Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Personal Identity (Read 14508 times)
LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Re: Personal Identity
Reply #15 - Feb 10th, 2007 at 3:35pm

augoeideian wrote on Feb 8th, 2007 at 4:41am:
Endlessly we search for ourselves, we seek for the true wedding of our spirit with our soul. It is not a group, it is not a disc, it is not a planet, it is not a zodiac sign, it is not one big happy family.  It is just you and me weaving a celestial dance in and out.  You come down, I go up.  I come down, you go up. How long do we seek for one another – how long do we stay in the realms of matter until we join and become whole again and not need this matter, above and below, to matter and we can fly as free as the wind a go wherever we want?

Caryn's lament.

Hey dearlight, it's soon. much sooner than you think!

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #16 - Feb 10th, 2007 at 4:03pm

first welcome to afterlife knowledge forum Tdalek. ironically I was going thru some old papers this morning and became intrigued with something I'd written on this subject. It was about being or feeling like two people and I'd written it as a beginning outline to my book coming out this month RoadSigns. your topic is perhaps not so coincidental then.

I decided to blog the article at the address below this post where it says Blog in case you're interested in further pursuing this subject of incarnation, disc mates, essence, anima/animus, oneness or ontology of all life, we are in quite a range of topics and ideas here. great thread.

I should have the thing input this afternoon.

Albert I suspect this remark is too tidy and pat for you, but maybe Bruce will add something to the Joshua question. the way I see bringing in ailments or conditions from other lives into the current one is that it is dna information. karmic information. something didn't get worked out, so it gets carried over on purpose. perhaps so that Bruce could actually become aware of Joshua, who is just as important as Bruce, as I believe the retrieval of Joshua healed and put the matter of the liver question to rest by bringing to Bruce's awareness he is one with his greater self as well as one with Joshua.
    Retrievals themselves are healing situations. simply to become aware we are all one is in itself a healing thing and it is possible we come here to heal ourselves of the separation. a contracting and expansion principle of essence, the wave hits the shore then recedes back into the ocean, then it hits the shore again. the ocean wave loves hitting the shore and equally loves receding back to the ocean...its all the same to it.

ok, off to do me blog......

IP Logged

karmickiss

MA
Reply #17 - Feb 11th, 2007 at 6:39am

Hi there Tdalek! When I first found this board I was on daily....and I regret how busy things have become, and hope to be able to peek in more...anyway...the way I post, if I do at all, b/c of so many great threads I love to read..I usually do right after reading the first original post, and afterwards, I love to go back and read what everyone else has had to say on the sudject..the reason for this must be obvious.. Roll Eyes I'm long winded enough that I would end up writing a novel as I read each new post...lol...there are some beautiful minds here,so I'm sure you will have plenty of wonderful information on such a good question(s)!

I'm a person who has always believed in reincarnation...even though the church I was brought up in didn't share that belief. I think I've been blessed(whereas for years I felt the opposite for my sensitivities, cursed, but I accept myself in that sense much more today) in the way that after much soul searching,  and studying the major religions in the world to the best of my ability, I have found a very comfortable position with this question, b/c it used to bother me as well. I still have so much to learn,which is a good thing..this is one place that has given me such a better picture of beliefs I already had, and introduced new material for my hungry mind. Although research and study are some of my favorite things..in the end, any answer that I've come to really accept as truth for me...is the intuitive feeling I get when something "fits"...so I always, if I should be as bold as to ever offer any kind of "advice" would be that when you read or see or contemplate any questions...if you remain as open as possible..usually there will be an intuitive feeling about what holds true for you...like an "Ah ha!" experience. We are all individual, and all take in information at our own rates, and as we grow in life, these questions may come back at random times, and our understanding starts to expand and become more and more clear....here I go with the long winded stuff..have pity it's about 4:30am where I'm at, and yet to have some shut eye.. Tongue

Anything I ever write is of course,my own reality and/or opinion on the subject..and I never want to state those as "fact" but just as ideas shared..so enough disclaimers...lol...Identity...personailty....deep stuff..and sometimes semantics can get me in trouble, so I'll try to "dumb down"my reply for my sake only Wink I deeply believe in reincarnation..and feel I have had many earth lives..I've been luckly enough to have had some past life regfressions done by some of the best..and the insights I got were invaluable! After that, I have been able to kind of tune in on other lifetimes on my own, often through visions, or in dreams sometimes...I recognize so many people as people I've cycled with before, and amazed at how we switch roles,and I see the value of learning and karma in that. I really believe we have soul families,and are working out karma, and by using different roles, we gather more experience,the best kind of teacher....to me earth lives are kind of like crash courses in putting spiritual principles we learn on the "other side"to work by testing and enriching our knowledge. It used to trouble me, thinking, what of our individulaities,personalities...and then one day it all fit together almost at once,and I was like, "Of course!"...the challenge here is expressing this right now....

