Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
Send Topic Print
Nanci Danison's NDE (Read 119488 times)
a channel
Ex Member

Re: Nanci Danison's NDE
Reply #135 - Feb 25th, 2014 at 1:00pm

I haven't read any of Tolle's books--had no attraction to them whatsoever. 

But from what people are describing here, it sounds more like a rehashing of certain Eastern belief systems rather than ACIM.  These are much older than ACIM. 

It's no secret that Tolle is and has long been into the Eastern scene. There's some truth to these belief systems but it's not the whole truth.

This is what we humans really need to get.  There is no getting the whole truth in perception and understanding, until you as an individual start to more perfectly and consistently live same (until your inner frequencies more perfectly match that of PUL's, which is the fastest/most expanded frequency).

One leads to the other. Until then, we are just the partially sighted or partially blind leading same.  This includes the huge majority of teachers, teachings, belief systems, channeled material, etc, etc. 

Some rare ones, like ACIM, is actually designed to program ego and polarization into ones deeper psyche.  It's simple and ingenious how it does it.  The subconscious mind does not hear or recognize "not's, won'ts" or any other negatives.  If you give a suggestion to the subconscious mind that is worded, "you are not afraid of water"  what you are actually saying and programming into same is, "you are afraid of water"--the not or negative gets left out, see?   This is well known in hypnosis, psychology, etc. 

How it relates to ACIM.  The latter is written in an extremely repetitive  and long manner (which bores the conscious mind, allowing the subconscious mind to come more to the fore), constantly saying the same things over and over again in slightly different ways.  It talks so much about ego/separation, etc and polarization of ego with Spirit, Love, Oneness, etc, that it actually programs what we don't want (ego, separation, imbalance/polarization).

Like i said, simple but ingenious, and very much done on purpose and i noticed it having this effect on me when i was reading it.  Whether this was purely an MK Ultra effort or unfriendly non human entities, or a combo, i do not know.  But that there are forces out there that seek to undermine and keep humans limited, well that's something guidance has shown me a number of times both human and non human forces.   

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #136 - Feb 25th, 2014 at 1:24pm

Very interesting, Justin.  I haven't read ACIM, but if I did, I would be on the alert for that programming quality.

Thanks

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #137 - Feb 25th, 2014 at 1:40pm

Justin-

You hinted at the reason I came to not only disregard ACIM but to actually viewing it as coming from (as you put it) an unfriendly source.  The author claims to be Jesus, but certainly not the Jesus of the Bible. 

ACIM wants to transmit the message (actually pound it into us) that no matter how bad we think our or others actions are, it doesn't matter.  It's all an illusion and those acts never took place.  Certainly not the teaching of Jesus.

I have to say that in my opinion, this book, although clearly channeled, did not come from a benevolent source.  So much of it is written in such a high-sounding, profound manner that it's easy for the uninitiated to mistake it for a divine source.

I don't use the word evil lightly, but I think it  applies to this work.

R

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #138 - Feb 25th, 2014 at 1:56pm

Like ACIM, Tolle also overdoes the ego is an enemy concept.

On the one hand our body has our self-defense instinct (as Nanci Dannison states). This might be related to ego.

Beyond this, I believe it is okay for our Souls to have self-concern even when we aren’t using a body. After all, our welfare is always something we need to look after. If our Souls didn’t have self-concern we wouldn’t do what we need to do in order to evolve to the most wonderful and fulfilling state of being that is possible.

Having self-concern isn’t the same thing as being selfish. If we can care for others, then certainly we can care for ourselves.

There is nothing wrong with having self-love and being proud of ourselves as long as we do so in a balanced and wise way.

Our sense-of-self and mind are problems only when we have underlying thought patterns that prevent us from having a sense-of-self and mind that manifest in a preferable way. The more one deals with these problematic thought patterns the more one will find that having a mind and sense-of-self isn’t a problem. If a person uses one  part of his (or her) mind to develop a sense of being separate from his mind and sense-of-self, he is less likely to deal with the underlying thought patterns that need to be dealt with. If one takes such an approach, one might develop a dissociative disorder.

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #139 - Feb 25th, 2014 at 2:12pm

Albert, did you ever read Rosalind McKnight's second book, "Soul Journey's"? 

