Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Constant skepticism vs faith & Yeshua's words/life (Read 20283 times)
SourceLover2
Ex Member

Constant skepticism vs faith & Yeshua's words/life
May 18th, 2017 at 2:37pm

Now a days, some sources--most connected to The Monroe Institute in some way or another, talk a lot about the extreme importance of a concept that goes like:  You always have to remain open minded and skeptical no matter what.  I perceive this as partially helpful and constructive, if it's not taken too far.
     Yes, it is very important that one should use and apply their discrimination and discernment, especially when it comes to outside sources of info that set themselves up as authority, truth, or the like.  For example, Albert and I have come to discern/discriminate that a few popular or well known sources out there, aren't all they're cracked up to be.
    Part of this, is because we are humble enough to understand, that we don't always get things correctly when perceiving from our conscious, personality mind level.  Hence, we go within and appeal to sources wiser and more aware than ourselves.  It is these that have given us clear heads up about some of these outside sources. 
        The whole scientist, and have to remain always completely skeptical, but open minded thing, can become a limiting BELIEF SYSTEM itself.  It can also be motivated out of fear. What fear?  The fear of being wrong or looking like a fool in others eyes.
      Here, I'll give a clear example:  Say you're meditating a lot and attuning to guidance a lot. Generally, you're getting a lot of verification. Say you keep asking guidance about Earth changes and timing in relation to same.  Say you think you got, or you did get information, but turns out either the information or you were really off the mark. 
     Well, the embarrassment and ego pang of such an experience, and other experiences, might overly incline someone, especially if already cautious and intellectually oriented to thinking/believing in a way that can go too far, about HAVING to always be skeptical and question everything.
    Hence, ultimately, unconscious ego and fear is behind that approach and the eventual over-development of an extremist expression of it.  Or in other words, it goes from being helpful/constructive, to becoming limiting
     Let's look at Yeshua's life and teachings for a moment in clear contrast. Do we think that Yeshua told himself constantly, "Well, I have to be skeptical of everything, all the time, and not believe in anything?"  Or did he constantly think to self, "Man, what if I'm completely deluded about being this prophesied messiah figure?????"
     I think he may have thought about it some in a doubtful way, but with all the experiences that his parents had, all his own clear guidance messages, etc, that at some point, he decided to completely banish all doubt and go with what he knew on a deep, intuitive, knowing level.
    In actuality, Yeshua teaches and speaks a lot about faith and belief and the importance of these. After he resurrects, one of his disciples, Thomas says that because he has not yet seen Yeshua with his own eyes, he would not believe what others were telling him until he puts his hand in his side, yadayada. 
     Then when he does meet Yeshua in the flesh, Yeshua full well knowing Thomas's previous remarks/feelings, quips, "“Now that you have seen me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen me and have believed.”  There were some deep lessons for Thomas here and his over skepticism that was based in fear.  Doubting Thomas indeed.
      One truth I am certain above all others, is that Yeshua is more awake, aware, etc than myself or any human that I have met.    Hence why I look to him as my primary teacher besides my own Expanded self level. 
     So we have The Monroe Institute and connected folks, and we have Yeshua, whom was Love personified.  Which one of these, would it make the most pragmatic sense to listen to most?  I might argue, that a BALANCE and integration of both could be helpfully struck. 
     Now, I might go to another forum or the like where skepticism is repeated like a mantra over and over again, becoming naught but an empty belief system, but having been to some of these places, I would know, the moment you start questioning their holy Teachers of Teachers, that one would be banned quite quickly from those places. Hmmm, the ironyWink   Grin 

IP Logged

TheDonald

ALK Member

Re: Constant skepticism vs faith & Yeshua's words/life
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2017 at 5:05pm

Several years ago, I had a lucid dream in which I performed a retrieval of Janet, an ex-girlfriend who had recently committed suicide.  This retrieval was very cathartic for me because I felt guilt and sadness for breaking up with her a couple of years prior.  During the retrieval dream I had absolutely no doubt that the retrieval was real.

