Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Animals (Read 9296 times)
grace_under_fire
Ex Member

Animals
Mar 11th, 2005 at 6:42am

Hello!  I am new here.

My mother, who I love very much, recently passed away.  So I decided that I wanted to search online for information about the afterlife, when I came across this website.  I am very interested in what I have read so far about Bruce Moen, and I am now considering purchasing one of his books.

I also have an enormous love of animals, and have had two loved pets (one dog and one horse) that have died in my lifetime.  I also am interested in finding out other's beliefs or experiences with animals in the afterlife.  I have very limited knowledge on this.  Do any of you have any thoughts on the idea of whether or not animals experience life after death, and do any of Bruce's books touch on this subject at all?  So many animals that I have had relationships with in my lifetime have such good hearts, which leads me to wonder what happens to them when they die.

Thank you,

Grace_Under_Fire

IP Logged

Raphael
Ex Member

Re: Animals
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2005 at 12:15pm

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2005 at 1:09pm

I do past life work professionally and have had several people to mention aimals. For example, a schoolteacher discovered that the custodian had failed to feed the class's pet rabbit who died. She "talked" with it, apologized, and the rabbit forgave her.

Bruce's books give a very usable image of the "spirit world". If you want to develop your skills, you'll find them interesting and useful.

dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2005 at 7:50am

There is an interesting story told at the Rainbow Bridge website

http://www.petloss.com/

that i don't know how to verrify, but it is touching.
Story:

http://www.petloss.com/della.htm

(touching? this story better not be made up because it really "gets to me"!)

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #4 - Mar 12th, 2005 at 11:13am

Lucy, thanks so much for these links to the Rainbow Bridge website. I lost a dog this past year and even though I feel Teddy close to me a lot of the time, it still hurts.  Shocked

Love, Mairlyn   Smiley

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #5 - Mar 14th, 2005 at 6:20pm

I'd like to share my story on this subject.

Five years ago one of our two cats died.  His name was Haley.  He was such a neat cat because he acted more like a dog!  He absolutely had to communicate with me every day.  The way he would do it is to get right in front of me and just meow, meow, meow.  He would tilt his head in different ways and I swear he had facial expressions.  He was the funniest cat.  If I tried to tell him I didn't have time, he would follow me, still meowing and trying to get right in front of me.  If I was typing on my computer, he would jump up and sit right in front of the monitor and tell me a story.  As soon as I came home each day he would run to me and sit at my feet and talk to me for several minutes.  He always had to have eye contact when we had our "conversations".  I never knew what Haley was saying but I listened and said things like "Oh really?"  It was our game I guess.  I know he was really trying to tell me things about his day.  He always had a story to tell.  He was quite a unique cat and unfortunately he only lived to be 6.  He became suddenly so ill and the next day had to be put to sleep.  It was so extremely hard to do but the vet couldn't do anything for him.  It was so strange and unexpected and my husband and I were so hurt. 

My kids were only 2 and 4 at the time and it was hard for me to explain it to my 4-year-old son.  I would try to hold back my tears from the kids until I could be alone for a little while.  When I got the chance that day I went into my bedroom, shut the door, and just sat on my bed and cried with my hands on my face.  I said out loud, "Oh Haley, I'm so sorry.  I love you so much.  I miss you talking to me".  In my grief I wasn't sure what happened next was really real.  I thought it was just my imagination.

I felt the cat jump up onto the bed, walk across the bed, and plop over next to me.  I felt it and heard it.  (Anyone who has ever owned a cat knows what this feels like).  I opened my eyes but I couldn't see anything.  I felt the bed with my hands but couldn't feel Haley.  I cried and laughed at the same time.  I was happy to have a sign from Haley that he was still alive in the afterlife.  How I wish I could have seen him in spirit too!  But this experience was so amazing and unexpected and I was happy for it.  The next day my sadness overcame me again and the tears started coming, so I found time to get away from the kids for a few minutes so I could go sit on my bed alone, hang my head and just cry.  A few minutes later, again I felt Haley jump onto the bed, walk across the bed and plop over next to me.  I was sure that time that it could not have been my imagination.  I opened my eyes but didn't see him.  I told him I loved him, and I thanked him over and over. 

