Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bruce's books referenced in Japanese books (Read 6441 times)
Pres Nevins

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Kansai, Japan
Bruce's books referenced in Japanese books
Jun 18th, 2005 at 9:25am

Hi! I haven't posted in ages. Hope you've all been well!

I live near Osaka Japan, and yesterday I was going through the big Kinokuniya Bookstore's metaphysics section, which I normally don't do because I know I'll find something interesting, and I already have more than enough books in my backed-up to-read list just in English! But anyway, throwing caution to the wind there I was, and sure enough I noticed a 3-book series on OBEs that mentioned the Monroe Institute in the title. Hmm! Interestingly enough, when I flipped through I noticed each of their bibliographies first referenced Bob Monroe's three books, and then immediately followed up with (the English versions of) Bruce's first four books! Keen! Japanese exposure!

The author is a Mr. Sakamoto Masamichi, who is listed as having visited TMI 10 times since 2001, so he definitely appears to be quite into this stuff we do. Mr. Sakamoto has his personal website here: http://www.geocities.jp/taidatsu/ that has his experiences at TMI which is fun reading. In, er, Japanese that is. In his links section AfterlifeKnowledge.com is right up there immediately following the TMI Mothership.

Just FYI, a rough-and-ready translation of his book titles follows (blame me if you don't like the translations -- they sound fine in Japanese! Lots of exclamation points, but Japanese book titles are often like that).

Series title: After-Death Experiences That Go Beyond "Near-Death Experiences"

Vol I: The American Monroe Institute's Hemi-Sync Technology Has Made It Possible To Visit The Afterlife!
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4892954780

Vol II: The Universe Beyond The Afterlife!
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4892954659

Vol III: Other Universes Beyond Our Universe!
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/489295506X

I'll probably check out his books more thoroughly later, but I thought it might be interesting to show how Bruce's work is seeping its way over here! And I'm definitely looking forward to the upcoming official Japanese translations, so I can explain a bit better when my wife says, "Okay, wait, you do...what?" Smiley

Pres

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Re: Bruce's books referenced in Japanese books
Reply #1 - Jun 18th, 2005 at 10:19am

Hey Pres, it's so good to see you again.  It's been a long time as you said.  Thanks for the information about the books. It's good to know that this is getting good coverage in Japan.  Bless you and your family. Wink

Love, Mairlyn Wink

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

alysia
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 20th, 2005 at 3:36pm

wow Pres...all the way over in Japan...I feel good about that! thanks for telling us! always liked Japanese culture...good for TMI and Bruce and all the explorers of inner space...

IP Logged

gordon phinn

toronto, canada
Reply #3 - Jun 21st, 2005 at 7:16am

Hey pres, long time no see!

Thanks for the japanese info.  My own book Eternal Life And How To Enjoy It is listed on some Japanese web site book dealers, but I have no idea how it's doing there, or if it'sd available in stores.  If you see it anywhere could you let me know?
thanks, gordon

I live near Osaka Japan, and yesterday I was going through the big Kinokuniya Bookstore's metaphysics section, which I normally don't do because I know I'll find something interesting, and I already have more than enough books in my backed-up to-read list just in English! But anyway, throwing caution to the wind there I was, and sure enough I noticed a 3-book series on OBEs that mentioned the Monroe Institute in the title. Hmm! Interestingly enough, when I flipped through I noticed each of their bibliographies first referenced Bob Monroe's three books, and then immediately followed up with (the English versions of) Bruce's first four books! Keen! Japanese exposure!

IP Logged

Pres Nevins

Kansai, Japan
Reply #4 - Jun 21st, 2005 at 7:57am

Hi Marylin, hi Alysia!

Good to hear from you both! Yeah, I think it's fun to see where this stuff turns up. I just need to wrangle the time to read them all -- see what they actually say!

How've you been, Gordon?

Well I just picked it up myself a month ago from Amazon.co.jp, so it is available! (And I thought it was great fun to read!)

Generally some books in English are available in the bigger bookstores, but only a very limited and eclectic selection. It's the selection that the stores' buyers think the general Japanese customers are going to want to practice their English on, so that means 40 zillion copies of Harry Potter and Da Vinci Code. And now a lot of making-of-Star-Wars books. Everything else is extremely hit and miss, so that's what Amazon Japan is for. Not to mention that it's noticeably cheaper to order it online. (If you can get your hands on a book over here for not much more than cover price, you're doing pretty well!)

Here you are, on Amazon Japan!
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/1571744088/

Pres

[edited to make the grammar a bit more comprehensible -P.]
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2005 at 5:44pm by Pres Nevins »  
IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #5 - Jun 21st, 2005 at 9:41am

Whoa, what a trip seeing Gordon's book on Amazon Japan. I love it. Wink

Love, Mairlyn Wink

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.