Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Paul Selig Channels The Word (Read 24614 times)
recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Paul Selig Channels The Word
Reply #15 - Nov 12th, 2011 at 1:26pm

Crossbow:

Thank you for saying the below. Yes, it is up to each person to decide for his or herself.

crossbow wrote on Nov 11th, 2011 at 10:21pm:
A very good debate. Good points put forward from both sides. This is helpful to others because when people read your debate it helps them to weigh things up for themselves and do their own thinking.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #16 - Nov 12th, 2011 at 2:03pm

I need to clarify something. I don't mean to imply that Paul is a bad guy. Perhaps he is a nice man. But sometimes nice people get duped by the beings they channel.

recoverer wrote on Nov 12th, 2011 at 1:21pm:
Olinerum:

Regarding what you perceive, we perceive differently.

olinerum wrote on Nov 12th, 2011 at 12:17pm:
In my opinion both of You are right.
recoverer is just a very cautious because he knows that up there are "good and bad" and no one can be sure what kind of the source the channelig comes  from.
No one.
Even the channeler.

But We are in our consciousness and that should be the filter.  Each of us in his consciousness
When somebody needs to learn from some channelings it may be a threat to him.
So learning should be supported by practice, the experience.
In the experience, the highest wisdom lies.

OutOfBodyDude writes that he knows Paul and his consciousness is in line to Paul so now only remains subject to the word Paul experience.

For me, Paul is reliable because I see in him a beautiful pink heart chakra and the double golden aureole around his head.
Beings with whom he connects are in positive, beatiful color.
And he has got a funny doggie, hehe.
Wink

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #17 - Nov 12th, 2011 at 5:21pm

I watched a couple of videos and read some more of the transcripts of Paul’s channeling sessions.

One thing that became clear to me is that the beings Paul channels have a course of instruction in place and they speak as if a person who gets involved with the teachings is working with the beings it comes from.

If a person gets involved to the extent Paul and the beings he channels make available, then this person is making the decision to do the following:

1. To believe that what the beings say is true. Or in other words, a person decides to believe according to what the beings say.

2. To commit to the teaching methods provided. The beings present their material as if it needs to be adhered to completely in order to be beneficial. Therefore, if a person decides to commit, he allows the path defined by the beings to become a significant part of who he is.

3. To decide to trust the beings Paul channels and to open himself to their influence. The transcripts include words stating that the beings will be available to a person who opens up to them. My feeling is that it is a mistake to try to make a connection to a higher level of being by using an intermediary such as Paul or another channel. It is much better if one tries to make a connection to divinity through one’s own resources such as one’s higher self. I do not believe that a person who truly has something to offer would present himself as if he is an intermediary to that which is divine. If a misleading being wants to fool people into making a connection with itself, it is likely to say whatever people want to hear in order to get them to say “yes.” Therefore, it is hard to go by what they say. You have to go by what they do, and getting people involved with them in the way that is available through Paul, is highly questionable. When a connection is made such a connection is the real issue, not the words that are shared. Plus if the beings have people do things such as get involved with a robotic practice such as affirming "I am the word" every time they want to gain transcendence over something, they gain more control over people than people are usually willing to admit.

When it comes to the doublespeak thing Paul does as he channels, does the first voice to speak sound demonic because that’s just how vocal chords work when a spirit being uses a person’s vocal chords, or does the sound created in some way reflect their nature?

IP Logged

crossbow

ALK Member

Reply #18 - Nov 12th, 2011 at 11:04pm

The points Recoverer makes are why I replied as I did to Focus27's thread about hearing his name spoken in his head when falling asleep. (first reply/second post) Our own reason and judgment is what we answer for. Paul Selig and other channelers may be true and right but still we each answer for ourselves so we must always think, judge and decide for ourselves. Listen to them if we choose to, but always maintain our own judgment and our own leadership of our self. When it comes to accounting for ourselves, no spirit guide or channeller will step up and take responsibility for us. We all account for ourselves - not always in the symbolic way it has been depicted to help people grasp the idea - but we do account, to and for and of our self, and before God, to the extent that we and God can come together.

Even a divine message that is good, true and right, and whether it comes through a channeller or through or to our self, must by necessity come down through the individual's own soul and personality as that soul and personality is currently developed with all its limitations and idiosyncrasies. This in itself must effect and limit the message. 

And a few related thoughts and observations I thought to share:

Emotions can make awful decisions. And usually feel right when they are making them. Our prisons are full of people who have followed their emotions. "If it feels right it probably is", is not a reliable guideline for decision making.    

