Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Belief System Crash Recovery (Read 31859 times)
Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Belief System Crash Recovery
Jun 21st, 2006 at 6:15pm

To All,

Finally had a chance to start reading posts in the original thread and I must say it does my heart good to read about your experiences.  Techniques and methods for accelerating recovery from belief system crashes is a topic I would really like to learn more about.  Maybe some of you have already posted about how you recovered, maybe some of you will yet.  I'd like to learn more from you so I can teach more to folks going through the experience.

So far I see it as a process of reintegrating one's identity.  The comment someone made that it is like being born again really resonates with me.  It's like some or most of who we knew ourselves to be died and is gone.  And with that death we begin to learn who we have become and integrate the 'new me' into the 'what's left of the old me.'

Doing things we liked to do before the events that caused the crash are one way I have found to accelerate the reintegration.  These things are sort of parts of our identity that existed before the crash and survived it.  Doing those things seems to serve as an anchor to hold us in 'reality' as we discover more about the 'new me' and integrate it into the 'what's left of me.'  I know this works, from my experience and that of others, but I'd like to learn more about how you dealt with the crash and reintegrated/recovered.  Maybe you have a different perspective and a better way?

Thanks,

Bruce

IP Logged

Cosmic_Ambitions

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Belief System Crash Recovery
Reply #1 - Jun 22nd, 2006 at 1:00am

Greetings Bruce! I haven't heard from you on the board for awhile... I hope that you are doing well!

You are right about doing things that we liked to do before the events that caused the crash. This is what I had to do in order to anchor myself and to reintegrate within my new identity. It was all a very difficult undertaking for me, but by anchoring those agreeable pieces of my prior self to that of my newly developing self it helped me to become reborn without feeling completely lost in the process...

What you described is exactly what helped me to pull myself back together; and to become stronger, and ever-evolving.

PUL,
Cosmic_Ambitions

Would there be this eternal seeking if the found existed?~Antonio Porchia&&Before enlightenment-chop wood, carry water.  After enlightenment-chop wood, carry water.~Zen Buddhist Proverb&&And remember, no matter where you go, there you are.~Confucius

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #2 - Jun 22nd, 2006 at 12:54pm

Ditto for me. Actually, I didn't have any belief system crashes until 2 years ago and it was something very personal and I did come out of it but it took a lot of work on my part.

But when I first started out, I was so very open to learning and I accepted everything that I read in Bruce's books as fact (literally) so that when I did my first retrieval, I was overjoyed. I was so hungry for all this that when it unfolded for me, I was so happy and no crashes for me then. Wink

Now as for the big crash two or so years ago, I had my hopes built up for something and it didn't come to pass. Things weren't as I had been told they were. I eventually moved from where I was and came back here to WA state to live once again. I can't really say what brought me out of it other than a lot of praying, talking to guidance, a lot of meditation and as Bruce said, doing things that I had done before the crash.   The crash caused me to not be able to eat much (I lost 20 lbs. in 8 weeks), have the runs almost constantly, couldn't sleep, had panic attacks (I have PTSD) and I'd thought those were over. It took a lot, even seeing a Psychiatrist but I finally, gradually overcame it, thank God.  Smiley

With Love, Mairlyn Wink

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #3 - Jun 22nd, 2006 at 6:13pm

This is a good subject to talk about and learn from the experiences of everyone. 

Based on my personal experiences and those of others I've come in contact with I think these crashes can range from mild to extreme.  I have found that when they are on the more extreme side that these people are truly creating themselves anew and that it's a process of incarnation that actually takes us our entire lifetime to complete. 

Sometimes we complete it early and leave at a young age like we've all talked about here.  I also believe that sometimes we have the opportunity to complete an incarnation and choose not to leave, but instead create a new incarnation using our same body vehicle. 

I think many of the more major crashes that last for a couple of years, this is what is happening.  In these cases, it is sometimes difficult to fall back on the familiar things we loved doing previously as we no longer are interested in those things.  This also seems to add to the overall difficulty because there isn't much left of the "old me" and the person hasn't learned much about the "new me" to identify with this person.

I went through this about twenty plus years ago.  It was when I developed one of my favorite sayings... I love me just the way I am, no matter what way that may be.  Repeating this or something similar to yourself often can help especially when they attached gentle, loving feelings for their self when they repeat it.  It also helps to not have expectations about what you should do or should not do.  Follow your heart.