This went on for two months, every day.  It wasn't long before I wasn't crying my heart out anymore.  I was excited when I had the chance to go in my room and be alone because Haley came every day.  I was always alone in the room when it happened.  The other cat wasn't in the room with me.  I also know for sure it wasn't the other cat because after several of these episodes I would sit on my bed with my eyes opened in order to try to see Haley, but I never could.  I would feel him jump, walk over, and lay down but he was invisible to me.  I once had told this to my husband but he didn't believe me.  After that I never mentioned it again because I didn't want his non-belief to upset me.  I just enjoyed this treasure by myself.  Then one night we were lying in bed watching TV, and our other cat was sleeping between us right at arm's length.  Suddenly here came Haley.  He jumped on the bed, walked all the way up to the other cat, and plopped himself over.  I didn't say a word but I knew my husband felt it too.  A few seconds later he very slowly said, "Isn't...the cat...already...in bed with us?"  I said. "You felt it too!  I told you!"  He said, "That's what you've been feeling for two months?"  He was so shocked but finally he believed me.  We both said out loud to Haley that we loved him.  We thanked him for coming to us, and we let him know that he was always welcome but that if he needed to move on that it would be okay.  We didn't feel him anymore after that.

I've had many paranormal experiences so I don't need convincing.  I was just glad my husband had the chance to experience it too.  I have a feeling that it wasn't just my grief that brought Haley back to visit.  I really think Haley needed to communicate one more time.
Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

alysia
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Mar 14th, 2005 at 10:10pm

what a treasure of a story Vicki and what an unusual cat. I enjoyed reading it very much and chuckled to have your hubby at last understand about the visits. your story reminds me of my chihuahua some 20 years ago, although i was only blessed with one visit. I had put a dog door on my house and one day Snowball didn't make it home. the neighbors said they would see him running with the big dogs. I wasn't very smart back then about watching my animals.
I was in mourning to think I had lost him or someone had stolen him and wasn't he attached to me? yada yada yada. staring at the dog door did not produce him and how could I have been so stupid? one morning I felt him jump on the bed, leap all over my body making excited little intakes of air, apparently way too happy to stay longer with me, as I opened my eyes completely thrilled to have him back, I did not see him. but he had been there, I was sure of that. I don't know what it meant, whether he had died or just found a new family with big dogs, all I knew for certain is that he wanted me to know not to mourn anymore, he was too too happy and that was the only important thing that I had to know. love, alysia...

IP Logged

Tim Furneaux
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 14th, 2005 at 10:41pm

Vicky, I loved your story, we just had our 7 month old cat die two weeks ago, hit by a car. 'Spike', part of a cat family with sister & mom, a real character, pure love...    Reading your story was like having a conversation with a friend, thanks,  Tim

IP Logged

freebird
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Mar 14th, 2005 at 10:51pm

Vicky,  Wow, what a story... and what an amazing cat!  Thanks for sharing.  It really made me smile.  Cheesy

Freebird

IP Logged

Crying Raven

Redmond, WA
Reply #9 - Mar 15th, 2005 at 6:17pm

I love the story about the cat  Grin  I adore cats, but can't have any because I'm extremely allergic to them  Tongue

I wanted to share a story as well regarding animals and the afterlife.

I was driving home one night from a friends house on a road that I wasn't use to (so I was driving pretty slow) and out of nowhere this huge white rabbit came flying across the road in front of me and I hit it with my front tire (I even felt the impact  Cry) as I slammed on the brakes, and then I got out of the car, but the rabbit had taken off.  So I decided I was going to find the injured bunny and take it to a vet, and I caught a glimpse of him in my headlights right as he ran into some bushes and he had blood coming out of his head...but he was too fast, so I never caught up to him.

So I cried allll the way home, and went to bed and cried myself to sleep, the whole time trying to ask the bunny for forgiveness and how I was so sorry, and prayed that he wasn't in pain or suffering. (You have to understand that at the time I owned 2 lopped eared rabbits and they were like my kids to me, so I felt like I ran over someone's kid.)  Then the next day I found out from my friend that the rabbit was actually a pet of the house I was next to when I hit it, apparently they let their 'pet' rabbits run loose.  Ok, now I was depressed and now I also felt like an a$$ for hurting someone's pet.