In my humble opinion, there are certain factors that determine personality..and our experience as individuals in our earth lives..and taking it a step further,I really think we actually try to set up the conditions that would alter those,for the purpose of learning the experience in these varying states of being.Depression, mental illnesses,and meantal wellness for that matter, can be altered significantly due to the chemical chemistry in our brains.....too little of this,causes a reaction, too much of that,causes another...etc..and if we are born with defects that alter our experience in that life,we then experience an entirely different life. Also,there are cultural differences,sex roles..all these things alter our realities and personalities and egos in that lifetime....nature vs. nurture....genetics and environment...all these factor in...however,our soul(sematics again) spirit..that is what I think of as my true self, is unaffected by the physical "make up" of that one life while we live it,and it holds all those lifetime experiences,and I feel that when we cross over, we get to review not only our last lifetime, but our other ones, and evaluate ourselves and our growth,and start planning on what additional experiences or conditions in the next incarnation would help us to work on areas we want to expand upon....but I believe that we remember the experiences, but that our earth personalities, which are even changable in some ways,are a small fraction of who and what we really are. I feel the identity in the afterlife is a constant, since we are sexless(my belief) or at least can choose how we present ourselves in spirit, but that no matter how many lifetimes...it is entirely compatible to the soul/person we are. I think of it as before I went to college(and I'll go back again when I can) I learned so much,academically,and socially,new experiences..but that after that,I am still the same person...but just more educated,and education can alter some old beliefs that might not serve me so well anymore,but I don't lose me..I enrich me, by taking what I need, and discarding anything that is in the way of growth and/or my happiness. I also think of it like, when I was an infant, then all the stages through life..I might change many times, even drastically in many ways..but it dosen't threaten who is inside ,my essence,and instead of losing the personalities I had in my earth lifetimes, they merge,to add to, or reflect..and I own all of them.I know this might be kind of hard to follow,b/c I know there's a much more eloquent way to describe what I'm trying to say...but the sleep or lack of might be affecting the way I'm presenting this....bear with me..Smiley

In my other humble opinion, as far as meeting our loved ones..I know my grandmom, for one,shows herself to me at first how I remembered her before she died..but as I speak with her, she is in her early 20's...but there's no mistaking it's her..her energy is familiar and unique. But as we cross and are met,I believe there are also helpers of some kind to help understanding of our experience..and then also,I believe when we die, that we are granted a kind of understanding that is normally out of reach in our daily lives, and surface minds. I can see how it could seem intimidating,or sad,or disturbing to think that we lose who we are as we know it..but honestly in my heart,I don't think we lose anything but rather gain..and that the core of who we are is always there...so much more to say on this subject..I even think our subconscious mind holds so much of the answers....and I like the fact that you are able to present that question in a very understandable way, even if this reply might seem all over the place...lol...but I know that asking is the key,and allowing your mind to think of these thngs....if you are asking these questions..they will be answered,b/c your mind will keep working on it,even if we are unaware...and your mind and soul will be putting it together in it's own unique way...there is the section of dreams on this site, too, if you dream ,sometimes our dreams will answer alot...and you'll keep getting wonderful responses from some great minds here,and the best we can do is keep our minds open,and your own unique mind and soul will always be there for you,we are eternal beings..oh and a last thought,would be that in each lifetime, often at first, the afterlife we expect (maybe influenced by religion, depending on the life, or lack of...etc) would be what we experience at first,if it is a strong belief system around afterlife...so that we can kind of process things how we need,and for comfort,and help in accepting our recent "death" but I firmly believe that more will be revealed all the time, and that we do have our "families"or guides that will help us put it all together,surprisingly harmoniously.

What a mouthful,as usual! Grin Lastly, I guess the simplest way to sum it up in an overused perhaps trite saying would be "We get what we need"...I hope you keep exploring and writing,and sparking some great threads...I am trying to make my way here more often...take care, Tanja

"All truth is eternal. Truth is nobody's property; has no race, no individual can lay exclusive claim to it. Truth is the nature of all souls."--Swami Vivekananda

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #18 - Feb 11th, 2007 at 3:49pm

good to see you return Tanja, really! please keep in mind to do your book someday, I sense a beautiful flow to your words. love to you, alysia Smiley

IP Logged

augoeideian

Afterlife Knowledge Member

South Africa
Reply #19 - Feb 12th, 2007 at 5:50am

Heya Tanja!

Dearest Alysia  Smiley

Quote:
Hey dearlight, it's soon. much sooner than you think!

Thanks  Cheesy do you think so?

Well, if its the end of a precession cycle of the equinox, shift of the polar star, and the planetary indications of the Galactic centre crossing the ecliptic path of the Sun (as AhSo was talking about) it might just be!!

