Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Paul Selig Channels The Word (Read 24537 times)
I Am Dude

Paul Selig Channels The Word
Nov 11th, 2011 at 3:05am

I recommend taking a look at the channeling of Paul Selig.  He channels a group of entities who I believe claim to be in Christ Consciousness.  Check out his interview with Lilou first for a bit of an introduction in the link I provided below.  I am interested to hear your opinions.  I am probably going to attend one of his events in the near future, as they are usually relatively close to home. 

http://www.paulselig.com/videos/

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

crossbow

ALK Member

Re: Paul Selig Channels The Word
Reply #1 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 4:48am

Hello OutOfBodyDude,
That was interesting.
These channellers/psychics/clairvoyants/clairaudients/etc are all over the place. I used to have a tendency to ignore or dismiss such people, I'm not sure why, I think I might have had a concern they might distract me or something. But I had a good watch of a couple of this fellow's videos. I don't know if he is for real or not, but what I heard him say seems reasonable - all being frequency, including love, goal being self knowledge, and so on. He is a bit repetitive - but that is understandable. In the interview he says his greatest problem with what he does is that it comes through him and he is a flawed character. I can relate to that. But who can know if he's true? If he is true then I would like to know how he lives with himself being able to do that while being a flawed character. I suppose like everything, acceptance is the first step. If you go to one of his presentations and you get the opportunity then do ask him and tell us his answer.   

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #2 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 2:27pm

I'm at work so I can't listen to his videos now. I checked out his site and read some of the words he said comes from the channeling. One thing I noticed is that it suggested that people do affirmations in the form of "I am the word." Now affirmations might help out when it comes to doing something like having an OBE, but I don't believe they will work when trying to grow spiritually.

I don't mean that we can't think positive, but thinking positive and affirming our way to Christ consciousness is quite a different thing.

One way in which people try to brainwash people is by getting them to repeat phrases such as, perhaps, "I am the word." If you can get people to re-read basically the same thing over and over again, and get them to repeat affirmations, they might end up brainwashing themselves to believe that they are what they assert, even though they don't actually abide at such a consciousness level.

If Jesus was here today I do not believe he would have people repeat affirmations such as "I am the word."

I'm not certain, but I believe I ran into Paul Selig on another forum a while back. At the time he was saying that his channelings are on the same wavelength as ACIM. Feeling as I do about ACIM, I questioned what he is about, and he spoke towards me in abrassive way.

When I look at his photo, I can't say I get a good feeling.

I think people need to be very careful. There are unfriendly beings that don't want this World to progress, and they'll do what they have to in order to mislead people. They are smart enough to realize that if they say enough nice sounding things, they will be able to lure people in. And they'll do so with an approach that can have a negative effect such as brainwashing people.

Some people might say that I'm saying what I say because I am influenced by fear. This isn't true at all.  One doesn't need to be afraid in order to use one's discrimination. In fact, I believe it is safe to say that some people don't acknowledge how often unfriendly beings deceive people because they are afraid to become aware of how much they do so.

I can understand people becoming excited about a possible valuable source of information, but since we aren't dependent on outward sources in order to grow spiritually, we don't need to become attached to them.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #3 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 3:03pm

I read some more, and some of the things that are said in the channelings sound very cultish. The words serve the purpose of getting people to believe they are a part of something, and they provide the details of how people should proceed. People who are looking for a way to feel good about themselves or a place to belong might be taken in by the approach the channelings present.

I find it hard to believe that actual beings of love and light would lay out one approach for numerous people to follow. Each of us needs to find our own way.

When we repeat phrases that come from a particular source and that are shared by others, this factor, along with our intent, might connect us to an energy level that we don't want to be connected with. Anyway, not if we knew what that energy level is actually about.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #4 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 3:14pm

To me, the point of affirmations, when done correctly, is to consciously reprogram the subconscious mind.  To say that one cannot grow spiritually through the reprogramming of one's subconscious mind when this aspect of self is misaligned with the higher vibrations of the greatest good shows a misunderstanding of the subconscious mind and its relation with the conscious self, as the subconscious largely influences one's conscious thoughts and behaviors.  It also negates the tremendous growth that has been experienced by countless people, myself included, through this means.  Affirmations and intent are in fact one of the most effective ways to achieve spiritual growth, as they facilitate the thoughts patterns and actions necessary to grow.  When one's subconscious self is aligned with the conscious self, and the conscious self is aligned with the higher self, then there is nothing to hold back the evolution of one's consciousness into the higher vibrations of PUL.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #5 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 3:32pm

As for the channelings, the idea is not to become attached to them or to the channeler, but to use the information that is provided as a source of inspiration to activate higher energies into your own being and into your life and the lives of others.  People who have attended his channelings have attested to the tremendous transformative higher energy they have felt during and after the experience.  I am friends with him on facebook, and from the things people write to him, it is clear that he is doing humanity a service. 

