Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13
Send Topic Print
Nanci Danison's NDE (Read 119613 times)
recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Nanci Danison's NDE
Reply #105 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 3:11pm

If such light beings truly loved us and therefore valued us, they wouldn't want to see our existence come to an end.

If at the core probes are source, why do they have to come to an end?

A while back I was getting ready for work one morning and I thought to myself that if I reach Christ Consciousness level I can "unite" (I think "unite" is a better choice of words that merge) with God without having to rejoin my disk.  I heard a male voice say "That's absolutely correct."

A key factor is, does a being have a sense of self and the will power that goes along with such a sense of self? Each being's sense of self and will is sacred.

Quote:
  Well said and outlined Kathy. 

Re: the last part, why wonder when you can ask those who have completed same? 

Some of us have asked those.  There is still some sense of individuality and self awareness, but at the same time full awareness of Oneness/connection with the Whole. 

Why would we have to completely lose our sense of individuality?

What i'm not sure of, and haven't yet asked about, is what happens to all the various selves within a particular Light Being, when the Light Being merges with Source.  Perhaps these selves reintegrate into the Light Being to the point wherein there is no more individuality of the various different selves, or "characters", and they become more like memories and perspective references within the larger Light Being?  Their job was to teach by experience the Light Being about itself and it's relations to others, and once that job is fully complete, maybe they aren't needed as individualized characters anymore? 

It's not like anything is lost, since they/us are just aspects of that Light Being to begin with. 

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #106 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 3:38pm

I don't know one way or the other Albert about us little probes/characters of our Disk/Light Being. 

But i definitely don't think the Light Being loses the sense of individuality no matter how much it consciously remerges or unites with Source and the Whole. 

But yes, i do think that we as an aspect, while the physical etc is going on, can re unite or merge with Source even if our entire Disk hasn't fully integrated itself. 

Maybe once a particular probe/aspect of a Disk awakens to Christ Consciousness within in connection with the physical, then that is a big step in the Disk's evolution as well?   

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #107 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 4:10pm

Thanks, Justin.  You're right, nothing is lost. 

To clarify my thoughts a little more:

Albert, we already are one and many right now, but we only know that because we are in a virtual reality and can perceive ourselves as being separate.  Even Light Beings are in virtual realities.  Once merged with Source, the illusion of separation would likely vanish.  I would think our knowledge or awareness of individualized consciousness would remain, but who knows?  We can only speculate.  I believe at one time TC commented that an IUOC could evolve as far as it chooses, even beyond what he calls AUM = Source.

It seems the only true illusion is the perception that we are separate from Source.  We as individualized consciousnesses are real just as Source is real. Consciousness is fundamental.  I think it is likely that all illusion of separateness vanishes once a Light Being merges with Source and then all the consciousness that made up the Light Being would no longer have the illusion of separation, but instead would be as I said before... simply be conscious of being Source as a sum total of its Beingness.  There would be no illusion of separation because we can only be aware of separation while in a virtual reality.

Consciousness is alive including our human/soul consciousness, so the life we're living right now will still exist in the historical database as part of our history, but the Light Being consciousness that we are continues its evolutionary growth in all the ways it chooses.  This life that we're living makes up a part of that Light Beings consciousness, so in that way we live on to progress further.

Does that make sense?

K

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #108 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 6:38pm

A sense of self and the concept of separation i think are two different ideas/concepts.

Most of the outer sources that i've come across that my intuition has told me was very expanded, more correct than not, and from the more universal and purely creative levels, all say the say thing about our destiny (my guidance has also confirmed this for me the following). 

That the gift from The Source, and the Co-Creator Consciousness (which Bruce labels the Planning Intelligence), is that of knowing self to be an individual, yet fully One with the Whole at the same time.

To understand the deep importance of this, you have to go back to the very beginnings of Consciousness. 

At one point, Consciousness was One Being or point of reference unto itself. 

