Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
"True Ghost Stories" (Read 1506 times)
linn
Ex Member

"True Ghost Stories"
Oct 26th, 2003 at 7:42am

Hello there keeping with the season I thought I would relate a couple of stories that happened to me as a child , here they are.  And yes these are very true,  love linn

"Hattie"                                 
       When I was around seven years old we moved to my mothers childhood home for a short time, this was a very old, very large home built in the 1800's. There was no central heating in the home .As it was  approaching cold weather, we all had to sleep on the first floor as the five bedrooms upstairs had no heat. So all of us kids piled into one bedroom on the the first f loor. The first night there I was awakened with a feeling of someone standing over me, I opened my eyes to see a what appeared like a witch hovering over me. There above my face was a very ugly old woman glaring at me  with a huge scrowling look ,  with grey scraggly hair, and I swore her face had a greenish tint to it. I let out a scream and my parents came running. After describing what I saw, my mother said,,, oh thats just Hattie.  She explained that while she was growing up she also saw this old woman from time to time . Hattie she said was the orginal owner and did not like children. My mother said she found that if she told Hattie she was not afraid of her she would disappear and not bother her anymore. The rest of the night I slept with my head under the blanket.   The following night I was going to sleep with my head under the blanket again, but it got uncomfortable so I popped my head out and fell asleep. Again in the middle of the night I was awakened with the idea to open to my eyes. There was Hattie again floating above me,, I looked at her and said outloud,, I am not afraid of you so go away, with the added gesture of sticking my tongue out at her,,,,she gave me a disdainful look, then turned and faded away. I looked over at my sleeping brothers and sister and wondered why they did not wake up . The following day I told my mother what happened and asked her how come my siblings were not bothered, she related that her sister never saw Hattie either while they lived in the house.                                          
                      'Old Mr Johnson"

Around the age of nine we moved to a house out in the country, sort of a farm house, the neighbors were spread out . We kids slept in bedrooms upstairs and my parents had a bedroom downstairs. After getting settled in , I started to have problems sleeping. I kept waking up with a feeling of gloom, so I would lay there for a bit then the noises would start in. These came from the attic above my bedroom which I shared with my sister. A creaking door sound would start, then footsteps and pacing back and forth sound, this would be followed by a dragging of furniture sound,, a bit of silence , then the noise would start all over again. I repeatedly would wake up my sister have her listen, and she would hear nothing and be irritated at me.  I was not getting restful sleep and my school work suffered.One time I went downstairs , shook my parents awake, begged someone to come up and sit and listen, my mother came up for a bit heard nothing and said dont wake us up again.  Couple of months later my mother and I visited a older lady down the road, she invited us for tea and cake. She was chatting about our house and said wasn't it a shame about the previous owner Mr  Johnson, his wife dying then him taking his own life by hanging himself. We had not heard that story when we bought the house,, My mother looked at me said nothing. We moved several months later.
                 gHOST dOG   

I was around eleven when we moved to a large quaint home, we had a dog then named peachie. We usually kept peachie indoors, only letting her out  to go potty. One night while sleeping I was awakened by  the sound of a dog walking around my bedroom, hearing the clip clip sound of dog nails and tinkling sound of dog tags jingling, I called Peachie over ,, here Peachie, here girl, I called, she walked over and went under my bed,, I heard sniffing sounds, I put my hand down  near the floor to call her out to pet her,  thats when I heard Peachie barking outside,, I turned on the light and looked under my bed, no dog ! then I looked outside and there was Peachie , my dad had forgot to let her back in from earlier that night.   

I wish you all well, love linn
                           I

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.