but I don't think he is the type of Christian you characterize him as being. Far from it. His beliefs would get him excomunicated from most, if not all, of the Christian churches/denominations. You are not doing yourself or anyone else any true favors by such fallacious exaggerations such as those you would impose on him.

If every single word you post here is based on 1 argument which cannot be proven, how can you even have a productive conversation?.

Religon is like a mob, join them or be cast out. i dont like mobs, never have, people who join them are scared they cannot stand alone.

If the foundation of your argument is'nt firm, then if you attack it the entire house will fall.

If god cant be proven to exist, then his comandments, his laws, the miracle's he performs, his son, all becomes meaningless.

People with education, and an open mind who have not been programmed by people around them clearly see god as a tool that was used to give hope and keep control, nothing more, nothing less.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.