Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Retrieving An Aspect of Self (Read 5346 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Retrieving An Aspect of Self
Jul 11th, 2006 at 11:28pm

Hi everyone.  Recently I was talking with Bruce about self retrievals and it really got me so curious about this aspect of retrievals.  I want to learn more about it, especially the concept of retrieving a part of your self from this present lifetime.  That is fascinating to me.

I know that the "self" part is something I have been avoiding.  I admit, I'm kind of scared to do a self retrieval.  I think that's because of all the talk of belief system crashes, of which I'm proud to say I haven't had one.  Unless I'm just really good at denial. 

I am well aware of many painful parts of my life.  I've managed to stuff them down and not have to deal with them, but perhaps that is only an illusion.  Maybe we are never really ok just by forgetting the bad stuff.  But that's where my fear lies, having to reintegrate and remember painful parts of my life.  I know that self retrievals don't have to be painful, but I'm just being honest about my apprehensions.

So, I'm hoping that this fear won't block me from being able to experience a self retrieval.  I tried the self retrieval exercise with Bruce's CD's tonight and at first I thought the process was going very well.  I had no trouble at all getting very deeply relaxed, but the problem is, I either clicked out or simply fell asleep. 

I remember coming and going at different times while listening to his voice.  I would try to remember anything but any memory left me so quickly.  His talking me through going to the park and swinging on the swing was wonderful so I'm glad I was conscious for that.  I really got into it, and forgot how much fun a swing used to be.  Then I got interrupted just before imagining the helper coming, so unfortunately I didn't finish the exercise and therefore I don't have anything to report.

I will keep trying and will definitely report something when I get it. 

If anyone has some good advice I'd love to hear it.

Love, Vicky
Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Re: Retrieving An Aspect of Self
Reply #1 - Jul 12th, 2006 at 9:59am

Great, Vicky!
I bet now that you're used to being in the park you won't get distracted from your intent the next time. Have you chosen what part you want to retrieve or are you letting your guides decide? I had been given the suggestion to let them decide and that is working well for me.
Also, on Bruce's publisher's newsletter there's a neat healing exercise with cartoons that was very helpful. I'm planning a self retrieval too and am going to see if cartoon characters could help me out with it, just to keep down any fear factor ( Winkadding a Disneyland section to the park maybe?).
Self-retrievals seem more permanent than healings, so congratulations on your taking that step!
bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #2 - Jul 13th, 2006 at 6:10pm

First for both of you, I'd put my fear, any fear, in the Bob Monroe ECB, Energy Conversion Box.  I still do this and then I have no fear nor anything else getting in the way.

Just picture a large box of any type in your mind and designate it as your ECB. Put anything in there that might get in the way of any meditation -- paying bills, fear, etc.  Then close the heavy lid and forget about it. It really works. Wink

Love, Mairlyn

PS Also remember that Love and fear cannot exist at the same time so fill your hearts with LOVE.

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #3 - Jul 14th, 2006 at 9:07pm

Hi Vicky. your post reminds me of reading where Bruce did a self retrieval of the moment his heart became closed as a little boy. at the time I was a little astounded as something clicked in me too, that I was master closed off person and I wondered when it all started. continuing to read that perhaps I could get guides to assist me whom were always invisible btw, but I thought perhaps they can see I'd like to do retrievals. so I started doing retrievals according to what I'd picked up in Bruce's books. one day I asked to do my usual retrieval, imagining a guide standing by to take me somewhere so I could "help" someone. took awhile to realize they had taken me to my own child self..I must say the child did look familiar! I joked with the guides in my head..u pulled a fast one on me I said!  but I was grateful to find the little tyke, my goodness, she had closed down very young; around 3 years old. she had to for self protection, so not to get hurt from being ignored. I think she held a question did she have the right to be born?

I Ijust checked its roadsign 17, self-retrieval baby steps I called it. it deserved its own chapter it was so life changing and helped to mend my relationship with my mother.  I think you might be setting yourself up to explore a self retrieval to because of your open question. your guides can see your questions and will respond when you get ready. I think you read it a long time ago when I posted it here.

you could also think upon a happy childhood incident first, then if theres anything painful you're hiding to yourself, the guides would gently lead you there to fix it. once you start fixing it you continue to get help by trying to find the love and focus on that. I like the energy basket idea, to lay the fear there until you get back. what I did was just trust the guides. I just knew anything that happened that long ago couldn't hurt me now could it? it did hurt briefly but it taught me to forgive too, so that was the freeing part of it; then the heart opens a crack wider so thats the good thing about self retrievals.

I feel you are going to go far to take this path Vicky. I am right with you all the way dear. hugs, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #4 - Jul 15th, 2006 at 11:13pm

Thanks for all your suggestions and support, I have good friends here.  You all have good advice.  Alysia, yes I do think I am setting myself up for one, I feel it.  I am looking forward to it.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Cathy_B

South Australia
Reply #5 - Jul 16th, 2006 at 1:18am

Hi vicky
I have done something similar while doing "breathwork" with a councellor. Going back and rescuing the child me of this life time, so I guess this is just taking it that bit further.
Must admit when I read about retrieving the missing partsof me it all made perfect sense.
i do need to back and re-read  Bruce's books because I had them all on loan and once I started I had to finish them. they were too intriguing to put down. Hence I think I need to back and re read and re read them.
love to all

Hold fast to dreams&&For if dreams die&&Life is a broken-winged bird&&That cannot fly. &&&&Langston Hughes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.