Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Deletion of Spitfire's thread (Read 13098 times)
DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Deletion of Spitfire's thread
May 14th, 2006 at 7:18pm

I had seen earlier that Craig's goodbye thread had been moved to the off topic area.  Now, it is gone.   What happened here?

Matthew

IP Logged

AH1976

Midlands, UK
Re: Deletion of Spitfire's thread
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2006 at 7:35pm

If I had to guess I would say he asked for it to be removed. I doubt they would remove it otherwise. Could be wrong though

IP Logged

Rob_Roy

New Hampshire, USA
Reply #2 - May 14th, 2006 at 7:44pm

I'd like to know too.

IP Logged

SunriseChaos

DARK IS THE NIGHT FOR
ALL.

Reply #3 - May 14th, 2006 at 9:12pm

Please someone let us know what happened to Spitfire's thread.
I don't think he's asked for its deletion. I don't see why he would. It was all full of loving messages from everyone.

Peace.

S.C.

I LOST MY HEART. I BURIED IT TOO DEEP UNDER THE IRON SEA. - KEANE&&------------------------------------------------------------&&LIFE IS WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU WHILE YOU ARE BUSY MAKING OTHER PLANS - JOHN LENNON

IP Logged

paradox
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 14th, 2006 at 11:17pm

I would like to know too. It's starting to feel like a conspiracy is going on here. Shocked

Peace
Paradox

IP Logged

starstream
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 15th, 2006 at 1:31am

I have a pretty good idea,having read both threads before deletion...and I am pretty disgusted.
I had no idea that this site,was so obviously commanded by one or two fluffy bunny types.
Seeing as,I am sure, those ladies know who they are they have achieved objective in getting rid of the "negative aspects" of this site ,namely, Spitfire.
It must be great having a mod in your pocket.
I cannot quote from the postings as the have been removed.
Spitfire may well have been someone who was sure to stir up a discussion,but without those who challenge,question and push the boundaries,we would still be living in the dark ages!
I doubt many other memebers would cause such a feeling of loss,were they to go or be pushed.
Jealousy perhaps?

Anyway,I am likely to follow Spits example,I am sure there are other Forums within the www without such big brother control.

It will be interesting to see how long this post or even this thread lasts.

IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #6 - May 15th, 2006 at 3:36am

I did'nt ask for the thread to be deleted.

The internet i am afraid, breeds a new type of nasty human characteristic.. the lowly coward. If i was face to face and making the same complaints.. im sure they would be far more accomidating.. Im happy, that i am correct that some people's values ar'nt worth much, as there actions display the complete opposite.. love to all, yet they cannot show it on a simple message board - what does that say about them?,and how they would act like in a real life situation?

I also find it intresting, that the people who dont claim to be all loving, displayed the most kindness towards me and others - our actions are the greatest tool to show who we are/what we stand for.. and recently ive seen there's a good few people, throwing character around like confetti... and i wish to thank you.

IP Logged

LaughingRain
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 15th, 2006 at 3:52am

hi there Craig. I wish you well too. you have taught me something about speaking up. for as young as you are, you seem to possess a bit of wisdom in that, you teach that. therefore I thank you and will always remember you for what you taught me.
however, my feeling is that all humans expressing here are simply dust in the wind, myself included of course, therefore, these threads be they kind or unkind will fade away and be crunched up in the monster lips of  the cyber monster. just as our bodies will turn to dust.
also I have discovered love is always conditional on Earth, on the other side, that is the only place we can experience unconditional love, in general.
good luck, although I don't believe in luck, its something we say to each other. alysia

IP Logged

scary_spice
Ex Member

Reply #8 - May 15th, 2006 at 4:17am

Hi All...This is Bruce Moen's money making site and forum....Want me to say more??..Scary_Spice(Yes I'm her)...

IP Logged

paradox
Ex Member

Reply #9 - May 15th, 2006 at 9:03am

Quote:
..as there actions display the complete opposite.. love to all, yet they cannot show it on a simple message board - what does that say about them?,and how they would act like in a real life situation? 

I also find it intresting, that the people who dont claim to be all loving, displayed the most kindness towards me and others ..

The spectrum of Consciousness...what a paradox.

Peace
Paradox

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #10 - May 15th, 2006 at 9:46am

I agree with Alyssia, the threads get buried and pass into the web.  We also are all adults and can handle a little conflict and opinion.  Therefore, the need to delete an entire thread, or comments should be predicated on that thread or those comments being so heinous as to cause someone or a group of people significant distress or harm.

I would prefer if the offending character could be approached by the moderator each time, and they could work it out initially via private messages.  If that failed, then the chopping block would come.  Alas, the axe fell too early on dear Spitfire.

I wish you all well.  I have enjoyed posting here about consciousness and the very nature of existenece, more than retrievals, because that was my interest.  I too, now may read occasionally, but I don't wish to be part of this censorship.

Matthew

IP Logged

augoeideian

South Africa
Reply #11 - May 15th, 2006 at 10:13am

censorship??

&&

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #12 - May 15th, 2006 at 10:34am

Our moderator is moving and deleting posts without a public explanation, despite the fact that many people who have been here quite a while (myself included) object to this in the case of Craig.  

In the past, when Bruce himself moderated, he would post a warning; he did this both in response to Don, and as an explanation for why a thread was modified.  The overwhelming response to that was that there was both warning, input from different sources and a chance to make amends.  

That is what I am talking about.  If you look back on threads that have been left intact, such as in the off topic forum where the title alone bashing all women has been left for months, and you look in the main afterlife forum, many topics have not been moved like these.  Why should some threads remain such as "my girlfriend is a neonazi," etc. when Craig's and ours get deleted?  The rules governing the forum should not be applied to some but not others, if they are both culpable of an infraction... (and don't ask me why the title of a thread bashing all women, or talking of neonazis may be objectionable).

I would love Bruce's input on all of this.  All forums have posting guidelines, however, there is a common loving way to interact with frequent users of the board, including posting a general message or a private message if someone appears to be out of hand as an INITIAL step.  The removal of threads and redirection, without a public explanation is more along the lines of censorship.  Obviously, many on this board agree with my feelings (look at the number of posts/pages) yet we are given no public explanation as Bruce did, nor has anything changed as a result of our appeal.

This bodes poorly for the future.  I hope Bruce returns to address these issues.

Matthew

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #13 - May 15th, 2006 at 10:38am

Hi I think its totally unfair the way that spitfire has been treated by allan and bruce ,if we are all adult enouth to read and take on spitfires honest veiws about things  on here , then they should be adult enough to see that we as adults can answer spitfire in our own way on these topics,where ever you go you get different points of veiw from others ,its whats known as free speech for everyone,cause lets face it ,its the only thing that does come free.Spitfire dont go ,stay we all want you on here.Love and bless you juditha

IP Logged

paradox
Ex Member

Reply #14 - May 15th, 2006 at 10:58am

Quote:
...If you look back on threads that have been left intact, such as in the off topic forum where the title alone bashing all women has been left for months, and you look in the main afterlife forum, many topics have not been moved like these.  Why should some threads remain such as "my girlfriend is a neonazi," etc. when Craig's and ours get deleted?  The rules governing the forum should not be applied to some but not others, if they are both culpable of an infraction...

Matthew,

This is the point I was making in an earlier post on singling out Spitfire.  Well said.

Peace
Paradox

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.