Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The Real Deal (Read 9968 times)
Focus27

ALK Member

Re: The Real Deal
Reply #15 - Jan 30th, 2012 at 7:37am

Of course there is nothing to regret.
It sounds like a pretty typical conversation in your situation. An acceptance of death in my opinion implies at the very least a hope that the afterlife exists!

Often, I myself do not even have hope!

Mine however will be just fantastic. I will be running around in a frenzy of doctors and experimental procedures. It will literally be pure insanity. Screaming in insane pain... pleading for more machines, more experimental human modification testing.

Let's do this!

Death is not necessary for humans! We are MANKIND! Thinkers, Creators. Made in the image of God and we will use our Godlike powers to KILL DEATH ITSELF!

(And if that fails we can always resort to the Deathly Hallows... I'll take the cloak of invisibility to hide from death any day!)

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #16 - Jan 30th, 2012 at 8:41am

Bardo,

You did what I would have done.  You opened the door. He was not dismissive of you.  You made him consider the possibilities.  In instances like this, one wonders if you can over-extend your welcome. 

For instance, I think it is important, to try to let the person know, that nothing is imposed on them; that hell or heaven is a state of mind, not an external judgement; that if one is sincere one can always ask for help - with an open heart.

But in truth, I couldn't say all this to one who did not belive, unless they were a very close friend, who knew of my otherwise rational human life.

Focus27,

You speak of conquering death in the physcial body.  Yet what if our existence as pure consciousness is infinitely brighter and happier?  The longer you force yourself to remain encased in human flesh, may not be the better.  We just don't know while here on earth.  I am all for slowing down the aging process and conquering disease.  Much suffering may be averted that way.  Yet would I want to roam the earth for several thousand years?  I don't think so.  But to each his own.

M

IP Logged

Focus27

ALK Member

Reply #17 - Jan 30th, 2012 at 8:47am

I'll take it! I will roam the Earth for eternity. having the experiences here alone. Be them mental or psychical in essence. I take it.

I will accept forever life willingly, proudly, happily, with great gusto and enthusiasm. I will accept great pain and sacrifice to make this deal. GREAT PAIN AND SACRIFICE.

Where is the devil when I need him?

(...... I hear he has the best deals!) Oh wait... the Devil does not exist and deals of this sort are purely imagination... much the same... I fear... as the concept of mind and body being separate!)

I mean seriously, The devil, Satan, the fallen angel that has killed less people directly than Jehovah God himself. I am to buy any of this? Why give my worship to a God that kills because he decided even the little children and babies, although not corrupted yet, will be corrupted by the parents?

Is that fair?

God sucks.

I am better than God. No, I am not the Alpha and the Omega.

The beginning and the end.

But I D-.'-A.-'M-.'N. well know when to keep myself under control and give people a chance.

IP Logged

Just Me

ALK Member

Reply #18 - Jan 30th, 2012 at 10:09am

Bardo wrote on Jan 30th, 2012 at 7:20am:
Well, here is an update. I spent the entire weekend working on their house with the whole family helping out. My friend was well enough to drive to the lumber yard with me and select the paneling and other materials that he wanted, so we had a couple of hours together, which I sensed that he wanted, because he would not allow any of his kids to come with us.  And as we were driving the half hour to our closest home center, he got talking. And as he talked he got into some detail about the process of dying, and about his kids and how it was hardest for them.  So at some point, I knew that the time was right. And I said something to the effect of.."Look, I will only say this once and then I will shut up, but..." and I simply stated my understanding that the soul survives physical death etc etc. Then he told me that he had had some experiences that could not be explained when he was younger, and after a few minutes of clarification we left it at that. I won't mention it again unless he wants to talk, but I don't regret having said it.

Hi Bardo,

I was thinking about you and your friend this past weekend and wondering how things were going. I'm glad you were able to spend time working on the project and talking. It sounds like you opened the doorway for him and he may just share more later. Right now, I'm sure he has quite a bit on his mind, but you've planted the seed that you're not afraid of the topic. Yeah for you! He is so fortunate to have a friend like you.

Kind regards,
mj

IP Logged

Bardo

Reply #19 - Apr 4th, 2012 at 8:17am

This friend of mine died yesterday. I had gone to see him on Sunday, and sat with him for a while. He was on morphine by this time, and Oxycontin as well, so he was not real lucid. But he recognized me and we chatted a bit. His daughter was in the room, so I did not mention what was in my mind, which was to remind him of our conversation in the truck, where we talked of the afterlife. I just told him that everything was going to be all right for his family, and I left it at that. Now I regret that I did not reinforce our earlier discussion. I hope he had a smooth transition, I have not had any sense of him yet. I have asked guidance to tell me how he is doing, but so far I have nothing.

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Apr 4th, 2012 at 9:57am

So what exactly was holding you back Bardo?

IP Logged

Bardo

Reply #21 - Apr 4th, 2012 at 10:15am

Justin,
He has a  young daughter who was in the room, and I was not sure what effect the discussion would have had on her. Anyway, that is water under the bridge. Now I would like to try to contact him to ensure that he is doing okay.

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Apr 4th, 2012 at 10:20am

I see, though i still do not fully understand even yet (kids understand these things better than do most adults).  I hope you two can get in communication at some point, if it is spiritually helpful for you, him, and the Whole to do so.

IP Logged

Bardo

Reply #23 - Apr 4th, 2012 at 10:23am

I'm not saying it was the right decision, only that it is the one that I took, so I have to live with it.

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Apr 4th, 2012 at 10:33am

I don't know if it was right or wrong, that really wasn't my point or question.  I was more trying to subtly point to your unconscious.   

I think your friend will be more or less fine.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.