Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What if mediumship is fraud? (Read 14540 times)
heisenberg69

England
Re: What if mediumship is fraud?
Reply #15 - Jul 27th, 2013 at 3:03am

Thanks for the links (very interesting) and good luck with the move- although I will say that for balance we should read the cases for both the prosecution and the defence ( e.g. Tymn's Resurrecting Leonora Piper) !

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #16 - Jul 27th, 2013 at 1:26pm

Because I communicate with spirits I believe it is possible for other people to do so.

I believe there are some mediums that "are not" frauds.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #17 - Jul 27th, 2013 at 11:20pm

Darryl,

Back in the day when the spiritualist movement was popular, of course there were frauds taking advantage of it.  You can liken it to what happens in this day and age of the Internet.  You know what they say, just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true.  But that doesn't mean that everything on the Internet is fake.

The debate you bring up isn't new, it's been done here many times over. 

My two cents on the subject is that it doesn't really matter how the message gets delivered.  What matters is how is how it's received.  Do you get my meaning?  Whether you communicate through ESP, channeling, dreams, or various other psychic abilities, it doesn't matter what the means of communication is.  The means is not where the proof of anything lies. 

We as spirit beings living in human bodies in this physical reality have many means and opportunities for discovering, exploring, and communicating with what lies beyond the physical.  Some of us are just more aware and accepting of it than others.  It's up to the individual to challenge himself and his beliefs, therefore it doesn't matter who is a fraud or who is the real deal.  Everyone needs to do their own footwork in order to really move their own conscious awareness.  That goes for the this life as well as beyond. 

Long story short, the debate is old.  Why bother with what people were fraudulent about a hundred years ago, or even yesterday?  Why worry about what other people are doing at all?  What other's are about is like stuff....If it's not useful to you, throw it out. 

Do your own thing!  Discover your own consciousness awareness and abilities.  It's a much better use of your time and energy, trust me.

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #18 - Jul 28th, 2013 at 7:43am

The mistake I think many sceptics make is that they believe that unless communication operates like a clear telephone line then it must be false and the medium a fake. But there is no reason to believe that the process is easy or doesn't require a lot of refinement/development. In the past would-be spirit communicators have apparently expressed their frustration at getting a message through an obtuse medium (trying to put symbolic messages into a language they understand).The key question : is the medium significantly better than chance says they should be ...

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #19 - Jul 28th, 2013 at 8:23am

Vicky says: “Do your own thing!  Discover your own consciousness awareness and abilities.  It's a much better use of your time and energy, trust me.”

DF didn’t make much of the fact that a medium is  getting information for other people. Usually that means money is involved. And that makes afterlife contact a product that must be delivered. For most of us any AL contact is so sensitive that any such physical world distraction can interrupt or blur our connection to the AL.

Making AL contacts for other people means you have a part of your consciousness focussed on them and only a part is free to go into the AL. With such distraction it’s amazing that any connection can be made with the AL.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #20 - Jul 28th, 2013 at 9:09am

Mediumship, or the ability to communicate with the deceased, doesn't only have to be done in the old classic style you see dramatized in movies.  The ability to communicate with the deceased really isn't that hard.  The hardest part is realizing how easy it is to shift your consciousness to tune into the awareness of receiving.  The next hardest part would be in not misinterpreting what actually was received.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.