3 years ago, my Dad died rather suddenly and my brother and I couldn't get there (Kelowna, BC)  before he passed.  Then last year he showed up in a lucid dream and we went for a long walk during which I was able to express my love for him.  During that dream I was certain the contact was genuine.

But in both cases, I later reluctantly came to the conclusion that neither dream was real; rather, both were expressions of unconscious wish fulfillment.  "Why would you do that to yourself?"  you might ask.  Actually, it wasn't a choice; my skepticism just dawned on me very gradually. 

Still, I have often asked myself why and the answer, I think, is twofold. (1)  The happy postmortem survival of my Dad and Janet is far more important to me than my deep need to be reassured about their actual current state.  So when I feel internal pressure to believe something wonderful but irrational, I automatically push back with skepticism, awaiting convincing verification. 
(2) Secondly, I have learned how convincing many lucid dreams can be because the people and events in them, though clearly fictional, behave so convincingly beyond my conscious creative input. 

I am convinced that the starting point for true wisdom is knowing clearly what you don't know and honestly acknowledging that uncomfortable uncertainty.  The spiritual belief systems of many people blur the line between certain intuitive knowledge about spiritual experiences and odd coincidences that promote wishful thinking in the interests of a more logically coherent world view.  My skepticism about many of my experiences has the effect of making my indubitable paranormal revelations all the more sacred and precious.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #2 - May 18th, 2017 at 5:26pm

Don:

It might be a mistake to conclude that no lucid dreams provide information, simply because your lucid dreams didn't provide information.

The other day I wanted to tell my sister about a dream my Mom had, and she just would not listen. Why? Because she doesn't even want to remember her own dreams, because on more than one occasion she has had a dream of something bad taking place, and that something actually happened. She is not the only person that has such dreams.

I've received information that could be verified later.

On the other hand, I've had dreams where it wasn't appropriate to take what was said literally. The dreams served another purpose. As with all things, one needs to use one's discrimination.

Consider a dream Justin had. He was told that instead of going to Bruce Moen for information,  he should go see [].   He thought this meant me. At a later date he met me in person, and I looked like the person he saw in the dream.

I don't mean to state that Justin should see me as his teacher. Not at all.  It is more of a matter of his path being more like mine, than like Bruce's.

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 18th, 2017 at 6:10pm

Skepticism from an astrological symbolism perspective:  The symbols I most associate with skepticism are Mercury and Saturn.  Mercury symbolizes and relates to, in general, the intellectual, left brain, linear logical side of us. Our conscious minds.
   I've noticed that people with very powerful Mercury in their charts, tend to have a good amount of some kind of yellow and/or tan color.  If it's linked to a very strong Sun at the same time, usually it's more towards the rare, "golden yellow" shades, which are faster vibratory and more infused with White Light that relates to PUL.
   Mercury, all in all, relates to the more positive side of skepticism, which is the necessary grounding balance of the left brain, logic type pattern, on the receptive/receiving right brain. 
     Saturn and skepticism: Saturn relates more to the fear based aspect or level of skepticism.  Mercury desires clarity and truth for the sake of same.  These are inherently important to Mercury. 
     Saturn on the other hand, is very "socially conscious".  Saturn is very related to not only fear in general, but especially one's self image in relation to "what will others think" ego type fear/worry. 
       Let's use a more concrete example.  Say you were born with Mercury in Capricorn, closely opposed Saturn in Cancer.  Mercury in Capricorn, is already careful, methodical, cautious, deliberate, and fairly grounded.  Cancer is a Sign that tends strongly towards self protection and defensiveness, especially emotionally.   
      Saturn in Cancer, would only highlight that pattern.  But what happens when you take Capricorn Mercury + Cancer Saturn in a powerful, direct aspects, it = a mind that has a strong pattern and tendency to be VERY worried and concerned about being accurate and correct in general, and especially in relation to one's socially oriented self image. A very strong concern and attachment to being perceived as accurate or well thought of in the mental sense.
     If a more mature Soul is born with such a pattern/indication, they probably will channel it mostly constructively, and the Love they attune to and become aware of, can help over-ride some of the less positive, possible expressions.  But, chances are, they will very strongly tend towards the a mental approach of skepticism, and at times, probably too much so. 
     Here is a link talking a little more about Saturn in a more holistic way:
http://afterlife-knowledge.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1495135766 ;

