Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Beliefs and Retrievals (Read 2505 times)
Life
Ex Member

Beliefs and Retrievals
Mar 25th, 2012 at 9:44pm

Something that Bob Monroe, Bruce Moen, and others connected to The Monroe Institute, have taught and promoted is the concept of retrievals (Cayce's guidance also referenced to this).  Usually, retrievals are thought of in a certain sense.  A person after they transition from the physical world, may get "stuck" sort of in-between the purely physical and nonphysical states of consciousness.

But, is this all there is to retrievals?  Could it be that retrievals and the whole retrieval process is much bigger than this?   Are we as humans, stuck in various limiting beliefs and belief systems while physically alive? 

Perhaps one or more of the indications that we are, are similar in a sense to the "effects" and symptoms of those who are stuck in the more "classic" sense.  Two of the most common symptoms and effects of stuckness in the classic sense is a suffering and unhappiness in a personal, selfish sense and having narrow and/or illusion based perceptions. 

It would seem then, that to some extent, almost all humans are stuck to varying degrees.  If Bob Monroe's account of "He/She" is true, then it would seem that such a person is one of those rare types who is not stuck whatsoever--someone completely free and liberated. 

Are beliefs sacred?  If beliefs were somehow inherently sacred, then what "right" do we have to try to communicate with and help someone stuck in a classic sense?  I mean, after all, it's THEIR beliefs and they are entitled to them, are they not?  So what if they are suffering, i mean, eventually they might snap out of it and wake up enough to move into a more pleasant state of existence right? 

Perhaps we should only be Yin, and be passive?  Let's let every individual work out there own issues and problems.  We should not "interfere" with their freewill and their limited and limiting beliefs. 

Whoops, we have just slashed the "employment" of millions, perhaps even trillions of nonphysically focused "helpers, guides, and the like". 

And what about that Guide of guides, that Teacher of teachers?   

Why did he incarnate here and what gave him the "right" to indirectly tell others that their beliefs and ways of living were limited and needed to be changed?  Why did he focus on exampling, communicating, and teaching certain "truths" that contradicted others beliefs, perceptions, ideas, and/or ways of living? 

I mean, after all that's not "spiritual" is it?   It's not "spiritual" or "right" to think that self knows better for another than they do, right?  All of you who have children or work with children, should never give consequences or tell a child that what they are doing is a limited way and that there are better ways of doing something.   We should just let them run completely wild and have their way, after all, to be "spiritual" we have to respect every sacred belief and freewill choice, right? 

We can take this whole Yin thing really far.  Having worked directly with children for some 6 years now, i've learned directly that many children benefit from having a certain amount of structure, firmness, and consequence in their life. 

My wife is a teacher, and has worked longer with children than i, and she also has learned this, and she has observed that the really lenient and laid back teachers AND the most authoritative, forceful, and controlling, tend to have the most problems and acting up with students.  She has learned that one has to strike a balance between being nice. lenient, and laid back, with being firm, no nonsense, and authoritarian and that when she achieves that balance, she tends to get the best out of her students. 

Why do we think what applies to children, doesn't ever apply to us as adults?  Are we so much happier, fulfilled, and aware than children?  Sometimes we are more "aware" in certain ways, but just as often, in some ways we are less "aware" than the average, young child. 

Perhaps this is why the Teacher of teachers, often said that we must become like little children if we are to enter the "Kingdom of Heaven" that is within?  Because there is a flexibility, an openness, a faith that younger children tend to have much more than adults.  They are much less entrenched in strong, intellectual and/or emotionally based habits or belief systems.  They are more "heart" aware and centered, more in touch with their intuitive feelings. 

The Teacher had the most problems with men much older than himself, men that were very intellect centered and entrenched.  They were so attached to their narrow and limited belief systems and ways of living, that when this young "know it all" came and tried to both example and teach perceptions and ways different than their own, they tended to get quite upset and/or argumentative with him.  For him, it was not personal, but for them it was. 