It was very dissatisfied with this original state of being, and so it changed within itself.  That change was the creation of individualized, free willed parts of itself, yet while the original Consciousness or point of reference was also still there as an entity and level unto itself.  So, it both changed and yet remained the same.  There was no "physical" at this point.  Much, much earlier.

On a human like level, you could say that The Source or original Consciousness was intensely and indescribably lonely.  It ached for both companionship and to creatively express itself. 

Why, if original Consciousness, and The Source was dissatisfied with this state, would it want to go back to it? 

My very deep sense of this, is that it never wants to go back to being just one being alone unto itself--hence there will always exist the Whole and the Oneness, but also the many parts that make up the whole of same. 

As Albert has said, this is not something you can figure out with our intellect, but something you have to feel. 

Sometimes what happens when people experience the Oneness and The Whole, it's so different and foreign to their conscious minds because all their life they have attuned to a very separative consciousness, that when they come across the other side of the truth, they extrapolate that it's the whole truth. 

Also because awareness of Oneness and connection feels so good.  Love feels good, but there is no Love and sharing of same without the reality and existence of the many, of the parts, of individuals in some form or manner. 

It's interesting to note again about the Yin-Yang aspects of Consciousness.

Yin relates to Oneness.  Yang relates to Individuality. They are both equally and simultaneously important and real and true. 

It is limiting to put one above the other.  Sometimes here, because there is a very strong separative collective consciousness, it is helpful to temporarily stress Oneness, but it can be taken too far, even here, and again oft times it relates to our own inner imbalance of the Yin Yang within. 

Those overly Yin attuned, or temporarily in a strong Yin phase, will overdo, over stress the Oneness side of reality, and vice versa with the Yang people will over stress and over do the Individuality side of reality and truth. 

(and again, inner Yin and Yang attunement is not always directly related to the gender of one's body.  Some men are more Yin imbalanced and some women are Yang imbalanced.  What's rare is for individuals of either sex to have a more consistent balance and integration of both.  It's a hallmark or indication of a very mature consciousness and there just aren't that many very mature consciousnesses in the Earth).

At one point, i went through a very strong Yin phase.  It's interesting to note that the Planet Neptune was extremely highlighted in my transit astro chart at the time (transiting Neptune was conjuncting my Sun, which is also the ruler of my chart).  During this cycle, i thought a lot about Oneness.  I started to read some sources which said that the ultimate goal was to lose a sense of self and become the Oneness.  That any and all sense of self was an "illusion". 

I bought into this for a little while when i was in this very strong Yin phase.  Thankfully, i remained open enough to inner guidance and was shown that i was missing the mark some, and that a sense of self and individuality was an eternal process.  Will our sense of self and individuality be as strong and as distinct later, as it is when we are human, no course not, but it will still basically be there. 

Later, i had sort of a ROTE download that has many similarities to Bruce's exploration of the Planning Intelligence and what he perceived about the beginning.  When i first read Bruce's Voyage to Curiousity's Father, i was a bit blown away because the amount of similarity.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #109 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 6:58pm

Kathy:

If Source had the ability to create the incredibly complex virtual reality it created, then there must've been more to Source than just pure consciousness when it decided to start creating.

Source was able to create as it did not only because it has the ability to be aware, but because it also had the ability to remember, think and learn from how it made use of its creative ability that comes from no other place but its self, just as its awareness comes from itself.

To say that Source's ability to learn and create isn't real is the same as saying that its ability to be aware and experience love isn't real.

Speaking of virtual reality might be useful in that it might help a person get away from thinking in rigid physical terms, but when it comes down to it there isn't a such thing as real or not real. That which is just simply exists. Reality is beyond being either physical or non-physical--a way of thinking that is the result of some people believing that there is only that which is physical. I wonder how people thought of this World before physical science was created.

Some people say it is wrong to speak of God (Source) as a being who sentences many of his children to a firey hell for all of eternity.

Perhaps it is wrong to speak of God as a being who creates many Souls that he will eventually disolve out of existence. A being of love and wisdom wouldn't do either of the above.