As I basically said earlier, I think faith needs to be balanced with skepticism and skepticism balanced out with faith.  Faith is more innate Love attuned and not concerned with self image, and is ready to dive in where Angels fear to tread. Faith is standing up on a cliff, looking down into the water, jumping off knowing you will be ok. Where there is a lack of self focus and consciousness, there tends to be positive faith tendencies and expression. 
     This is the faith aspect that Yeshua focused on, and for a reason.  He knew that his Piscean Age, would morph into a very intellectually polarized time period/cycle, and his messages about faith, were not just for the people around or his times, but for also for this future time of intellectual polarization.
      Astrologically, the concept of faith relates most to the Planet Jupiter.  A good counter balance to over Mercury Saturn attunement, especially if it become non constructive, is that of Jupiter.  For example, take that same Mercury in Capricorn position and instead of combining with a powerful aspect to Saturn in Cancer, you combine with a very close trine to Jupiter in Virgo. 
    This would indicate a much more balanced and positively faith informed kind of mind set and approach.  You have the natural skepticism, depth, penetration, and groundedness of Capricorn, but combined with the very expanded, positive, very intuitive, more Love/Universal Consciousness that Jupiter represents.
     Jupiter's "dark side" is that of "over doing", usually of that which is positive otherwise.  Capricorn Mercury here, would lend a necessary balance to faith filled Jupiter, and vice versa Jupiter would balance out the limiting tendencies of Capricorn Mercury.
      I tend to like to look at conditions and patterns very holistically.  Astrology might be a new language to some here, and not familiar, but it can really help one to become more conscious to that which tends to be unconscious in life, others, and/or self. Besides going within and contacting positive Guidance and meditation in general, I would say astrology is one of the most potent ways to be able to peer into the unconscious and/or shadow side of self and/or others. 
      I did full charts from age 16 to 26 or so for others. It has always amazed me, and though it's not much of a focus anymore, it's still interesting to look at things from this "multi-leveled consciousness symbolism language". It powerfully reminds me constantly, of how One everything truly is.
    Astrology is like a combo of microscope and telescope into the larger Universe of Consciousness. Course, like anything language related, your ability to perceive and interpret matters a lot in it's degree of helpfulness.

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 18th, 2017 at 6:11pm

Agreed Albert.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #5 - May 18th, 2017 at 9:05pm

Justin, faith can be quite wise, and not as blind as some people might think.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #6 - May 18th, 2017 at 9:20pm

Don

Both my thoughts and experience mirror what you have described. In the early years of my out of body travels and lucid dreams, I had several experiences with deceased relatives, among other types of astounding experiences such as union with my Higher Self and past life mergers with alien-type beings, all which had me convinced that they genuine due to a feeling of "knowing." It wasn't until a few years later that I began to accept the fact that I in fact did not know for sure if these experiences were genuine, despite how real they seemed. I realized that I was actually being dishonest with myself, and that this feeling of "knowing" was little more than wishful thinking.

I also fooled myself into thinking that those experiences had any meaningful positive impact in my life. Looking back now, it's easy to see how deluded I was. Whatever intellectual knowledge I may have gained from them was entirely separate from how I actually lived my life. This is attested by the fact that the fruits that have already come from just a few months leading my new life in Christ are more than a decade of meditation, out of body experiences and new age teachings combined.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 18th, 2017 at 10:49pm

Recoverer 2 wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 9:05pm:
Justin, faith can be quite wise, and not as blind as some people might think.