No doubt, he was told and told oft, "who are you Yeshua, to tell me or any other, how i should live my life or that i should change my beliefs?!"  "What makes you think you know better than them or me?" 

What was Yeshua "doing"?   He was trying retrieve!   Obviously, his efforts only had partial effects while actually interacting.  He could not "reach" everyone, and ultimately, a group of others became so intolerant of him, so angry with him, that they tried quite forcefully to get rid of him via a false trial and murder.

In some ways, we live in a somewhat different age and time.  In some ways, it's not so different.  One way where it is different, is that there is more general awareness and more spiritually aware people on this Earth.  Getting guidance more directly has become a greater reality for more now than it was then.  We have improved in some areas. 

But there are still so many limited belief systems and still so much stuckness and suffering in this world.  In my country, the U.S. there are millions that are on pharmaceutical anti depressants. There are millions that regularly use alcohol or weed to escape from their life and their problems and their suffering.  There are millions that use food in similar ways.

There are a great number, though less than the above, that take harder drugs or are hooked on other consciousness altering, "legal" pharmaceutical drugs for the same reason.  There are many that are addicted to sex for the same reasons.  People addicted to religious or other more narrow belief systems.

Or there are many of us that try to surround ourselves with like minded people by joining certain groups, certain forums, in looking for that ego security that such groups and like minded people can provide.  So many of us are trying to fill up that dark, black hole void within these outer distractions, quick fixes and patches.

Our battle cry often is, "don't challenge me and my beliefs!"   We see this in so many ways.  One area that i've seen this particularly strongly is that between those who choose to eat vegetarian or vegan and those who choose to eat meat.  I have heard so many who choose to eat meat, speak so strongly and derogatorily of those "vegetarians" as if it's a dirty word.  Yet, in many cases, vegetarianism and veganism is often motivated by the suffering of other beings and wanting to not be directly part of causing same.

I guess my point is, is that it seems that retrievals is much bigger than just retrieving those stuck between the purely nonphysical and physical levels or states of consciousness.  Very occasionally, very rarely than you might think, Expanded Guidance (not just regular and more common "Helpers") incarnate directly here to directly take part in the retrieving of others. 

They do this most and best and most effectively through direct example and also sharing their super intune vibes and emanations with others more silently.  But occasionally, like Yeshua, they also address more directly limited beliefs, perceptions, and ways of living. 

In our times and generation, they also try teach ways of  effectively connecting to expanded guidance and ask that others actually try to get information and belief system "conversion" that way as well.  But sometimes, with certain issues, they have to talk openly and repeatedly because there is such a lack of conscious awareness and concern with certain issues.  It is a type of "front loading", but they know that if others will take certain questions to the most Expanded Guidance that a percentage will get information more directly about these issues.

But as in Yeshua's times, so few choose to listen to these.  This is why such strong, outer catalysts will happen that will force people to change their ways of living, their beliefs and perceptions, and ways of interacting.  Because we are reaching a peak in this cycle wherein the destructiveness and suffering is outweighing the rate of conversion and change. 

If you were truly tapping into only Expanded Guidance within, and really knew and lived PUL, you would be radiantly happy most of the time.  You would experience such joyousness and at peaceness, and one that others cannot disturb or alter, nor can life and challenges that life brings. You would have such an expanded awareness and perception of reality.

If the above does not apply to you, if you are restless, if your moments of at peaceness and happiness are fleeting,  inconsistent, and wavering depending on outside conditions.. If your vaunted beliefs do not match the similar propounding of many, unrelated but reputable psychic sources that contain verifications and proven helpfulness to the many.

Then chances are, we are more stuck than we might think or like to think we are.  But we don't have to stay that way. And when we start to liberate ourselves, we partake in retrieving others because the more liberated we become, the more we can feel the suffering of the Whole and the more it moves us to want to affect change in non forceful ways.

