Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
What Is Your Job? (Read 19585 times)
chilipepperflea

Red Hot Chili Pepper Fan!

England
What Is Your Job?
Dec 28th, 2005 at 11:22am

Hey everyone,

I hope quite a few people get to see this. Anyway just wondering what everyone job is? I haven't a clue what I wanna do and love hearing about what other people do, so if you don't mind sharing, I would love to listen!

Cheers, Ryan

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Re: What Is Your Job?
Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2005 at 2:02pm

I was an Administrative Assistant in the Quality Assurance department of Wavecom in Northridge, CA.  I am retired now and a Lightworker.

Love,
Mairlyn Wink

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #2 - Dec 28th, 2005 at 5:36pm

For the past 12 years or so I've been a medical transcriptionist, and within the past 2 years specifically I'm an editor.  I love my job and it's easy, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.  You mess up your wrists and hands doing that much typing. 

I remember for career day in grade 9, I went to spend the day at the veterinarian.  I got to watch a dog get a hysterectomy.  Then they had an emergency.  A cat was hit by a car and brought it.  One of its eyes was dangling out of its face.  I remember the doc just plopping it back in, and then I don't remember anything after that because I nearly passed out.  Needless to say, I knew I couldn't be a vet.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #3 - Dec 29th, 2005 at 12:17am

while raising kids mostly I would take in roomers to help pay rent; this progressed to buying old houses, fixing them, and making a profit on its sale by buying low and selling high. finally made enough money to enable me to sit in front of a computer all day writing! ha ha! am retired now and don't want to fix another pipe or roof for as long as I live!
had a housekeeping business once, raised chickens to sell eggs, grew strawberries, rented pasture, sold junk, did typesetting, threw newspapers, worked for a grocer, was a go go girl, and sang for my supper, well, Ryan, u do what you have to, you know?
what you do is not necessarily who you are love!

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

lydia

MA
Reply #4 - Dec 29th, 2005 at 1:26am

well hmm i work at stop nshop!!!! lol but i am going to college for medical assistant and surgical tech yah two majors at once got my plate full lol, but i love it!!! as for what i want to do and been trying to join the peace corps im going to a meeting in jan so wish me goodluck!

lydia

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #5 - Dec 29th, 2005 at 1:35am

Good luck Lydia. 

Namaste,
Mairlyn Wink

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

DocM

Reply #6 - Dec 29th, 2005 at 9:51am

Were you the one with the carefully crafted smile?

IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 29th, 2005 at 4:56pm

I have a graphic design business.

IP Logged

Cricket

Reply #8 - Dec 29th, 2005 at 5:50pm

I'm a farrier, have been for twenty years.  I used to cook for a living, my mom and I had a cleaning business for a while, I've worked in a factory a couple of times, used to manage a Pizza Hut (can you say fate worse than death), worked for a temp agency for a while...I think that's most of the legal stuff... Wink

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #9 - Dec 30th, 2005 at 8:02pm

Never had a job, got no time for that! Hope someone comes along and PAYS for what I usually do everyday, music playing&editing, painting, photos, digital designing, writing, eating, sleeping, TV, reading, have a walk......

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Jeff Mash
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jan 2nd, 2006 at 3:05pm

I've had a pretty colorful past from being a paid actor to living in Mexico in order to bond with a foreign culture!

Right now, I have two main jobs.  I work in the California Bay Area (Los Altos to be exact) as a tech support engineer for a medical imaging company. 

I also have my own magic company (MJM Magic) that I founded (home business) that is really taking off, and perhaps this year (or early 2007), I will be quitting my other job and pursuing this full time.

IP Logged

PhoenixRa
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jan 3rd, 2006 at 3:47am

I need to vent Angry

Operative word would be What "was" your job, as i just got fired from mine today (yeah, just add that one to the list Total Self, you son of a bleepity bleep, and got in the biggest fight a day before since the dawn of creation with my Twin Soul).

Apparently slavery is still very much alive in the South, and Da Boss man (actually woman) doesn't take kindly to someone sticking up for themsevles.

I work nights, and a physical job to boot, and she started to schedule me during the days occasionally, which would have not been too bad if she wasn't scheduling me for when i was working the night before and the night after the day shift in question! 

Yeah, when am i supposed to sleep?  I'm not a He/She in the sleep department. 

And she would totally change my schedule around after the fact, and she did this to everyone (for the record EVERYONE complained about her, and the position i was in doesn't seem to last to long with anyone person).

Nobody whether full time, or part time was allowed breaks, and from the time i went into work, till the time i went out, i worked with no stopping.   

So i eventually wrote a brief, impersonal, but firm note saying, i'm not going to come in during the day shift if i'm scheduled to work that morning before.  I told her it was inconsiderate to expect that of me, or anyone.  I asked her if she had considered the fact that my job is the most physical there, and the fact that i had aleady told her i was having major sleeping problems for the first time in my life.

I would prefer a more stable schedule, etc. 

So she just bided her time after that, to hire someone else, then just let me go with no warning.   Sneaky so and so (a theme lately)!

Boycott 7-11!  LOL especially the Tappahannock VA 7-11!

Well, i'm not really mad, as i was getting pretty fed up with her pushiness, rudeness and total lack of concern for others.  Didn't mind the actual job all that much...and the people were pretty kool.

But, living in a po-dunk area, i'm just a bit worried in finding another job as this doesn't look too good as well.  And still that stupid scooter hasn't showed up yet Roll Eyes Angry

Hmmm...have been thinking about being a Male Stripper... Shocked   Lol well the equipment isn't really big enough for that, and i don't want to be "objectified" anyways (no matter how sexy i am Wink ) Hurrumph!

Can you all get together and manifest me a great, awesome and fulfilling job...  Course we have to do the whole Jesus bit first, "Yeah, yeah, God Thy Will be Done, and all that stuff" Grin Tongue

Or we could do it in the Spirit of Christ's Last Tempatation with William DeFoe playing Jesus "Gawd, Gawd, Gawd"

Ah... is this what a breakdown feels like?  Everything gets REALLL Funny and sad at the same time?

IP Logged

Jeff Mash
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jan 3rd, 2006 at 12:39pm

Phoenix,

Gee, what a pleasant welcome into the New Year.  That's even more of a reason to thank your lucky stars that you're out of that place of employment.  Any employer who is that cold hearted to just fire someone on the New Year is someone who doesn't deserve you making their job easier.

I've always held the philosophy that those who wrong me will in turn be wronged (karmic law).  I wouldn't be surprised if that place of business starts to really go down, get robbed, etc. 

I'll be focusing on a new job coming your way soon.  Keep your eyes peeled!

IP Logged

lydia

MA
Reply #13 - Jan 3rd, 2006 at 2:34pm

thats soo horrible that someone would fire you on new years jeez im sorry, dont worry youll find a better job with someone wholl treat you good

lydia

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #14 - Jan 3rd, 2006 at 4:47pm

Justin:

At least ways you get to start off the new year without an employer treating you poorly. Certainly she has no right to do so. I guess it is no surprise that so many humans have been slave owners throughout the ages. They have some sort of tunnel vision going on.  A day will come when she'll recognize her mistake, and seek a better way of being.

I wonder what I've done to people during my past incarnations. I doubt that I've always been a nice person. Embarrassed

Good luck finding a new job.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.