Our uniqueness doesn't have to reach the point where it only "sort of exists" in order for it to be a part of the Oneness/God/Source.  Rather, it is a matter of uniqueness and Oneness not being in conflict with each other. Consider how the light in a room and that which is seen can exist at the same time.

We don't have to forget about that which is wonderful, useful and truth-based in order for the more formless parts of ourselves to exist.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #110 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 8:21pm

Apparently, Justin (a channel) and I wrote our last posts at about the same time.

Justin said: "On a human like level, you could say that The Source or original Consciousness was intensely and indescribably lonely.  It ached for both companionship and to creatively express itself. 

Why, if original Consciousness, and The Source was dissatisfied with this state, would it want to go back to it? 

My very deep sense of this, is that it never wants to go back to being just one being alone unto itself--hence there will always exist the Whole and the Oneness, but also the many parts that make up the whole of same."

I came to basically the same conclusiong a while back. About a month or two ago I tried reading CWG again and when it spoke about why God created us, it didn't speak about the loneliness factor. I thought and felt that it was a factor and I don't remember how precisely, but it seemed that I received a confirmation from my spirit guidance that the the loneliness factor is true.

I stopped reading CWG after reading the part where  God supposedly says that there is no such thing as coincidences, accidents and mistakes. Everyting is planned. I do believe that synchronicities exist and some things are planned, but this doesn't mean there is no such thing as coincidences, accidents and mistakes.

Why can't coincidences, accidents and mistakes be a part of this universe?

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #111 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 11:05pm

Albert,

My understanding of things is that we don't lose our individuality.  Upon death, the ego drops away - which was a false construct that we created which supported us in the physical world.  What is left is our light-being self, which is our true self.  This light-being is part of Source/God and yet unique in and of itself. 

The ego and the practical mindset in most of us, set us apart from the light-being self (due to Maya or illusion), and are the biggest hindrance to enlightenment while we are in a physical body.  Part of me, Matthew or you, Albert fears a loss of identity associated with the light-being state.  This is simply our egos, struggling to say "wait, no I'm the real Albert/Matthew" - which they have been doing our entire lives. 

According to Nanci Danison and others, the light-being us is the "real" person.  And when we willingly let go of our earthly egos (our outer armor), we understand who we always have been.  Some of our light-being selves feel shame at that point, looking at their life review and seeing how the earthly ego polarized their thinking and led them away from Source and acting in a loving way. 

Albert, I find nothing written or discussed to suggest that being our light-being self would lose its identity with or without merging with Source.  But the need for the illusion of separation will determine if we merge spiritually with other light-beings and Source, or if he try to continue to express ourselves in an earth-life system where we are cut off from Source.

Kathy,

I understand your take on reincarnation, but I think of it all is a grand illusion.  Separation, a feeling caused by the development of ego and the triumph of the thinking mind over the Now or "Being" (as Tolle wrote) causes most of the drama, pain and suffering in the Earth-Life system. 

When we meditate, and live in the Now, and connect with Source -even for a moment - we find a calmness, which dissolves the ego (even while we are still alive).  The light-being Kathy is your true self.  The ego outer layer Kathy is tied to your sense of survival, but is destined to fade away.  Most past lives relate to the historical egos tied to the personality of the light-being.  So in that sense, I don't believe in exploring past lives since they are ego matter that matters not.  Jeez, I hope that made sense. 

I will be the first to admit that I have an intellectual bias against reincarnation.  That being said, I do try to be open minded about the possibilities.  The Tibetan Book of the Dead teaches that shortly after death, very early on we are given a one on one with "the light" of God.  If we are free of ego, and in a light-being stage, we go into the light.  If we are still attached to our outer earthly egos, we turn away from the bliss of the light, and begin and inevitable spiral which ends in unconsciousness and rebirth on earth.  This to me sounds frightening.  The idea of following ego and being tied to the wheel of karma is not the fate any being aware of God would seemingly want. 

