Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
What Is Your Job? (Read 19586 times)
Spitfire
Ex Member

Re: What Is Your Job?
Reply #15 - Jan 3rd, 2006 at 7:36pm

All you need to do is read my banner.

Make her pay!

IP Logged

PhoenixRa
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jan 4th, 2006 at 2:36pm

Hi there P.A.,

I agree with you, but i didn't technically quit, and didn't think my impersonal note explaining that i didn't want to be scheduled certain times etc. was reason to fire me, and didn't honestly feel i would be fired because of that.

There is another guy which works days, who doesn't do his job, reguarly steals from the company, comes in when he feels like it, etc. and who all the co-workers one day have complained about, doesn't get any heat...  Why, cause apparently Da boss lady knows him, and hired him because of some "special" previous to work bond. 

Hi there Jeff,

Thanks for the support and condolences.  Actually didn't really think about the holiday being involved, and don't really care either way since its just another day to me....but i definitely see her point.

Yup, karma is a beeatch i agree, though i'm not upset anymore.  How can i take it personally when i first met her, i felt how unhappy she was, just suffering acting out.   

Still, venting can be a theraputic thing, if only just to talk about things eh?  I've been going through A LOT lately with my Fiance, my alcoholic dad, and other stuff.   I hope my Total Self knows what it is doing, cause i'm beginning to feel like i'm reaching the breaking point....  Do have a strong feeling that when i come through this stuff, i will be a new reborn person....

Geesh, no wonder why Cayce said of the Planet Saturn (going over my Rising sign now) "That to which all insuffient matter is cast for the remolding"   

Yeah, growth through pain, trial and fire.  Lol eventually i will have to learn how to love the heat....

Hi there Lydia,

Thanks too for your support Smiley  Better things must be on the horizon, or so i am telling myself lately...  Maybe its one of those blessing in disquises type dealios?

Hope you are feeling better too lately.

Hey there Recoverer,

Lol well i don't think any of us have always been nice people.   Even the Jesus Soul apparently didn't always hold to Gods way in his other incarnations, though he has many spiritual Teacher types in his Disk.

Cayce once made a reference to development within the Earth, when a man flippantly asked if he would reach perfection in that life or next life.  He mentioned Dr. J, and said something like "perfection is not possible until you have had some 30 lifetimes"

Which seems to infer thats how many lives it took for Dr. J to get it fully right.   

I believe the source was referring to Souls immersed within the ELS, and not those that Monroe saw come in much later from advanced systems to have a "one time" experience and then lift off.

The cycle then in the far future is very, very, very fast vibrating, and these Souls were never immersed in the Earth system like most of us.  Came in directly for a bit of Earth experience from an advanced system at an ideal time, to get in touch with the "feeling" level, then leave to more expanded realities....

IP Logged

PhoenixRa
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jan 4th, 2006 at 2:39pm

Spitfire, i've tried that whole get even thing before, and it always has made me feel pretty crappy about myself, though at first it seemed "satifying".

So, why would i want to put myself in a bad mood?  Cause and effect....

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #18 - Jan 4th, 2006 at 3:16pm

An added note to spitfire:

Why would you want to do something to cause another person suffering, simply because he or she hasn't had a chance to learn all of his or her lessons yet.

Quote:
 Spitfire, i've tried that whole get even thing before, and it always has made me feel pretty crappy about myself, though at first it seemed "satifying".

So, why would i want to put myself in a bad mood?  Cause and effect....

IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Jan 4th, 2006 at 3:20pm

Quote:
An added note to spitfire:

Why would you want to do something to cause another person suffering, simply because he or she hasn't had a chance to learn all of his or her lessons yet.

Make sure they learn there lesson, and to make them learn it faster.

IP Logged

bets
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Jan 8th, 2006 at 10:01am

PhoenixRa,
So sorry to hear you're unemployed awhile.  What a time of year to have it happens, but that's new beginnings! Now'd be a good time to imagine the best job possible for yourself.  You outgrew that crew!
bets

IP Logged

PhoenixRa
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Jan 9th, 2006 at 2:17am

Hey Bets, thanks a bunch for the condolences.

While i agree with P.A. on this thread about there not being such a thing as a perfect job, except for what you make of it...

My last job before this one was much more rewarding.  

I was an in-home care service provider (for some older folks who had either physical or mental disabilities), and really felt i was helping people, and in turn that seems to help yourself...

It wasn't an easy job by any means, and there were a lot of untasteful and dowright depressive aspects to the job (especially for an 'empath' type like me), but it was worth it..

I'm gonna try to get back into that kind of line of work i think.  Its more fulfilling, and i don't care about money, never have.  

Thanks again, and hope this New year is going good for you to Smiley

Peace,
Justin

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jan 10th, 2006 at 6:30am

Well, I missed out on all this.

Hmmn. I guess my job is to change.  And change EVERYTHING.  Forget about your plan.  There is no plan.  It ALL has to go before we get to our final destination.

At least that's what's happening now for me, personally.  There isn't anything I'm not going to be giving up this spring.  It's ALL going.  That may sound radical, but to achieve transformation it's the only way.

They say that to gain our souls we must be willing to lose everything, Justin.

But when we meet up with our souls, that's got to be something....what do you think?

love, blink

IP Logged

PhoenixRa
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Jan 10th, 2006 at 2:34pm

I agree, but i'm not ready to take the final plunge, and to lose everything.