Love, Kathy Smiley

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #4 - Jun 22nd, 2006 at 8:36pm

Very wise Kathy. In VA, I put a sign on my bathroom room that said "I love myself unconditionally."  It was a constant reminder.  I need to do that here too. It might help my daughter and grandchildren.

Blessings, Mairlyn

Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Ricardo

Spiritualist, Astral Traveler

Chattanooga, Tn
Reply #5 - Jun 25th, 2006 at 10:37pm

Hi Bruce, Kathy and Mair, I too went thru about slightly over one year of a severe crash, and I had to stay away from the forums reading anything at all related to the afterlife...this was just  after reading Bruces 4th book and beginning to see the truth and things happening in my life, its as you said I watched parts of the old system falling away in chunks and the regrowing of a new thinking to replace it with. Not having anyone to talk to locally I was stuck with trying to reach out on line and I would say that helped more than anything to put myself back together again. I found I had a spirit guide and I could talk to him and he had a name that was verified to me which shook me up pretty bad....but then I had known since I was 12-13 years old that some thing was amiss in my life and I was trying to find it...reading all the books I could get my hands on from Ruth Montgomery, Sylvia Brown, Robert Monroe...his grabbed me the hardest until I started on Bruces series of books, these took me to the point where I could really see myself for what I was and could be....it was a shock...relatives all thought I had gone south for good(mentally)..being from a strong Baptist background and having guilt feelings too on top of the belief system falling away...it was a trip for sure. They still are praying for me constantly...I don't mind...we can all use the prayer..LOL But I was shocked this last trip to the family reunion and my next youngest sister was reading a Ruth Montgomery book...I about fell out! And she was asking me questions about the afterlife and telling me stuff! I tread lightly here as I don't encourage anyone who does not feel led by spirit to take the roads I have taken...but I know now why I was born into this life, I know the purpose of all lives on this physical earth we call c-1, I know that God resides in all of us and we have no reason for guilt for anything...that we are all basically one. And learning to love unconditionally is what its all about...even Jesus when he walked the earth...was giveing the same message...tho the different religions have about diluted his teachings until they most likely favor nothing to what was really said by him. The real life, the real beginning starts when we leave the physical...as Marilyn said once on the other forum, I want to pass while fully conscious....ME TOO! I want to experience the change to pure consciousness...if its anything like some of the lucid dreams I have....I am ready willing and able...LOL

But thanks to you Bruce for being a mentor to lots of us...some unknown maybe to you, others I'm sure you are aware of too...but you have made a big difference in lots of peoples lives. Its amazing what effect one person can have on others...all of us..one word, some times has a big effect on someone without us realizing it at all! I know you have sacrificed a lot to do the teaching and programs, books, etc...giving up basically a good career with good rewards monetarily anyway to help others and it takes a lot of love to do that...you gotta love what you do...and you show it too...so I only wish I could give back what I have taken in some way.

Didn't mean to write a book...just got started and it kept on coming...LOL Thanks to all for listening.

Love, Ricardo Smiley

When you unite with me you are uniting without the ego, because I have renounced the ego in myself and therefore cannot unite with yours. Our union is therefore the way to renounce the ego in you.&&&&THE DISAPPEARANCE OF THE UNIVERSE
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #6 - Jun 25th, 2006 at 11:17pm

thanks for posting Rick I enjoyed your post. you remind me things I've forgotten. yes, Bruce is a mentor for me as well. its good to just say it like it is. and so is Monroe and a few others. its just great to talk here as you say..we can share stuff here we wouldn't share anywhere else. you are giving back what you've taken by posting..thats my feeling. Kiss  yea, I'm like you and Mair..I want to be WIDE awake when I pass, and not a single fear or guilt inside me..ooouuuweee! gonna fly sweetie pie!  belief system crashes...I agree, you start to notice you are thinking differently than before..noticing a situation in a different light..plugged into something new. has anyone been in love here? lol. I'm sure everyone knows about the honeymoon part? well, for me, crashing would be gradual and then boom! it would be like falling in love. everything becomes new..and you're so darn grateful because the newness stays with you. you are just not the same person. you can still get down on yourself, but not as far down as you had gone before, so each crash takes you higher into PUL where not less adventure is, but more adventures in consciousness.
I didn't have any crashes with Bruce's books, I just thought heres a bloke I like, lets see, what's he gonna do next? lol. reading Curiosity's story was my very favorite. and its right here on this site to read under resources and free articles. knew I'd found a home when I read it. oh, ACIM crashed me badly before coming here, but it just made me cry all the tears up inside. I didnt' think that was a crash..just an emptying out. you see, it made me realize I WAS loved. there was a spirit in the room disaplining my wandering mind. if that aint love, it don't exist. if you feel PUL washing over you in waves, something is happening for sure. thats when the guilt started to disappear forever, but the mental work had just begun.

