Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Please ban Alan and 1796 from this forum (Read 7144 times)
recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Please ban Alan and 1796 from this forum
Apr 19th, 2016 at 12:36pm

Can Alan and 1796 please be banned from this forum. They repeatedly make rude and disrespectful comments towards others with all kinds of dishonest justifications. I don't see why such behavior should be tolerated. They take pleasure in speaking to others in a mean way.

IP Logged

Ambivalent
Ex Member

Re: Please ban Alan and 1796 from this forum
Reply #1 - Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:08pm

You hold "others" in front of you and call for a ban. Grow a pair.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:29pm

Ambivalent, considering some of your posts, I'm not surprised by your response. If you believe that rude, disrespectful, and ill meaning posts are okay, that is your shortcoming. Sometimes it seems as if Alan reads the posts of others just so he can put them down in some way.

Quote:
You hold "others" in front of you and call for a ban. Grow a pair.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #3 - Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:52pm

Albert,

There is a moderation section at the bottom of the webpage.  It works.  Submit the form.  The offending party will be notified by the moderator.  Any offensive posts are either put in an off topic area or removed (if purely offensive).  It is my understanding that the offending party is often given a warning about the behavior, which seems reasonable prior to banning.   

That being said, if a person repeatedly violates the guidelines of the forum, they can be banned.  In general, I think the moderator should always be used first, as it lets people calm down, and offensive posters understand that insults will no longer be tolerated. 

I think it best though that this not be posted in an open thread but done by the moderators directly in a private email.  This isn't a lynching. 

I used to be of the belief that people should just say what they please because any insults should not be taken seriously.  Now, over time, seeing the fear based and mean spirited talk that has taken over the forum, I have a new take on it.  While I truly feel sorry for the fear I sense in the posts of those who offend most often, I do realize that the posters get in the way of a friendly interesting discourse. 

Many previous posters have simply left the forum out of disgust.  Several PM me about it, and let me know that if I hear about another forum about spirituality they'd be interested in joining it, like "the old days" here. 

So go to the moderators, and hopefully they will reread the old posts and take the right action.

M

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #4 - Apr 19th, 2016 at 2:39pm

Doc:

I wasn't aware of the method you mentioned. Nevertheless, I chose this approach because I believe it is unacceptable for people to speak to others in a disrespectful way.

When we stand up for ourselves, I believe it is okay to do so publicly.

I have friends that I disagree with at times, but we never speak to each other in a disrespectful way.

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #5 - Apr 19th, 2016 at 2:54pm

Hi Albert,

Bruce doesn't always read forum threads and he's getting ready to hold a work shop in Colorado this weekend, so he may not see this thread.  However, he does read his email and that is the only way to reach him if you want him to pursue this.

Kathy

I should add that you will need to point out specific threads and/or posts to prove your point to him.  The link below goes directly to his email.

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #6 - Apr 19th, 2016 at 3:41pm

I tried to do so, but I no longer work where I used to work and therefore don't have outlook access there, and I do not want to download outlook to my computer for the sake of one email.

At least ways this thread shows that some people will speak up about the disrespectfull posts that exist.  I wonder how they appear to a visitor.

Lights of Love wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 2:54pm:
Hi Albert,

Bruce doesn't always read forum threads and he's getting ready to hold a work shop in Colorado this weekend, so he may not see this thread.  However, he does read his email and that is the only way to reach him if you want him to pursue this.

Kathy

I should add that you will need to point out specific threads and/or posts to prove your point to him.  The link below goes directly to his email.

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #7 - Apr 19th, 2016 at 4:07pm

You shouldn't need Outlook.  It's a form that you fill out and when you click "submit" the form will be sent to his email.

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #8 - Apr 19th, 2016 at 5:16pm

I tried and got a "The Website cannot display the page." HTTP 500 error. This doesn't mean my requests didn't work. I'll see.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #9 - Apr 19th, 2016 at 6:12pm

Alan,

If somebody entered your house and spoke disrespectfully to you and others, would you be okay with it, or would you ask that person to leave?

Why should somebody's disrespectful way be tolerated?

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #10 - Apr 20th, 2016 at 5:18am

recoverer wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 12:36pm:
Can Alan and 1796 please be banned from this forum. They repeatedly make rude and disrespectful comments towards others with all kinds of dishonest justifications. I don't see why such behavior should be tolerated. They take pleasure in speaking to others in a mean way.

Yes I did make rude comment, but only when someone wrote a lot of repetitive obscure stuff like Justin or if someone tried to convince me like Ralf did that aliens have arrived to interbreed with humanity by manipulating our genetic DNA

These supposed Aliens "Bule Avians, which I presume are intelligent birds from another star system light years from earth.,is a lot of lying rubbish.

If they can cross light years between stars systems, they would have to be a civilization thousands of years in advance of ours, and have absolutely no need to interact with us as a lesser species.

I believe that Ralf source, not Ralf, is a bold face liar, Ralf  is a victim of his lies his this person is lying through his teeth and I will not back up from that statement.

It is not Ralf that my harsh comments were aimed at it
was the outrageous liar that he was deceived by and I was trying to inform Ralf that it was just a lot of idiotic made up rubbish by a gifted liar and deceiver.

Simply put there are no Blue Avians walking among us manipulating our gene pools interacting with the internet or any other such garbage.

So kick me off for calling a liar a liar.

Or keep someone who actually keeps to the truth, can prove what he says and does has been a member for 14 years with over 2000 posts and numerous thread with thousands of views

Now do you believe what I say or are you going to swallow Ralfs sources, statements , that aliens are walking among us interbreeding?

Do you want to read posts that make sense and is both logical and easy to read?

If not  just say the word and I will really leave for good and remove all of my thousands of posts before I go because they belong to me? 

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Gman

Reply #11 - Apr 20th, 2016 at 12:00pm

Please ban recoverer for trying to eradicate free speech on this forum, and trying to turn it into a duo dictatorship for himself and that long-winded 'apostle of yeshua'. Thanks for reading this Bruce.   

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #12 - Apr 20th, 2016 at 12:14pm

Gman:

I believe you know better than that. I have no problem with people disagreeing with me. Heck, even within myself, I have some divergent viewpoints I need to iron out. Smiley

It is repeated disrespectful posts that seem out of place.

Gman wrote on Apr 20th, 2016 at 12:00pm:

Please ban recoverer for trying to eradicate free speech on this forum, and trying to turn it into a duo dictatorship for himself and that long-winded 'apostle of yeshua'. Thanks for reading this Bruce.   

IP Logged

sanatogen

Reply #13 - May 8th, 2016 at 4:53pm

It's a tricky one , and it's something that must happen everywhere else on the interweb.

I'd agree with the view that its not so much the content of what is being discussed. All ideas should be up for grabs even if some of us view these as ridiculous through our own prism of beliefs and truths.

As well as that, I'd say you have to be able to handle some criticism or at least some pointed questions on assumptions made in ones arguments being discussed. But that's as far as it should go, e.g. assassination of character a step too far.

At that point its just rubbing egos feathers, is it not?

IP Logged

Gman

Reply #14 - May 8th, 2016 at 8:01pm

recoverer wrote on Apr 20th, 2016 at 12:14pm:
Gman:

I believe you know better than that. I have no problem with people disagreeing with me. Heck, even within myself, I have some divergent viewpoints I need to iron out. Smiley

It is repeated disrespectful posts that seem out of place.

Gman wrote on Apr 20th, 2016 at 12:00pm:

Recoverer, your post reply is respectfully noted by me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.