Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
When do we forget the afterlife? (Read 2913 times)
Howarde1385

ALK Member

When do we forget the afterlife?
Jul 1st, 2013 at 4:54pm

Hello, my name is Emily and I am new to this site!  I recently discovered that I am pregnant and have found myself wondering all sorts of things.  For example, at what point in our earthly existence do we forget about the afterlife we came from? Do newborns and infants have memories of where they were before they were born? I have read that while we are in the womb, we often come and go as we please during the first and second trimesters, so when is it that we forget?  I hope this makes sense! And thank you to anyone with an answer!

**I realize that some never forget while others remember later in life.  I personally have no conscious memory however I believe it will come back when I return...

IP Logged

isee
Ex Member

Re: When do we forget the afterlife?
Reply #1 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 7:15pm

Hi Emily, and congratulations on your happy news! I don't know the answers to your questions from a personal standpoint because I have limited memories of my childhood, but I have read of others who remember all sorts of things from their previous lives and/or what might be called "Home" at a very very young age. It seems to me to be a fine idea to be open to your future child's memories so that your child will feel free to express those to you and others, if that does happen. Perhaps there are others here who have more knowledge on this subject. What an exciting time for you.

IP Logged

Howarde1385

ALK Member

Reply #2 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 7:52pm

Thank you !  This will be my 3rd baby and I feel that I must have own he/she was coming because I have been feeling as though someone is missing for the past 6 months or so... I have asked my older child who is 6 if she remembers where she was before she was with me - she says she doesn't remember. My two year old is too young to understand what I'm asking so, I don't really push the subject Wink. Thanks for your response!!

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 11th, 2013 at 1:25am

Howarde1385 wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 4:54pm:
Hello, my name is Emily and I am new to this site!  I recently discovered that I am pregnant and have found myself wondering all sorts of things.  For example, at what point in our earthly existence do we forget about the afterlife we came from? Do newborns and infants have memories of where they were before they were born? I have read that while we are in the womb, we often come and go as we please during the first and second trimesters, so when is it that we forget?  I hope this makes sense! And thank you to anyone with an answer!

**I realize that some never forget while others remember later in life.  I personally have no conscious memory however I believe it will come back when I return...

Hi Emily, nice to meet you and your little ones.  Interesting question(s)--i have wondered too.  I suspect many children before a certain age, remember some of the afterlife and also other in-physical lives that they or their "Disk" had (Bruce Moen's term for the larger Consciousness/Light Being that our personalities are part of).

I suspect also that it's probably different for different individuals. 

I suspect my future daughter will come in with much of her memory in-tack and lasting into her adult years. 

My little brother around the time that he was 3 or 4, use to tell our Mom about his other Mom that he had had, and how he had to hunt and trap rabbits for them because they were poor and hungry a lot. He also talked about how later on he robbed a man and the man shot him and he died. There didn't seem to be a direct, physical reason or cause of why he talked about this odd bit of info.  It didn't last particularly long though.  Thankfully our Mom was an open minded person and didn't just tell him it was nonsense.  She was open minded partly because she was rather psychic and by the time she had had us, she had had a number of "non physical" oriented experiences. 

My brother today is spiritually oriented and open minded, and tends more often than not to be a loving kind of person in a more universal sense (and thankfully doesn't go around robbing anyone!).  But he doesn't remember talking about those things when he was so young. 

I also don't remember having had specific afterlife or nonphysical type experiences when i was younger, beyond believing in some odd, some would say fantastical stuff, and being very aware of people's character beyond their outer facades.

I do remember some of when i was four years old and that my parents told me after them asking me what i wanted to be when i grew up i replied along the lines of, "a doctor to everyone, everywhere..." and that i would always be there (in the kind of, no matter what way).  Yep, apparently had messianic delusions at a young age. 

I do remember that i did not literally want to be a MD type doctor, but rather that i was *very* empathic and very aware in a more broad, social sense.  I remember watching news, or tuning into those around me, and feeling so, so, so much suffering and being so concerned about it, and feeling like we all and i had to do something about it.  It was a very big concern of mine, and apparently felt that i was here to help change some of that. 

I was (so i was later told) quite persistent with this theme and talk for awhile.  My Dad being a musician sat down and wrote a song about this called Dr. Everywhere

I also remember having had a recurring dream wherein i was on a space ship traveling vast distances and sent to Earth.  Felt like i was on a mission of some kind.

I forgot about a lot of this for a long while.  It wasn't until i started to get more intune with universal type of love and becoming a more positive person, that i started to remember some of this beyond what my parents had mentioned (plus i had a recording of my dad's song).  (the recurring dream i remembered without my parents help, i don't think i told them that one). 

So i would say it's possible to re-remember what we have temporarily forgotten, even in this life.  Part of the trick is like tuning your inner frequencies to that frequency wherein you had those experiences, feelings, perceptions, etc, and the more you expand your consciousness, the more you will remember and/or perceive in general. 

Needless to say, even though i had forgotten some of those specific feelings, thoughts, and perceptions from when i was 4, Love and what it means spiritually, socially, etc has been on my mind, consciously, a lot in this life (starting again when i hit my teens) and i've always been considered by my peers (and non peers) a rather strange duck.

Big, civilization altering changes has also been on my mind for quite a long time.   And it's all related one to another.

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #4 - Jul 18th, 2013 at 9:16pm

When I was a grad student at Harvard Divinity School, I went to a bar one night and met a fascinating woman who was in charge of the Harvard Day Care Center for the School of Education.  She shared some remarkable statements made by these very young children (typically age 3).  One little boy observed, "You have a birthday this week, don't you?" The woman replied, "Why yes, but how did you know?"  The boy answered by identifying the birthdates of some family members, adding, "I learned about these in heaven before I was born."  The woman later asked his parents if they believed in the paranormal and they angrily replied, "No, and we don't you putting such ideas in our son's mind!"

Another little boy offered, "During  naptime, I leave my body.   So do other kids here, but I'm the only one who knows this."  The woman asked, "Why do you think that is?" The little boy mused, "Well, it's like a little mousy doesn't know that it's a mouse."

The Bible actually teaches not reincarnation, but the doctrine that the soul preexists prior to birth.  In her best selling NDE book, "Embraced by the Light," Betty Eadie recalls meeting her the unborn daughter she was destined to adopt.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.