Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My psychic ability as a child (Read 1551 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
My psychic ability as a child
May 14th, 2019 at 9:25pm

Anthony’s posts today talking about future memory made me remember that as a child I had a lot of experiences of always knowing the future.  I had always just referred to it as psychic ability, but after I’d read the book Future Memory (recommended to me by Bruce Moen) I realized that my experiences were what PMH Atwater was talking about. 

As a child I regularly knew what was going to happen before it happened.  This occurred so frequently that it really gave me such a weird frame of reference for experiencing time passing.  To me, it felt like I lived everything twice.  I would experience something, then it would happen again exactly how I just experienced it.  I felt like I literally lived through everything twice.  Time, experiences, and memory to me were experienced in large chunks.  There would be the first experience of a chunk of time and experience, then it would happen again but this time it was much more slowed down to the point where it felt like time was moving so incredibly slowly, and then there would be the momentary “aftermath” of it where I’d be thinking about what just happened and time would be moving normally again.  But very soon another time chunk experience would occur.  So this happened so frequently that I often (1) always knew what was going to happen and (2) always felt like I was living my life twice and (3) the second time I experienced these memories time felt like it was moving very, very slowly.

I remember as I got to be a much older child that this phenomenon happened less and less, and I remember being grateful for that.  I really hated the feeling of slowness, because it really made me feel like my life was me walking through a dream where I always knew exactly what was going to happen. 

I wonder if what I was doing as a child was akin to putting myself in a kind of self-hypnosis, and that my experiences were indeed psychic ability but that I was kind of stuck in being able to constantly see the future and not have a way of stopping it. 

Now as an adult every once in a while I experience something strange and I wonder if it’s the same kind of self-hypnotic trance??
I like to tend to let my mind wander whenever I get the chance to because as an adult I’m obviously busy all the time and have little time for just being free mentally.  It’s nice when I can just “space out” and not be having to do something.  So that’s just a thing I do as a mental relaxation exercise.

Ok, so a good example is that I’ll just stand there waiting for whatever I’m heating up in the microwave.  And if I watch the seconds count down on the timer and then let my mind just let go, it becomes kind of hypnotic.  And what always happens is that as I’m paying attention to the numbers yet also spacing out, there will be a moment where my awareness suddenly rushes back to the numbers on the timer, as if I’d been daydreaming for a long time.  However, the number didn’t change at all during that time out. 

So like if the last thing I’m aware of is the timer saying 1:53 for example, and then I let my mind wander, then when my mind suddenly comes back to awareness of the timer, it will still be on 1:53 and just then changing to 1:52.  When this happens it always feels like at least several seconds should have gone by.  And it’s also as if the timer stopped counting down for several seconds, literally as if time stood still. 

I know that’s not what’s really going on, so I’m just wondering that this effect is all about.  I assume that since I’m putting myself in a kind of hypnotic state that it’s merely an effect of displacing my sense of time. 

It makes me remember that I did this as a child quite often, and as a child it was so easy to do because there were so many opportunities to do it.  I remember staring out the car window always gave me the same effect, or any time I was swinging or spinning.  I remember that my family was always telling me that I daydreamed all the time, was always “off somewhere” mentally and not paying attention.  I think whatever I was able to do as a child is what caused me to be so psychically aware.

I’d love to hear your thoughts on this.  And I also feel curious about playing around with it to purposely trigger that self-hypnotic state again.

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Anthony Chipoletti

ALK Member

Re: My psychic ability as a child
Reply #1 - May 15th, 2019 at 7:30am

WOW WOW Smiley I bought the kindle of your book and I am only on page 3 Smiley however I just put some things together that I have been thinking about for a LONG time !!

My favorite idea about the human brain was something I saw many years ago, that in fact the brain is like our pet dog, it loves us unconditionally but it is only a dog Smiley

For many years I also wondered why people would always ask some guru: DOES MY DOG GO TO HEAVEN ?? or some question like that which I think I know the answer to Smiley

We are already IN heaven, our brain IS our pet dog, and we are experiencing the slowed down earth time because that is just the way things are, there is no AFTER, only NOW !!

IP Logged

Anthony Chipoletti

ALK Member

Re: My psychic ability as a child
Reply #2 - May 15th, 2019 at 7:39am

We are ALWAYS watching this slowed down earth movie because it is in our family movie memory that we carry with us forever, like a turtle shell as Robert Lanza calls it !!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.