Liberation implies and means growing in our living and awareness of Love and the Oneness of the Whole--it's an expanding of our consciousness and perception in all areas and of all realities.  Eventually, through that we come to drop all limiting and non helpful beliefs and ways of living, and we can see and perceive so crystal clear in all areas and in all ways.  More importantly, we reach a state of happiness. at peaceness, and joyousness that is only affected or impacted by the suffering of others that we feel. 

a channel

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: Beliefs and Retrievals
Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2012 at 7:25am

Hi Justin,

I agree with your thought stated first  that the retrievals we generally do -- those that fit the mold of visiting a soul who has usually recently passed in an effort to help them on from a lower level -- are only part of a spectrum of afterlife experiences or of retrievals.

When retrievals were first explained to me i was told to let the process itself  determine what person, or aspect of a person, needed retrieving. To make ourselves instruments of the retrieval process. That still seems to be a true way since our own egos don't get as involved.  We can be more sure also that some own deeper need is also met when we accept assignments. But it's not the only way, if our beliefs will allow us to go on.

As we become more familiar with spiritual realms, I too hope our use of the term will become broader, or maybe we'll find other terms to define our expanding experience.

Maybe retrievals might blend over into what we now call exorcisms, if the retriever was intense and courageous enough to confront such mad demons. Or what about retrievals into the spirits of other species? If we truly want to ease suffering, there are certainly many opportunities.

As you are saying, first our beliefs must expand.

Through diet and study you are certainly ready for more and broader experience. I hope you'll share some on forums here.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2012 at 11:04am

Hi Betson,

Good points about retrievals, and yes, it's even a more broad activity than what i outlined in the above.  There are various other intelligent and self aware species from other parts of the physical universe and also other consciousnesses, which also are being retrieved or partaking in facilitating retrieving than just us humans or former humans.

I call this larger, broader, universal process, "the Healing of the Whole, so that the Whole will be truly and fully Whole again". 

The expanded guidance that i've communicated with are in the Yang, active process of trying to speed up this endeavor.  They are both detached and Yin enough to allow others their space and freewill, but also concerned, Yang and active in trying to speed up the process. 

If the level of expanded guidance wasn't, The Teacher, would  have not come in the flesh like he did 2000 years ago. 

This is why i wish that Bruce wouldn't promote certain beliefs and ways of looking at things, such as that physical life is a personal vacation from eternity.  Not only is this off from a broader perspective than his, but in a way makes the whole, broader process seem too Yin, passive and laid back.  Thus, it can act as a limiting belief, which if others adopt, can be one of those limiting beliefs that they will eventually have to change.

This is nothing personal in regards to Bruce.  On a personal level, i think he is a great guy, and he has done A LOT of good for a lot of people, including myself, and i'm appreciative for that.   This is why i poneyed up the money for both my wife and i to attend his 2 day class, because i like supporting positive and helpful causes like Bruce and his efforts.  I didn't go for myself so much.

I've just come to have a more discerning and balanced view towards various teachers and even ones i really like and respect, like Bob Monroe, Bruce Moen, Edgar Cayce, and Tom Campbell.

IP Logged

Mandy

ALK Member

Reply #3 - Apr 3rd, 2012 at 11:36pm

I think describing our experiences within the earth system by calling it a vacation from eternity is exquisite. Mr. Moen has his own point of view, as you do, and this is his website.

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 4th, 2012 at 10:13am

I think there is some relative, little bit of truth to it, but as a "teaching", it is limited and limiting in nature--it's easily taken out of perspective.  Because this is Bruce Moen's forum and one of his beliefs, this means i should not speak up about the limiting nature of this belief/perception which he has shared publicly?

Perhaps i should only ever agree with him, his beliefs, or if i do not, keep my fingers completely still? 

One can like, respect, appreciate certain people and their work and still disagree on certain important points based on principle alone and because they think a larger, more important issue is at stake.  I have said far, far more positive things about Bruce and his work, then i have spoken critically.   But i have taken Bruce, and all non He/She like Helpers and Teachers off pedestals. 

IP Logged

PauliEffectt

ALK Member

Reply #5 - Apr 4th, 2012 at 5:34pm

I think it is more based on some kind of experience.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.