Even virtues (under human freewilled management) get it wrong. Misguided virtues make the worst of human errors. Something can feel right but be so very wrong. Even love can error, in fact when virtues error, they cause more harm than evil can. Think of adulterous affairs of the heart where mismanaged love that seems so good and right causes sufferings for families and ruins the higher plans of people's lives. Think of the love that some historical dictators have had for their country, people and race, a love that in itself is pure and good but in its being confined to its own people has turned to war against neighbouring people and soon brought suffering back to the people it loved so much. Even love can feel right and do wrong.   

So who and what can we trust? Love? Virtues? Channellers? Anyone? Our self?

All humans, all freewill, all material structure, is fallible. The only reliability is God.

Only wisdom gets things right - love and intelligence combined - and which by definition is right decision. And wisdom is a tenuous thing. Precarious too. Delicate. Must be always watch. It is not ours, but we might share it with God, to the extent we are able.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #19 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 2:18am

It is possible to speculate about the motives and authenticity of any source, but what is most important is how the source impacts people's lives.  As they say, the proof is in the pudding.  Besides the inspiration The Word have given me, we can see for ourselves a taste of it's impact on others:

http://www.paulselig.com/testimonials/

http://www.amazon.com/Am-Word-Guide-Consciousness-Transitioning/dp/1585427934

I would think that an individual with such a strong connection to higher energies as to have the incredible spiritual gifts he has would be better able to determine the nature of the beings he interacts with than, say, a guy on an afterlife forum with a negative focus.  Just sayin.  Cheesy

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

crossbow

ALK Member

Reply #20 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 4:08am

Hi OutOfBodyDude. Thats a good point about noting the beneficial impact of the source on people's lives. (I assume by impact you mean influence) Clearly the worth of a soul, of a life, of a message, of a teaching, is the extent of the beneficial influence it has upon the lives of others.

By the way, did you know that Jesus taught the Word? The Gospels contain many teachings on it, for those who can read, or who "have ears" as JC would say.   

IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #21 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 6:23am

Dude,

"I would think that an individual with such a strong connection to higher energies as to have the incredible spiritual gifts he has would be better able to determine the nature of the beings he interacts with than, say, a guy on an afterlife forum with a negative focus. Just sayin."

Guru/Master vs. infidel - reducing the dissenter to become 'some guy with a negative focus' speaks of the impact on you. Just sayin. As for your Master, the biblical picture upon entering the site was a major turn off, to me, another random guy on a forum replying to some guy handing out some links to some other someones.

If you disagree with that, you could be the one having a negative focus, and so have the option to read it again when you're ready to take it all in with a smile, sunshine.

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #22 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 10:26am

From the New Testament:

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Quotes like these may be misunderstood; Jesus may have been speaking of the notion that to become love-realized, in order to enter heaven, then one follows the path of love, which is what he described (so you would have to follow the consciousness that he describes to return to the father - even if you were not a christian).

Yet throughout the centuries, this quote invoked fear, not love, into the hearts of many, for it implied that if you didn't believe in Jesus - didn't behave as the church instructed -  that you would never get to heaven. 

I haven't gone through Paul's web-videos yet, but I have been loathe to follow, in general, channelings of so-called higher beings.  I have seen through most of the well known sources (Seth, Elias), and while interested in the philosophy, I was ultimately not impressed. 

Mostly, because I believe some of the most loving, kind souls I have encountered are present in the physical world, scattered here and there, and I, like Bruce, believe that self-exploration and realization is the key toward personal spiritual progress. 

Anyone's system may be worth exploring, as long as you can integrate the knowledge and approach into your own meditations, without relying only on what the source says is the "right" way to do things.

If my meditations are correct and what I consider to be a gradual deeper understanding of life holds true, then love is the foundation of our being, and gives us all of our abilities.  I should not need a channeled portal to explore this - I may understand it, if I am open to examining my life, tracing the cause and effect path of karma, and experimenting with the change that I desire to follow a path of love. 

That being said, if I find a source which is transformative, I, like OOB Dude would attempt to share it with the group.  I doubt that dude is saying that he is a blind follower of a guru - only that he found a resonance and a utility in the message he heard.

Matthew

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #23 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 11:45am

Quote:
That being said, if I find a source which is transformative, I, like OOB Dude would attempt to share it with the group.  I doubt that dude is saying that he is a blind follower of a guru - only that he found a resonance and a utility in the message he heard.

This would be correct kind sir.  I simply want to provide people resources which may inspire their own personal transformations.  I'd rather my efforts not be thwarted by misinformation, but I have said what I feel and we'll leave it at that.  I'll just add that I believe pointing people in the right direction may have more benefit than pointing people away from the wrong direction(although it can be helpful at times), especially when this "wrong direction" is in fact a source of positive transformation to many.

I did not mean to downplay Recoverer as an individual, but I wanted to stress his relationship to the source of the channelled material.  Of course, he is a guy, or so I am led to believe, he is on an afterlife forum, and in this case his focus is on perceived negative aspects of the material presented.  Although I did not say "some guy," but throwing the word "some" in there did cleverly give the illusion of better illustrating the point that was trying to be made.