The main helper talking to her in in that book, said some interesting things about the ego and that it wasn't all bad. 

I don't remember the exact words, but she made it sound like the ego partially played a beneficial protective role while we are incarnated physically. 

This is my analogy.  We can think of the physical and of humanities collective energies as very loud, discordant noise.  Noise so loud and discordant that it can be painful to hear if we have full, acute hearing. 

That part of us called the ego, might be a filter that allows us to not hear all this all at once, tones it down.  If we had full openness without the necessary wisdom and attunement to PUL, it might be rather painful and distracting to be so open. 

Sometimes people prematurely open themselves up via drugs, kundalini exercises, etc.   Sometimes this causes a lot of problems for people and they experience a schism of the psyche.  Some people end up going to mental institutions from this. 

Perhaps the part of us that is labelled ego, helps to ground and shield us until we are strong enough to naturally open ourselves up in more full awareness? 

If the above is the case, then "ego" is not all bad or undesirable, and plays it's necessary part.  Hence, it might be helpful if spiritual sources stop demonizing same in an extreme manner.  The point is to not let ourselves be overly limited by same.  It's about aligning the ego and intellect parts of us with PUL, rather than getting getting rid of the ego and intellect parts.

The more we attune to PUL, the more these naturally will subside or work in more constructive ways. 

So, instead of "seeing it not there." it's more a matter of, "seeing what we want, what is helpful and constructive there."  A subtle, but very important distinction i think.

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #140 - Feb 25th, 2014 at 2:22pm

rondele wrote on Feb 25th, 2014 at 1:40pm:
Justin-

You hinted at the reason I came to not only disregard ACIM but to actually viewing it as coming from (as you put it) an unfriendly source.  The author claims to be Jesus, but certainly not the Jesus of the Bible. 

ACIM wants to transmit the message (actually pound it into us) that no matter how bad we think our or others actions are, it doesn't matter.  It's all an illusion and those acts never took place.  Certainly not the teaching of Jesus.

I have to say that in my opinion, this book, although clearly channeled, did not come from a benevolent source.  So much of it is written in such a high-sounding, profound manner that it's easy for the uninitiated to mistake it for a divine source.

R

Hi Rondele and Matthew,

RE: ACIM, while i would agree with the above, i've started to consider that maybe it is best to not emphasize this work whatsoever, because as they say, "bad press is better than no press." and it seems a lot of people are attracted to drama.  If you looked at some of the more argumentative threads on this or any site, that tracks reader hits, you will note, it's usually these that have the highest numbers of being read.  We humans love drama!

Also, i've noticed that a lot of people still have what i call the inner teenager within them, that part that is rebellious and contradictory especially in relation to anything smacking of "authority" and will do something just because you said not to do it.  Hence, if people speak about ACIM and it's limiting side, other people may read it just because of that. 

So, maybe it's better to just not bring it up to begin with? 

Silence is often golden. 

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #141 - Feb 25th, 2014 at 2:22pm

Justin:

I haven't read Soul Journeys recently so I don't have a strong memory of the part you are referring to.

Whatever the case, it makes sense what you just said.

IP Logged

BobMoenroe
Ex Member

Reply #142 - Feb 25th, 2014 at 2:58pm

Quote:
Also, i've noticed that a lot of people still have what i call the inner teenager within them, that part that is rebellious and contradictory especially in relation to anything smacking of "authority" and will do something just because you said not to do it.  Hence, if people speak about ACIM and it's limiting side, other people may read it just because of that.

Justin, what's better to do than reading this book, or other books? Exploring the mysteries directly without a go-between. Here's a simple tip from someone wearing the teenager on the outside: http://goo.gl/Pv2GJw

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #143 - Feb 25th, 2014 at 3:04pm

I agree Bob.  But since it tends to be difficult to keep up a stronger, more conscious awareness and attunement to the expanded, sometimes our guidance will direct us to outer sources.  Sometimes un or non-guidance will try to direct us to outer sources too though. 

But yes, generally speaking, it's better to go within and explore for self. 

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #144 - Feb 25th, 2014 at 4:16pm

I considered writing an article that speaks about the cons of ACIM and posting it on my site, but then I figured I might just end up advertising it.