As we read in the Bible;
And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the Lord, and for the glory of majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.  Isaiah 2:19

or

Therefore I will shake the heavens and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the Lord of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger. Isaiah 13:13

"O weep daughter of Zion, for they have said to you peace there is peace in the world when there is no peace".

Chumley .. will really like this post !

Keep well Alysia.

&&

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #20 - Feb 12th, 2007 at 7:35pm

that stuff is way over my head Caryn, I was just referring from the viewpoint that once we die it seems the life was rather short from that perspective. this overview gained either in an NDE or actual death leaving of the body, is that to us here now, time seems to drag, all these horrible things predicted whereever, never actually happen to the degree of one's images and another's visions or writings, but are soul journeys of individuals to my perception who are all in agreement to undergo that, or else to be modifying those happenings.

so all good reason to be of cheer and make a joyful noise unto whoever will listen..bye, you just scared the hell out of me.... Smiley

IP Logged

augoeideian

South Africa
Reply #21 - Feb 13th, 2007 at 5:08am

Alysia, I'm sorry it was not my intention to scare.  It is recorded in the Spiritual Book.

And the wrath of God is mighty; however if we believe in God what do we have to fear?

Smiley

&&

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #22 - Feb 13th, 2007 at 1:53pm

thanks Caryn, I'm ok! Smiley  yesterday was agitated over something but couldn't put my finger on it and read your post and flipped into my own hell somewhere, not your fault.

you're absolutely right, there is a level of mind where we will all be taken care of no matter what we see going on in the world, we will be calm and know just what to do.

love, alysia

IP Logged

augoeideian

South Africa
Reply #23 - Feb 14th, 2007 at 7:16am

Lots of love Alysia  Smiley

&&

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #24 - Feb 14th, 2007 at 10:31pm

Hi,

in meditation I was shown a few times persons in scenes of their lives, where I suddenly "knew" it was me. The scenes I was shown in these cases mostly were bitter, and I was emotionally affected. It taught me what I should look at in this life. It of course makes you think of karma; in my case, it were hints, hard hints, but useful.
I have also seen many many persons who were "suggested" to be me, but I had not the same emotional instinctive "it's me"-impact.
There are some possibilities what this could be, and maybe even all together are true in a way, as it could all be very different to the physical time-space-matter- scheme.
1. Thinking of the most intense "it's me" persons, it feels like I really was these persons. I took many characteristics of these persons with me into the following lives.
What is strange though, I have had also glimpses of the in-between-incarnation state, and there I seemed to be much more insightful than in the lives before and after this nonphysical episode. But I also have hints that in some in-between states I wasn't insightful but turned away from wisdom and got lonely.
2. Another possibility I see is the already discussed higher-self one. I feel and have some experiences that there is a group where I belong to, where I badly and deeply belong to. This can be called collective identity, and I know this state of consciousness exists. But there are also states of awareness that lead beyond of what is usually called "collective", and it is beyond language. You know some people tell about very deep moving and changing experiences they have had in meditation (or this is called "contemplation"), but they tell almost nothing- because it can't be told. Usually "unity" or similar words are said. I want to point out that it is possible that there are different consciousness states, or levels, and all are simultaneously there and true.

So to me it seems possible that we 1. are having linear reincarnations (same character with different clothes so to say), possibly together with souls we already know, 2. as well are part of a collective, maybe with different types of members, some having a reincarnation line running, some not (off-disk-members and permanent disk members Bruce has called this), and it is quite not clear to what degree this higher self members are able to melt together or to split apart, and new members can be created, and 3. each person is the "I" of this collective as a whole (so they're one); further hierarchy up steps possible, if not likely (up to the all that is, God you can call it). And all this simultaneaous, depending of the viewpoint.

I also think of this: Even when we consider the "linear mode" of reincarnation ("back then I was X, then Y, and now Z") it could be that these type of past lifes are having a "life on its own", in the meaning that our higher self is a sort of database. Everything is there, and maybe in a sense these past lifes are even running all the "time". Time may not be the same as it is in the physical.

Another thing, it's sometimes hard for me to figure out in my mind journeys what is a piece from the database, something which happened in the physical, and what is a discarnated soul who is stuck in a thought-form environment and this soul having him/herself a rerun of the last life, or variations of it; there are indicators that some of these are not the full person they have been, but fragments, split off from the rest of the former entire person.

But some say you can change the past, so that there is no fixed past. I can't proof the opposite.

Finally, think of this. Whenever a person is melting with another person, or into the higher self, there is no loss of the "I". It is as if you are more experienced, like you once were a child, and now you are grown, but still "I".