Indeed.  As mentioned, I (and many other astrologer students) associate Jupiter the most with that kind of positive faith.  Cayce's guidance linked Jupiter to the next most expanded consciousness state/dimension in our little system of dimensions, second only to the Sun which is the fastest vibratory/most expanded. 

Some excerpts relating to Jupiter, for those who came in with experiences in the non physical dimension(s) that Jupiter symbolizes:

"In Jupiter we find the great ennobling influences, the broadmindedness, the ability to consider others, the universal consciousnesses that are part of the entity's unfoldment."  2890-2

"Jupiter has made for not only the high ennobling influence but the tendency for relationships that deal with large numbers of peoples." 189-3

"In the influences seen in Jupiter, makes for that in the entity's experience of gaining a lesson from every experience, and with the application of will may the the entity use such experience as a stepping-stone for development of self, as related to the making of self in a closer relationship to the fellow man, thus fulfilling that of divine force or power..."  99-6

Anyways, these are just a few examples.  Cayce's guidance often of linked Jupiter to themes, patterns, and tendencies of spiritual strength, Universal Consciousness, and ennobling tendencies. It's the bigness, the openness of heart which leads to faith.  And in that sense, the Sun is also linked to great faith, spiritual strength and lack of fear as well.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #8 - May 19th, 2017 at 2:11pm

Dude:

It would be delusional for you to conclude that other people get deluded about Disks and such, just because you got deluded. People can become deluded in more than one way.

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #9 - May 19th, 2017 at 2:35pm

It's kind of like that old saying, "to err is human..."  I might add that also "to be human is to be deluded to some extent, on some level, in some area." 
      There is no such thing as perfect perception if we're connected to a human body, and not fully connected to PUL and Source.  This recent situation showed me that perception can be a tricksy thing (especially in interaction with others).
       My very first impression before any, was that this person had been here before, which is why I asked them that early on.  Then because they told me they hadn't and because of what they were talking about skepticism, importance of lack of belief, etc, continually, and in the way they interacting, like they thought themselves wiser, more aware than me and others, led me to think it might be T.C.
    Before I meditated, I had a dream about the situation and the dream symbol figure, ended up surprising me by their distortion/lack of clarity in their vibe/essence and manner.   But having bought into a belief that someone led me down in a deceptive way, kept me from viewing them and the situation completely accurately. 
    The dream guidance was completely true, I just misinterpreted it based on preconceptions and believing another human. 
    Does this mean that from now on, I shouldn't trust my dream guidance because I garbled things a bit? No, I don't think so.  I think more than anything, I just need to focus on opening to Love more, and not be trusting of fellow humans.  It actually reinforced my previous view of trusting dreams more than meditation sought info, because the latter are easier to distort/garble. 
    When it comes to being human and perception, it's like the old saying, "you win some, you lose some".  Part of the trick is to be ok with "losing" being wrong sometimes. It's the human body ego side of us that HAS to be right at all costs. (and feels pangs when it's not.  I felt some of that briefly, to be honest.)
    I just came up with a saying, "He who never goes out on a limb, never falls, but rarely does he ever get to the top of the tree."  Parable for the topic. Ok, really going on a ALK vacay now. 

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #10 - May 19th, 2017 at 3:01pm

Justin, I also occasionally misinterpret some of the symbolic messages I receive.

The messages I receive while wide awake tend to be easier to decipher than dream messages.

Back to the faith thing we discussed a bit.

I'd say that in the past ten years or so I've had a few thousand meditations where at the beginning I prayed to God, Christ and the other beings of love and light that are close to me. I did this because my faith told me that they would respond to my prayer in a way that is appropriate for "ME," not in a way that is appropriate for someone else.

Without considering what you know about me, you would probably conclude that God etc. would respond to me in a way that is appropriate to me, because you have enough faith in God etc. to believe that they would respond in such a way.

