Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Animals (Read 9348 times)
jkeyes

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Tucson,Az
Re: Animals
Reply #15 - Mar 20th, 2005 at 2:45pm

I remember the gift I received shortly after our poodle, Sandy, died and I was still feeling so guilty for being impatient with her right before her death.  She had diabetes for years but at the time of our move, 5 years ago, she was no longer responding to her insulin and had lost control of her bladder. We had just moved in to an apartment, 3 flights up, with wall to wall carpeting and my stress level was at an all time high.  Well anyhow, she comes to me a week or two after her death early one morning when I was still asleep and has me hold her in my arms. I can still feel the weight of her body, the feel of her hair, and that lovely smell that her skin had.  Through the gift of her coming, I still have trouble trusting in the experience except for the fact that it's as real to me as this mornings cup of coffee, I sensed that all was forgiven (PUL happened) and was able to let my guilt go. 

Love, Jean

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #16 - Mar 20th, 2005 at 2:52pm

Never doubt it Jean......it happened.  Animals (dogs) are so forgiving. You know, maybe it's time for Dora to retell her story of 'the ugliest dog.'  It is heart wrenching and always brings me to tears.  How about it Dora?

with Love, Mairlyn Wink

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

grace_under_fire
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Mar 22nd, 2005 at 4:35am

Hello everyone.  I am the person who posted the original post on this thread.  Thanks to everyone for your sweet and wonderful stories!

I once had a horse who I loved very much, that had died of colic, (which is an intestinal problem).  I had actually sold the horse to a girl, and I found out months after, that he had died after she had bought him from me.  When I heard this news, I was extremely sad and I had a hard time getting over it.  One night I was walking my dogs in a park, and I was really feeling the sadness at that particular moment.  I thought that maybe I would feel better if I said a little "prayer" to my horse.  Desperate to try to make myself feel a little better, I decided to give it a shot.  I told my horse how special he was, and how much I loved him, and how he brought so much happyness to so many people's lives.  I also told him that I hoped he was happy and in a good place, and that I missed him.  Literally about 15 seconds after I ended my "prayer" to him, I saw a bright, giant shooting star go across the entire sky.  I live in a big city, where it is hard enough to see regular stars, much less big bright SHOOTING stars.  I was sure this was him.  It made me cry tears of joy as soon as it happened.

Before my Mother died (which was quite recently, and also the reason I looked up this web site), I had told her this story about my horse and the shooting star, and how much it had touched me.  Shortly after she died, I was outside one night, talking to a friend on my cell phone.  I was telling him how my Mother's birthday was coming up soon, and how sad that made me that this would be her first birthday after her death.  As I was talking about this, I saw a shooting star in the sky at that exact moment - which again, is a rare sight  in a large city.

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #18 - Mar 22nd, 2005 at 11:34am

Grace, what amazing confirmations these were for you. I love it. Wink

Love, Mairlyn Wink

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.