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #25 - Feb 14th, 2007 at 11:27pm

I agree or resonate Spooky with your thoughts. its a lot to think about.
just to add some thoughts from A course in miracles regarding time and that we are thoughts of god. it says the journey is already done. thought about that many years actually.
came across in "Disappearance of the Universe" book, some thoughts I had thought. it said that the universe is holographic thought. I imagine we are units of individual awareness within holographic thought principle. so that we enter the film, the movie of life as probes and fingers of the unlimited one. so to experience all our experiences as an individual and bring something back to the disc idea.

ACIM implies the script is written, even to the day of death, however it remains that the choices we still retain to adhere to the script as planned or deviate into another possibility or choice; it appears in that way we outpicture illness if we have chosen away from our intention although I'm convinced sometimes illness can be changed into an unexpected positive outcome, the exception to the rule is what causes growth.

ACIM makes the path of growth easy to say forgiveness changes our path of growth effecting everyone around us in numerous unseen ways effectively to bring in what is called the kingdom of god in long ago times, and which now we prefer to call the shift in consciousness, being modern and all, lol..or the age of Aquarious is very good.

thanks Spooky, I hope we don't lose ourselves while we find all these other selves who are us..but I must admit it's always joyful to meet myself out there.
love, alysia

IP Logged

augoeideian

South Africa
Reply #26 - Feb 15th, 2007 at 7:55am

Nice post Spooky, lots to think about.  Alysia the thing is if we/when we agree with the wise philosophers God is beyond time and space therefore the Kingdom of God cannot be placed in a time era like long ago.  And who does the Age of Aquarius belong to .. it belongs to the Kingdom of God doesn't it?

Just my mussings.

&&

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #27 - Feb 15th, 2007 at 1:37pm

Alysia:

Considering that retrievels are done all the time without some connecting physical ailment, I don't believe that it would be necessary for Bruce to have a liver disease in order to retrieve Joshua.

Regarding Karma being passed on, if Joshua was killed with a spear, why would he have karma to deal with? I've considered the possibility that because Joshua is one of Bruce's disc mates, perhaps there was an energetic connection between them that caused Bruce to have a physical problem.  I don't know the precise details of how this works.

LaffingRain wrote on Feb 10th, 2007 at 4:03pm:
Albert I suspect this remark is too tidy and pat for you, but maybe Bruce will add something to the Joshua question. the way I see bringing in ailments or conditions from other lives into the current one is that it is dna information. karmic information. something didn't get worked out, so it gets carried over on purpose. perhaps so that Bruce could actually become aware of Joshua, who is just as important as Bruce, as I believe the retrieval of Joshua healed and put the matter of the liver question to rest by bringing to Bruce's awareness he is one with his greater self as well as one with Joshua.
   Retrievals themselves are healing situations. simply to become aware we are all one is in itself a healing thing and it is possible we come here to heal ourselves of the separation. a contracting and expansion principle of essence, the wave hits the shore then recedes back into the ocean, then it hits the shore again. the ocean wave loves hitting the shore and equally loves receding back to the ocean...its all the same to it.

ok, off to do me blog...images.bravenet.com/common/images/smilies/grouphug.gif

« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2007 at 8:38pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #28 - Feb 15th, 2007 at 1:39pm

Alysia:

I hope the below is true, because I like the script my guidance has been pointing out to me.

[quote author=laffingrain link=1170838580/15#25 date=1171510067]

ACIM implies the script is written, even to the day of death, however it remains that the choices we still retain to adhere to the script as planned or deviate into another possibility or choice; it appears in that way we outpicture illness if we have chosen away from our intention although I'm convinced sometimes illness can be changed into an unexpected positive outcome, the exception to the rule is what causes growth.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #29 - Feb 15th, 2007 at 1:55pm

Spooky. Comments below.

[quote author=spooky2 link=1170838580/15#24 date=1171506670]Hi,

I also think of this: Even when we consider the "linear mode" of reincarnation ("back then I was X, then Y, and now Z") it could be that these type of past lifes are having a "life on its own", in the meaning that our higher self is a sort of database. Everything is there, and maybe in a sense these past lifes are even running all the "time". Time may not be the same as it is in the physical.

"I feel the above Spooky. Perhaps we should look at our various selves that exist in different time periods, similar to how we look at the cells of our body. If we focus on one cell, we experience only that period of time. If we focus on our entire body we experience all of our selves with an understanding of the overall result. This doesn't mean that a difficult life of a particular cell has to be experienced for all of eternity. It isn't until we experience our entire self/body that eternity is revealed."

Another thing, it's sometimes hard for me to figure out in my mind journeys what is a piece
Finally, think of this. Whenever a person is melting with another person, or into the higher self, there is no loss of the "I". It is as if you are more experienced, like you once were a child, and now you are grown, but still "I".

"I've been thinking the same way lately. It isn't a matter of losing the small I. It is more of a matter of becoming the total you.  If you're standing on a plateu and looking at a beautiful view that stretches out for miles, why focus your attention on just one little part of what can be seen?"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.