Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
A question & thought about Disks/Spirits (Read 30373 times)
Uno

ALK Member

Re: A question & thought about Disks/Spirits
Reply #60 - May 18th, 2017 at 12:53pm

Ok SL2, but completing the train of thought about love will hopefully be more interesting to read. Will post tomorrow.

If you claim there is no truth and in the same breath claim that is the truth, you are a leftist.

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #61 - May 18th, 2017 at 1:08pm

According to you, what are some very good/clear/helpful outer sources and/or teachers that you would recommend to help reorient this deluded self back to the straight and narrow path? 

And since we're here, have you ever received any guidance about a negative ET group that is very involved with humanity and has been a long time?  If so, were you ever shown their form/what they look like?

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #62 - May 18th, 2017 at 5:43pm

For whatever reasons, my new responses appear in two places.  Some under 3) and 4) of the quote section, and some afterwards.

I am now responding to the other portions of Don's inquiries.

Recoverer 2 wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 12:43pm:
Below within brackets are some responses.

TheDonald wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 2:14am:
I don't believe in reincarnation or soul Disks, but I'm interested in the extent to which such claims can be rendered logically coherent and consistent with other well established data about the afterlife.  I'd like to offer 4 lines of questioning:

(1) The OP's original question is potentially a fruitful one.  Why can't the whole soul Disk incarnate in one incarnation?  If not, why not?  If so,  what might be gained that the incarnation of a soul fragment could not achieve? 

[[Because there would be too much energy.  My higher self/over soul once enabled me to experience what it is like to be an over soul like being. I was aware of numerous incarnations at the same time. It wasn't difficult to be aware in such a way because my vastness handled all of the information quite easily, and it felt completely natural to experience in such a way. There wasn't anything negative about it. Interesting thing was, I still felt like me.  There is no way all of that energy could be fit into a body.

I stated this elsewhere, when NDEr PMH Atwater experienced her Soul, she understood that it was way too big to inhabit a physical body. She understands that she is just one finger of her soul. Other information I received made the point that there is no way the entirety of a soul could be placed in a physical body. As I have grown spiritually I have found that amount of spirit energy I feel can be overwhelming at times. For example, I can feel it streaming out of my face.

Considering that people are often very slow to learn and change, it is understandable that a soul would need more than one incarnation to learn what it needs to learn. It  seems as if one of the things my soul needed to learn during this incarnation, is to not be afraid of unfriendly spirits. It took a number of years to improve my wisdom about this. One thing that helped me was what previous Disk (soul group?) members learned. I don't mean to brag, I've had a kind heart and loved God since I was a young child. I was never mean to other children. In fact, I stood  up for kids that were bullied. How did I get to be this way? Don said elsewhere that souls could learn before they incarnate in this world. I agree. This world is just one way of learning. But I also believe that the lessons of more than one soul incarnation can be valuable.]]
(2) But  questions in turn are related to a more basic question: How is it even meaningful to posit postmortem life for a total soul disk?  Suppose more and more soul fragments are "retrieved."  What difference would that make to the Disk Self as a whole and why?  And how would such differences ever be discovered?
[[Going by what I understand, fragments aren't disintegrated after they rejoin a Disk. Perhaps this is significant: I don't recall either Robert Monroe or Bruce Moen using the term higher self or over soul. They used the terms I-there and Disk. I wonder if they experienced something like a group soul/soul group. If higher selves have multiple incarnations, what are the margins between these selves and the selves of other Higher selves that share the same soul group? I don't believe the margins are significant. I figure that members of a soul group are able to share information with each other completely. This is a very effective way to learn. It makes it so none of us on and individual self basis needs to incarnate repeatedly. Sometimes past life memories might come from a soul group member.

Robert Monroe wrote of a new self being created. In his NDE account  Thomas Sawyer spoke of something similar when he spoke of reincarnation. In his NDE account, Ron Krueger spoke of meeting his previous selves, and they were all joined together in a cluster. I believe that in truth we are all connected, and not separate form each other.

