Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Either a glitch or a spirit having some fun (Read 4195 times)
mystical1707

ALK Member

Either a glitch or a spirit having some fun
Nov 2nd, 2019 at 8:57am

My parents told me about this that happened earlier in the year around the time of my Mum's birthday.

They have Sky TV and they are able to record programmes. Well they got up one morning to find their TV had recorded 2 programmes overnight that they hadn't set up. 2 programmes about ghosts, one of which was the film 'The Haunting'. That spooked us all a bit.

Either a mischievous spirit or a glitch but I don't think their TV has recorded anything by itself before.

My parents have had many experiences themselves with things that can't be explained and it usually tends to happen around their birthdays so I don't think it was just a glitch.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Re: Either a glitch or a spirit having some fun
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2019 at 4:39pm

I wonder if some friendly spirits arranged that so that your parents will understand that some ghosts are around.

I don't know what your parents are like, but if they believe ghosts are around, I'd recommend that they share loving thoughts with these ghosts and suggest that they go to the light or look for some deceased relatives. They don't need to be able to hear or see these ghosts, in order to send such a message.

They might also prey for help. Or they might burn sage.

IP Logged

mystical1707

ALK Member

Reply #2 - Nov 3rd, 2019 at 8:12am

Thanks for your reply.

My parents have only had experiences since their Mum's passed away so we all like to think it's them letting them know they are still around. And because things usually happen around their birthdays or their Mum's birthdays, it's quite comforting to think it is them.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #3 - Nov 3rd, 2019 at 10:55am

Recoverer, good reminder about sending messages. Our intention is all that's needed to deliver the message.  From all she has described, it doesn't sound like a ghost needing help.  Sounds like a visit since it was around a birthday.

Mystical, was your grandmother funny and did she like to play jokes while she was alive?

I agree that our loved ones visit us on special occasions. My dad visited during a family celebration once.  And my supervisor told me that on Mother's Day a light above a photo of her husband's mother turned itself on in the middle of the night Shocked

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

mystical1707

ALK Member

Reply #4 - Nov 3rd, 2019 at 6:13pm

I can't really remember if my Nan liked a joke or not. I can only really remember her as a loving, warm, generous, kind hearted person but she may have liked a joke too as it certainly runs in the family.

That's lovely to hear your Dad visited during a celebration once. Can you remember what happened? And how lovely for your supervisor to have an experience on mothers day too Smiley

I went out for a meal with my parents, auntie and uncle I think it was last year. The meal fell on my Nan's birthday. So when we were sat in the restaurant, I asked my Nan if she was around to make the light switch on and off. But my auntie looked horrified lol and said if that happened it would scare her. Unfortunately nothing happened.

But a short while later, we were having a huge family get together in another restaurant. There were quite a few of us, probably around the 12 mark. It was for a special occasion. Lovely people, lovely conversation and during the meal when people were having fun, one of the lights kept flickering. I wondered if it was the good energy in the room that was causing that but everyone else thought it was just a faulty light bulb or something. I couldn't help but wonder if it was my Nan because she was missing from the family meal. Maybe it was just a coincidence but it brings me comfort anyway and maybe that's all that matters.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #5 - Nov 4th, 2019 at 12:02am

mystical1707 wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 6:13pm:
That's lovely to hear your Dad visited during a celebration once. Can you remember what happened? 

We were all at my mom's house celebrating someone's birthday.  I can't remember whose.  We were sitting out on the enclosed patio and everyone was telling stories and laughing.  I distinctly remember suddenly feeling as if my dad were alive and he had just walked into the room.  It was so impressionably real and it made me look up into the doorway expecting to see him.  But of course at that moment I realized it wasn't possible because he's dead.  But it was such an overwhelming feeling of his presence coming over the room that I thought to myself, why can't it be real?  Just because I don't see him doesn't mean he's not here.  Even though it was incongruent to feel him but not see him, I couldn't deny that I felt his energy there. 

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

mystical1707

ALK Member

Reply #6 - Nov 6th, 2019 at 9:01am

Ah that's lovely Smiley For you to feel that way, I would say he probably did pop by and you were able to feel his presence in one way Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.