Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Literal creation fundamentalism (Read 5335 times)
Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Johannesburg South Africa
Literal creation fundamentalism
May 21st, 2017 at 6:21am

I get really annoyed when I hear literal creationist insisting God took a mere six literal 24 hour days to create our unimaginable huge beautiful universe and that our Planet is a mere sis thousand years old.

I would like the forums members to contribute to the discussion, before I post what I believe.

The truth remains the truth, no matter what we think the truth is, the truth is the truth regardless

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Re: Literal creation fundamentalism
Reply #1 - May 21st, 2017 at 9:09am

Do you think God is limited?

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #2 - May 21st, 2017 at 11:11am

I Am Dude wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 9:09am:
Do you think God is limited?

Yes in a way! Mankind for instance humanity are a huge mistake. And if he did indeed make the entire universe in six days why did he take so long and not done the whole thing in just one flashing brief moment?

If you believe the bible then the only thing that is impossible for God to do is lie

The truth remains the truth, no matter what we think the truth is, the truth is the truth regardless

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #3 - May 21st, 2017 at 1:26pm

I don't believe God is limited; therefore, he would have more than a six-day option available to him.  This universe is vast, and who knows how many universes God has created?

The complexity of God's creations is probably difficult for a  human mind to understand, or to describe in a book from a time period when most people weren't looking for sophisticated descriptions. Didn't people still believe that the world is flat back then?

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 21st, 2017 at 1:49pm

Albert, for some reason, some folks still believe the Earth is flat.  These folks would argue that it is until the cows come home. That doesn't make their viewpoint correct though.  It might just indicate them getting overly stuck in a distorted, limited belief system based more on the beliefs of others, rather than guidance or experience.

IP Logged

TheDonald

ALK Member

Reply #5 - May 21st, 2017 at 5:23pm

Justin: "For some reason, some folks still believe the Earth is flat.  These folks would argue that it is until the cows come home."

I like that cow image.  As a young man, I sometimes signed romantic letters, "Your till the deserts freeze and the camels come skating home, Don."

Justin: That doesn't make their viewpoint correct though. 

Why not?   Roll Eyes

Justin: "It might just indicate them getting overly stuck in a distorted, limited belief system based more on the beliefs of others, rather than guidance or experience."

Precisely how I view the overview promulgated here by you and Albert!   Grin

Actually, there is a serious point to be discussed here.  I currently promote and play games at our local Senior Center.  A couple of weeks ago, Allen approached me to argue for a flat earth.  He made these 3 points:

(1) The Bible assumes a flat earth. 
I protested that the Bible is not a book on science, adding that some texts do imply a round earth: "It is He who sits above the circle of the Earth (Isaiah 40:22)."  The Hebrew word for "circle" here also means "ball!"

(2) The whole NASA space program is controlled by evil Masons, who orchestrate this deception.

I pointed out that many of the most honest and dedicated members of my churches were Masons or their sister counterpart, Eastern Star members.  I once found a book on the Masons next to a book on devil worship in the Occult section of a Christian book store.  With mock horror, I expressed great concern about the dire significance of this to my Mason friends, thus whipping them into the hoped for frenzy--until they caught on to my act!

Right before the first Apollo moon landing, Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong had a Holy Communion service in their space capsule.   On a visit to Israel, Neil Armstrong saw the trail walked by the mob who brought Jesus to the high priest's palace and exclaimed, "This is the most meaningful experience of my life!"  (Not the moon landing!!!)Astronauts Ed White and Edgar Mitchell were good friends.  When White was killed in space, Mitchell honored his wish that a King James Bible be brought to the moon for a sacred reading.  I pointed out to Allen that the Christian values of these eyewitnesses make it unlikely that they were lying about seeing a round earth from space.  That point didn't make a dent on Allen!

(3) The Apollo moon landing was faked and all satellite photos of a round earth are CGI fakes.

Allen dismissed all my evidence to the contrary.  His mentality is a cautionary tale for astral explorers on this site.  To be meaningful, an overview needs to be testable and therefore must in principle be falsifiable.  Ghetto groupthink based on doctrine of Focus levels may well seem experientially corroborated to those who drink the New Age Kool-Ade.  But an openness to contrary experience-based perspectives is essential to any chance of developing real knowledge on such matters. 

In my next, planned post on this thread, I will directly address the issue posed in the OP, which really belongs in the "Religions and Their Beliefs" section.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #6 - May 21st, 2017 at 6:58pm

Don said: "Justin: "It might just indicate them getting overly stuck in a distorted, limited belief system based more on the beliefs of others, rather than guidance or experience."