About a week later I had a dream, and there were animals all over the place like in a Vet's waiting room, and in the middle of the room was the big white rabbit (can we say Alice in Wonderland?) who had a boo boo (I'm a mom...can you tell?) on his head, and I got excited and said, 'oh my gosh, I am so sorry, please tell me that you are ok' and rambled on and on, and he told me that he was ok and that he didn't suffer any - it was just his time to go and I was the 'vehicle' (no pun intended) by which that was done.  When I woke up I felt like a big weight was lifted off of me (funny how guilt does that to us.)

Anyways, I was so thankful that the rabbit made an effort to let me know he was ok even though I wasn't close to him.  Also, it seems with animals that there isn't an issue of having to 'forgive' because they seem to understand the "everything works out the way it's suppose to" so no hard feelings or maybe even to go so far as say 'unconditional love'?.  Animals are truly a gift.

Jenn

Crying Raven  
IP Logged

tiamaria
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Mar 16th, 2005 at 7:54pm

I'm new to posting on this board but I have been coming to this site for a few years. This post has really touched my heart and I feel so compelled to respond because of my experiences.
My dog's name was Tia and she was a child to me. She fully understood me and I understood her. My husband and I were going through years of infertility so she was my substitute child. After 7 years of trying for a child, I finally became pregnant and that month Tia became sick. She was getting worse and worse as the months went by and no matter how many vets I took her to, they could not help her. By the time my son was born, she was so bad off that she would lay in her basket night and day and would not come out. I wanted to badly to save her but after seeing her living like that for a year, I could no longer watch her in such pain. I was just keeping her alive because I couldn't let her go, but then I knew in my heart that since I loved her as much as I did, I had to let her go. My husband and I took het to the vet so she could go to sleep. I asked her to give me a kiss and she looked at me with her big brown eyes, a kind of "I'm going to miss you" look and gave me a big, wet kiss. The vet sedated her and let us spend a few minutes with her before the final needle. I had my hands on her and tried to send thoughts of love into her, and I felt so much love for that little girl it was unbelievable. I was telling her to please come visit me and let me know she will be okay. Then the final needle was given and she was gone. I knew she left even before the vet told me.
Now here are the most wonderful and comforting things that happened during and after the vet visit. My husband said that before the vet puts her to sleep, he just wants one more sign that we are doing the right thing. As the vet was giving her the needle, he had a difficult time finding a vein. Come to find out, almost all of her veins were collapsing and the vet told us she could have died from that. This was my husband's sign that he wanted.
Now here are the signs I received. When I went home, I wanted to start putting away a few of her things because I knew it would be too painful to look at for awhile. I reached into a box of her toys and pulled out one of her collars that I haven't seen in about a year. On the collar was a little doggie angel with an inscription on the back that read "Guardian angel, watch over me. Guide me home safely and keep me from harms way"
That same night, I was sitting with my husband and telling him how I wished she would give me a definate sign that she's okay. All of a sudden, my husbands walkie talkie turns on, all by itself. It was just white noise but scared the heck out of both of us since it was so loud!
Again that night, I was walking towards my bed and heard the jingle of Tia's collar. I fully heard it as if she was in the room. I checked all over the floor to make sure I didn't accidently kick an extra collar but there was nothing there.
Early the next morning, I tried one of Bruce's exercises to contact Tia. I was half asleep, half awake and clearly saw her in my mind. I felt her presence so strongly. I told Tia that we had to go to my dad because if anyone could see her, he could, since he has special abilities with dreams and OBE's. I vividly saw Tia jump on my dad's bed, jump on his chest and lick his face. We started to disappear from that room and Tia was on her way to leave. I told her to give me one more sign that she was okay. She telepatically sent me the image of a snowman. There was no snow here at the time so I had no idea what she meant. I got out of bed and called my dad right away. I asked how he was and he said, "I just had a dream about Tia. She jumped on my bed and licked my face." I started crying my eyes out with happiness because my visit with her was verefied! I then felt happy and comforted so I turned on the TV and the show that was on right then and there as soon as I turned it on was Montel Williams with Sylvia Brown. The topic of the show was "When The Deceased Contact Their Loved Ones"! Another sign! I then got up off the couch and stepped on one of my son's baby blocks. Bending down to pick it up, I was stunned and speachless. On the block was a snowman Cheesy
I had a few other things happen after that, but nothings happened in a long time. She died a year and a half ago and I still miss her as if she left last week. But I am confident in all the signs and visits that she gave me. I just don't BELIEVE that she exists. I KNOW she still exists. She proved that to me many times over. If she exists, then all of your pets do too. They are all special. I hope anyone who has lost a pet or who will ever lose a pet will have as much comfort as I did.
Keep your mind open to receive messages and practice the exercises in Bruce's books. They truly helped me receive my messages from my Tia.
Lots of love,
Tiamaria