hugs and I love this board and the people here. alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Ricardo

Spiritualist, Astral Traveler

Chattanooga, Tn
Reply #7 - Jun 26th, 2006 at 12:51am

SmileyThinking a little more and reading all the posts, I would have to agree that its like being reborn again only a little bit at a time instead of all at once...one time I got so wrought up that I went out on my concrete driveway in a pouring winter rain barefoot just to ground myself...I was having trouble accepting that my reality and lucid dreaming were becoming entangled to the point that I worried about my sanity for a few months...thats when I backed off to give time to digest more of what had happened to me...then about that time the knocking on the walls at 4:44 am started and I heard someone calling my name out loud and no one home but me and the dog and he didn't speak that well! The knocking came from the kitchen wall between the bedroom and kitchen...so no way it was outside the house...I think the lady who died before me was doing it maybe...tho I guess she approved or so I perceived that anyway as she liked dogs too.
Yes I felt the waves of PUL washing over me, caused some tears to flow too....almost as bad as merging with my girlfriend from HS while visiting with relatives crossed over. That is what started  me on the road to recovery I think....realizing that hey this is real and its happening so may as well enjoy the ride and quit sweating it...LOL

I have read Curosity at least three times, I get more each time...

Sorry I can't stop at times, I guess it needs to come out, LR has heard it many times so I know she knows most of it by heart and Mair too...LOL But it feels so GOOD!!

In Constant Gratitude.

Love, Ricardo

When you unite with me you are uniting without the ego, because I have renounced the ego in myself and therefore cannot unite with yours. Our union is therefore the way to renounce the ego in you.&&&&THE DISAPPEARANCE OF THE UNIVERSE
IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #8 - Jun 28th, 2006 at 5:18pm

Like being reborn again..i like that  Cheesy

i think it also what  happens to you in corolation with other people following along similar paths (Bruce/RAM) and little me, that there is more that we can perceived in waking life.

I believe there is more to existence, despite not having had an official OBE as such, well maybe a few little ones, not enough though.

I find it impossible to believe that (these Guys..Smiley  were crazy and so are a lot of you out there including myself, and luckily I’ve had a few minor experiences that provide some glue to keep everything from falling apart into uncertainty.

So here I am, reducing my ego much faster than I was before I knew all or part of this, because there is more to myself and much more to discover.

However, feeling  like I’m becoming less human, maybe I should re-phrase that, maybe not less human, just (growing) more spirit, and (achieving) a different ratio between the two.
I look at life in a more objective way, so I’ve basically became less human because I’m growing more spiritually and I believe that human existence is not all there is!!

OK, I’m a human being, and I experience this existence, or life drama as some of you pointed out. I do participate in this life drama… Smiley and hopefully I will become saner in this life drama, as Bruce said.
I can only speak for myself, about what I’ve been able to learn, and how I’ve changed. Try this on and see it if fits..Smiley
< I’m less concern about being better than those around me.>
< I’m trying to be less impatient with people, I’m alert for anything I can learn from them even how not to be if that’s the lesson>
< I’ve learn to be much less “closed” with people, allow them to see a side hat I may not have (willingly)show before.>
<I try not to get angry anymore or upset such a waste of positive energy.>
<And I try not to fret over things I have no control over and what a releave this is..lol>
Those are human qualities that I’ve lost, glad I did in a way and I wish more humans would too. And I laugh a lot more and enjoying this life more than ever..