Precisely how I view the overview promulgated here by you and Albert!"

Recoverer 2 responds: "It's funny, I get attacked by those who are against Jesus, and those who say they are with Jesus. Below is an example of the former.

I wake up the other night and hear and see sort of a powerful and violent explosion. Not an explosion with flames, or nuclear, kind of electric and white. It seemed to come from the direction above the top of my head, but not right by my head. Almost as if it was in the next room, but not really in the next room. It is was probably about the size of a large living room. It is hard to tell.

This explosion came with hate and anger. Quite naturally, after waking up and hearing such noise, I felt a bit startled, adrenaline was released, and my heart rate increased. It felt as if I was located like in a demonic hell realm. I quickly took control of my emotional state, tuned into my spirit self, its connection to God, and love and peace as best as I could, and I was immediately located in my bedroom again.

The being that attacked me was still there. I could feel its energy. It tried to overtake my willpower. Because I've been through this sort of thing numerous times before during retrievals, I didn't become afraid, I instead tuned into my spirit self, its connection to God and those who are with God,  my faith in God and Christ, and love and peace, and the negative energy gradually transformed until I only felt love and peace.

I can understand why negative entities are so intent on attacking me. I don't understand why Don is so intent. I hope it isn't a matter of his having the desire to be correct to an extent that he would rather find that Justin I are either deluded or demonically controlled, or some combination, than have to find that we are okay and in some occasions correct.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #7 - May 21st, 2017 at 7:44pm

This video presents an interesting case for a Biblical flat earth perspective. For those who haven't researched the topic, I'd recommend watching it before jumping to conclusions about the idea. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG_-BYKaehI

Rather than making criticisms about people with a particular belief, as is the ad hominem trend here, how about we discuss the actual content of the belief and prove why it is valid or invalid? As a forewarning, critical personal statements, direct or indirect, made in response to this post, will be reported.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #8 - May 21st, 2017 at 7:54pm

No attack from me Dude, I'm fine with you writing what you just wrote. I don't agree with it, but that's another matter.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #9 - May 21st, 2017 at 8:05pm

I started to watch the video, but it is over 2 hours, and there is no way I am going to watch that much.

To the right I saw the below video. You only need to hear the first few minutes to get the gist of it. It has an interesting twist on the hollow heaven viewpoint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXOfH8YjlTI

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #10 - May 21st, 2017 at 8:16pm

I remember a quote in which an old lady who believed in a flat earth was asked, then how is the earth then held up? Her answer was "son by a giant turtle".

"What or who holds up the turtle was the response to her?

She then said "Son it is turtles all the way down"  Grin

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #11 - May 21st, 2017 at 8:23pm

Careful Alan,  it would be too ironical if Dude tried to get you banned. There is already some irony on this thread. Since Iron is heavy, the turtle you mention might get overwhelmed.  Grin

Alan McDougall wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 8:16pm:
I remember a quote in which an old lady who believed in a flat earth was asked, then how is the earth then held up? Her answer was "son by a giant turtle".

"What or who holds up the turtle was the response to her?

She then said "Son it is turtles all the way down"  Grin

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #12 - May 21st, 2017 at 9:29pm

Quote:
Precisely how I view the overview promulgated here by you and Albert!   

You forgot some other folks like Bob Monroe, Bruce Moen, at least a couple of NDE'rs, and while Edgar Cayce's work doesn't outright say it, it strongly implies it*.  I think you would also find that there are at least a few posters here whom are probably at the very least pretty open minded to the concept--folks like 2Bets, Vicky, etc. 

So, it's not like we are an army of two, as your words give the impression of. It's not like this self didn't have powerful experiences like the John one I recently talked about.  Mighty coincidental all of that. 

* In a couple rare readings where Cayce's source identifies itself, in two of those cases, Ra Ta is listed as one of the individuals helping out.  According to Cayce's guidance, Ra Ta was a past life influence for Edgar himself.  Hence, if literal, linear reincarnation from one far past life to eventual present, then this wouldn't make any sense, because Edgar himself would be Ra, but with some 7 or so successive lifetimes in between (Uhjltd, a Trojan, Lucius, a French boy who died early, two different John Bainbridges, and others hinted at).  But they made it sound like Ra Ta was very much an individual helping out with those particular readings.  Hence, it strongly implies the whole Disk/larger Spirit and collective self concept. 

But back to literal creation fundamentalism. I suppose it's possible, but considering that everything we know scientifically now, probably very unlikely that these are correct.  Similar with flat earth theory. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.