So, maybe we all have had thousands of incarnations like Nanci, but I would hope that there is more choice in the matter.  On the one hand, people like Newton and others believe we choose earth lives with a council of elders.  On the other hand, the Tibetan Book of the Dead and some buddhists believe that if we don't shed the ego self, we are bound to reincarnate unconsciously until we do. 

M

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #112 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 11:07pm

Albert,

My understanding of things is that we don't lose our individuality.  Upon death, the ego drops away - which was a false construct that we created which supported us in the physical world.  What is left is our light-being self, which is our true self.  This light-being is part of Source/God and yet unique in and of itself. 

The ego and the practical mindset in most of us, set us apart from the light-being self (due to Maya or illusion), and are the biggest hindrance to enlightenment while we are in a physical body.  Part of me, Matthew or you, Albert fears a loss of identity associated with the light-being state.  This is simply our egos, struggling to say "wait, no I'm the real Albert/Matthew" - which they have been doing our entire lives. 

According to Nanci Danison and others, the light-being us is the "real" person.  And when we willingly let go of our earthly egos (our outer armor), we understand who we always have been.  Some of our light-being selves feel shame at that point, looking at their life review and seeing how the earthly ego polarized their thinking and led them away from Source and acting in a loving way. 

Albert, I find nothing written or discussed to suggest that being our light-being self would lose its identity with or without merging with Source.  But the need for the illusion of separation will determine if we merge spiritually with other light-beings and Source, or if we try to continue to express ourselves in an earth-life system where we are cut off from Source.

Kathy,

I understand your take on reincarnation, but I think of it all is a grand illusion.  Separation, a feeling caused by the development of ego and the triumph of the thinking mind over the Now or "Being" (as Tolle wrote) causes most of the drama, pain and suffering in the Earth-Life system. 

When we meditate, and live in the Now, and connect with Source -even for a moment - we find a calmness, which dissolves the ego (even while we are still alive).  The light-being Kathy is your true self.  The ego outer layer Kathy is tied to your sense of survival, but is destined to fade away.  Most past lives relate to the historical egos tied to the personality of the light-being.  So in that sense, I don't believe in exploring past lives since they are ego matter that matters not.  Jeez, I hope that made sense. 

I will be the first to admit that I have an intellectual bias against reincarnation.  That being said, I do try to be open minded about the possibilities.  The Tibetan Book of the Dead teaches that shortly after death, very early on we are given a one on one with "the light" of God.  If we are free of ego, and in a light-being stage, we go into the light.  If we are still attached to our outer earthly egos, we turn away from the bliss of the light, and begin and inevitable spiral which ends in unconsciousness and rebirth on earth.  This to me sounds frightening.  The idea of following ego and being tied to the wheel of karma is not the fate any being aware of God would seemingly want. 

So, maybe we all have had thousands of incarnations like Nanci, but I would hope that there is more choice in the matter.  On the one hand, people like Newton and others believe we choose earth lives with a council of elders.  On the other hand, the Tibetan Book of the Dead and some buddhists believe that if we don't shed the ego self, we are bound to reincarnate unconsciously until we do. 

M

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #113 - Feb 24th, 2014 at 3:06am

There seem to be different reasons for incarnating here, and it's relative to some extent to the individual and groups being considered. 

For some, the original reason seems to be they got stuck within and that collective stuckness manifested this temporary reality.  Some got addicted to these in physical lives as they are very different in lots of ways from more pure consciousness.  It's like, why do people get addicted to alcohol or drugs, or other limiting, looping behaviors?  Is sickness and addiction fully logical?

For some, they only got involved in incarnating here for retrieval purposes.  But some got a bit stuck themselves once immersed in the process. 

Not all have had thousands of projected aspects of the larger Light Being become involved with this dimension.  Some have had very few lives here relatively speaking.  There are many who haven't been directly involved.