Is this what they call a believe crash..maybe it is..but i do feel much better that i did before knowing all this..Like being reborn again...i like that and may claim it as my own.. Roll Eyes

Thank you for listening
With Love
Romain

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #9 - Jul 1st, 2006 at 2:36am

Hi Romain. you expressed yourself well; I resonated that the same thing happened to me. I've been a contemplative all my life, but five years ago after coming here some fantanstic spiritual things started happening for me and it started with reading Bruce's vision of a wave of, well,  curious energy with potential? floating in space checking this and that out and being pulled in by the gravitational field of the lovely, compelling green and blue earth. for she is compelling in the end. she is mother.
then, I do my own take on Bruce's vision as well he might expect me to anyway.
I feel very close to Bruce. perhaps we are the same disc or I am from a neighboring disc. I don't worry about the details right now. this explosion of life that happened is very much like the big bang to me. I can go from the premise we are one, but now it is as if we are separate beings for consciousness has individuated. my, we do insist on being individuals, so it might be hard to fathom such a vision as Bruce's for some, but not for me.

now lets get more practical or is it pragmatic, whichever it is I like what you said and its true for me also. you said: I can only speak for myself
____
right. how true. I can't even speak for my children anymore...they are starting to outdo me..thank god! I wish I could take credit for that.
_____

, about what I’ve been able to learn, and how I’ve changed.
____
I've changed too, all of it positive. I wish I could share it.
____

Try this on and see it if fits..
_____
believe me, it fits! lol.
_____
< I’m less concern about being better than those around me.
____
this statement to me means you're not competitive. no commercials for Romain. he's another real thing here. I too could care less about being on top of the heap whatever that means.
_____

< I’m trying to be less impatient with people
_____
me too. I try to be less judgmental, use less "shoulds" on myself and others.
_____

I’m alert for anything I can learn from them even how not to be if that’s the lesson
____
precisely. sometimes people will surprise you and u learn everything you thought about them was not true. I love those moments. I laff at myself if I have to eat my words. I expect others to forgive me because I want to learn what forgiveness is.
____

< I’ve learn to be much less “closed” with people, allow them to see a side hat I may not have (willingly)show before
_____
this really hits home too. maybe we can call it spontaneity instead of being run by a programmed belief. I'm in that process now with a creativity drive. u know I'm a musician and Romain is one also, well the best music comes from being less closed and more open to the flow of the ideas expressed in music. I sometimes show my own self a side of me I've never seen before..but that makes me more accepting of seeing the many sides of others too.
_____

I try not to get angry anymore or upset such a waste of positive energy
____
me too. life has become precious, even to a moment. and I don't want to waste a moment being drained of all the good thats going on by being angry. as I got older I focused on what brings joy, and you are younger than me and already waking up to
not sweat the small stuff.
_____
And I try not to fret over things I have no control over and what a releave this is..lol
____
I usually spend a fair amount of time fretting but then it leads me to some meditative state..or I fall asleep and dream the answer or meet a guide who reminds me I'm not always thinking of the highest good for all and I might have to open my mind further to what that is going to look like in actuality. it never fails that what is looking bleak at first somehow turns out positive in the end, and so I wasted a lot of time fretting over nothing! lol. many times had to remind self to not sweat the small stuff.

and last but not least I too laugh a lot more and enjoy life a lot more. I seem to have everything I could possibly want now. anything else would just be frosting on the cake. thanks again Romain, I feel like I could talk to you for hours. hugs, alysia

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #10 - Jul 1st, 2006 at 2:55am

Rick said: Thinking a little more and reading all the posts, I would have to agree that its like being reborn again only a little bit at a time instead of all at once
____
I'd have to say, this is true for me too. the rebirth started in 1989 after reading a course in miracles. I couldn't read any more books after that. sort of went into spiritual limbo land where I was waiting for god to take the final step. then in 1999 I made a move to Washington and started getting involved with people on forums and experienced a spurt of growth which I relate to as being reborn slowly.
____

...one time I got so wrought up that I went out on my concrete driveway in a pouring winter rain barefoot just to ground myself...I was having trouble accepting that my reality and lucid dreaming were becoming entangled to the point that I worried about my sanity for a few months
____
see, this is similar what happened to Monroe. he sought help at first, all his obes made him think he was crazy, as nobody talks about this much. thank god he got over his feelings of being odd man out. I needed the info I got from his books. and I'd like to hear more about the night in the rain Rick, I'm sure there was a turning point for u there.
____

Yes I felt the waves of PUL washing over me
____
the most intense times I felt the PUL wash over me was reading ACIM. I laid down so many programs at that time I just came away empty, like starting over.
____

caused some tears to flow too....almost as bad as merging with my girlfriend from HS while visiting with relatives crossed over. That is what started  me on the road to recovery I think....realizing that hey this is real and its happening so may as well enjoy the ride and quit sweating it...LOL
____
yes, its real. but we only believe our senses. for me love is the most real of all; u just can't make sense out of it because its not what this concrete world is about.
____