As far as being fooled by false beings of light and such, no matter what such beings can radiate, there is no way they can use whatever techniques they use to radiate something that is comparable to God's love and vasteness.

If one has faith, one will understand that one has the ability to recognize when one actually receives God's divine love, and NOBODY but one's self can determine if one has experienced such a thing. For someone else to suggest that they know better than you, is arrogant.

Another point to consider is that when I meditate, I begin by tuning into my spirit self and the love that is there, and this plays a part in my connecting to a matching energetic level.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #11 - May 19th, 2017 at 4:18pm

Recoverer 2 wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 2:11pm:
Dude:

It would be delusional for you to conclude that other people get deluded about Disks and such, just because you got deluded. People can become deluded in more than one way.

Why would it be delusional to conclude that? Is it reasonable to assume that I was the first person ever to be deluded about such things, or that I will be the last? Please explain your logic.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

TheDonald

ALK Member

Reply #12 - May 19th, 2017 at 4:40pm

I Am Dude wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 9:20pm:
Don

Both my thoughts and experience mirror what you have described. In the early years of my out of body travels and lucid dreams, I had several experiences with deceased relatives, among other types of astounding experiences such as union with my Higher Self and past life mergers with alien-type beings, all which had me convinced that they genuine due to a feeling of "knowing." It wasn't until a few years later that I began to accept the fact that I in fact did not know for sure if these experiences were genuine, despite how real they seemed. I realized that I was actually being dishonest with myself, and that this feeling of "knowing" was little more than wishful thinking.

I also fooled myself into thinking that those experiences had any meaningful positive impact in my life. Looking back now, it's easy to see how deluded I was. Whatever intellectual knowledge I may have gained from them was entirely separate from how I actually lived my life. This is attested by the fact that the fruits that have already come from just a few months leading my new life in Christ are more than a decade of meditation, out of body experiences and new age teachings combined.

Yesterday, I attended a charismatic talk by a "cowboy preacher."  It was a nightmare for me because (1) his presentation was over an hour too long and (2) there was speaking in tongues and prophesying that I confidently discerned as contrived.  As I've mentioned on my Spirit Baptism thread, my lifelong discernment tells me that about 95% of such manifestations are bogus.  But the 5% that do seem genuine are so powerful, so life-changing that it is worth wading through the spurious to get to the genuine. 

God is using your spiritual journey to develop your gift of spiritual discernment.  That gift in turn will help you discover other authentic gifts of the Spirit (Read 1 Corinthians 12-14).  When you find the right faith community, you will find yourself exercising these new gifts.  Your OBE skills and explorations will serve as a useful foundation for the requisite intuition to exercise other gifts that will profoundly benefit you and other needy souls that God sends your way.  Maybe you'll even enter full-time ministry?  If so, count on my support for background material in sermon and teaching preparation.

Don

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #13 - May 19th, 2017 at 5:07pm

Dude:

Just as holocaust victims know more about the holocaust than people who believe the conspiracy theories that state that the holocaust never happened, the people who go through certain experiences know them better than you, a person who didn't have their experiences.

The fact of how you believe you are able to judge other people's experience better than them, shows that you have yet to develop discrimination.

You're showing about as much discrimination now, as when you came on this forum and said that the holocaust was a hoax.

I Am Dude wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 4:18pm:
Recoverer 2 wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 2:11pm:
Dude:

Why would it be delusional to conclude that? Is it reasonable to assume that I was the first person ever to be deluded about such things, or that I will be the last? Please explain your logic.

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #14 - May 19th, 2017 at 5:19pm

Don, separating the wheat from the chaff is, as you say, essential for getting to the truth. It's all about discernment.

The stories you've told are compelling evidence of the existence of the afterlife. Perhaps not the nature of the afterlife, that's something that's in a whole different league.

For the benefit of those who didn't hear your account of the Leonard story, I hope you can re-tell it. That was amazing!

Best,
R

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.