Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
A Recent Healing of a Cripple (Read 52528 times)
Berserk

Afterlife Knowledge Member

A Recent Healing of a Cripple
Dec 23rd, 2005 at 4:26pm

B-man's recent post solicits reports of impressive communications from Jesus.   I've decided to post one of the most impressive recent examples.  Nita Edwards, now a clinical psychologist, fell down a steep stairway in Sri Lanka and gradually suffered life-threatening naralysis.   My parents have heard her share her healing testimony in person, but I'm quoting from the account in the book about her healing, "Miracle in the Mirror."  

(1) HER CONDITION AFTER HER FALL:

"The [X-ray] pictures were quite clear.  Two discs in the lower lumbar region had been totally crushed and broken bits of bone were floating aimlessly in her spinal fluid...Week after week the functions of her body broke down...Breathing became a tougher task each day until finally her diaphragm collapsed, another victim of the ghastly paralysis...Her left hand had shrunk to a third the size of her right, and her right hand lost its sensitivity now as well.   She was slowly curling up as her wasted muscles retracted inch by inch as the result of muscular atrophy...She had lost all feeling in her face....a hunk of lifeless leather, with no sense of touch anywhere in her body...In a matter of days, [her voice] vanished altogether....Heart problems began as the paralysis progressed."

(2) THE WORD OF HER IMPENDING HEALING:

"[Almost a year later:] Suddenly, without warning or fanfare, at about four o'oclock she heard a voice.  It was a man speaking to her in a soft and authoritative tone...`I'm going to heal you on Friday, the eleventh of February.'...She struggled for the call button and buzzed the attendant.  If there was a man in the room, she wanted to know.  Since Nita's voice had failed, the attendant could often guess her meaning by the way she moved her eyes."  [The attendant thought she was worried about a lizard scampering around her room.]

(3) THE MOMENT OF FULFILMENT: THE MIRACLE

With great difficulty, Nita communicated her message from Jesus to others whom she urged to be present at the healing hour.  Present that day were Nita's mother, her pastor Colton and his wife Suzanne, two doctors, and a Buddhist attendant.  One wonders if they were there for moral support when Nita's hopes were dashed.  Rev. Colton's son Mike had been present in her hospital room, but would miss the impending miracle.  He  was skeptical, got impatient and hungry, and slipped out for a pizza!  When the moment of truth arrived,    

"the power of God invaded her room from the right side of her bed, like a ball of fire.  The glory of God  burst in, flooding that tiny space with such intensity that the inhabitants were swept up in it, and overcome by it.  It was like looking directly at the noonday sun, and only being able to take in a tiny fraction of the radiance... Nita's bed began to vibrate with the energy of God's presence, and she felt a million volts of power coursing through her body....Wave after wave rolled through the full length of her."

"Just at 3:30 Jesus came into the room with  blinding glory...Nita gazed into His face and everything within her struggled to reach out to Him....Her healing was no more a factor.  She was unaware of her own physical condition...He came to the foot of her bed, and then He reached out with a nail-scarred hand.  And He touched her.  One time."

"The chains of paralysis exploded away as Nita rocketed out over the end of her bed.  She landed on her knees with a thud, and her first sensation was the cold, hard floor beneath her...Her knees had not been bent in over a year; now  they were bent before her Jesus.  Her hands, useless for so long, were now straightened, upraised, worshiping God..."  

"Mrs. Edwards [her Mom]...saw Nita's withered left hand, the tiny one, spring to life.  The mother watched, awe-struck, as her crippled little girl grasped the bed covers and threw them off--then catapulted out of bed....Now that Nita was healed, the rest of them were paralyzed."  

"The Buddhist attendant was standing in the doorway, clutching the door frame as if she were about to faint.  She was crying in quiet hysteria, unable to believe that she had just seen Nita stand up.  She cried for 40 minutes--immovable.  Nita slipped her arms around the woman she had never been able to touch, and then, ignoring the Buddhist standards of propriety, kissed her lightly on the cheek."

Merry Christmas,
Don
« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2005 at 7:01pm by Berserk »  

IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Re: A Recent Healing of a Cripple
Reply #1 - Dec 23rd, 2005 at 5:52pm

So god picks favourites now?, i guess he does'nt "love" all his children equally....

IP Logged

Rob_Roy

New Hampshire, USA
Reply #2 - Dec 23rd, 2005 at 6:37pm

Spitfire,

Why don't you try asking him youself and see if you get an answer?

Rob

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #3 - Dec 23rd, 2005 at 9:22pm

Thank you for this wonderful story Don.

Spitfire, wake up for once. God does not have favorites. As Bob says, ask him.

Namaste,
Mairlyn  Grin

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

B-dawg

Missoula, Montana
Don, I hope you REALIZE...
Reply #4 - Dec 24th, 2005 at 4:08am

That my "guy who talks to Jesus" post was tongue-in-cheek???
You do, don't you?

B-man

IP Logged

roger prettyman

Bedford, U.K.
Reply #5 - Dec 24th, 2005 at 4:51am

Like Marilyn, I too thank you for posting such a lovely story.

I don`t believe God has favourites - we are all the same in his eyes - but do just wonder if there was something special about this lady which resulted in her healing. Perhaps she had total faith that one day she would be healed.
Do you know anything further about her background at all?

