Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
this Light in this place (Read 2344 times)
alysia
Ex Member

this Light in this place
Mar 20th, 2005 at 10:39am

below: a post from Justin on another thread:

Perhaps the reason why we suffer,  for the experience-knowledge.  I am inclined to believe that maybe there are only two states of being in our little Earth marble game--Love and UnLove.   All of us have experienced UnLove to greater and lesser extent, and true for Love to some degree as well.  But very few experience PUL energy (pure uncondional love) in any deeper or consistent way from others here in-physical.  Nor do many of us consistently project and live it.  Perhaps that is a generalization, if it is so sue me.
  but seriously if we did (love more) the world would be in much better shape than it is in right now, right?
________
right, Justin. right. right. right. lol. I'd just add that unloving is a fear based projection, or better than that, can be seen as a call for love. thus we have the two single emotions to consider from (ACIM) there are only two motivations love or fear. in my pov, one is either extending love or calling out for love.
________
Justin:
  I believe everything that has been a challenge, painful, disillusioning etc. has been a catalyst for me learning to put that energy out more and more.  For example,  I consider my step-father my greatest teacher, even though he never consciously showed love and was quite unloving in many respects.   When i learned to forgive him entirely and fully, i learned a higher expression of love.  And in turn, a weight lifted off me and i became a happier person.
 ________
my experience also Justin, except it wasn't a stepfather. it was my mother. being an ACIM student, the key to happiness is listed as "forgiveness." relationships here are of paramount importance in learning forgiveness. the weight is lifted then. the goey black stuff is dissolved around the heart strings.
_______
Justin:
many people who seem to "have it all" and who seem happy, are really some of the least happy people on earth.  I've met some very "down and out" people who have had a radiant happiness and positivity to them, judging by the worlds standards they should be miserable, but when you live and function from Spirit regardless of your material circumstances, you seem to get other "benefits". I'm fairly poor materially, sheesh i have to use a library p.c., but i live almost everyday in consistent joy, peace, and gratefullness .
heres Justin who goes to the library just to share himself with us. this I find remarkable. I suspect PUL is the motivator of his energy. I often think about the way we all come together to post here in this mini world. I often have to tear myself away from the computer just to get some sunshine or feed the dogs, or whatever. what is this thing within us that is a need to "come together" to communicate? would it be PUL? or would we come here to scream for some?  would we be creating of it here? in this little mini world of some 2,000 readers? the question Justin brings up
quote:
(But very few experience PUL energy (pure uncondional love) in any deeper or consistent way from others here in-physical.  Nor do many of us consistently project and live it.)
me:
is important to me. and I would ask why. I ask myself why it appears as true that few project and live what is called PUL and could it be true that living in consistent joy, peace and gratefulness might be as easy as falling off a log if we let it? and could we dissect PUL in discussing it? or should we even try? would we just ruin it if we did try to dissect it? lol. perhaps. I think we come here to discover or redisover this thing called PUL, maybe we can just call it community. somebody called PUL a glue and that's a pretty good analogy.  I trust Monroe's explanation of crops of loosh being gathered here in a spiritual sense and behind the scenes. lol. thanks a lot Bob Monroe. I am now in the fields tending the crop of self. may the locusts and the bollweavils not come this year! ...  so c'mon gang, what is PUL? I need your help. why do poets never cease to write of it? why does love make the world turn 'round? why do we whine if we see it's absence? when it's right in our face, why do we fail to recognize it? and what about the endless politicians who promise alleviation from suffering to the masses? lol. u don't actually believe them do you? they are living on a wish to see something happen also.
and to Dora whom I would understand, you brought this up for me by saying "it has nothing to do with love." Perhaps you meant in this regard, it has only to do with what you believe. I would only add to that it has also to do with what you want to believe and what you want to believe you can create that as true for yourself. Perhaps PUL is more than it seems at first glance, perhaps it is the very creative substance we live within and mold to our desires and suffering can be redefined also in this regard.  it does have everything to do with love from my pov  and is synonomous with acceptance of the world without crumbling from it's presentations of unlove which is alluding us in directions away from peace of mind. is the world ready for peace of mind during this shift, or is it just me? how many people out there wish to lay down your arms? lets all start committing random acts of kindness and see what happens in a world wide way. lol. I'm going outside now. what would I do without the internet? probably die! nah, I'd think of something to do. lol.

ACIM (A course in Miracles) affirmation: "When you wish to see only love, love is all that you will see."...

IP Logged

jkeyes

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Tucson,Az
Re: this Light in this place
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2005 at 4:47pm

My theory is that for the first time in the history of the planet, due to technology, all our dirty little secrets directed by fear are coming to the forefront.  It is no longer appropriate for most of us to say, “I didn’t know”.  Tales of abuse, embezzlement, torture, etc. in the name of nationalism, religion, or any other isms are all out there now for individuals to view on daily TV.  Even some of the smallest remote villages in the world have TV now to share our addictions to misuse of power.  Remember it’s not that the world is getting worse; it’s just that more of it is getting exposed to a larger and larger audience and because of this we are in a better place to choose a new way of being.  In my opinion, that new way of being has something very much to do with PUL along with our letting go of our addictions to fear and all it guises.  ACIM does have some great lessons in learning to let go and inviting in new and fresher perspectives.

Now as far as PUL goes, I think that the concept of it can only be practiced with awareness of who were are and what we are capable of doing or being rather than taking it on as a practice in blind faith.  When you know who you are and what humans do, then you can practice free will to decide to use PUL as, of course, the only vehicle with which to connect with yourself and all other individuals.  It provides that space of joy, warmth, and connection that oils the engine of growth and maturity.  We also need to develop the strength to let the horror stories go like old nonproductive habits that limit our functiong or ability to think clearly. Plus, I think that the time has come, especially since more and more of us are increasingly fine tuning our senses to where they surpass our physical inventions, (ie. remote viewing, psychic awareness, dream awareness, etc.) for us to assume responsibility for our knowing and recognize that their ain’t any better way to proceed than by practicing a little PUL every day in every way that we can with each other.  Not any easy task I admit but still it’s worth the effort.  It sure helps me to keep going and I have the bonus of knowing that I can continue to use it when I leave, whereas, I can’t even take one penny with me like Chris Reeves mistakingly did in Somewhere in Time.   

Love to all, Jean   Kiss

IP Logged

Justin2710
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 21st, 2005 at 4:16pm

Well LOL it is actually quite a pleasure to come to the library to share and to communicate with you all Grin Wink 

Great post Alysia, i like how you elaborated on some of my above quotes.   I've never read ACIM but from what i have read of the quotes here and from other places, it seems like an awesome book with a lot to say of import.

And i very much agree!, "it does have everything to do with love from my pov  and is synonomous with acceptance of the world without crumbling from it's presentations of unlove which is alluding us in directions away from peace of mind."

Just wanted to say that i think you have an awesome way of putting things into a clear, broadmined, easy to understand, and sometimes even poetic, perspective.   Ya got a special way with words and heres to you Kiss Cheesy Wink Smiley

IP Logged

alysia
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 22nd, 2005 at 2:20pm

all right then Justin, I will keep writing if you say so! hee. you guys are my inspiration as a matter of fact. just can't believe that I sweated over ACIM for a whole year, blood sweat and tears, and along comes Justin and the philosophy there is like built in! lol. you brought it with you, me, I have to wear a tin foil hat....  not complaining, I just like to laugh a lot these days!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.