Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
A message to the forum (Read 12874 times)
Grant_Silver

USA
A message to the forum
May 1st, 2016 at 6:04am

01101010011101010111001101110100011010010110111000100000011011100110010101100101
01100100011100110010000001110100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001100010

Grant

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: A message to the forum
Reply #1 - May 1st, 2016 at 11:09am

Amen Chrwe.  I've had enough of the personal attacks here.  I plan to call people on it when they do it in the future and I encourage all to do the same.  Discussion, yes.  Making it personal or offensive, no.

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #2 - May 2nd, 2016 at 12:56pm

If you have a complaint that someone is violating the rules use the Posting Guideline Violation Form at the bottom of page of these Forums.  If you don't report it, it will NOT come to the attention of the forum moderator.

Bruce

IP Logged

chrwe

ALK Member

Reply #3 - May 2nd, 2016 at 1:22pm

That never works for me. On the mobile devices, I get a blank screen and on the pc, it gets blocked by something.

But never mind. I think I don`t want to participate anymore anyway.

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 2nd, 2016 at 3:57pm

Chrwe, i can understand the sentiment.  A thought though--if most of the more positive minded and acting people leave, then the forum will probably descend into a more limited and stuck state and/or become over clique'y.   

Btw Bruce, i don't understand why my post was erased.  All i said was what the binary message stated.  My post was pretty neutral, except for quoting "Grant".

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Justin Is Banned
Reply #5 - May 2nd, 2016 at 6:51pm

For numerous violations of the Posting Guidelines Justin has been banned from future posting to these Forums.  If anyone sees Justin posting again please report it using the form at the bottom of any Forum page.

Bruce

IP Logged

recoverer

Re: Justin Is Banned
Reply #6 - May 3rd, 2016 at 4:51pm

I've been away from computers for about 5 days, so I don't know if I missed anything, but "numerous violations?" 1796, Alan and Rondelle make rude and disrespectful comments towards others for weeks without getting banned, and then Justin gets banned? I don't get it.

Whatever the case, I suppose it is time for me to also leave this forum.

Goodbye everybody. I wish you the best.

Albert

Bruce Moen wrote on May 2nd, 2016 at 6:51pm:
For numerous violations of the Posting Guidelines Justin has been banned from future posting to these Forums.  If anyone sees Justin posting again please report it using the form at the bottom of any Forum page.

Bruce

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #7 - May 3rd, 2016 at 9:20pm

Yes I agree with you Albert. The insults and rude personal remarks came from Alan in droves and then 1796. I tried the moderator function and a personal message myself but nothing happened.  I am not sure how Justin ended up being banned but it does not seem fair.

IP Logged

Gman

Reply #8 - May 4th, 2016 at 12:15am

recoverer wrote on May 3rd, 2016 at 4:51pm:
I've been away from computers for about 5 days, so I don't know if I missed anything, but "numerous violations?" 1796, Alan and Rondelle make rude and disrespectful comments towards others for weeks without getting banned, and then Justin gets banned? I don't get it.

Whatever the case, I suppose it is time for me to also leave this forum.

Goodbye everybody. I wish you the best.

Albert

Bruce Moen wrote on May 2nd, 2016 at 6:51pm:

Bruce

Justin got banned for reasons private to our Owner/Administrator/Moderator of this forum, Bruce Moen.

Recoverer left because Justin got banned. As typical with Recoverer, he had to mention in his final post, that Alan, 1796, and Rondele should have been banned also!?

Is this the views of somebody, Rcovererer(Albert Haust the Third)who has two Spiritual books on Amazon, who writes about his so called advanced spirituality and tolerance, that he does not practice himself in our real physical reality and attitude towards others.    

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #9 - May 4th, 2016 at 2:36am

Gman,

It is implied from your post that if you believe someone should be banned from the site for inappropriate posts, that you are somehow lacking in love or spirituality.  You are entitled to your opinion, but I respectfully disagree.  When a poster repeatedly calls others "stupid," or uses derogatory language again and again, and takes personal snipes against others leading every conversation off topic, then a loving response is not to let it continue and pollute the forum. 

Tolerance to me means recognizing those with an opposing view with respect, not allowing yourself to be a doormat and insulted.  There is a difference between tolerance and submission or degradation.  I have had numerous private messages from posters who have left this forum because of the negative posts here.  To allow those posts to continue is not a sign of spirituality. 

A loving  spiritual person may say they have had enough of being insulted.  You can wish them well on their journey but perhaps it is more loving not to enable their behavior. 

M

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #10 - May 4th, 2016 at 8:17am

See that is exactly what I am talking about.  You disparage me personally, deliberately, with a sarcastic name, rather than state your case.