A Very Happy Christmas and New Year to all readers of this forum.

roger Smiley

The past is history, the future is a mystery.&&Today is a gift, that`s why it`s called the present.&&Let yourself enjoy today. It will never come again.&&&&&&Butterfly.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #6 - Dec 24th, 2005 at 7:56am

Interesting story.

Spitfire, the question is not does God have favorites, it is , how did this person "set herself on fire" so to speak. I was in Bins and Nibbles yesterday, perusing books, and I fell into a new one by Doreen Virtue, an author I don't usually read.  I came across a line about guides and angels are always waiting to help, but they are forbidden by the "rules" from intervening until they are asked to help, except in some particular exraordinary circumstances. So maybe the right question is, how did this girl(?) find the right way to ask? (I'm not sure where literal and symbolic cross over, but I think they do).

I had a n aquaintance once, she would be about 60 or so now, whose parents were Greek immigrants. She goes by "Martha" but her Greek name is "Dimatra" or something like that.So her background was the Greek church. She fell ill with tuberculosis as a teenager. She was hospitalized (long term) and was sick for a long time. Her body type was petite(*) and I don't think she had alot of reserves like some of us do. I think she read her bible alot. And prayed. One night she woke and a person was at the foot of her bed...Jesus...or her conciousness' version of Jesus. I don't recall now what she said was said, but it was a very transforming experience, and after that she got well. She became a Seventh Day Adventist for a number of years...taught Bible class...which taught her the Bible very well. One day leaving the church, she had a little car accident, and she knew from that it was time to move on. She became a student of the Course in Miracles, which is how I met her. Her favorite quote from ACIM was "I am not a body, I am free".  So did "Jesus" keep her alive to go back to traditional religion or to move on to a new stage?

So after we acknowledge that these things really do happen, and to everyday people, the question is, what's happening and what calls the energy into play?

The other thing to consider is that these things probably happen in other religions too, though I don't know that Jesus is going to show up for the Buddhists or the Jews, though he might show up in a Moslem story, but more likely someone else...

Maybe we should look for stories from other traditions and compare them to see if we can discover what the trigger is.

(* She could go into Filene's basement and find the most beautiful designer suits on finale markdown for really short money because she was a size 1...but that's a Boston story)

IP Logged

SunriseChaos

DARK IS THE NIGHT FOR
ALL.

Reply #7 - Dec 24th, 2005 at 8:46am

That was such a beautiful moving story. Thank you for a lovely read.
In my opinion, she got cured and many others, full of faith in Jesus, don't because it wasn't on her contract to spend her life paralized. She had important things to do, that she could have never achieved from a hospital bed.
Merry Christmas all!

I LOST MY HEART. I BURIED IT TOO DEEP UNDER THE IRON SEA. - KEANE&&------------------------------------------------------------&&LIFE IS WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU WHILE YOU ARE BUSY MAKING OTHER PLANS - JOHN LENNON

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #8 - Dec 24th, 2005 at 11:12am

Quote:
That my "guy who talks to Jesus" post was tongue-in-cheek
You do, don't you?

B-man

If you were asking me this, yes, I do talk to Yeshua and he to me. He is with everyone and available to all. Wink

With Love,
Mairlyn  Cheesy

Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Dec 24th, 2005 at 5:13pm

Quote:
Thank you for this wonderful story Don.

Spitfire, wake up for once. God does not have favorites. As Bob says, ask him.

Namaste,
Mairlyn  Grin

i need to wake up?, your the one who speaks with jesus. Shocked

god does not exist. so how in the hell do you ask it/him a question?.

and yes, i know proof is'nt important to you.

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #10 - Dec 25th, 2005 at 1:02am

I'm not the only one Spitfire. My reality has God, Yeshua and many of the Ascended Masters. Your reality doesn't seem to have much does it?

Namaste,
Mairlyn  Grin

Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Dec 25th, 2005 at 2:46am

Quote:
I'm not the only one Spitfire. My reality has God, Yeshua and many of the Ascended Masters. Your reality doesn't seem to have much does it?

Namaste,
Mairlyn  Grin

I would rather my reality be based on truth, then delusions of grander.

IP Logged

hiorta

Scotland
Recent Healing of a Cripple
Reply #12 - Dec 25th, 2005 at 4:47am

Spifire, do you assert that there is no god, or hold that the Christian version of God does not exist?

In the original post on this thread a man's voice miraculously became the voice of Jesus.

Quite a feat considering no one could recognise either Jesus or his voice.

The lady being healed, though was a great story.
Such spiritual events are perhaps more common than realised.
May she retain her well being.

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #13 - Dec 25th, 2005 at 5:14pm

Quote:
I would rather my reality be based on truth, then delusions of grander.

That's YOUR perception of my reality. There is no granduer in my reality, only GOD, TRUTH and LOVE.

Love, Mairlyn  Grin

Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Dec 25th, 2005 at 6:34pm

Quote:
That's YOUR perception of my reality. There is no granduer in my reality, only GOD, TRUTH and LOVE.

Love, Mairlyn  Grin

we are both humans, therefore there can only be one truth, immagination is the only thing that is truely unique, and since it cannot change anything in the physical world, it has no right be used as evidence.

im sure you believe "god", "truth" and "love" are what only exist for you, but thats a lie, suffering happens to everyone, everyday all that changes is the quantity.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.