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #11 - Mar 16th, 2005 at 10:18pm

Thanks to all for enjoying my story.  I'm sure Haley is telling it too somewhere out there!  Thanks for sharing your stories too. 

Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #12 - Mar 17th, 2005 at 12:20am

Vicky and Tiamaria, I love your stories. Pets are so special to us giving us pure unconditional love. Wink

Love, Mairlyn Wink

Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #13 - Mar 18th, 2005 at 4:04pm

I had a past life patient yesterday who regressed to a time his leg was gnawed off by a wolf. He sez his present dog is the same critter as the past life wolf. - It works for me.

Dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #14 - Mar 18th, 2005 at 5:14pm

Dave, how interesting. It would also be interesting to know why he wanted the regression.  Obviously this was something that needed to come forward for him to heal the emotions from this, even if he wasn't aware of it in the present.  It is deep seated emotions from this and past lives that affect us in our current lives, as you know being a hypnotherapist.

Love, Mairlyn Wink

Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

jkeyes

Tucson,Az
Reply #15 - Mar 20th, 2005 at 2:45pm

I remember the gift I received shortly after our poodle, Sandy, died and I was still feeling so guilty for being impatient with her right before her death.  She had diabetes for years but at the time of our move, 5 years ago, she was no longer responding to her insulin and had lost control of her bladder. We had just moved in to an apartment, 3 flights up, with wall to wall carpeting and my stress level was at an all time high.  Well anyhow, she comes to me a week or two after her death early one morning when I was still asleep and has me hold her in my arms. I can still feel the weight of her body, the feel of her hair, and that lovely smell that her skin had.  Through the gift of her coming, I still have trouble trusting in the experience except for the fact that it's as real to me as this mornings cup of coffee, I sensed that all was forgiven (PUL happened) and was able to let my guilt go. 

Love, Jean

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #16 - Mar 20th, 2005 at 2:52pm

Never doubt it Jean......it happened.  Animals (dogs) are so forgiving. You know, maybe it's time for Dora to retell her story of 'the ugliest dog.'  It is heart wrenching and always brings me to tears.  How about it Dora?

with Love, Mairlyn Wink

Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

grace_under_fire
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Mar 22nd, 2005 at 4:35am

Hello everyone.  I am the person who posted the original post on this thread.  Thanks to everyone for your sweet and wonderful stories!

I once had a horse who I loved very much, that had died of colic, (which is an intestinal problem).  I had actually sold the horse to a girl, and I found out months after, that he had died after she had bought him from me.  When I heard this news, I was extremely sad and I had a hard time getting over it.  One night I was walking my dogs in a park, and I was really feeling the sadness at that particular moment.  I thought that maybe I would feel better if I said a little "prayer" to my horse.  Desperate to try to make myself feel a little better, I decided to give it a shot.  I told my horse how special he was, and how much I loved him, and how he brought so much happyness to so many people's lives.  I also told him that I hoped he was happy and in a good place, and that I missed him.  Literally about 15 seconds after I ended my "prayer" to him, I saw a bright, giant shooting star go across the entire sky.  I live in a big city, where it is hard enough to see regular stars, much less big bright SHOOTING stars.  I was sure this was him.  It made me cry tears of joy as soon as it happened.

Before my Mother died (which was quite recently, and also the reason I looked up this web site), I had told her this story about my horse and the shooting star, and how much it had touched me.  Shortly after she died, I was outside one night, talking to a friend on my cell phone.  I was telling him how my Mother's birthday was coming up soon, and how sad that made me that this would be her first birthday after her death.  As I was talking about this, I saw a shooting star in the sky at that exact moment - which again, is a rare sight  in a large city.

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #18 - Mar 22nd, 2005 at 11:34am

Grace, what amazing confirmations these were for you. I love it. Wink

Love, Mairlyn Wink

Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.