Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I heard spirit beings talking about me (Read 11692 times)
freebird
Ex Member

Re: I heard spirit beings talking about me
Reply #15 - Apr 2nd, 2005 at 1:28am

I want to say thank you to everyone who has responded, and especially to anyone who chooses to meditate or pray for me.  I very much appreciate your loving kindness and willingness to help.

In terms of healing, the most important thing I need is a greater degree of peace of mind.  Whether or not the problems in my body and brain can be fixed, it would be wonderful if my soul could receive some higher level of peacefulness and a reduction of the existential fear that grips me.  I am so very afraid that no matter how hard I try, God just is not interested in helping me, because for some reason God has chosen me for wrath in this life.  I have never felt forgiveness for my past sins, despite repentance and prayer, and I feel a deep uncleanness within my being which I loathe and desperately wish God would cleanse me of my sinful nature.  I am also afraid that no matter how much good I do, when I die there might not be anyone in the spirit world who will bother to come for me and take me to heaven, because something about me is intrinsically evil and unworthy.  I fear this because of my many unanswered prayers in this life -- both prayers for health and also prayers for God to change my nature and certain personality traits that I detest -- so because I cannot perceive any significant life-changing help coming my way from heaven, I simply have lost the ability to trust in God's love on an emotional level.  I am only capable of intellectually believing that God loves all people (including me), which is one reason why I focus so much energy on studying and arguing for Biblical universalism.  It enables me to retain a degree of hope and faith;  and I know there are many others like me out there who also have similar fears as I do, who need to hear the message of God's love for all souls.

Secondly, since many of the people here believe they are in touch with spiritual realities, I wonder if you could attempt to ask God or angels or someone in the heavenly realms about my situation and what the purpose and meaning is behind it.  I have been struggling constantly to figure out why I have been given these health issues to deal with in my life, and why it seems that my prayers for greater strength and/or improving health go unanswered, even though I yearn for a life of productive ministry.  Why am I being thwarted in my desire to do good in the world?  Either God or somebody else in the spirit world is thwarting me, or not helping me to achieve my goals.  I wish I could know why, and whether this is because there is a big picture or a higher goal that I do not understand in my limited earthly mind.  I feel somewhat abandoned by God.  Perhaps this is why I was allowed to hear the conversation about me by two spirit beings that I posted here.  My best theory for what is going on is that perhaps my life plan includes the bizarre health problems and feelings of despair and abandonment, as a way to force me to attempt to develop greater spiritual strength from within.  But I remain confused about whether this is true, or whether, on the other hand, I am simply being punished and God is choosing not to bless me because He considers me unworthy of blessings and only deserving of wrath at this time.  Another problem I have is that some Christians have told me they believe my problems are being caused by demons and that the spiritual experiences I have had were inspired by demons, not God -- even though I pray to God and Jesus Christ for their assistance.  I do not agree with the people who say this, but it just adds even more confusion and doubt to my mind, and detracts from my ability to feel trust and true love for God.  (I mean, who could trust and love God if despite praying regularly for divine assistance, all you get is demons?)

I cling to my belief in Jesus's teaching of universalism and that somehow, in some way, the events in my life are part of a greater plan that I do not understand, which is designed to work out for the benefit of myself and others in due time.  Nevertheless, if anybody can glean any insights from meditations or prayer or whatever, please do let me know what you come up with.

If anyone chooses to pray or meditate on my behalf, I can only say thank you and I hope it will be of benefit.   Smiley

Thanks again,
Freebird

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
Reply #16 - Apr 2nd, 2005 at 1:58pm

Hi Freebird-

Two thoughts come to mind. First, a French sociologist, Emile Durkheim wrote a very penetrating book "Le Suicide", translated into English as "Suicide", that details multiple motivations for suicide, and gives both statistics and causes in each case. Before we jump to conclusions about anyone's motivations, it is well worth reading. I'm as guilty as any of blaming others for "escapism" - partly because I really wanted to escape too, and made at least one obviouly incompetent effort as a young teen. I can't share your pain, but I can share some of your responses to it.

Incidently, certain types of typhus cause hyperneuralgias and neurasthenias, and many of the indolethylamine chemicals (Rx or street) can create neurastenias, psychasthenias, psychotic episodes etc. Siome day we'll have an effective treatment.

Second, you question whether God has selected you for a life of torture, or perhaps to teach you a lesson. I wonder if you have selected a vision of God that is torturing, and that teaches through pain? (Think Belief System Definition of cognitive state.) In regression work with people who have intense pain I generally find that they have had a lifestyle that they intensely desire to change. In the interlife they have the option to remain as spirits and take a Very Long Time, or to simply adopt a life of extreme discomfort and get reborn. This latter is an heroic choice, and comes from love of God (usually in the sense of the Ultimate Oneness) that is so intense and fervent, so loving a caring of others, that it supercedes the desire to have a nice warm and fuzzy life. That is, so to say, one hell of a choice.

In my book, you are a sort of cosmic hero, and just haven't realized it as yet. Possibly if you were to look deep into your own ultimate inner motivations, beyond the immediate discomfort, you'd find some answers that would surprise you.

dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

JudyEb
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Apr 2nd, 2005 at 10:39pm

Hi Freebird,

I'm sorry that you are suffering so. A few years ago, I underwent a spiritual crisis pertaining to grief over losing many loved ones and it pushed me to the brink of despair and suicide.