I'll have to continue my response later, because I have to take care of something now.]]

(3) Swedenborg claims that his apparent retrieval of past life memories was shown by guides to be a misunderstanding based on his lack of awareness of unconscious soul mergers in which the memories  of undetected spirits flow in and appear to be one's own from a prior incarnation.   ES claims to have learned this correction by direct astral experience.  How can such a discrepancy be explained or reconciled with the soul Disk view? 

[[There is a book called "Thirty Years Amongst the Dead." For 30 years Carl Wickland  and his wife helped people that were possessed by Earth bound spirits. Through one case they found that some people are possessed by people that are trying to reincarnate, because such spirits believe that this is what you are supposed to do after death.

Going by the information I have received, what some sources say, and what makes sense to me, reincarnation doesn't happen in the conventional way. It is more of a Disk-like activity that might extend to soul groups. Past life memories can come from souls people merged with before they incarnated in this world. Some of these souls could be Group Soul spirits.

Perhaps some of those Ian Stevenson cases were possession cases.

I'm weary of accepting what hypnotists have found through past life regressions. Hypnosis doesn't seem like foolproof method of obtaining information.]]

(4) Also, consider evidence from ADCs, NDEs, channeling, and the Bible documenting a post-mortem career for new arrivals.  How are such careers" possible if the hypothesized soul Disk is focused on new incarnations?  What evidence is there for an interruption of a postmortem "career" for a new incarnation?

[[Because reincarnation doesn't take place in the linear way some people speak of it. It if happens, it happens in a disk way. There might be some exceptions.

I cannot say that I know absolutely for certain how the reincarnation thing takes place. I simply stated what I have been able to figure out, and what makes sense to me.]]

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #63 - May 18th, 2017 at 11:22pm

Another Disk experience:  In elementary, I became friends with a neighborhood kid while I lived in the area, then moved out about a year later. We moved back to the area many years later during High school, and I had stayed back one grade. 
     I met the old elementary's friend, younger brother John. I was open minded to the idea of reincarnation and karma at the time, but I believed in the literal, Eastern kind.  I would occasionally meet people whom I felt very strongly that we had some kind of prior connection.  There was a strong sense of familiarity and the like. 
     Well, when I met John, it was like that, but even more intense.  In class, I would find myself just staring at him, trying to figure out the connection. Apparently, he felt it too, because I caught him staring at me a lot as well (I was VERY sensitive to this in general, and use to run "studies" in classes to see percentages of how many individuals would pick up on this). 
    We even looked a bit alike in some ways, like we both had Leo Rising (oddly, Edgar Cayce also had Leo Rising, but Uranus on same, so he was a weird looking Leo Rising  Grin ).  We never became close, but were more acquaintances--partly because he was a lot more popular and I was a social misfit/outcast (and in other ways, he was definitely slower vibratory and I was definitely faster vibratory).
      I moved away, yet again, and I found myself occasionally having dreams about him, just like we were meeting up and exchanging news with each other.  During one of the first psychic readings I ever received, I asked the intuitive about John.  She said something that I didn't understand at all.  She said that he was my "psychic twin".  Hmmm. 
      Some more time went by, and one morning I remember a particularly vivid dream about John.  He had just moved into a new "dorm", and seemed so happy to be there.  I was very happy for him.  About a week or so after the dream, a High School friend called me up and said, "Did you know that John died a couple weeks ago in a car crash!" 
      I said, "no", but instantly that dream made sense.  Some years later, after hearing about and getting guidance about the veracity of the Disk concept, what the psychic said years before started to make sense.  John was a fellow Disk member, who had incarnated around the same time as I had. I have wondered if he was the incarnated, former John Bainbridge, because he had a very stormy, off and on relationship with a particular young woman.
       Anyways, if a person doesn't understand that Souls and the Spirit level aren't limited by linear space/time, then they just won't understand Disks, simultaneous lifetimes of different Souls that are part of the same Disk, etc

IP Logged

Uno

ALK Member

Reply #64 - May 19th, 2017 at 12:33pm

Love does indeed have hate as a true opposite, and if there's one good thing about hate, it is that you can reverse it to know what love is. At this time, hate in the most simple way I can explain it: a wish for all things bad happen to others. Figuring out the opposite of this is simple to do, and it's good to figure out.