Quote:
rondele wrote on Feb 25th, 2014 at 1:40pm:
Justin-

R

Hi Rondele and Matthew,

RE: ACIM, while i would agree with the above, i've started to consider that maybe it is best to not emphasize this work whatsoever, because as they say, "bad press is better than no press." and it seems a lot of people are attracted to drama.  If you looked at some of the more argumentative threads on this or any site, that tracks reader hits, you will note, it's usually these that have the highest numbers of being read.  We humans love drama!

So, maybe it's better to just not bring it up to begin with? 

Silence is often golden. 

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #145 - Feb 25th, 2014 at 6:54pm

A number of posts on this thread have talked about reincarnation.Here is an interesting link to Jim Tucker's work which has picked up Ian Stevenson's baton and accumulated over 2500 cases, including many North American ones. Interestingly he says ' we know that in 70% of the cases the previous person died by unnatural means, meaning murder, suicide, or accident' and 'he average interval between the death of the previous person and the birth of the child is only 4-and-a-half years '.

http://www.skeptiko.com/239-dr-jim-tucker-database-of-past-life-memories/

IP Logged

Bardo

Reply #146 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 3:58pm

The more I hear of books about our spiritual development, the less I want to read them! There are obvious exceptions, but the solitary contemplattion of my spirit and its growth seems the only sure way to avoid chicanery.

IP Logged

carl

Reply #147 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 12:38am

heisenberg69 wrote on Feb 25th, 2014 at 6:54pm:
A number of posts on this thread have talked about reincarnation.Here is an interesting link to Jim Tucker's work which has picked up Ian Stevenson's baton and accumulated over 2500 cases, including many North American ones. Interestingly he says ' we know that in 70% of the cases the previous person died by unnatural means, meaning murder, suicide, or accident' and 'he average interval between the death of the previous person and the birth of the child is only 4-and-a-half years '.

Read your post and link to www.skeptiko.com. To keep this on topic, here's a link to the said website-forum about Nanci Danison. Love and Blessings in Christ  Carl    http://www.skeptiko.com/forum/threads/political-skeptics-whats-their-motivation....

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #148 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 3:20am

Bardo wrote on Feb 26th, 2014 at 3:58pm:
The more I hear of books about our spiritual development, the less I want to read them! There are obvious exceptions, but the solitary contemplattion of my spirit and its growth seems the only sure way to avoid chicanery.

The above is the most pragmatic and more sure fire way, as long as the right intents, focuses, livingness, and openness is there. 

But, repeating myself, inner guidance does make use of outer sources at times.   But, i suspect they hope that we will turn more and more inward and directly, both via meditation-prayer and through living a life that is creative-constructive in essence. 

I tend to mention various outer sources consistently, because i realize that most people here really don't care too much what Justin or his guidance says.  Nope, people tend to listen only to big names, authors, people with dramatic experiences, etc, etc which is why i do a lot of synthesis of various different respected sources here. 

I think also, once we get good at opening up to the creative-constructive within, it becomes important to go out into the world and share that energetic connection.  Such as meditating with a group.  If one gets good at getting self out of the way and allowing self to be filled up with Love, it can help to speed up/expand the vibratory fields of others as well. 

(i was speaking to the usage of the term solitary). 

Also, i wouldn't put Nanci in the category of chicanery.  Just a receiver--transmitter whom like the huge majority has some consistent static to some degree.  Hence, much is accurate and helpful, but some isn't. 

Even with unusually and really clear and mature channels, there is some minor distortion which tends to happen.   When does this end.  When we fully become like a "He/She" in the flesh. 

On a personal note.  Hi Bardo, good to see you around.  Been wondering some where you've been.

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #149 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 4:55am

carl wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 12:38am:
heisenberg69 wrote on Feb 25th, 2014 at 6:54pm:

Read your post and link to www.skeptiko.com. To keep this on topic, here's a link to the said website-forum about Nanci Danison. Love and Blessings in Christ  Carl    http://www.skeptiko.com/forum/threads/political-skeptics-whats-their-motivation....

Hi Carl,
thanks for the link, I hav'nt come across that forum before. I'm impressed with the quality of debating/dialoguing going on there- with disagreements not being taken personally.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.