Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Discouraged (Read 3530 times)
HerbHornist

ALK Member

Discouraged
Oct 31st, 2017 at 11:02am

It's been three months now, and I still haven't had any progress with the SLFBE and the Interpreter-Perceiver Balance exercises. The best I've gotten with the SLFBE is a slight jolt in the left hand simultaneously with the start of bending. Since all I see looking into the blackness is grainy blackness, there's nothing to describe, and I get a lot of monkey chatter. I can sometimes still the chatter a little, but there's nothing to describe.

Michael Harner has stated that the only people who have trouble shamanic journeying are lawyers and engineers. I'm an engineer, which may be why I'm attracted to Bruce's approach. However, when he was young, Bruce had visions that showed he was sensitive to the non-physical if it exists, whether he believed it or not. I've had none of this.

I've had some success in journeying, particularly using simultaneous narration, like in Rosalie's Balance Exercise. However, in journeying I can kick-start the process by imagining it. How do I imagine the unknown feeling in the SLFBE or something in the grainy blackness?

I have had some insights in the 2nd Heart Intelligence Exercise. There's a confused little boy in there from 80 years ago.

Perhaps I really don't want to mess things up. I am successful and have a good life and a wonderful marriage. However, while many have asked me why I want to do this, I do want to further my spiritual life, find out what's ahead and help other souls, if there be such.

I did the Guidance Exercise a few weeks ago, and nothing has happened. How much further should I go in the book?

IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Re: Discouraged
Reply #1 - Oct 31st, 2017 at 7:22pm

Go forward. Don't get hung up on the small stuff.

I find it's best to let go of what you expect and be present to what IS.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #2 - Oct 31st, 2017 at 7:37pm

Yes I think you should continue, don’t give up!

Let me ask you, are you also using Bruce’s CDs (or the MP3) that go with the Guidebook?  If not then I highly suggest that you do.  I find his voice so soothing and it easily puts me in a relaxed enough state necessary for the exercises even though Bruce doesn’t use Hemi-Sync. 

Have you tried Hemi-Sync?  If not you may want to try it.  Try it regularly for a while and see if you’re able to fall under the effects of the altered states.  For a lot of people hemi-sync is a great kickstart in teaching your consciousness it’s ok to let go.  Then when you listen to Bruce’s CDs you will probably have an easier time with it. 

I’m not saying that the hemi-sync is a must, it’s just a suggestion.  Bruce’s techniques do work, and they work well on their own without supplementing with hemi-sync.  But I completely understand when you say you have that “monkey chatter” going on.  I get it too.  It takes work and discipline to learn how to quiet the mind, which is why regular meditation practice is so critical.  For me personally, when I watch a lot of TV or spend a lot of time on the Internet, it really does add to the “clutter” in the mind, making it harder to just have a clear, quiet mind when you want to. 

I think the monks knew what they were doing!  If I could just quiet my life and meditate more I’d have an easier time of this nonphysical stuff myself.

Hey, check this out!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJDR5orfew8

I think these videos might help.  There are several of these of Bruce explaining things and answering questions AND you get to see me in some of them  Wink  I'm sitting in the front row on the left-hand side.  I love hearing Bruce in person.  It helps so much to really hear him personally explaining things as he's such a good teacher. 

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Reply #3 - Oct 31st, 2017 at 8:24pm

Bruce's cds are excellent. Remember that the meditations are a technique, and you can adapt them for your own use. If the pace of a particular section does not work for you, just learn the technique and adapt it in such a way that you can use it successfully. You will know when it is working. I promise you.

The method is really no different from some other kinds of meditation. It may take some time, and a very safe and quiet environment.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #4 - Nov 1st, 2017 at 7:44am

^ Quality posts.  Kiss

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
IP Logged

Soulmael

ALK Member

svk
Reply #5 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 6:02am

Would opening to love make this perception process easier? Feeling more love towards self and others. If love is that which connects us together no matter where we are, then this should be one of the most important things we should know before trying to brute-force our perception into another reality.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #6 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 11:11pm

Soulmael wrote on Nov 6th, 2017 at 6:02am:
Would opening to love make this perception process easier? Feeling more love towards self and others. If love is that which connects us together no matter where we are, then this should be one of the most important things we should know before trying to brute-force our perception into another reality.

If any uses brute-force to perceive another reality, it has escaped my notice. Perhaps this occurs somewhere but if that's occurring that's not of interest for me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.