Warning
:  Do not let recoverer's bias influence you to perceive the information provided from Paul in a negative light!!  He hasn't even watched his channelings!  I have watched many of them, and can attest that the information provided was of benefit to me, and very well may be to you too.  If you feel you may be receptive to misleading energies, then state the affirmation and set the intention that Paul provides below.

Pauls affirmation for everyone present before his channelings: 
"The light of God surrounds us.  The love of God enfolds us.  The power of God protects us.  The spirit of God watches over us.  Wherever we are god is.  So be it."
He then tells the audience to set the intention to only be open to those energies and information which are for your highest good and the perfect amounts needed for your healing and evolution at this time.

Recoverer, you get a negative feeling when looking at his picture, and I get a positive feeling.  Smiley

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #6 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 4:41pm

Dude:

When it comes to the positive energy people experience, the same used to happen with the guru I used to see. Yet, almost all of the people who used to see that guru have left him and now understand that he is a fraud.

You might check out this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Enlightenment-Blues-Years-American-Guru/dp/0972635718

Andre Van Der Braak also experienced bliss while with his guru Andrew Cohen and so did Andrew Cohen's other followers. Eventually he found out how insidious Andrew is.

The two examples I provided are just two of many examples. Below are several reasons why a person might experience positive energy while associated with a fraudulent source:

1. His own expectation of having a positive experience causes him to open up to having one.

2. The other people who attend a meeting tune into a good place and he feels their vibration.

3. People direct devotional feelings towards a guru or channeled being (or a person who pretends to channel a being) and this devotional energy accumulates around a guru or channeler. This accumulation of energy is felt.

4. The guru, channeled being, or fake channeler is a person or being who gets off on being treated in an adoring way, and this causes this being or person to experience more happiness than usual when he is treated in such a way. Please don't underestimate how many guru types have gotten off by being treated in an adoring and worshipful way.

5. Energy can exist in different ways and it is possible that a deceptive being, either through a guru or a channeler, sends energy to people that feels ecstatic, but it isn't actually love. If a person experiences love for a reason such as feeling devotion towards a guru, and mixes this feeling with the ecstatic energy that is channeled, he might become confused.

6. Some sources say that there are unfriendly beings that are able to activate the parts of our brains that cause chemicals to be released that cause us to experience bliss. I've experienced bliss that felt quite good, but it wasn't love.

Regarding affirmations, regardless of the fact of how some people might've used them in a positive way, the fact of the matter is that many people have used affirmation-based practices to brainwash others. When you can get a person involved in a dogmatic practice where he repeats phrases such as "I am word," you can gain some control of his mind.

My feeling is that if a teacher places too much emphasis on affirmations, either he does so because he is confused about their merit, or he is using them to control others. I would say that there is a fine line between affirmations and thinking positive, but perhaps the line isn't fine.

Going by what I read, Paul's got things set up so a definite path is in place.  People are referred to as emissaries of "I am word."

I'm in contact with beings that I believe represent the light. They have encouraged me to share what I've learned. But not in a way where I get people to follow some dogmatic path. How many times does a soul need to get involved with institutionalized spirituality before it decides to find its own way?

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #7 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 5:09pm

Stating phrases which declare one's truth can hardly be labeled a "dogmatic practice!"  There is no strong emphasis on affirmations in his teachings, but rather an emphasis on aligning oneself to one's true state of grace and getting out of hindering mental tendencies.  But, one would have to be familiar with the material presented to know this, and you are not, so it seems you are speaking based on assumptions and bias!  The only definite steps that one needs to follow in order to attain the state of grace that is talked about is aligning to one's true state of divinity.  Please inform yourself before asserting your opinions, as it seems you are the one who is trying to brainwash others. 