As for Paul being my Master, I could never substitute Volu for another All Knowing Divine Being to worship!   Grin

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Volu

Reply #24 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 12:37pm

Dude,

"I did not mean to downplay Recoverer as an individual, but I wanted to stress his relationship to the source of the channelled material.  Of course, he is a guy, or so I am led to believe, he is on an afterlife forum, and in this case his focus is on perceived negative aspects of the material presented.  Although I did not say "some guy," but throwing the word "some" in there did cleverly give the illusion of better illustrating the point that was trying to be made."

Nay, still think some illustrated the point pretty well. Just naying. You know what the captain of said before the ship sunk? Win some, lose some, and steering the boat when it's sunk gets you nowhere rather than somewhere.

"As for Paul being my Master, I could never substitute Volu for another All Knowing Divine Being to worship!"

Dude, where's your sense of You? I don't want your power, but there are as many who wants this as there are churches littered around the globe. So, some needs to have someone to hand their power over to as some kind of meaningful way to learn. Not a someone to be friends with but someone's Saviour, and several preferences have been somewhat mentioned in the thread.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #25 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 1:57pm

Crossbow is right. Even when we receive messages from a spirit we have to decide for ourselves.

Regarding what Doc said about Seth and Elias, I mention them in this sample chapter from one of my books.

http://nondualityisdualistic.com/a-night-in-heaven/chapter-13/

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #26 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 6:26pm

Volu

I feel I am actually pretty well tapped into my own inner power, and the more I learn to live in divine grace, the more I yearn to help others do the same.  So I teach the ones close to me from the example I leave from my daily life, and do my best to spread resources which may help others to gain the knowledge and inspiration to live Christ-like, such as referring people to sources such as Paul, and making DVDs with meditation hemi sync and other self help programs and gifting them to all who are interested in exploring themselves and reality more deeply but haven't had the knowledge or inspiration to do so.  This is me expressing my power.  And just wait until you see what my power is in the midst of creating for the world!    

If you believe I have handed over my power to Paul or any other source for that matter, then you are mistaken my friend.  I have given his words the power to impact me for the better(which is really just a projection of my own power anyway), while fully retaining my own personal power, which in turn has allowed my power to grow and evolve. 

If you are at a level of consciousness in which you have stopped receiving benefit from anything or anyone that appears to be outside of yourself, then perhaps your purpose here is complete.  Mine is not, however, as I am still learning and growing, so forgive me if I may occasionally use an outside source to gain inspiration and insight!  Of course, it is these outside sources which have allowed me to find my own inner source of power and inspiration, as is generally the case here in this world of illusory separation, so I think you are confusing my ability to benefit from a source with surrendering my power to a source, as my power continues to grow as I soak up all that is beneficial for my spiritual growth.

IP Logged

Volu

Reply #27 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 1:03pm

"If you are at a level of consciousness in which you have stopped receiving benefit from anything or anyone that appears to be outside of yourself, then perhaps your purpose here is complete.  Mine is not, however, as I am still learning and growing, so forgive me if I may occasionally use an outside source to gain inspiration and insight!"

There's no need to forgive you Dude, and vice versa since I do enjoy being the devil's advocate. Interesting to read you voice your thoughts about the subject.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #28 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 1:52pm

Yes indeed, there is no need to be forgiven.  Smiley

IP Logged

Justin aka Vasya
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Nov 21st, 2011 at 2:54pm

Pat E. wrote on Nov 12th, 2011 at 1:49am:
Frank DeMarco does not channel, but he does converse with entities in the nonphysical.  Those conversations have been posted on his blog, I Of My Own Knowledge, and in books including "Chasing Smallwood", "The Sphere and the Hologram" and "The Cosmic Internet".  If you want to learn how it all works without any proselytizing, brainwashing or other questionable tactics, I encourage you to read Frank.

At some point, i would like to check out some of Franks work and info, as i somewhat recently found out i may be meeting him in the nearish future.  Funny enough, the date for this scheduled by the group i'm involved with, happens to be my birthday (no one beside me knew this info).  Maybe that is a synchronicity that i'm supposed to pay attention to?

Re: channeled info and sources in general, i wish more of them gave info that can be verified in some way beyond their philosophy agreeing or jiving with our own or being something we like or resonate with.  There are a relative few sources out there that did give info that could be verified, but such sources have seemed pretty rare in comparison with the plethora of channeled type sources out there who don't.

In our own personal explorations and communications, many of us ask for or and seek verifying info, which i believe is a grounded and balanced approach until enough trust and ability has been built up, yet so many of us do not have these standards or measures for outer sources we become interested in.  Why?  Should we not question outer sources just as much, or even more so than our inner sources?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.