Too many attachments....

When Becky kicked me out during the argument, i was going to live in the woods (didn't have any place to go, very little money as well), and see how that went.  Part of me wanted to test myself, and see if i could 'lose' everything and have no attachments, go within more and more.  Be only dependant on God and nature...

Then, during the changes come out and try to be of help.

Yet, i'm too attached to Becky, and the comforts of civilization.  Either way, i think civilization is going to be crashing soon enough in the U.S., so maybe i don't need to force the process?  Or is that just an ego excuse?

I doubt you will answer, but what are you giving up in the Spring?  How are you transforming...what is the outer catalyst that is, or will faciliate that?  Or the outer indication of the inner process?

Either way, am seeing you meet your Soul, seeing you embrace, and meld into an actualized One. Smiley

Peace,
Justin

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Jan 12th, 2006 at 6:55am

Well, Justin,

I have found that when I focus on change in my meditation with a completely open mind then things really move quickly and the unimportant things in my life are "burnt" out in "fire" as you say. 

I am divorcing (in friendship), moving to a new neighborhood, giving up most of my material possessions and money to my much older husband, embracing a new friendship with an old boyfriend who encourages a creative path.  Hmmmn, well, I guess I'm not giving up my "day job" which is a clerical one in the area of social work.

But, yes, you could definitely say I'm giving up everything to gain my soul. Today is MOVING DAY....for me and for all of us.

love, blink

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #25 - Jan 12th, 2006 at 11:37am

Justin

just curious

will you file for unemployment? I don't think what they did was legal, but then VA is a far way off from MA (I grew up in AR btw). I'm not a fan of unions, but I will say we seem to have better protection here in MA. There are labor laws about when you can be asked to work, and I believe here you woud have been eligible for unemployment depending on a few variables. Also, isn't that chain a national one? Even if the franchise is locally owned, appeal to the parent company mighr be productive. Though, obviously, you don't want the job back.

Not sure where you are....but even when I lived in the country in NC I wasn't that far from a college, which always makes other opportunites available.

IP Logged

PhoenixRa
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Jan 13th, 2006 at 12:37am

Hi Lucy,

I don't know, i wasn't there for too long, just a month and a half.  I've never tried to get unemployment before, dunno why, but never tried. 

I actually moved to VA from MA about 5 months ago, and because of lack of transportation, had a hard time finding work for awhile in this little town.   

I had ordered a brand new scooter (highway legal, practically a small motorcyle 250 cc) a few weeks after moving down here, and it was supposed to take less than a couple of months, but the place i ordered it from kept running into delays from their dealer in China...  At first i thought maybe i was sheisted..since well i ordered if off E-bay, but my feelings told me to trust him... and i waited, i waited, and waited some more (did get a little reimburstment which helped with the bills).

Just got the thing yesterday, was pretty excited and happy, even though there was more than a bit of shipping damage (broken windshield, paint scruffs, little dents).   But the important thing is that it works and i now have transportation, and the winter here has been unusually mild!   Its been in the mid 50's and higher lately, and being used to MA winters especially in Jan. thats like springtime almost Wink.

I see what you are saying, but i don't know what good it would do...  I've noticed that corporate people are...well corporate people...   I'm just gonna let it go and hope i find something better soon.

I'm not in dire financial straights, as i live very cheaply, and Becky makes enough for both of us in the mean time.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to reply...  And you're very right, VA is a very long way from MA...much more so than just distance...

I'm not much of a 'misser' type person, but in some respects, i very much miss MA.  There are great things about VA, but i have a hard time vibing with the overall attitude and ways of doing things... Its great how friendly the majority of folks are down here, but a lot of it is surface niceness and caring about what others think sometimes...  I'd much rather have people be 'real' to me anyday, then smile and think nasty thoughts.   But a lot are very genuinely nice.

Take care Lucy,
Justin

IP Logged

PhoenixRa
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Jan 13th, 2006 at 12:41am

Hi Blink,

Thanks for sharing, and hope/am seeing everything going well for you for the highest good for all.

You strike me as a very, very brave person.  I admire you a lot more than you probably would know.

Peace,
Justin

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #28 - Jan 13th, 2006 at 1:27pm

Justin

You didn't work long enuf to collect.

My dad was born on the coast (VA) and grew up in Roanoke (and went to VMI, but that is another story!)

I live between the bean town and the cape. Where you from (roughly) ?

You might could make money here with your astrology but I don't know if you can in VA. The bike sounds like fun. I personally woul dlike to try one of those two-wheeled scooter things (if someone gave it to me) but I think it would be safer to ride, there. There was a big deal made over its invention.

Since we are talking jobs...I must be one of the most mainstream folks here (unless there are some lawyers or CEOs, and Matthew hardly sounds like the top brass at Mass General [thank god!]); I work in Cambridge at a small biotech.

IP Logged

bets
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Jan 15th, 2006 at 9:52am

greetings--
"What is your job?"
I've been an artist, a teacher, and a learning-media center supervisor. I think I've always sought out quiet places to work.
Another question that might go along with this is have we taken the web version of the Myers-Briggs personality profile to see if we have traits in common?
Can anyone explain that profiling system , maybe start a new thread?
bets

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.