Hate is hate. Dislike is not hate. If you dislike somebody, you don't wish for them to be dead or suffer. You can dislike someone and yet wish for good things for them. Dislike and love at the same time is possible the same way you can breathe and walk the talk at the same time.

What is the basics of unconditional love? A steady and stable ongoing wish for all things good to happen to someone / all. Big or small bump? Forgiveness enables continued love. In the act of forgiving you may also find that eventual bad things within you dissolve.

What is a wish? Have you ever wished somebody good morning and meant it? Yes? If not, think of a time where you simply wished something for somebody, and you know the natural way to make a wish. How about coupling love with action?

I don't care for glitter to bathe love in, but it is important to remember, as with everything, the basics is just the beginning. And the beginning is good.

I am not a Christian, but I recognise love and forgiveness as Christian values, and they are fortunate to have such good values. Is love the force of God? I don't know, but Godspeed finding out.

SL2: Good teachers according to me? You have stated that Jesus is your teacher. Just make sure you are actually communicating with Jesus and not an image of Jesus, or your image of Jesus.

Who am I? I am not Tom Campbell as you have proposed in PM. I am not Skip Atwater either. I haven't been to the Monroe Institute. I don't live in the US, but I am located in Norway. Ring any bells? You previously knew me as Ambivalent, and first on the forum as Volu. Not very exciting, but there you have it. Is my composure unfamiliar? Are my thoughts a lot clearer than they used to be? Miss my sarcasm? Why have you continued the Volu trademarked stirring of the "darkside"? It's really about stirring people's emotions and specifically their dislikes. This has been a far cry from being a perfect situation; you didn't know about my former avatar names and I have stated that I was new here. Not knowing is a part of life, and if not careful, one panders to wishful thinking and we convince ourselves that fantasy is reality. Thank you for engaging, and though I am not a teacher I hope you will use this for good. I can tell from my back and forth with you that you have plenty of strength. Make room for your goodness too. Not too much of just goodness, or too much of just strength. Goodness and strength are best mates and will help each other out and will ultimately help you out. Now, if you thoroughly dislike / disapprove of my part, then please be a better man than me in thoughts, words and actions. Last but not least, I will not pass out any part of my name and that's the end of that.

To the reader of this post, may good be with you. That's it, time to log off and it's not possible to PM me. Thanks for the attention, take care and carry on.

If you claim there is no truth and in the same breath claim that is the truth, you are a leftist.

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #65 - May 19th, 2017 at 12:51pm

Thank you Uno for the needed lesson. Occasionally I need to be smacked upside the head (heart?), with some reflection of my own shadow side/lacks.

Had you been truthful in the beginning with me about not having been here before,  preconceptions and beliefs would probably not so gotten in the way.  Two lessons here, the above one relating to humility and shadow, and don't take humans on their word, because so many tell mis truths.  It was my goodness and self honesty, that inclined me to take what you told me on face value. (I fully trust Albert, because I know his heart is pure, or near pure. I trust him even more than my spouse [whom I'm very close to], in some ways.)

And yes, your vibe and interaction has changed much. If I didn't know better, I would think you were trying to channel T.C.   

Take care and thank you for the needed lesson, but not for misleading me. 
« Last Edit: May 19th, 2017 at 3:49pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Uno

ALK Member

Reply #66 - May 19th, 2017 at 3:11pm

I need to say this before going silent again: do as you think is best for you. But please don't lose faith nor trust in fellow human beings. Like you said in another thread, to err is human. But throwing out the baby with the bathwater is being hasty. Thank you for the interaction over the years. Take care Justin.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.