Perhaps you should join the forum, AfterlifeSourceCondemnation.com!  Cheesy  I will continue to guide my fellow explorers towards the light, and you may attempt to interfere with this in any way you wish, but in the end, the light will prevail.  Smiley

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #8 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 5:22pm

Dude:

I have to admit that I've read a limited amount of Paul's material. But after a while, if a person allows himself to, he can develop the radar which enables him to quickly get an idea of what a source is about. Certain things become dead give aways.

I believe it would be out of character for beings of love and light to have people take part in affirmations such as the below. I suppose each of needs to decide what will work for us.

“I am Word through my body. Word I am Word.

I am Word through my vibration. Word I am Word.

I am Word through my knowing of myself as Word.

I Am Word through all that I see before me, and I am knowing myself in love.

I am Word though this intention. Word I am Word.”

P.S. There are misleading beings who are clever enough to find a way to help people just enough so they believe they are involved with something worthwhile. The same is true with the guru I used to be involved with. The key is, what are the total results of being involved with a source?

I bet you there are fundamentalist Christians who can tell you how their form of Christianity changed their lives for the better. But what are the total results?

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #9 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 5:29pm

Without the knowledge of what is meant by the term "Word," you will obviously be leading yourself astray.  Gain this knowledge by informing yourself through the material.  Do not lead others astray! 

My initial reaction was similar, until I discovered what was meant by I am Word.  The affirmation then took on a whole new significance of resonance and truth.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #10 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 5:43pm

Dude:

Any source of information can use words such as God, oneness, love and word.

You might ask yourself why the word "word" is being used in the way it is used by Paul, rather than language that has already been used. Sometimes new terminology is a sign that a source is trying to get people caught up in its way of thinking.

The guru I used to see used words such as love frequently, but love wasn't the motive for his being a guru.

Regarding how much of Paul's channeled material I read, how much of a book written by a fundamentalist Christian would you have to read before you know what that person is about?  Either you can see the signs or you can't.

IP Logged

crossbow

ALK Member

Reply #11 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 10:21pm

A very good debate. Good points put forward from both sides. This is helpful to others because when people read your debate it helps them to weigh things up for themselves and do their own thinking.

IP Logged

Pat E.

Northern California
Reply #12 - Nov 12th, 2011 at 1:49am

Frank DeMarco does not channel, but he does converse with entities in the nonphysical.  Those conversations have been posted on his blog, I Of My Own Knowledge, and in books including "Chasing Smallwood", "The Sphere and the Hologram" and "The Cosmic Internet".  If you want to learn how it all works without any proselytizing, brainwashing or other questionable tactics, I encourage you to read Frank.

IP Logged

olinerum

ALK Member

Poland
Reply #13 - Nov 12th, 2011 at 12:17pm

In my opinion both of You are right.
recoverer is just a very cautious because he knows that up there are "good and bad" and no one can be sure what kind of the source the channelig comes  from.
No one.
Even the channeler.

But We are in our consciousness and that should be the filter.  Each of us in his consciousness
When somebody needs to learn from some channelings it may be a threat to him.
So learning should be supported by practice, the experience.
In the experience, the highest wisdom lies.

OutOfBodyDude writes that he knows Paul and his consciousness is in line to Paul so now only remains subject to the word Paul experience.

For me, Paul is reliable because I see in him a beautiful pink heart chakra and the double golden aureole around his head.
Beings with whom he connects are in positive, beatiful color.
And he has got a funny doggie, hehe.
Wink

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #14 - Nov 12th, 2011 at 1:21pm

Olinerum:

Regarding what you perceive, we perceive differently.

olinerum wrote on Nov 12th, 2011 at 12:17pm:
In my opinion both of You are right.
recoverer is just a very cautious because he knows that up there are "good and bad" and no one can be sure what kind of the source the channelig comes  from.
No one.
Even the channeler.

But We are in our consciousness and that should be the filter.  Each of us in his consciousness
When somebody needs to learn from some channelings it may be a threat to him.
So learning should be supported by practice, the experience.
In the experience, the highest wisdom lies.

OutOfBodyDude writes that he knows Paul and his consciousness is in line to Paul so now only remains subject to the word Paul experience.

For me, Paul is reliable because I see in him a beautiful pink heart chakra and the double golden aureole around his head.
Beings with whom he connects are in positive, beatiful color.
And he has got a funny doggie, hehe.
Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.