I found rational answers in the writings of Emanuel Swedenborg that explained so much of what I was experiencing (after death communication).

He explained that we are always have at least 2 angelic spirits and two demonic spirts around us at any given time.  Depending on what we do and our thoughts, we can attract more of one kind than the other. Swedenborg wrote that angels and demons are simply people who have lived in this physical world. The angels are simply people who have chosen to live for the good; demonic ones are simply people who have chosen to live in evil. The reason why we have at least 2 of both kinds is to keep us in spiritual freedom as to what we want to choose.

I think that, simply put, you heard a conversation between an angelic spirit and a lower level spirit. Angelic spirits always encourage us; lower level spirits are always negative.

You simply heard a conversation between spirits about yourself. In my case, I made it much harder on myself when I didn't know about these spiritual realities and thought that I was losing my mind.

There's a wonderful book entitled, "Window to Eternity" by Bruce Henderson outlining what Swedenborg saw and heard in his 27 years of experiencing the other side in a full, waking state. He wrote of wonderful, uplifting things... and it healed my 20+ plus-year battle with depression.

I would be glad to send you this book - and others, if you'd like. You ask so many of the questions that I also asked. "Divine Providence" by Swedenborg may help you to find the answers you seek. I too wanted to know why because I had suffered much loss in this life.

My email address is judyebbe@cox.net if you wish to write me. My prayers are with you Freebird. May God grant you peace and healing.

Sincerely,
Judy

PS - this article may be of some help:
http://www.leewoof.org/leewoof/2001/2-4-01.htm

IP Logged

Ellen2
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Apr 3rd, 2005 at 2:44pm

Dear Freebird:  I second Judy in suggesting Swedenborg.  A good website is ourvirtualchurch.org.  What jumped out at me in your postings was when you described the possibility of "ending up a source of bad vibes & hardships for other people", "generating bad karma", leading to your possible suicide.  I know what anguish those beliefs about yourself can cause.  I have always felt that my presence created hardships, bad vibes, etc.  I don't know if in the back of your mind you think your presence caused your mother's illness.  Please consider that perhaps evil spirits have been whispering evil things to you  & they are not be be believed.  In all your postings, I have not noted any bitterness, anger, self pity.  You have shown yourself to be loving, honest, giving, sincerely offering what you can in hopes of helping people.   That is you & whatever is happening to your body is not going to change that.  I'm going to join with others in meditating & praying for your healing, whatever form that may take.

IP Logged

Justin2710
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Apr 5th, 2005 at 1:58pm

Quote:
"Everyone knows that fresh fruits and vegetables are good for you, but how many realize that eating both at the same meal creates a toxic mess in your body, or that eating heavy proteins--especially meats with any quantities of starches (yes, breads, pasta, grain-cereals, etc.)  creates a very toxic and acid condition.  Yet how common is this mixing in our diets"

Where did you get this information, and what do you suggest?

My main reference source is a book called "Alkalize Or Die" by Dr. Theodore A. Baroody.  He is a practicing Chiropractor, Nutritionist, Herbalist, I believe he originally graduated in psychology or counseling,  and he knowledgable in acupuncture and many other eastern healing traditions having traveled around the world to study them.

Other source:  The Cayce Readings go in-depth about food combinations to avoid and lists many common foods and their acid or alkaline reactions.

I've seen references in other diet and nutrition books but seeing as i was just perusing them, i don't remember the titles or authors.  One book that talks about PH balance, which i've read a little of is called "The PH Miracle". 

What do i suggest...AVOID certain combinations of food at the same meal.  Certain foods combos like citruses with milk or cereal grains should not be eaten, not only not at the same meal, but rather opposite ends of the days.

Besides, it is just common sense.  Does it seem like a peach would digest the same way as a hunk of steak?   Some fruits digest very, very quickly--like 20 to 30 minutes, whereas meats, especially beef or pork can take many hours to digest fully.  Heavy proteins require a substantial amount of hydrochloric acid to be broken down properly.  Starches seem to neutralize HCL.   
  Or for another example.   When your body is eating starches, your mouth secretes an enzyme called pytalin but if there is a quanity of sugar being eaten at the same meal, your body "turns off" the secretion of the pytalin enzyme, so those starches are already going to be much, much harder to be digested in your stomach.

Food combos that are good or relatively ok:  light proteins such as beans, nuts, yogurts etc can be eaten with grains without putreification, hence only somewhat acid producing.  Most Veggies and starches mix well.

Some light proteins, especially yogurt can be mixed with some fruits, those of the semi-sweet and sweet variety.  Light proteins combine well with most veggies, especially those that aren't very starchy (like a potatoe).

A large quantity of veggies can be eaten with a small amount of heavy proteins (meats), then it is only mildy acid producing. 

IP Logged

Justin2710
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Apr 5th, 2005 at 2:02pm

The main problem is the quantity of food eaten by many people, and the combos.   And in the U.S. much of the food is mineral and vitamin depleted due to the stupid, no-sense farming methods that were forced on early farmers by the gov.  This isn't even counting the huge amount of sales of empty filler foods that just give us calories and fat.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.