If your point is that you believe no one should be banned unless their venom is threatening physical harm to someone, then I respectfully disagree. 

If a person says personal attacks which are mean spirited, rather than just express their ideas, they don't belong on a civilized forum, period.  If they do it once or twice but then realize the harm they caused and apologize (cease to do it) then most reasonable folk would welcome them back to the discussion. 

If you want to have the freedom to call people derogatory names and say "C'mon, you can take it, it is all in good fun," most would disagree here.  So why continue to do so?

M

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #11 - May 4th, 2016 at 10:04am

recoverer wrote on May 3rd, 2016 at 4:51pm:
1796, Alan and Rondelle make rude and disrespectful comments towards others for weeks without getting banned, and then Justin gets banned? I don't get it.

An upgrade to the server software broke the Peer Moderator Form and it is now working.  I agree there are others who are violating the Posting Guidelines.  The will be banned.  Now that the Posting Guidelines Form is working again please use it so I can deal with the violators.

Thanks

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
1796 has been banned
Reply #12 - May 4th, 2016 at 10:08am

1796 has been banned for numerous Posting Guidelines violations.  I you see 1796 posting again under the same or a different username please report it using the Violation form at the bottom of any Forum page.

Thanks,

Bruce

IP Logged

Ambivalent
Ex Member

Reply #13 - May 4th, 2016 at 10:21am

I will ban and see myself out. Good wishes on your paths.

IP Logged

one
Ex Member

Reply #14 - May 4th, 2016 at 11:50am

Web
more
Primary
A message
J
Justin Whitson
to me
10 minutes agoDetails
            I have no desire to rejoin this forum at this point, however, i do want to state some things in this one last post.  Bruce says that i was banned for multiple posting violations.  It is true that of late, i have spoken to some here strongly and in a personal way, but the larger context is missing.  I've experienced numerous posters personally attack me on multiple recent occasions.  Sometimes, i remained silent and ignored them, but other times i spoke strongly in return.  As previously mentioned, growing up, i had a lot of experience with folks that thought it was alright to bully others, and i experienced some of this every year from K-12.  I learned the hard way, that you cannot always walk away from these types, that sometimes you have to stand up to them, stand firm, and speak and/or act strongly.  I say i learned this the hard way, because i came in an introverted, peace loving, people pleaser type (Libra Moon, Pisces S. Node in the 7th, Aqua Venus in 7th exactly sextile Neptune in the 7th and opposed Asc, etc).  The first psychic reading i ever had, around age 18, was with an old Greek-American lady, a grandmother, and i will never forget what she said, and which she said strongly, "You take too much 'crap' (she used the other, swear word) from people!  Why do you take so much 'crap' from people?  You shouldn't take so much "crap" from people."

One poster, 1796, recently labeled me a psychopath.  It was this kind of extreme demonization and viciousness that i was responding to and why i have spoken strongly. So for defending self, others, and this forum, i get banned?  Some folks with delicate sensibilities, who haven't experienced what i have and was experiencing, couldn't take it i guess?.  Perhaps if it was directed at them, they would feel differently?  Unlike you, i do not have the power to ban them or erase their posts, but i could stand up to them verbally. 
    I ask you Bruce, and those with delicate sensibilities, what did the Master and personification of PUL, Jesus, do?   He was often viciously attacked by others for speaking truth.  Did he always just take it and ignore it?  Or, did he occasionally speak strongly and firmly stand his ground with these?   From my reading of the NT, he did occasionally speak quite strongly to those who initiated attacks on him or others.
    Other posters have been a bit more subtle all in all.  One such poster, Rondele, has it in for your forum/work Bruce.  He has subtly and manipulatively tried to call into question your work, your intent, your purpose.  He calls exploring the afterlife a "fool's errand".  I have caught him in these subtle and indirect attacks, and have called him out on it, because while you and i do have some differences of opinion and of personal style (your style is more like Bob's and mine is more like my Teachers), all in all, i believe in you and your work, and besides being personally attacked by said poster, i have stood up to him also because i see through his hidden reason for being here--and it's not friendly to you, your work, or the purpose of this forum.   But because he is subtle, usually indirect, and clever, most haven't seen this. It takes deeper observation and intuition.

Many years ago, you put me on temporary suspension. While at the time i was bothered by that, looking back, i realized i both deserved and needed it. I was very uncentered at the time because of a lot of outside stress and challenge all hitting me at once.  What you did then was just and constructive, and i'm appreciative for it. 

But i am not uncentered now, and what you did was neither just nor constructive, and i'm not sure why you did so?

Goodbye,
  Justin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.