Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Silly Little Finger Bending Exercise (Read 12028 times)
Focus 69

ALK Member

Silly Little Finger Bending Exercise
Jul 18th, 2017 at 1:56pm

I am reading the "silly little finger bending exercise" from Bruce's book and i am wondering if someone can describe this "intent state of consciousness" because for now i see that sequence only as the brain (or the thing which pilots the brain - the soul) giving a brief and "flat" order no more... hence saying one can call it a "feeling" here is a bit optimistic from my perspective...

Thanks for your enlightenment.

IP Logged

Soulmael

ALK Member

svk
Re: Silly Little Finger Bending Exercise
Reply #1 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 8:03am

I am still an novice with this book. And what i feel when doing that exercise is a little marble like pressure in the back part of the brain. Or when i focus in that part of brain and listen, i hear a certain tone which can be intensified by that focus. Does that make sense to you?

IP Logged

Focus 69

ALK Member

Reply #2 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 11:03am

Yeah i understand what you say but this feeling is not so stable and easily recognisable as far as i am concerned.

I clearly feel something in my head SOMETIMES but i dont feel it really before the bending but more during the bending...

IP Logged

Soulmael

ALK Member

svk
Reply #3 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 12:31pm

Hmm, how about you try to bend your energetic finger without moving that physical finger? The feeling looks the same to me. Without physical muscle tension that energetic movement feels also more subtle or fluid.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #4 - Jul 28th, 2017 at 9:18am

One of my takeaways from the silly little finger bending exercise is that of a methodology to aid us in the shift to the state where there is only the observing, and the observing of the observing. There is nothing else to do when we shift to where seeing arises from, to paraphrase a peer.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

Focus 69

ALK Member

Reply #5 - Jul 28th, 2017 at 10:12am

Soulmael wrote on Jul 27th, 2017 at 12:31pm:
Hmm, how about you try to bend your energetic finger without moving that physical finger? The feeling looks the same to me. Without physical muscle tension that energetic movement feels also more subtle or fluid.

Interesting !

IP Logged

Focus 69

ALK Member

Reply #6 - Jul 28th, 2017 at 10:13am

Morrighan wrote on Jul 28th, 2017 at 9:18am:
One of my takeaways from the silly little finger bending exercise is that of a methodology to aid us in the shift to the state where there is only the observing, and the observing of the observing. There is nothing else to do when we shift to where seeing arises from, to paraphrase a peer.

Would you have a description of that feeling dear Morrighan ?

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #7 - Jul 28th, 2017 at 12:38pm

When you are where seeing arises from it feels like home because you are home.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
IP Logged

HerbHornist

ALK Member

Reply #8 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 8:26am

OK, I'll jump in on this thread; I've got more questions. The closest I've got is occasionally feeling some stiction in the finger as it starts to bend. Stiction is an engineering term describing the extra force required to start moving against dry (not lubricated) friction. OK, I'm an engineer. Maybe that's why Bruce's writing appeals to me. However, I doubt that the stiction feeling is what I'm after.

Questions:
1. Now that I'm familiar with the Silly Little Finger Exercise, though unsuccessful, should I progress further in the book, continuing to do the SLF exercise?
2. After I've done the 3DRB, energy gathering etc. and gotten familiar with my finger, I'm asked to do the 3DRB etc. again. However, I've still got some energy flowing. What am I supposed to do with that?

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #9 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 12:10pm

Quote:
Questions:
1. Now that I'm familiar with the Silly Little Finger Exercise, though unsuccessful, should I progress further in the book, continuing to do the SLF exercise?
2. After I've done the 3DRB, energy gathering etc. and gotten familiar with my finger, I'm asked to do the 3DRB etc. again. However, I've still got some energy flowing. What am I supposed to do with that?

1.  Yes, continue progressing through the book, and I think just being familiar with the concept of the SLF exercise is ok.  You understand the fundamentals of it.  I still periodically practice the SLF exercise just as a way of reinforcing the basis of that concept in my mind.

2.  Let it flow and do its own thing while you move on.  You don't have to fix your attention on it.  You can move on in the book.  I've found that with good, solid practice of the 3DRB and the energy gathering that it becomes a thing with a life of its own without me having to concentrate on practicing it.  In other words, once I get really good at making it flow, it's as if I can kind of "sit back" and observe it happening. 

That tells me that I'm in a good, relaxed altered state.  I see the 3DRB and energy gathering as a way of distracting the conscious mind (the part of us who wants to be in control of everything) and allowing it to relax and let go, while also giving our subconscious a chance to take center stage.  To me, that's the benefit of this light altered state.  Even without using these exercises as a stepping board for other nonphysical exploration, it serves well as a very relaxing meditative state of being to really take the edge off of the Beta state of mind.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #10 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 1:50pm

What Vicky says, +1. Onward through the fog! (To quote Oat Willie.)

Recall Bruce is an engineer. The SLFBE is Bruce's approach to identifying what I call the metapoint of intent and creation. Different languaging, same observation.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #11 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 2:36pm

Morrighan wrote on Aug 8th, 2017 at 1:50pm:
What Vicky says, +1. Onward through the fog! (To quote Oat Willie.)

Recall Bruce is an engineer. The SLFBE is Bruce's approach to identifying what I call the metapoint of intent and creation. Different languaging, same observation.

Thanks.  That helps to understand your terminology for the same concept.   Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

HerbHornist

ALK Member

Reply #12 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 4:10pm

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll press on.
Old office sign:
"Four years ago, I couldn’t spell injuneer. Now I are one"  Grin
Well, that was 60 years ago. I still are one (ret).

IP Logged

Focus 69

ALK Member

Reply #13 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 7:06am

So its been few times that i feel a very clear and localized sensation in my brain while moving the finger or anything like an activation in my brain... Is it the good one one are looking for ? (Bruce was talking more about the feeling of anticipation whereas here i am talking about a physical sensation so i am not sure...?)

IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #14 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 8:37am

Focus 69 wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 7:06am:
So its been few times that i feel a very clear and localized sensation in my brain while moving the finger or anything like an activation in my brain... Is it the good one one are looking for ? (Bruce was talking more about the feeling of anticipation whereas here i am talking about a physical sensation so i am not sure...?)

Have you engaged with that which observes yet?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.