Despite what some sources say, i don't always think conscious choice is a part of it.  Some sources like Rosalind McKnight's work with Bob Monroe and her guidance, state that sometimes with immature Souls, that they are sent back under direction of guidance beings, because they are like little children who cannot fully decide for themselves.  Since they have karma to work out, these expanded, wise, aware beings figure out and choose the best opportunities for them to do so. 

Some might say this is a violation of freewill.  However, it could be that these wise beings are more communicating with the expanded self level/Light being level of these Souls and that level does agree to it, while maybe the "probes" or individuals "souls" do not consciously speaking. 

The more we grow, the more choice and say we as probes/souls have in the matter, but we still often defer to these very aware beings and guidance levels.

IP Logged

BobMoenroe
Ex Member

Reply #114 - Feb 24th, 2014 at 11:35am

Just finished Bruce's third book. I noted him writing about taking off the sexual glasses, about preconceived notions and melding with females. Wink Also read about encounters with Bob Monroe.

http://goo.gl/iDsw5g - there's an interesting part at the end of this clip, saying what he (the totality) wanted to do at some point was to "not prostrate ourselves at the foot" of our maker. What a beautiful designer he is. She. He/she. One of seemingly endless options, You can be a maker yourself if You want to, what You learn here are the basic tools.

That would amount to a lot of makers and a lot of worshipping by the ones who choose to go into these games? I get Monroe's part about not prostrating. Also, no rush to merge with source/allness/everything?

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #115 - Feb 24th, 2014 at 11:48am

Hi Matthew,

Yes, I agree.  It is all virtual, or as you say, a grand illusion. 

I think we are actually saying the same thing, but using different words.  Reincarnation is a confusing label in my opinion.  It may be possible for it to occur as I described, but I wouldn't call it reincarnation.  More like a Light Being for the purpose of evolving can choose from any numerous virtual realities to further its evolution.  And if the individualized consciousness of Kathy or Matthew accomplishes positive evolution, it may be possible for those "combinations of consciousness" to be chosen to continue evolving in the ELS, not because of any "wheel of karma" but because they're beneficial to the LB soul's evolution. 

However, I don't see this as reincarnation, but as a new incarnation.  A LB likely would not choose a "consciousness combination" of a Hitler for example, to be used again because that combination likely would not be beneficial to its evolution.  Really we can only speculate about how this could work.  What is most important is that we live, experience, learn, expand our understanding, become fearless, evolve... and all the mechanisms/tools we need to do so successfully are built in to us.

Once we transition to a certain stage, we are, as Nanci indicated, free of human visceral fear, but since all LB souls are evolving, each will likely be at different stages of evolution, so they may have more disorganization within their consciousness if they're just starting to evolve. Disorganization within consciousness expresses itself as fear in a physical time/space reality such as ours.  So the main objective of experiencing any fear-based virtual reality is to better organize consciousness by learning to be fearless.

I haven't read Tolle's "Power of Now" but several years ago I read, "A New Earth" which as I recall he talks about ego as the identification with form that gives a sense of self, but when we, for whatever reason, no longer identify with form we realize our true identity as consciousness itself.  And of course, everything else is virtual or grand illusion.  Still it is all needed and has great purpose or it wouldn't exist.

K

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #116 - Feb 24th, 2014 at 12:51pm

Justin,

I do agree with your take on things, but isn't it frustrating not to know........(vis-a-vis) reincarnation and planning.

Kathy,

The problem I am having now, is going over Tolle's book, and other takes on consciousness such as buddhism or zen, there are some out there who don't believe there is a grand plan or meaning - only love.  They see the human mind and ego together as a monstrosity which deceives us from our true nature - that of Source.  Their take on our true nature is antithetical to the current common civilization.  This is what is troubling me of late.  But perhaps such troubles are the only way I can break through or understand?

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #117 - Feb 24th, 2014 at 1:58pm

Matthew,

My understanding is that Buddhism, Taoism, etc. speaks to how to alleviate suffering.  Tolle in "A New Earth" indicates that if we are not in a state of acceptance, joy or enthusiasm, then we are creating suffering for ourselves and others.  On the surface, being in a state of acceptance looks like a passive state, however, it is not.  Being in a state of acceptance is actually active and creative because it allows for something more, the subtle energy of peace or what is "consciousness" to enter in.  He says, what really matters is our state of consciousness. 