Sorry I can't stop at times, I guess it needs to come out, LR has heard it many times so I know she knows most of it by heart and Mair too...LOL But it feels so GOOD!!
____
you know Gene Kelly "GOTTA DANCE!" thats all..you have to dance my friend, just expressing is a dance. thanks for being there for me. someday I'm gonna tell folks what u did for me. its just hard to put in words is all! hugs, alysia

IP Logged

jkeyes

Tucson,Az
Reply #11 - Jul 1st, 2006 at 3:51pm

Hi Guys,

Today is the first day, since my last postings, that I’ve been able to feel good enough to follow through with logging in (thanks Bruce) because Valley Fever (4,000 cases in Az as of the news last week and all I keep thinking is that if I were betting the lottery I doubt that I would have been included in the group of 4,000 winners Undecided) got the best of me by the end of April.  I’m still recovering from a major systems crash due to being in a drug induced coma for 2-3 weeks for repair work.  During the coma I had a variety of experiences including visiting and working with my soul group.

This experience occurred during the early part of my coma but because of the Monroe/Moen reading and research I had done, I think that I was better able to recognize it and to request a firm clear message to take with me when I knew it was time to return here. As for the month of June, it was spent on the couch in front of the tv due to my whole digestive system deciding to throw out the good bacteria with the bad.  I suspect that was my physical body going threw a systems crash as a result of the medications pumped in to this none med person.   

Anyhow I’m back and look forward to reconnecting.  Maybe you guys can help my digest what the heck happened, I know for me it was a pretty huge road sign. As I read these posts, I notice that the physical symptoms I’m experiencing are not all that unusual (similar to Mair’s) and I need time to recover but I do tend to get hysterical when I remember that there is a time limit concerning my job and no great insights have appeared.  For me, all of these concerns are my special brand of Systems Crash.    

I very much value what I have learned these past 2 months and grateful that I was smart enough to follow the afterlife knowledge path but I do get a little crazy when my next move is not clear and I’ve let go of the first trapeze bar but not yet grasping the other one.

As you all probably figured out, a lot has been going concerning my systems crash but the easiest part was when I was in the midst of the early part of the hospital stay and realized that I had to just trust and yield to the situation but now I on my own again with my untrusting tendencies to decide??? I gotta stop or I'll never post.

Thanks for being here. Cried with relief when I finally was able to post again. 

Love, Jean Kiss

p.s. I have so many stories and the mind is indeed very active when in a coma. Jk 

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #12 - Jul 1st, 2006 at 4:11pm

Wow!!!  All I can say right now is what a fantastic story. I'm getting the strangest feeling that you had to go through all this so that we can learn from you. I'm so happy you're back and just try to let it flow (your next move). The trapeze bar will come to you. It takes awhile to rebuild a life again.

I'm also very much looking forward to your stories of when you were in your coma. Shocked

With Love,
Mairlyn

Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

jkeyes

Tucson,Az
Reply #13 - Jul 1st, 2006 at 4:43pm

Dear Marilyn,

I'm still reeling but fortunatly yesterday I realized, since the latest stomach med was working, thanks to research done on HIV, that it was time to get off the couch, store the tv (not that I didn't learn a lot about what's happening), and work on the pc.

I do view the whole thing as an ongoing adventure with amazing happenings including those taking place in my mind and the unbeleivable reconnections with sons, brothers, friends, and coworkers.

For me, part of the key is being here with you guys to work it through.

Love, Jean Kiss

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #14 - Jul 2nd, 2006 at 1:34am

Hi Jean. we're still connected. I think with some, I get a hint of how we are together in oneness, the one mind that connects us all. what I mean specifically, I don't call myself a psychic person..its just a spiritual connection and maybe because I truly believe in the we are one concept and life shows me this. whenever I begin thinking of a person, its so subtle in the subconscious. just floating thoughts. your name has been on my mind about a week. I wondered then I got the thought something was going on. I thought it might be your husband, then I thought its even more than that, like a major overhaul. I recalled your last post and made some associations with that but didn't get too far. I just knew too much time had gone by. well I thought she will probably be back as anytime I get that feeling and start thinking about someone, they show up and here you are!
don't mean to talk about me too much. I am glad you are back and wasn't a bit surprised! lol. am awaiting to read you further when you get time and inspiration, but don't push yourself right now too hard. I feel you need to be gentle with yourself after all you've been through. have your hair done. do a bubble bath. something just for you and you alone.

with love, alysia

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.