Tolle quotes that I'd written down:  "The more reactive you are, the more entangled you become with form.  The more identified with form, the stronger the ego.  Your Being then does not shine through form anymore, or only barely."

"Nonresistance is the key to the greatest power in the universe.  Through it, consciousness is freed from its imprisonment in form.  Inner nonresistance to form, whatever is or happens, is a denial of the absolute reality of form.  Resistance makes the world and the things of the world appear more real, more solid, and more lasting than they are, including your own form identity, the ego.  It endows the world and the ego with a heaviness and an absolute importance that makes you take yourself and the world very seriously.  The play of form is then misperceived as a struggle for survival, and when that is your perception, it becomes your reality."

"Thought can at best point to the truth, but it never is the truth.  The Truth is inseparable from who you are.  You are the Truth.  If you look elsewhere, you will be deceived every time.  The very Being that you are is Truth.  When Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life." he speaks of the innermost I Am, the essence identity of every man and woman, every life-form.  He speaks of the life that you are.  Some have called it the Christ within; Buddhists call it your Buddha nature; for Hindus, it is Atman, the indwelling God.  When you are in touch with that dimension within yourself, and being in touch with it is your natural state, not some miraculous achievement, all your actions and relationships will reflect the oneness with all life that you sense deep within.  This is love."

I'm not sure if this speaks to what you're questioning or not, but my understanding is that these groups speak to alleviating suffering by allowing the connection we have with our inner God essence or consciousness to flow through us.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #118 - Feb 24th, 2014 at 2:11pm

Doc said: "Albert, I find nothing written or discussed to suggest that being our light-being self would lose its identity with or without merging with Source.  But the need for the illusion of separation will determine if we merge spiritually with other light-beings and Source, or if we try to continue to express ourselves in an earth-life system where we are cut off from Source."

Recoverer responds: "By "nothing written or discussed" I don't know if you mean this thread, Nanci Danison, or sources as a whole.

Whatever the case, there are sources that speak as if Souls aren't eternal and are nothing more than illusions (e.g., a bunch of non-dual gurus and some Buddhists).

As you know I have an internet site and I wrote a couple of books.  Some people have emailed me saying that they were enjoying their spirituality until they came accross teachings that say there is no such thing as an eternal self. This freaked them out and they went from being happy about their spirituality to being depressed. Then somehow they found my site and became very relieved to find what I have to say about the supposed no eternal self business.

I wrote the above in order to point out that this no-self business is a problem that has been created by gurus and such who claim to be more enlightened than they are.

An example, I believe it is possible that Eckart Tolle had the key spiritual experience he said he had, and he has some good things to say, but he certainly isn't an infallible master.

I read the Power of Now for a while, but it didn't take me long to see that some of Eckart's viewpoints aren't balanced. For example, he makes the mind too much of an enemy. I know of people who don't take responsibility for their mind. Instead they use one part of their mind to assert, "I am not my mind so I don't have to worry about what it does." Eckhart's teachings can lead people to this way of thinking. In fact there are Rick Ross forum conversations where people speak of how they used to make such a mistake after being exposed to Eckhart's teachings.

Albert

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #119 - Feb 24th, 2014 at 3:18pm

Albert,

That is the core problem that unsettled me on me read of Tolle.  That both ego and mind/thinking are the enemy in modern society.  Being or presence if the goal for him, not active thought (unless I am misreading him).  Mind is a tool for the ego, and both are said to dissolve in the light of presence or just "being."  I found myself wanting to get more in tune with being and presence, but unsettled by his theory of mind being a "monstrosity" to human beings, and an enemy to spirituality or unity with Source.  But hey, he would just say that is my ego rebelling against its unreality, right?

M

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.